Chapter 7

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes I feel

I can't keep it together.

Then you hold me close

And you make it better.

When I'm with you,

I can feel so unbreakable.

KyonDae went out of her room once she was done getting ready, as it was another day of college before the weekends. She skipped the stairs and walked to the dining table only to see her mother sitting at the table with a long pout on her face. Not to mention her chin resting on her knuckles too. From one look, it seemed like her mother was unhappy about something but then with the childish looking pout, KyonDae figured EunJung was only being playful again.

The lass shook her head before sitting down beside her mother and asked, “Morning, mom. What’s with the long face?” KyonDae giggled seeing her mother’s childlike side and grabbed a toast before spreading butter and strawberry jam on it. EunJung, still with a pout on her face, turned to KyonDae and said with puppy eyes, “Morning, love. It seems like there are no cookies this morning and I’m sad.”

KyonDae stopped spreading the butter and frowned. “No cookies? Have we run out of biscuits already? I thought we just did grocery shopping a few days ago and bought a lot of those.” She tilted her head, still with a frown and took a bite of her strawberry and butter flavored toast. Why was her mother suddenly craving for cookies in the morning? It was so unlike her to choose that for breakfast, knowing how stern and serious EunJung was when it came to their breakfast.

EunJung grunted and her shoulders fell when she heard what her daughter just said. “Not those cookies! I meant the one L.Joe gives us every morning!” She whined childishly at her confused daughter who looked at her as if she was some sort of an alien that just landed on her dining table that morning.

KyonDae laughed aloud after hearing EunJung’s complaining and almost choked on her toast. So that was why her mother was upset that morning. It was simply because they didn’t receive any cookies from L.Joe that day. To tell the truth, the boy sent his self-baked cookies to their house every morning and that seemed to cause EunJung to bounce off the walls. She was so excited every time she found a cute Tupperware at the front door every morning and will brag about it to KyonDae each time too.

KyonDae, on the other hand, was impressed herself by his efforts but the thought that never left her mind was won’t L.Joe ask for his Tupperwares back? Her mother was already stacking them at a special corner in their kitchen according to the days since the first they received them.

“Don’t tell me you’re expecting for the cookies every day, mom.” KyonDae said while drinking her apple juice. EunJung only shrugged but her pout was already gone. She took a sip of her coffee while looking at KyonDae with an indecipherable look.

KyonDae frowned with her mother’s weird attitude and couldn’t help but to feel a bit scared. Her mother, who was more like a friend to her, can creep her out sometimes, especially when she was being like this. “Mom, you’re freaking me out. What’s with that look?”

EunJung put her cup down and leaned closer to her daughter, causing the girl to lean back on her seat. Her face was dead serious and KyonDae assumed what her mother was going to say was something important as each time EunJung had that expression on her face, it was regarding a serious matter.

“Mother, what’s going on? How can your mood change in a split second like that?” KyonDae asked but the answer she received next was not what she expected at all. And she regretted for asking.

“I think he won’t bring cookies today. I think he’ll be bringing something else.” She whispered. KyonDae caught her breath and then face palmed herself hard when she heard what her mother just said. “Oh, mom!! I thought it was something important!! Hate to break it to you but you can’t just expect him to send something every morning!” KyonDae whined while EunJung blinked innocently.

KyonDae finished her juice and quickly stood up, ready to go. She grabbed her bag and pecked her mother’s cheek who was laughing happily. “You should’ve seen the expression on your face, love! It was totally priceless.” EunJung exclaimed while trailing her daughter towards the front door. KyonDae sighed and just ignored her childish mother. She didn’t know what was wrong with EunJung that morning. Maybe she hit her head on the wall or something when she woke up.

KyonDae put on her shoes and opened the door, only to be greeted by a grinning L.Joe who was standing like a statue with a Tupperware in his hands. KyonDae was shocked to see L.Joe there and went speechless while her mother brightened when she saw the sight of L.Joe at their front door. EunJung stepped forward and excitedly cheered. “L.Joe!! Good morning!!”

L.Joe bowed politely to the older woman and greeted back. “Good morning to you too!” He stretched his arms out towards EunJung, handing the Tupperware he was holding to her. EunJung looked at the Tupperware and L.Joe back and forth, a little clueless.

“It looks like your prayer is answered, mom.” KyonDae mumbled at her side. EunJung smiled gratefully at L.Joe before taking the Tupperware from him. “Thank you, love! That is so sweet of you to send cookies every morning! The both of us like them so much!” She exclaimed happily while hugging KyonDae’s shoulder who looked at her back weirdly.

L.Joe smiled widely back at her, showing his white teeth. “It’s nothing at all! Glad you like them. Usually I’ll send them earlier but today I got up a little late.” He turned to KyonDae before he continued. “Anyway, MyungHee’s under the weather today so I’ll walk you to college.”

KyonDae only nodded as her thought went out to her friend who was sick that day. So that was why L.Joe was there. To walk her to college since MyungHee wasn’t there.

“You really shouldn’t have, though. I’m fine walking on my own. College is not even that far.” KyonDae said, as she felt a little bad that L.Joe had to wait for her just now.

“Oh, nonsense KyonDae! Of course he wouldn’t mind!” EunJung suddenly butted in and pushed them both forward. “Walk safely and thanks for the cookies L.Joe!” EunJung said before closing the door, leaving both L.Joe and KyonDae bewildered at the pavement.

“Welcome!” L.Joe replied with a laugh before turning to KyonDae who had a weird look on her face. “What?” He asked before started walking. KyonDae followed and simply shrugged before she said, “Nothing. It’s just that my mother is very fond of you. She was sulking just now because she didn’t receive any cookies from you at the usual timing and boom, her mood changed when she saw you. Or should I say your cookies. That is going to keep her smiling all day until she falls asleep at night.”

“Well, couldn’t blame the lady for my awesomeness in baking. Don’t you like my cookies? Is your mother the only person who eats them all?” L.Joe asked while his gaze went to her and pretended to be a little hurt. KyonDae looked at him slightly and softly punched his shoulder when she saw his oh-so-sad look. “Of course I eat them too. They are to die for, in fact.”

L.Joe smiled contentedly when he heard that. Even though she didn’t literally say she liked them, he knew she did. She was just someone who didn’t express directly.

Both of them were walking quietly towards college, which was now in their sight, and L.Joe suddenly remembered that he wanted to ask her something actually. “Oh hey, do you have anything to do after class? Library or MyungSoo’s class?”

KyonDae quickly shook her head as the answer, knowing that she didn’t have anything after class and most probably, her destination after class was to go home. It was another day where MyungSoo’s class was closed so she had nowhere else to go besides home. “Why?” She asked.

L.Joe thought for a moment before answering with a mischievous smile. “Just follow me later.” KyonDae blew a raspberry in frustration as she was reminded of MyungSoo who gave her those kinds of answers when she asked something.

“You don’t mind right?” L.Joe asked again seriously and this time he looked at her to see her reaction. K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter