Chapter 14

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never thought that I could love
someone as much as I love you
I know it's crazy but it's true
I never thought that I could need
someone as much as I need you
I Love You...

“Morning, KyonDae!” L.Joe greeted as he reached his seat in class the next morning. KyonDae who was reading was shocked to see L.Joe there and stared at him without blinking. “What are you doing here?” She asked, eyes still not leaving L.Joe as the lad pulled his chair and settled down beside her.

L.Joe laughed at her question and looked at her questioningly. “I am attending the class, of course. What else should I be doing here? I’m not banned from college, am I?”

KyonDae’s mouth was agape as she studied L.Joe carefully. The other, meanwhile, only shook his head and said, “Why are you staring at me like that? It’s getting creepier.”

“Aren’t you supposed to still be in the hospital?” KyonDae asked, still squinting at L.Joe. L.Joe lifted his shoulders and answered. “Well, the doctor said I’m already good to go. Besides, I told you it was nothing serious. I just fainted, that’s all.”

Without giving her any moment to answer or comment anything, he took out something from his bag that turned out to be a small Tupperware before putting it on KyonDae’s table. KyonDae looked at the Tupperware with creased brows before looking back to L.Joe.

Noticing her confused look, he said, “I didn’t get the chance to stop by at your house so I had no choice but to bring them here instead.” A grin formed on his face. “But I feel bad for your mother though. Just leave her some when you take them home.”

KyonDae frowned deeper and said while looking back at forth between the Tupperware and L.Joe,

“You still had the time to bake more cookies? I just saw you at the hospital yesterday and only God knows when you were discharged from the hospital. Didn’t you know that you’re sick? Weren’t you supposed to be resting instead of baking cookies?”

L.Joe smiled wider hearing her nagging at him. To others it might be annoying but to him, it meant a lot as it showed how much this girl cared for him.

“I got discharged last night. I managed to convince the doctor that I am perfectly fine and that I only fainted. Seriously, you can’t expect me to be in bed all day! What was I to do? By the way, those are not cookies. Those are cupcakes.” He said while tapping the lid of the Tupperware.

KyonDae only nodded slowly at his explanation and decided to leave the matter alone. If L.Joe said he was fine, then he was. There was no point of pushing it though as his answer will be the same. She opened the Tupperware carefully and took one of the cupcakes before beginning to take a bite. She even offered some to L.Joe but he politely turned down her offer as he said he ate too much of his own cupcakes already.

KyonDae only lifted her shoulders before continued eating. She was waiting for MyungHee to come so she can gave her one but her friend was not there yet. KyonDae returned to her book with one hand holding the cupcake and without her knowing, L.Joe only stared at her contentedly as he felt glad and happy to see her eat something he made.

He may have been giving her cookies or sometimes muffins but that was the first time he actually saw KyonDae eating them in front of him. A smile crept on his face as he wished he could bake for her every day.

Finding the book she was reading was no longer able to keep her interest, she kept it away before finishing of her cupcake and kept the others.

“You know, I’ve never wondered that you can bake very well. Despite the weird shapes but I have to admit they are tasteful.” She complimented. “Not to mention that each of the cookies or muffins or cupcakes has different flavors. Must have taken a lot of your time huh?”

L.Joe only smiled and shook his head, “It really is fine with me. To say I am good at baking, well honestly I am not that good though. But I know I’m improving a lot in terms of the shape and the taste right?” KyonDae rolled her eyes at his statement but agreed with it anyway.

“Why do you go through all the trouble? I mean, you do not seem to be baking any cookies to MyungHee or the boys. Why troubling yourself to bake them for me? Not to mention every single day, too.” KyonDae asked, as she could not help but to wonder. She felt strange because out of all people, she was the only one who L.Joe baked cookies for. “You’re not hitting on my mother, are you ?” She asked and pretended to sound serious.

L.Joe’s eyes widened at her question and lightly hit her head. “What nonsense are you talking about? Why would I be hitting on your mother?! Just so you know, I have no definite reason why. About giving you the cookies, I mean. I just enjoyed doing it.” He explained or in fact, lied. There was a reason why, of course. Like there is a reason to everything but there was no way he was going to tell her.

KyonDae only nodded her head and looked at her classmates, who seemed to be having a great time chatting and snoring since the lecturer could not be found. She kept glancing at the door too, hoping to see MyungHee who had gone MIA as well.

“How did you get home yesterday?” L.Joe asked, regarding KyonDae’s visit to the hospital. “You stopped by so shortly that I didn’t get the chance to ask you how your day was.” He added and pretended to be hurt.

“MyungSoo oppa sent me home.” KyonDae answered, “I … err, actually came with him yesterday. More like bumped into him actually, while I was on my way. He waited outside while I visited you.” L.Joe only nodded his head and said nothing more. He already knew about it, actually. SaRang told him after KyonDae left that there was someone else waiting outside L.Joe’s ward before she came in. He just felt like asking KyonDae again to know whether she would tell him the truth. Not that it really mattered after all.

“And oh, your ... fiancée … SaRang,” KyonDae said again with a smile, catching L.Joe’s attention. “She’s a very lively and friendly girl. Why did not you tell me that you are engaged? When did you get betrothed to her?” She asked, suddenly feeling curious about L.Joe and SaRang’s relationship, as she did not know anything about it. She began to wonder if the others knew about it already.

L.Joe was playing with his fingers as at the same time trying to hide his nervousness. He tried to look as calm as possible as he did not want the secret to be revealed unnecessarily just because he was shaking involuntarily.

“Well um ... it’s ... A little complicated. Both of our parents arranged it and under some circumstances, we just had to agree with it. We’ve known each other for quite some time too so ... it’s not that awkward between us.” He explained, tried to make it short without revealing anything more. He was hoping that KyonDae would forget about the matter and talk about something else but KyonDae had already beaten him to the chase.

“Is that the reason why you didn’t come home like you promised?” She asked nonchalantly and her question took L.Joe unawares. His shoulders slumped a little and a soft sigh escaped from his mouth. He gazed at KyonDae softly as the girl was still staring at him, waiting for his answer as he could see eagerness in her eyes.

“KyonDae ah ... I’m so sorry but can we not talk about this? The situation is very complicated and it’s not something we should be discussing at the moment.” He pleaded gently, hoping she would understand and prayed that she will not get mad for having him to say that.

Seeing the look on his face that was begging her so badly to forget about it, KyonDae nodded reluctantly. Her heart ached a little when L.Joe was avoiding the question each time she asked. It was not that she was being a busybody; it was simply because she wanted to know the reason why L.Joe broke his promise. She will understand his reasons bus since L.Joe will not say a word about it, she decided to let it slide.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter