Chapter 3

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In class, KyonDae was as fidgety as she can be. What happened yesterday was lingering on her mind and she couldn’t shake the thought off. She thought she was dreaming but she pinched her cheeks so many times to prove that she wasn’t. The lecturer wasn’t there yet and KyonDae was skittish.

She could feel that something was going to happen that day but she couldn’t point her finger on it. She sighed for the umpteenth time and buried her head in her arms. She didn’t understand this feeling that she was having and she hated it. She didn’t know why she was so damn angry or... sad?

MyungHee, who was reading beside her, only frowned to see her friend’s weird behavior. KyonDae had been acting weirdly the minute they walked to college together from her house. She wanted so badly to ask her what was on her mind but she knew that KyonDae would tell her if she felt like it. She will open up eventually without having MyungHee to ask. MyungHee continued to read her book and let KyonDae be.

The lecturer came shortly after that. MyungHee gently shook KyonDae’s shoulder, to tell her that the class was going to start as she thought KyonDae was sleeping. However, the girl wasn’t sleeping at all and took out her books from her bag. MyungHee took a closer look and noticed eye bags under KyonDae’s eyes. She figured that KyonDae must be sleeping late last night or didn’t sleep at all.

The lecturer started writing something on the white board and MyungHee quietly elbowed her friend. KyonDae who was writing down the notes turned to her with a questioning look as she felt MyungHee was trying to get her attention. MyungHee looked at her worriedly and mouthed ‘are you okay?’ while pointing towards her eye bags. KyonDae smiled a little and nodded her head before continuing to write her notes. MyungHee didn’t believe her but she didn’t get the chance to ask more as the lecturer suddenly faced them again, ready to explain about that day’s lesson.

They were half way learning about the new topic when the door suddenly opened, and someone familiar entered while smiling sheepishly. All eyes were on him as the lesson suddenly came to a stop and two pairs of eyes were looking at him shockingly, KyonDae and MyungHee. They were both flabbergasted to see L.Joe suddenly standing at the door, as they didn’t expect him to be there at all. It’s like a dejavu all over again.

KyonDae sighed and put her head down while MyungHee was tugging her elbow excitedly as she kept on whispering that L.Joe was back. Obvious enough, MyungHee didn’t know that KyonDae already met him the day before. She was also certain that MyungSoo didn’t tell her sister anything about it.

“Are you the new student that is going to take this major starting today?” The lecturer asked as she checked her record book. L.Joe, who was still standing at the door, nodded his head eagerly with a smile. While the lecturer was checking something in her book, his eyes did a quick scan around the class and found the people he was looking for. He met eyes with MyungHee who waved at him excitedly and L.Joe waved at her back. He noticed the person sitting next to MyungHee was hanging her head low and didn’t want to look up. He was sure that MyungHee would’ve told her that he was there, it was just that she didn’t want to see him, hence he sighed upon that thought.

“Alright, Mr. Lee. Welcome to our college and welcome to Interior Designing Major. To be honest you don’t look like someone who likes designing but, oh well.” The lecturer said and shrugged. The rest of the students laughed, as they had to agree with the lecturer. L.Joe really didn’t look like someone who liked interior designs. Maybe the one thing that he will ever design was his hair color.

L.Joe bowed politely with a wide smile, ignoring the lecturer’s first remark about him and walked towards the one and only empty seat in the class. Deep down, he was so grateful that the seat was exactly next to her and it wasn’t taken. Well, he couldn’t care less if it was, though. She was still not looking at him when he put his bag down and pulled out the chair. As much as he wanted to at least say ‘hi’ to her, he decided not to.

The lecturer continued the lesson from where she stopped and the class went on with KyonDae feeling so uncomfortable in her seat.

“Kyaa I missed you so much, lover boy!!” MyungHee yelled as she hugged L.Joe super tightly that the dude could be crumpled like a can. The class had ended and the students went out to the cafeteria for a break. There were only the three of them so that’s why MyungHee could scream as loud as she wanted without having to gain attentions from her other friends. L.Joe laughed at MyungHee’s excitement and patted her back, saying that he missed her too.

MyungHee let go of L.Joe and eyed him from head to toe. L.Joe looked at her questioningly and frowned, as he felt uneasy with MyungHee's stare. What is she doing? “It’s either I’m getting chubbier or you’re the one getting thinner.” She said as she crossed her arms while raising one of her eyebrows.

L.Joe rolled his eyes and shook his head. “Don’t worry, MyungHee. I’m the one getting thinner.” MyungHee smiled back playfully and was about to ask L.Joe so many questions when she noticed that KyonDae already packed her stuff and was ready to go. The sad thing was, KyonDae was sitting between L.Joe and MyungHee so in order for her to get out was to walk behind MyungHee or L.Joe.

MyungHee frowned when she saw that KyonDae was ready to leave so she asked, “Hey, where’re you going?” KyonDae already slung her back on her shoulder and answered awkwardly, “Erm  ... MyungSoo oppa’s place?” MyungHee could sense that something was not right. She did notice that KyonDae wasn’t excited as she was when L.Joe first came to the class and now she wanted to leave first without even saying anything to L.Joe. Didn’t KyonDae miss him as they all did? 

L.Joe quickly grabbed KyonDae’s hand, not allowing her to go while ignoring the girl's glare. He looked at MyungHee who was frowning and said, “Can you go and tell the boys for me that I will be a bit late? I have something that I need to discuss with KyonDae.” MyungHee frowned deeper but nodded her head anyways. She knew now that KyonDae’s weird behavior was connected to L.Joe suddenly entering their class. Knowing that those two needed to talk, MyungHee exited the class and went to the cafeteria as L.Joe asked her to.

Now that there were only the two of them left, KyonDae spoke for the first time while releasing her hand from L.Joe’s grip. “Make it quick.” She sounded more like talking to herself but L.Joe heard her well.

“Why did you run away from me yesterday?” L.Joe asked, gently. To be honest, he was actually quite disappointed yesterday when KyonDae ran away from him but he tried not to make it a big deal. When he thought of it again, it was his fault anyway. He showed up in front of her all of a sudden after so many months without warning. Who wouldn’t be surprised?

KyonDae didn’t answer him and simply lifted a shoulder. She herself didn’t know what to say as to why she ran away. She just felt sad when she saw him but she didn’t know why. The only thing that she could think of at that moment was to run. She wasn’t prepared to see him so unexpectedly in front of her again.

“You’re disappointed in me right?” L.Joe asked again. His eyes hadn’t left hers even though she enjoyed staring at the board more than looking at him. They were just sitting beside each other but they felt so distant. He knew that she was disappointed in him a lot but he just wanted her to say it.

“Maybe. I don’t know.” She answered and asked herself whether she was actually dismayed in him. Why would I be disappointed in him?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter