Chapter 11

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Make sure to keep my distance
Say, "I love you," when you're not listening
How long 'til we call this love?

“KyonDae? Are you up yet? You had better do if you’re not. I have something in my hands that you will be so interested in to see!” EunJung sang from outside KyonDae’s bedroom, with a very wide grin on her face.

KyonDae was still under her blanket and since it was a holiday, she decided to sleep in a little more as she herself had slept somewhere three in the morning, finishing all of her assignments even though they were not due anytime soon.

She groaned a little before burying her face into the pillows and pulled the blankets to cover her whole body. “30 minutes more, mom. KyonDae mumbled in her pillow, causing EunJung to frown from the outside as she could barely hear what she said.

“What? I cannot hear you. You had better wake up, love. I’m sure you’d love to see this!” EunJung exclaimed happily, as she jumped merrily in front of KyonDae’s door. The house cleaners who passed by could not help but to look at their employer with a worried expression. It was so unlike EunJung to act like that early in the morning, even though sometimes she would. They had always known EunJung as someone who was cheerful but also stern and serious at the same time when she had to be.

KyonDae sighed as she realized that her mother would not let her sleep in peace if she did not get out of the bed pronto. KyonDae sat groggily on her bed and rubbed her sleepy eyes, with EunJung’s cheerful voice still can be heard from outside the room. She slipped of her bed and walked towards the door without even bothering to fix her hair, wondering what was it that EunJung was so eager to show her.

The door then opened and EunJung’s smile automatically vanished upon seeing KyonDae’s sluggish state. The other only stared at EunJung blankly, half opening her eyes.

“What time did you sleep last night, young lady?” EunJung asked with one of her hands on her hips as the other was holding something that she wanted to show KyonDae.

KyonDae yawned a little and answered in between her yawning, “Somewhere three. What is it that you wanted to show me, mom? Did L.Joe send you more cookies than usual?” KyonDae’s half-opened eyes scanned her mother’s hands and caught the sight of an extra big Tupperware, bigger than the usual ones that he sent. KyonDae was not sure whether her eyes were cheating her or what but the Tupperware seemed to be bigger though.

EunJung smiled again as she heard KyonDae’s question and beamed at her happily. “Well that’s the case! The Tupperware is not only bigger, but the food inside is different too!” KyonDae only frowned, as she could not understand what her mother just said. Her head was still feeling a little dizzy due to the lack of sleep and to her ears, her mother was talking gibberish.

Noticing the look of blankness on her face, EunJung opened the Tupperware and revealed the contents to KyonDae. KyonDae squint her eyes a little and was awed by what she saw. “Ah ... cupcakes.” It was all that came out from .

EunJung nodded excitedly and added, “And they’re not just cupcakes. They’re cupcakes with different flavors even!” She began to be hyperactive and KyonDae only chuckled at her mother’s reaction.

“Are these really from L.Joe? This is the first time he sent something other than cookies.” KyonDae said doubtfully as she looked at each of the cupcakes and noticed that their shapes were about the same to what happened with the cookies she received. Still she knew it was not the way to find out who sent it though.

“It really is from L.Joe. Do you wonder how do I know? Because L.Joe wrapped them in the same, colored ribbons like the previous ones and ... here is a card for you. I’ve never read any of the cards you received though.” EunJung answered while handing her the cutely made card.

KyonDae took the card from her mother and opened it, expecting to see the same sentences like she always did when L.Joe sent his cookies. Instead, she saw some longer sentences and the messages were completely different from the ones she received before. Only one caught her eyes though, and it softened her as she read.

Do not cry a lot today, okay? If you need me, I am just a phone call away ^^

He remembers. KyonDae thought to herself and a soft sigh escaped from , as she knew why L.Joe told her not to cry that much on that day. Her face fell as she recalled what that day was. That must be the reason why L.Joe gave them cupcakes instead of the usual cookies.

EunJung’s smile faded as well the instant she saw the change of look on KyonDae’s face. She began to feel a little worried. “What’s wrong KyonDae? What does the card say?” She asked, not wanting to look at the words that were on the card, as she knew it must be a private message.

KyonDae looked up to her mother and gave her a sad smile. She shook her head, indicating it was nothing important. “It is nothing. Do not worry mom. Everything’s fine.” She assured. EunJung searched her daughter’s face, trying to figure out what was she hiding from her but then just decided to let the matter pass.

“Oh, okay then. Well, breakfast is ready but you can go back to sleep if you want. I’ll ask the maids to reheat them for you once you’re up.” EunJung said while closing the Tupperware. KyonDae looked at the clock on the wall and felt that her sleepiness had already disappeared. She decided not to continue sleeping anymore, as she needed to go somewhere that day.

“I’ll be down in 15 minutes. Wait for me!” KyonDae said happily and tried to cheer up the suddenly gloomy atmosphere. She did not want to ruin the smile on her mother’s face that she had earlier.

EunJung only nodded her head and told her that she will be waiting downstairs. KyonDae closed the door back once her mother made her way to the stairs. She walked towards her study table and a smile lit up on her face as her eyes trailed to the photo frame on the table. She took the frame and traced SoRa’s picture with her hand. “I’ll be visiting you today, SoRa ah. Wait for me okay?” She whispered as she gave SoRa’s picture a kiss before putting it back on the table. Throwing one last glance on the picture, she made her way towards the bathroom and got ready.

“Are you going to go somewhere after this?” EunJung asked as she was drinking her cup of coffee. She noticed KyonDae’s sling bag was on the chair beside hers and she figured that KyonDae might be going out after their breakfast.

KyonDae was just shoving her last spoon of cereal in as she nodded at her mother’s question. She wiped and quickly drank her apple juice. “I’m going to visit SoRa.” She said once she put her glass down. EunJung only nodded and whispered and ‘oh’.

“Do you want me to go with you?” EunJung asked even though she somehow knew what KyonDae’s answer might be. KyonDae stood up and grabbed her bag while shaking her head politely. “It’s okay. I think I’ll be going on my own.” She kissed EunJung’s cheeks and promised her that she will be back before 3:00pm. Her mother had already made her promised the other day that KyonDae will accompany her shopping later in the evening. EunJung kept claiming that they did not bond with each other much and no matter how much KyonDae beg to differ that they actually spent a lot of time together, she still complied with her mother’s wishes. She knew that if she did not agree to go out with her mother that day, the woman will sulk with her and gave her a cold shoulder.

“Be careful on your way there. It’s cold by the way; make sure you always have your sweater on.” EunJung reminded and KyonDae nodded at her mother’s reminders as she put on her sneakers.

EunJung watched as her daughter slowly disappeared from her sight and a soft sigh escaped from her lips. After she left KyonDae in her room just now, she slowly began to remember what that day was and could only hope that KyonDae can get herself together this time.

KyonDae walked along the familiar pavements towards the cemetery with a bouquet of flowers in her hands. Once she entered the cemetery, a flash of memories soon began to display in front of her as she recalled the events that had happened here. Her legs kept moving but her thoughts drifted back to many months back.

The old memories were following her as she made her way to one particular tomb and she ignored all of it just so she would not cry. Once she stood in front of the familiar grave, the memories vanished.

A smile formed on her face as she slowly placed the flowers onto SoRa’s grave and she sat down on the grass but her smile faded when she saw another bouquet of flowers was already on SoRa’s grave. Who put it here? She thought. It was still early and it was impossible for anyone to come before her. She thought she was the first one to arrive but it looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter