Chapter 1

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright Monday morning and the birds were chirping happily while flying in the sky as soon as the Sun rose. Everyone was still slumbering but unfortunately, in one particular house, someone’s sleep needed to be interrupted as it was that person’s first day in college. A small Hello Kitty clock on a table beside her bed rung once but she turned it off and continued sleeping, ignoring the alarm that was supposed to wake her up.

However, it was not to last when the door of her room was opened and a lady entered with her hands on her hips. The lady shook her head and walked slowly towards her bed and woke her up gently. “KyonDae ah ... wake up.” She shook the said person’s shoulder but all she received was imperceptible mumbling from KyonDae.

“You know, as much as I want to let you sleep, I can’t do that because it’s your first day at college.” The lady named EunJung tried again as she slowly pulled the comforter off KyonDae. KyonDae buried her face in the pillow and her long hair covered her face. “Few more minutes  ....” She mumbled before drifting back to slumber.

EunJung shook her head and exhaled as she sat down beside KyonDae on her bed. “This is what happens when you slept too late last night. Come on now. You had better get out of bed before I finish off your blueberry muffins. Mrs. Jung made them particularly for you.” EunJung laughed at herself mentally for talking to her daughter as if she were a five year old. KyonDae wouldn’t like that but EunJung couldn’t help it. KyonDae was the only one she had now and she was her only child.

Hearing the word blueberry muffins earlier said by her mother, KyonDae’s head jerked up and looked at her mother who was beaming widely at her. “She made blueberry muffins?” KyonDae asked again and EunJung nodded while humming. “Yup and if you don’t get down there pronto, I can promise you they will be all gone. You know how much the boys love her muffins as much as you do right?”

With that, KyonDae jumped out of her bed and rushed into her bathroom. EunJung chuckled seeing her daughter before leaving her room who was easily tempted by muffins especially blueberry muffins baked by their maid, Mrs. Jung. Since the first time KyonDae bit into her blueberry muffins, she couldn’t stop bugging Mrs. Jung to bake it for her every day. Sometimes, there will be wars between her and the Teen Top boys as Mrs. Jung’s muffins hooked them too. How easily Mrs. Jung can get famous thanks to her blueberry muffins.

KyonDae washed and got dressed into simple and comfortable attires before grabbing her bag on her study table, which she packed the night before with books and stationeries. Before walking towards the door, KyonDae didn’t miss a chance to grab her sister’s frame and gave it a peck. “It’s my first day of college, SoRa. Wish me luck!” She said before hugging the frame and put it nicely on the table again. She smiled widely while glancing at it for the last time before exiting her room. 

She skipped the stairs, entered the kitchen, only to realize that she was already quite late, and reprimanded herself for simply switching off the alarm clock that was supposed to wake her up on time. She saw her mother was already sitting at the dining table while helping herself with the breakfast.

KyonDae put her bag down and quickly sat in front of her mother while drinking the milk prepared for her in high speed. She drank the milk in one shot and grabbed the muffin while biting it before standing up again. “I can’t stay with you for breakfast, mother. I’m already late!” KyonDae said while racing towards the front door with her hands holding the muffin and her shoes. EunJung shook her head seeing her daughter who was oddly like that and reminded, “Be careful, love and have a nice day!”

KyonDae put on her sneakers in a flash and ran out of the house only to be greeted by her best friend, MyungHee. MyungHee beamed upon the sight of her and the both of them walked to college hand in hand. KyonDae offered MyungHee some of her muffin and MyungHee took a little bite before giggling over it.

“It’s the first day of college! Are you excited? You’re not a human if you’re not.” MyungHee said while chortling happily at the thought of studying in a college now. KyonDae pushed her lightly and said, “Of course I’m excited! It feels like only yesterday we graduated and now we’re college students. I’m so happy that you’re taking the same course as I am.”

MyungHee nodded in agreement, “Me too. I mean, we’ve been discussing this for a long time already right, not to mention the fact that we both love interior designing. I just hope that you won’t get bored seeing my face every day.” She added playfully.

KyonDae hugged her shoulder and looked at her friend seriously, “Of course I won’t get bored of you. I will never. In fact, I couldn’t imagine how my life would be without you.” MyungHee softened at her words and hugged KyonDae’s shoulder back. After what had happened almost two years ago, MyungHee knew they needed each other always.

Or maybe we could say, KyonDae was the one who needed her always. “That’s so sweet of you. Anyway, mom and dad wished us luck too and as much as I don’t want to tell you this, I think I should. Oppa made a list for us about what we should and shouldn’t do in college. The major things that he mentioned were to stay out of trouble, keep away from boys except for the ones we already know like Teen Top and ... go to his class every day.” KyonDae laughed at MyungHee’s last sentence regarding MyungSoo, MyungHee’s brother. “He forever is the protective type huh.”

MyungHee nodded exasperatingly and said, “I know right? You have no idea how long he lectured me last night about almost everything! Be careful with the teachers especially the male ones, wear nothing too skimpy since we’re free to wear anything now, and never stand too close with foreign boys, he said. Be careful with the hottest girls there and try not to get in their way and stay away from their boyfriends. If I didn’t tell him that I needed to wake up early, he wouldn’t be bothered to leave my room. It would be his pleasure to stay and keep reminding me about how dangerous the world is all night long.” MyungHee sighed as she thought of her protecting brother.

“I’m starting to get worried about you might not be able to get a boyfriend, MyungHee. Considering how worried he is about boys when he himself is one. However, as annoying as he can be, he is still the best brother, isn’t he? He cares about you and that is why he gave you the long lecture and endless advice.” KyonDae reminded and MyungHee scoffed a little. “Unfortunately, my dea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter