Chapter 15

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Between lost and found,
You showed me the difference.
Between safe and sound,
You showed me the distance.
I was sliding, safe but I was hiding out.
I fell but I'm not down.
You showed me the difference.

“I miss hanging out with you!!” MyungHee cheered as loud as she can while one of her hand was clinging onto KyonDae’s. KyonDae laughed at MyungHee’s excitement and only shook her head seeing her cute friend being so happy. Both of them were currently walking along the flea market and having their own date. MyungHee kept whining and whining to KyonDae saying that it had been so long since the last they hung out together, just the two of them.

After begging hard at MyungSoo to give KyonDae one day off, the lad granted it without any second thoughts.

“You’re too busy, you know that? It’s hard to hang out with you like this anymore.” MyungHee pouted and KyonDae hugged her shoulder. “We do hang out every day, don’t we? We meet at college then sometimes at MyungSoo oppa’s place. You even walk me home sometimes. Doesn’t that count as hanging out as well?”

MyungHee shook her head cutely and KyonDae laughed again. “It’s not considered as hanging out when the boys keep on tagging along. Finally I get to spend time with my best friend.” MyungHee pulled KyonDae to an ice cream parlor and bought ice creams for the both of them. They joked with each other while waiting for their ice cream and them while walking along the market. Not really buying anything but just enjoying each other’s company instead.

“KyonDae.” MyungHee said as she looked at KyonDae. The girl who was still her ice cream turned to MyungHee and motioned her to continue. “I’ve heard about L.Joe’s fiancée.” MyungHee said and KyonDae only nodded slowly. She gave MyungHee a smile then and said. “She’s very pretty and friendly too.”

MyungHee frowned a little and asked cautiously, “Aren’t you … jealous?” KyonDae’s eyes widened at her question and stopped at her tracks for a moment before she continued walking, “J-jealous? Of course, I am not. Why ... would I be jealous?” KyonDae asked and tried not to stutter. “I’m happy for him. SaRang is a very nice girl and I’m sure they can take care of each other well.”

MyungHee rolled her eyes and was about to say something back but closed again. This girl is in denial, MyungHee thought. It is understandable because she has never experienced any of this before.

“KyonDae ah, what do you know about love?” MyungHee asked, changing the subject straight away and did not want to linger on the topic about L.Joe’s fiancée. KyonDae squinted her eyes at MyungHee for a while and asked back, “What’s with the sudden question, MyungHee? It just feels a little weird ... for me.”

MyungHee lifted her shoulders and her almost finished ice cream. “Just want to know. We’ve never asked each other about this, right. I simply want to know. People have his or her own different definitions of love, don’t they? I just wanted to know yours.”

KyonDae nodded and thought for a while. Her ice cream was already finished and she wiped her hand while trying to think of her own thoughts about the meaning of love. After a few moments, she smiled to herself and answered. “Love ... for me is ... putting everyone else’s happiness before yours. Willing to do anything for the one we cherish and no matter how hard it is for you, as long as you can see a smile on the person’s face, in the end it is all just worth it.”

MyungHee did not say anything and nodded at her answer. Somehow, her definition fitted well to someone else’s situation even though she knew that KyonDae was actually referring to her love towards her little sister. She had done so many things, sacrificed her teenage life with working instead of having fun like other girls did so that she could support her and SoRa’s lives, bearing with the ill treatments she received from her step family just because of little SoRa. She loved her sister more than anything to make sure she did not go through what KyonDae had.

KyonDae turned to MyungHee who didn’t say a word and asked, “What about you? What do you think love actually means?” MyungHee returned to her senses and smiled awkwardly. “Me? Urm ... for me ... love is beautiful, full of surprises, and sometimes painful. Makes you smile and also makes you cry.” She answered bluntly. She had not thought of her own definition actually and caught off guard when KyonDae suddenly asked her.

KyonDae only nodded at her answer and silently agreed. They spotted a bench as they were walking and rested their legs for a while. They breathed in the air for a while and MyungHee rested her head on KyonDae’s shoulders. KyonDae chuckled and patted her hand. “Are you tired already?” She asked but MyungHee shook her head. “No, I’m not. Just felt like putting my head here for a while.”

KyonDae let her be and looked at the people passing by. Occasionally she would glance at MyungHee to make sure she did not fall asleep or people will start looking at them strangely.

Few minutes later, MyungHee’s phone rang as she received a text message. She quickly sat back properly and checked her phone. Once her eyes scanned the text she received, her cheeks suddenly turned slightly pink and KyonDae could not help but to notice.

“Who is it from? Why are you cheeks pink?” KyonDae asked curiously, as she tried to look at MyungHee’s message. Seeing the name of the sender, KyonDae smiled widely and looked at MyungHee with her rosy cheeks. “Seems like someone is charmed, huh?” KyonDae teased while bumped her shoulders with MyungHee’s.

MyungHee slapped KyonDae’s arm lightly and started to get shy. “Yah ... You’re making me feeling embarrassed now.” MyungHee said and held her heated cheeks. KyonDae laughed at her shy reaction and hugged her friend tightly. “Aigoo. Our MyungHee is a little shy about this. You two are a very cute couple, you know that?”

MyungHee smiled sheepishly as she recalled the day ChangJo confessed to her. KyonDae was not there of course, and so were the other boys. It was a meaningful and a funny moment to her as ChangJo kept stuttering and said something else each time he wanted to say that he liked her. It was very awkward between the two of them after that but ChangJo did a very good job of pushing the awkwardness away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter