Chapter 6

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Cause I'm fearful of heights and you take me higher. 
What came with you was a view to admire. 
I've always been the kind to contemplate, 
But you like the kind that don't hesitate.
Excuse me while I fall for you. 

“KyonDae unnie!” JiEun called once she was out from her classroom with the rest of the students and was walking towards KyonDae at the counter with MyungSoo behind her. KyonDae who was checking the students’ records turned to the little girl who called her and her lips formed a happy smile. She was always happy whenever she was around JiEun.

The girl, out of all the students in the class, was the only one who liked to greet her and be around her most of the time. Not that KyonDae was even bothered and she was just delighted to see JiEun being so friendly to her.

“Hey, pumpkin!  Are you done with your class?” She asked and JiEun nodded. The little girl made her way to one of the chairs in front of the counter. As usual, her father was going to be a little late to pick her up but lately they noticed that her father wouldn’t be that late anymore.

The rest of the students walked out from their classes and waved KyonDae and JiEun goodbye before walking out to go home. The teachers also bid KyonDae and MyungSoo goodbye as they made their way out too.

In just 10 minutes, the classes were empty again and only the three of them were left, as usual. KyonDae shut down the computer and neatened the table before she had a little chat with JiEun. KyonDae was very comfortable to be around JiEun. The little girl may be young as she was already six years old but nothing about her was annoying or irritating. She didn’t demand a lot and was a decent little girl.

Despite her age, she actually looked a bit mature in KyonDae’s eyes. Not to mention the fact that sometimes JiEun reminded KyonDae of her baby sister too.

JiEun was still listening to KyonDae talking to her when her eyes caught the sight of a frame on the counter and she curiously asked, “Unnie, who is that?” KyonDae stopped talking and followed her gaze, even though she already knew what and whom was she referring to. KyonDae smiled a little and met MyungSoo’s eyes who quickly stared at his shoes when he heard JiEun’s question.

KyonDae took the frame and brought it closer for JiEun to see. Smile never faded from her face as she calmly said, “This is my baby sister. Her name is SoRa. She will be a year younger than you, if she were here.” KyonDae quietly warned herself that she must not cry and took a few breaths to calm herself.

“Where is she, unnie? Can I meet SoRa? She’s cute.” JiEun said while smiling widely as she stared at SoRa’s photo. KyonDae’s smile turned into a sad one, just as her heart and she shook her head a little, “Sorry, love. I would love you to meet her too but ... she’s with her mother now. Up in Heaven.” JiEun quickly shifted her gaze to KyonDae and her smile slowly faded from her face.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, unnie.” JiEun apologized and patted KyonDae’s hand, which caused the lass to have to fight with her emotions more. She was reminded more and more of her sister when she was with JiEun. These little things were the ones that made her ache for her sister more. JiEun’s hug, her pat on her shoulder or hand, her wave, all made her ponder her baby sister every day.

“Why are you saying sorry, JiEun? You’ve done nothing wrong.” KyonDae said and the little girl’s head. JiEun smiled a little and placed SoRa’s frame back to its place. MyungSoo who had been watching by came and sit beside the little girl and said, “Where is your appa, JiEun? Do you think he is going to be late again?”

Right before JiEun could answer, someone already did. “Hahaha. Not this time, MyungSoo.” The three of them jumped as they were startled by the sudden appearance of WooHyun at the front door. JiEun jumped off from her chair and ran to her father while MyungSoo was already scowling as he stood. “Hyung, I told you not to scare us like that did I not? Enter like a normal person, will you?” He scolded with arms akimbo. KyonDae laughed at the scene and simply shook her head.

She was somewhat aware of the way WooHyun entered the place now so she wasn’t actually surprised but MyungSoo turned out to be shocked each time. No matter how many times MyungSoo scolded, WooHyun will still enter in his weird kind of ways.

“Fine, fine. I won’t do it again.” WooHyun said while scooping his daughter up and took her bag. He pouted a little at his daughter and whined, “JiEun ah, MyungSoo ahjussi scolded me.” MyungSoo rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. This hyung is so embarrassing.

“Appa ... he didn’t mean it.” JiEun comforted WooHyun while patting his cheeks. MyungSoo leaned at the counter watching the father and daughter and suddenly remembered, “Yah, hyung! Who do you call ahjussi?!” WooHyun looked at him questioningly and asked, “Why? Aren’t you one?”

“But she calls KyonDae ‘unnie’. Shouldn’t she be calling me ‘oppa’?” MyungSoo argued and KyonDae was dazed and a little confused behind the counter as he suddenly mentioned her. Why would MyungSoo want JiEun to call her ‘oppa’ since he was her father’s friend? KyonDae scratched her head a little and said, “Err ... MyungSoo-”

“Why in the world should she call you ‘oppa’? You’re my friend, aren’t you? Not my son.” WooHyun replied and JiEun looked as confused as KyonDae. She looked at KyonDae behind the counter and the elder girl only smiled and shrugged.

MyungSoo was still feeling unsatisfied and scoffed. “Fine. Whatever.” With a teasing smile, WooHyun came closer with JiEun on one of his arms and patted MyungSoo’s head and said something that infuriated him more. “That’s a good boy.” MyungSoo’s eyes widened and he looked at JiEun sadly with the longest pout he can make. “JiEun ~~ look at your appa! Why aren’t you telling him off!”

JiEun shook her head and sighed. From one look it seemed that she was tired of the two’s childish attitudes and the two of them were the kids instead of her. She patted WooHyun’s shoulder and said sternly, “Appa, don’t like that. Pity him. See, he’s upset.” On the other side, KyonDae only watched silently with a smile on her face. She was amazed that JiEun just knew that teasing other people wasn’t really a nice thing to do until that person got upset.

WooHyun laughed at his daughter’s words and nodded while softly pinching her cheeks, “Okay, princess. I’m sorry. I won’t do it again. MyungSoo ah ~~ hyung is sorry okay?” MyungSoo was a little taken aback when he heard what WooHyun called his little girl. His irritation towards WooHyun suddenly was gone and was replaced by a longing instead. It was the nickname that he used to call SoRa back then and he couldn’t lie that JiEun reminded him of SoRa as much as she did KyonDae.

“Oh, it’s okay, hyung. Just take JiEun back carefully now. I’m sure she’s tired.” MyungSoo turned to JiEun and smiled. “Get home safely, JiEun. See you tomorrow okay?” JiEun nodded eagerly, looked at KyonDae, and waved her goodbye as both WooHyun and her went towards the front door before leaving the class.

Muteness came, as MyungSoo stood rooted where he was and KyonDae was sitting quietly on her chair. A smile slowly crept on her face and she said, breaking the silence, “It’s always nice to see JiEun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter