Chapter 18

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I’m awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I’m going to be is incomplete

“I ... I will.” KyonDae answered. Confidence plastered on her face and even though her heart was somehow saying otherwise, she kept telling herself that it was the right answer. No one coerced her to say it. No one influenced her to say it. KyonDae agreed and accepted the proposal on her own free will.

MyungSoo was speechless when he heard her answer as it was not really, what he expected. He thought KyonDae would be saying otherwise as he requested to marry her so suddenly. He searched her face to look for any confusions or denial, but he only saw her confidence look instead.

“Really?” He asked for a confirmation. “You’re not agreeing because it is what both our mothers want and also not because you feel indebted to me right?” Deep down in his heart he somehow had a strange feeling that maybe KyonDae accepted it because of the reasons above. There was one more reason that came to his mind, but he dared not to say it aloud.

He actually hoped that the reason why KyonDae agreed to marry him was that she started to feel what he felt. Even though to be honest, he was not sure about it himself, and the thought of it frightened him a little.

KyonDae shook her head upon MyungSoo’s questions. “I’m not accepting it because of any of the reasons you said. It’s what I want.” She replied confidently. “You’ve been there for me long enough to make me realize that I do need you. I don’t want you to leave me again.” She added with a sincere smile.

MyungSoo returned her smile and whispered. “I promise you that I won’t.”

MyungHee was pacing back and forth inside her room with one hand clutching her phone. A worried frown was visible on her forehead and deep, heavy sighs escaped from from time to time. “Things have been getting worse.” She said to herself. The conversation she had with her family during dinner just now was troubling her so hard. It took most of her patience; to not go to her friend’s house that very night to make sure it was not true.

MyungHee stopped pacing and sat on the edge of her bed, shoulders slumped as another sigh was heard. “Does it really have to be like this?” She questioned again and was aware that there will be no one to answer her.

She stared at her phone before contemplating with herself on whether she should call the person she had in mind or not. He had the right to know, since he started all this nonsense. Maybe by hearing this he would try to make it right again. He will know that what he had been doing was wrong and his plan had been leading them astray.

She quickly searched for the number on her phone, but before she could press the dial button, she stopped herself. “What difference will it make even if I tell him? He wants this. This is what he’s been planning all this while.” MyungHee canceled the thought of calling him as she figured it was off to no use at all.

She threw her phone on her bed and raked her hair with her hand as she recalled the discussion she had with her family just now.

*flashback*

“Mom, dad. I have ... something to tell you.” MyungSoo said as he began to sit straighter and faced his parents with a serious look.

“What is it?” His mother asked, starting to get a little worried with MyungSoo’s tone and the look on his face.

They had all stopped eating for a moment and focused on what MyungSoo was going to say. They knew very well that if MyungSoo had that kind of expression, it meant they had to listen very properly as it was something serious.

“KyonDae and I are going to get married.” He revealed, eyes never left his parents.

MyungHee tried not to gasp aloud when she heard what MyungSoo just said. Her eyes widened and all of a sudden, her body froze. She could not move an inch as she kept listening when MyungSoo continued, “She agrees to marry me and follow me to the States.” MyungHee looked at her brother with an unbelievable look and she pinched her cheeks many times to prove that it was all a lie.

She thought her brother was joking, but by the look in MyungSoo’s eyes, there was no slightest bit of humor. His eyes were deep and sharp, which meant he was serious with what he said.

Unlike MyungHee, Mrs. Kim’s reaction was completely different. She had the widest smile that she had ever put on her face and started squealing at her husband. Happiness and joy was seen from her eyes and without having her say it, all of them at the table already knew that she was totally fine with it.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so happy for you two! I totally have nothing against it. I told you that you two are really meant for each other!! Yeobo ah, aren’t you happy?” Mrs. Kim exclaimed excitedly as she tugged on her husband’s sleeve.

Mr. Kim only nodded at his wife with a smile, happy to see her so gleeful and ecstatic. It had been days since his wife could not stop bugging him about KyonDae and MyungSoo. At first, Mr. Kim was a bit worried that what his wife hoped for will not come true. However, it looked like her prayer was answered as MyungSoo revealed the happy news to all of them.

A small smile crept on MyungSoo’s face too as he saw how happy his mother was. He knew she would be fine with it as she was the one who came up with the idea in the first place with KyonDae’s mother.

“So she will follow you then? She doesn’t mind about it?” Mrs. Kim asked again.

MyungSoo shook his head and still with a smile, he answered, “She doesn’t mind at all. I am just hoping that her mother will be fine with it too. She can continue her studies at the same place I’m in so it isn’t a problem for us.” He explained.

MyungHee was still tight-lipped on her seat as she slowly began to take all the information in. Shock surpassed everything she felt that moment after she learned that not only her friend was going to marry her brother, she will also be leaving to the states as well (most probably). And not to forget

Noticing the sudden mute from MyungHee who was never like that before, Mr. Kim called her and disturbed her thinking, “What do you think about it, MyungHee? Aren’t you excited that your two favorite people are getting married? Look at your mother, she’s already running upstairs to inform KyonDae’s mother about this.”

MyungHee snapped out of her thought and quickly nodded with an awkward smile. “O-of c-course I am.” She said and cursed herself from stuttering. Her mind and her heart were both screaming a different answer but she did not have the heart to say that when she saw just how contented MyungSoo looked. His eyes were sparkling and his radiant smile described enough about the exuberant feeling he had.

It showed her more than enough that he truly loved her too. MyungHee had seen that look before. It was the same look on someone else’s face, who felt the exact same thing as MyungSoo. However, sadly, that person was already too late. MyungSoo already beat him to the chase.

“I’m happy for you, oppa.” MyungHee said sincerely as she placed a hand on his shoulder with a smile. “Truthfully, I really do. I know how much you love her and I’m really happy for you.”

MyungSoo returned her smile and nodded. “I promise I will take good care of her, that you don’t worry. I know too how much you love that friend of yours.”

MyungHee softened at her brother’s words. “I know you will oppa.”

*flashback ends*

“This doesn’t feel right.” MyungHee said as she lay on her back, staring directly at the ceiling. “I am truly happy for him. But I’m feeling guilty that KyonDae doesn’t know about what she really feels in the first place.” She grabbed her phone back and began to turn it around and around. “Maybe she’s no longer feeling that way. Maybe her heart now begins to accept MyungSoo oppa instead of L.Joe.”

She quickly sat on her bed again and rested her chins on her hands. “I really don’t know what to do. I do not think it is a good idea to tell L.Joe. He would do nothing if he knows too, that stupid lover boy.”

She stared at her phone before someone else came to her mind. She quickly dialed that person’s number and waited until the receiver picked up.

“Hello? Hey, it is me. We need to talk. Can you get the other boys as well? Except for L.Joe just leave him alone. Let’s meet up somewhere.”

“Why do you sound like a bad girl all of a sudden? Do you know what time is it right now to meet up?” ChangJo said on the other line.

“There’s no time to talk about that now! Let us meet at Starlight Moonlight Café, the one near my house. My parents surely won’t mind at all.”

“Is it necessary to tell them to come? Then we won’t have the date to ourselves.”

“Who said I’m asking you out on a date?! This.Is.Important !! Tell them to come or I’m breaking up with you.” MyungHee shrieked and lucky enough her parents were still in the living room with MyungSoo and her yelling was far beyond their range of hearing.

“Okay, okay relax. I’ll get the boys to come in ten, okay? Don’t have to sound so scary there, girl.”

“Fine, whatever. See you in ten.” She disconnected the call and got herself ready to meet Teen Top and of course, with the exception of L.Joe.

As promised, they all gathered at the cafe as requested by MyungHee. The girl had arrived exactly in ten minutes and had to wait for the rest of the boys to come since they arrived a little bit later.

All of Teen Top except ChangJo was glaring at MyungHee for making them to come at that hour. In fact, ChangJo was the one who was threatening them with so many things if they refused to do as MyungHee said.

MyungHee ignored the look on their faces and said mockingly, “Don’t look at me like that. It is still early for heaven’s sake. It is not ten o’clock yet. This is not the time yet for you guys to go to bed.”

“Speak for yourself! Some of us sleep early, just so you know.” ChunJi scolded with his sleepy eyes. MyungHee raised her hands in surrender and did not comment anything more. Never argue with sleepy heads if you want to survive the night.

“Just get on with it and let us go back home to sleep. You better make sure we didn’t come here for nothing.” Cap warned sternly.

This did not affect MyungHee at all, his not so scary warning hence, she lifted her shoulders and said nonchalantly, “Well, I’m not sure about that. It depends on how you are reacting towards this news I am going to tell you. Besides, it is the weekends tomorrow. I just thought of wanting to tell you guys about it now.”

Teen Top leaned closer to the table and waited her to continue.

MyungHee took a deep breath before she revealed the news, “KyonDae’s getting married.”

With that said, Teen Top’s eyes widened in surprise and their mouths opened wide as they stared at MyungHee. Those who felt sleepy earlier were sober again and could hardly believe their ears. It was as if they were slapped hard to finally get to be fully awake.

“No way.” Ricky mumbled as a devastating look stamped on his face. The others were likewise. The expressions on their faces clearly showed that this news really broke their hearts.

MyungHee expected to see this from them and she just nodded her head sadly. A heavy sigh escaped from as her shoulders fell. ChangJo reached out and rubbed her shoulder, hoping to comfort her. In turn, MyungHee gave him a grateful smile, which only faded again.

“To your brother, am I right?” Cap asked even though he knew that that was the answer. MyungHee nodded and sighed again as she looked at each of them. His or her feelings were mutual that moment and no one said a word for a while.

“Things are kind of ... getting out of hand right now.” Niel whispered, breaking the silence.

“But we do expect this coming right? I mean ... we all know this would happen. We just didn’t expect it to be this soon.” ChunJi said next.

“Should we tell L.Joe hyung?” Ricky asked as he eyed every one of them. All of them exchanged looks with each other before nodding their heads and shrugged at the same time. Well, there was no point of keeping it from him. In addition, there was no point of telling him either. He would do nothing about it.

“He already knows this will happen in the first place.” ChunJi said. “And yet that thick headed fool still won’t do anything about it for sure even if we tell him. He is too determined. Moreover, that determination of his is driving all of us crazy right now. He loves her but willing to see her marry someone else instead.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter