Chapter 22

Saving Prince Charming (Sequel to Saving Cinderella )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know when the sun forgets to shine
I'll be there to hold you through the night
And we'll be running so fast we can fly tonight
And even when we're miles and miles apart
You're still holding all of my heart
I promise it will never be dark
I know..we're inseparable.

“L.Joe, I’ve finished mine! I want yours!” KyonDae beamed as she yanked L.Joe’s sweater sleeve while scouting in front of him. The said person who was sitting on the grass only shook his head in disbelief upon the girl in front of him before handing her his bubble gun.

L.Joe was just relaxing while enjoying the scenery and at the same time keeping an eye on KyonDae as she kept running around the empty garden with her bubble gun. There were times when he felt like he was babysitting her, as he was the one who brought her there in the first place. He discovered lately that KyonDae could really get crazy whenever she got her hands on bubble guns. The quiet and collected KyonDae disappeared the minute she saw bubble guns and transformed into a playful KyonDae instead.

Right before KyonDae could get her hands on L.Joe’s bubble gun; he pulled his hand and hid the bubble gun behind his back. KyonDae’s face fell but before she could say anything, L.Joe already cut her sentence, “I can give you this bubble gun BUT no more running around. Be a good girl and sit here instead. I will buy you more bubbles next time if you do not run around. Okay?”

KyonDae nodded obediently like a child and from the looks of it, it really looked like L.Joe was sternly talking to his daughter who turned out to be the same age as his.

With narrowed eyes, L.Joe handed KyonDae his bubble gun (which he did not use at all because he knew this would happen) and the girl took it before silently sat beside him as promised. L.Joe laughed and patted her head. “That’s more like it.”

KyonDae sat cross-legged beside L.Joe as he hugged his knees, watching the bubbles shot by KyonDae, which then popped after reaching some distance while some managed to make the journey even further.

“You know, I had no idea that you will get all hyper when you’re with bubble guns.” L.Joe said, glancing between her and the bubbles. “It’s like, a total new side of you that I’ve never seen before. Whenever you’re with bubble guns, it’s like the KyonDae I knew has been abducted by the aliens and is replaced by an imposture instead.”

“Yes, an imposture that likes bubble guns.” KyonDae added and chuckled at the thought. L.Joe nodded before laughing too. “Yeah, kind of like that. I mean, you are all excited and hyped at the sight of bubble guns. Moreover, not to mention you would run around with it. Who knew that the quiet and composed KyonDae would go nuts just with a bubble gun?”

KyonDae stopped shooting the bubbles then and lowered her hand, which was holding the gun on her lap, earning a weird look from L.Joe. Did I say something wrong? Why has she stopped playing?

A small smile then crept on KyonDae’s face as she softly laughed. “Yeah that got me thinking too. To be honest, I do not know why. Maybe it is because I never knew such thing ever existed before. I have never played with things like this when I was a kid. So when I found out that there is such thing as a bubble gun, it sounded interesting to me and that was why I got elated!” She said gleefully before continue playing with her gun.

L.Joe nodded in understanding as he laughed at her cuteness. “Lucky for you that I’m an understanding boyfriend. I don’t mind buying bubble guns for you every day.” He said nonchalantly.   

KyonDae stopped playing immediately and cocked her head to the side as she faced L.Joe. “Boyfriend?” She asked with a very questioning tone that L.Joe could not help but to feel nervous and worried all of a sudden as he quickly looked at her. Only to see her face looking so puzzled.

Why is she asking like that? Isn’t it true? Aren’t our feelings mutual? Oh no did I just make a fool out of myself?

“Y-yeah ...? I mean ... aren’t I?” L.Joe asked back while trying to keep the coolness with an as-a-matter-of-fact tone. The way that KyonDae was looking at him was very making him nervous. Was he the only one who thought that way?

Is this going to be a one-sided love? Why is this happening to me? KyonDae ah! I thought you said you like me! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L.Joe screamed mentally. His outer appearance seemed to be calm but inside his mind, it was a battlefield. His heart was beating so fast that it might burst. Aigoo.

KyonDae’s eyebrows knitted as she asked another question that made L.Joe shivered even though it wasn’t that chilly. “When did I ever agree to have you as my boyfriend? That’s just hearsay as far as I’m concerned.” 

L.Joe caught his breath as he awkwardly scratched his head, which was not itchy at all. “O-oh. I-I thought we have something? Don’t we?” He diverted his eyes away from her; nervous had taken over him, as he could not look at her anymore. His face had turned crimson red and he could not think of any way to make that shade disappear. He happened to be wearing a red shirt as well that day and with his blushing face, he looked no more than a cherry. Lol.

“What something?” KyonDae asked again with a confused voice while trying her best to hide her smile as she looked at L.Joe’s uneasy face. Hihi the look on his face is so priceless!

“W-well, you know ... we ... before ... err ...” L.Joe stumbled upon his words and before he could think of any other words to say in his incomplete sentence, KyonDae shot the bubbles at him while laughing. “It’s okay I got it! You look so funny when you’re nervous and don’t know what to say!”

L.Joe swayed the bubbles away as they popped on his face and cried. “Yah! You’ve been playing around all along?! How can you do that?! Do you know how scared I am?” The shade of red on L.Joe’s face just got darker and darker and it just got more obvious than ever.

KyonDae laughed aloud but still managed to say in midst of her laughter. “Aigoo, you should’ve seen your face. I mean, you were so surprised, worried and nervous. Today is the best day in my life yet!” KyonDae cheered while pumping her fists up in the air. L.Joe tried to give her a glare but then failed as he himself could not help but to smile and laughed along with her.

She really had changed a lot, as he had noticed. From the person that she used to be once, L.Joe really liked the KyonDae he was seeing in front of him right now. The one that was finally able to open up to him more without hesitation, laughed more freely and even managed to troll him sometimes now. She was different from the KyonDae he firstly met and L.Joe felt proud of himself for being the one who caused the changes. Deep down inside, he made a promise to himself to let this new KyonDae stay forever.

“It looks like someone has becoming naughty nowadays huh.” L.Joe said teasingly as he grabbed KyonDae’s bubble gun and shot what was left in it directly at her. KyonDae laughed before quickly got up and ran away from the bubbles as L.Joe continuously shot them while chasing after her. Lucky for them there were not many people there or they would be receiving weird looks from people around.

But who cares what people think about, right? They were not causing a ruckus or any harm to anyone. They were just enjoying themselves and at the same time, being happy with each other’s company.

The chasing game ended when L.Joe stopped running after KyonDae and said that the gun had run out of bubbles. Both of them did not know why they were running in the first place but hey, it was a good exercise and they enjoyed it.

“Is it time to go home?” KyonDae asked like a child once she found herself standing beside L.Joe again who was wiping his hands of the soap that was leaking from the gun. L.Joe chuckled at her question as he said, “No, not yet sweetheart. Oh and in case you’ve forgotten, you’re coming home with me today right?”

KyonDae only nodded her head before looking at her wristwatch. It was still early though. It was not as if she had to be home early or anything that day. Besides, she was going to L.Joe’s house afterwards as L.Joe’s mother had invited both KyonDae and her mother for dinner. And since she had been spending the day with L.Joe, her mother will be going to L.Joe’s house by herself while KyonDae will come with him afterwards.

After keeping away the bubble guns inside his bag, L.Joe grabbed her hand and started walking around the empty and quiet garden. “We still have some time before dinner. Come on; let’s just walk around to kill time.”

The two of them simply strolled around the garden side by side and none of them said a word. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter