Twenty Two

Vindictive People!!

Youngjae was watching Yongguk like a hawk as he set the ingredients on the table in the kitchen. ''Wear the apron'' commanded Youngjae sipping from his cup of mint flavoured tea. Yongguk who was busy placing eggs beside the bowl looked up at him in a bored fashion. ''You talk as if i'll spill anything''.

Youngjae raised a brow at him while he twirled his cup. ''Umhm. Wanna bet on it?'' he asked watching Yongguk place a jug of salt near a bowl. ''That's not sugar by the way. That's salt.'' he added tilting his cup towards the bowl. ''I know.'' scoffed Yongguk, wondering where the sugar was if this was salt.

''I have half a mind to leave.'' sighed Youngjae when Yongguk set a bottle of hot sause on the table next, looking smug with himself. ''I could use the internet if you leave..'' came the haughty reply as Yongguk pointed a rolling pin at Youngjae. '' Oh please. A peasant like you? Anyway..What are you going to use that for?'' asked Youngjae pointing at the rolling pin sarcastically. 

Yongguk twirled it before it slipped out of his hand and dropped to the ground. ''When the time comes I will use it. You got a ing problem NerdJae?'' 

Setting his cup of tea down, Youngjae massaged his temples in an attempt to keep his temper at bay. ''Look. I wouldn't  judge you for not knowing the art of culinary. Just admit it you fool. You know no . You don't need a rolling pin for a cheesecake... Now listen to me and put than ing apron on before I will''. he hissed glaring daggers at Yongguk who did as he was told, repeating the sentence, It's for Daehyun, over and over in his head. 

It was a good thing that he wore an apron because within half an hour, flour and streaks of egg yolk dotted the baby blue apron. Splotches of flour rested on his cheeks and forehead whenever he slapped them when he remembered something he forgot to add too late.

This was his third attempt and he was still as determined as ever. Youngjae didn't have the mind to tell him that perhaps, ordering a cheesecake would not only save his time, but save the lives of many. But the way Yongguk groaned, looking as if he were about to give up, but continued with a fire like no other, tongue poking from the corner of his mouth, managed to soften his hardened heart. How could he say no to this? Plus his phone was in a corner, recording the whole process.

Blackmil material for future purposes.

''Now. Crack three eggs.. No questions asked!!'' he yelled  as Yongguk blinked at him comically. ''Three won't be enough!'' he complained but cracked three in the end. ''Yeah well you saw what happened when you added four last time didn't you, you mutt. Why do i even associate with such imbeciles?Ok..Now add in some yolk..'' said Youngjae as he sat beside the concentrating Yongguk.

''Why? You said just three eggs so why the extra yolk without the white? I added three eggs and it already has yolk... isn't adding the fourth yolk like adding a fourth egg?''questioned Yongguk rapidly. Youngjae rolled his eyes and rubbed his face. A vein on his temple was pulsating rapidly as he gritted his teeth when Yongguk pointed the damned rolling pin at him and continued. ''And so I rest my case NerdJae. Four eggs is the right amount and you don't want to admit--- HEY!'' he yelled as Youngjae stomped on his foot, fire igniting in his eyes.

''Can't you just do as I say?!!! The extra yolk helps to make it more velvety! Urgh!!

''Ohhh. You should have said so earlier'' grinned Yongguk, loving how this whole thing was annoying Youngjae. It never get's old.

''NOOOO!! THAT'S MAYONNAISE!! YOU FILTHY ANIMAL''  screamed the Nerd slapping Yongguk's bicep. ''I know loser! You think I was going to add that in here?!!'' yelled back Yongguk flinging the bottle away,relieved that he didn't add it in because that was his initial plan. 

''Just add the yolk you buffoon!''

''Will anything happen if I put mint leaves in? It'll cool his mouth'' said Yongguk and before Youngjae could scream at him, he had added a fistful of mintleaves his mother buys for her tea and was mincing it in the batter, chuckling at Youngjae's reddening face.

SLAM!!!

Youngjae was practically drooling foam as he dumped the batter in the bin and slammed the bowl back on the table making Yongguk raise both hands up in surrender. He had achieved his goal,he thinks as Youngjae glares at him with wild animalistic eyes. 

''Start. Again..'' snarled the rabid boy.

The evil Youngjae did not faze him. 

************

Finally, by evening, a presentable looking cheesecake was popped in the oven in its silver foil. ''Did you add in the vanilla? You better not have put that mango peel Yonguk or I swear I'll serve you in a jam jar like a pickle'' threatened Youngjae swatting the rolling pin away when Yongguk tried to prod his nose with it.

''Ahh.. Now I see what Jongup sees in you'' he exclaimed tapping the handle of the rolling pin on his cheek thoughtfully. Youngjae choked on his spit and wheezed. ''Talk to me less of that freak and GET THE CHEESECAKE OUT BEFORE IT BURNS!!''

Grumbling Yongguk opened the oven and  finding no mittens, opted to use the discarded apron to pull the final product of his sweat and tears out, gasping and whimpering a string of 'ow ow ow's as he set it on the table. Again Youngjae felt his heart bloom at the thought that behind all that angry armour, Yongguk was just an annoying, childish brat, and was the best choice for that dumb dweeb of a Daehyun. Ah was it healthy that his hardened heart was feeling compassion? Towards Yongguk?

''Good. It smells good too...I'm sure your Daehyun will love it!'' said Youngjae as he patted his shoulder for a job well done. Yongguk grimaced at the words 'your Daehyun' supressing the blush that was threatening to climb up his cheeks. Bang Yongguk does not blush! he said to himself mentally.

''Not that he'd complain even if it . He'll love it because you made it specially for him. So gross. Anyway. I'm off. See you at 7.00 then peasant'' said Youngjae helping himself to a bag of Corntos. With a mock salute directed towards Yongguk, he sauntered towards the door, hanging his jacket over his arm. Yongguk watched his friend's back, wondering whether all his life, Youngjae was this helpful or if there was an ulterior motive? Perhaps he was using Yongguk to get closer to Jongup whom he had a secret crush on? ...Nah. Their love seemed one sided from what he'd heard from Jongup. Nevertheless, he was grateful for a friend like Youngjae and wanted him to know.

''Thanks NerdJae. You were much better than the internet... I guess ''

Youngjae who had the bag of Cornto's between his teeth as he attempted to open the door without getting any grease on it, gaped, the bag dropping from between his teeth when he spun around  and stared at Yongguk. Did he just thank me?

''What?'' asked Yongguk trying to act nonchalant as he busied himself with decorating the cheesecake with a variety of fruits. ''What did you just say?''  asked Youngjae in the same position. Yongguk looked at him his brows furrowing. ''You were much better than --''

''No before that''

'' Before that..? Hmm.... '' His eyes flickered towards the strawberry in his hand as he realized what was going on. ''Nope,I won't say it again''

''SAY IT!!''

''No. Get out!!'' said Yongguk throwing a bannana peel at Youngjae, gesturing towards the door. Youngjae's scowl was back as he rolled his eyes muttering about ungrateful peasants as he exited, not before showing Yongguk the middle finger that is.

*******************

Daehyun watched the pair of flounder fish as they raced each other in the confines of the tank. It was a birthday gift from his aunt. Remember the one that adores him?

With a hum, Daehyun straightened up wondering if he'd be getting a special lunch because it's not everyday one turned 20. But knowing his mum and how thrifty she is, he realized that the party in the evening would be her excuse of money not growing on trees.

His gaze then naturally set on the Bang's abode and he wondered what Yongguk would be getting for him. Not that it really mattered, but he was his best friend... or so he thinks as he sprints outside, twirling around his mother who was carrying a cup of coffee as she spoke on the phone.

''Daehyun you bad boy!!!'' she reprimands him as if he were a dog as she sighs at the coffee now staining the carpet. 

But Daehyun was struggling, heaving and panting as he climbed onto the wall separating the two houses and gasped in delight at the sight of Yongguk's car parked there. With a final grunt he jumped over the wall and bounded towards the door.

Whistling under his breath he entered the quiet house, assured of Yongguk's presence by the messy jacket and socks lying on the sofa before the television.

''Well. He must be in his room!''

As he was passing the kitchen, he heard a string of soft snores, making him retract his steps and peep into it. ''Oh..'' frowned Daehyun walking in, to be met by the sight of a messy table with flour scattered it, and a couple of fruits. A dirty bowl lay on its side, rolling backwards and forwards, bumping onto a rolling pin.

The main attraction was Yongguk, sleeping dead to the world, cheek planted on the floury surface, mouth slightly agape, puffs of breath making the bangs over his eyes move up before falling back into place. He mumbled something in his sleep and shifted, cheek smearing onto more flour in the process.

Daehyun found himself cooeing at the sight, a flood of warmth spreading through his body, confusing him. But not for long. 

''YONGGUK!'' he screamed charging at the sleeping boy who grunted in response, right eye cracking open blearily. He was met with a blurry image of something coming towards him which he shrugged off. Too bad, because in the next minute he almost toppled to the side when Daehyun collided with him, laughing obnoxiously as he stepped on Yonnguk's thigh, using it as leverage to sit on the table facing Yongguk, legs dangling, a wide smile on his face.

''The Jung!!???'' exclaimed Yongguk still in a state of shock, the muddy stain on his jeans going unnoticed as he glared up at Daehyun who shrugged and leaned back on his arms. ''Watchu doing in the kitchen son?'' he asked instead laughing at Yongguk's flour stained cheeks. ''Wait...Were you cooking?'' he asked straightening up and looking at Yongguk in amazement. Yongguk stiffened, trying not to let his face show the embarassment that he was feeling at the moment because here he was, baking, when he clearly remembered never to to anything with cooking from the time he was a kid. Damn this fatass was making him break his own principles... 

''Huh? Huh?!! Were you baking?!! This looks like the ingredients for a cake!! WERE YOU BAKING A CAKE?!!! OH MY GOD THIS IS A REVOLUTION!!!'' he shrieked clutching his cheeks eyes like stars.

''What??!! You're a dumb . I don't cook okay. This was my mum's doing'' Yongguk scoffed, eyes not meeting Daehyun's as he leaned back on his chair, arms crossed in denial. ''Ummhmm... And Mrs Bang made all this mess..'' Daehyun asked sarcastically. Yongguk shrugged muttering a ''Ladies tend to make a mess when they get excited..'' He had to fight to keep his eyes from looking forward because if he did, he would be met with a clear view of Daehyun's crotch.. And that would be very unhelpful to his crotch. And the loose shirt he was wearing revealing his smooth skin and collarbones was not helping at all. It was making Yongguk want to leave butterfly kisses all over his neck and collarbones. Was the fatass enticing him on purpose?! Cause if he was, his plan was working perfectly.

''Don't you have a party to prepare for?'' he asked to keep his mind off erted thoughts. He swore he heard the evil Yongguk snicker in his head. 

''Yeah. I am so excited. It's gonna be fun. There's just a few people. Just you, me,Jongup, Zelo Youngjae and Himchan.''

The warmth spreading through Yongguk abruptly died at the mention of the last name. Him. Of course he would be there. The fatass is so stupid he doesn't know that that fool has ulterior motives. It's obvious that he's a filthy ert who only wants to use Daehyun's innocence the bastard. If I can, I would break him limb by limb. 

'' Wouldn't it be fun? Himchan is so cool! He's really funny too! And he bought me that pasty i wanted for so long! Last time we went to the arcade and he---'' Daehyun stoppped noting the way Yongguk's breathing fastened.

''Umm. Are you alright?'' he asked, concerned at the sight of Yongguk now clutching onto the edge of the chair so tight that his knuckles were turning white. Daehyun felt his smile falter and completely disappear when Yongguk looked at him with so much anger that it had him leaning back with a flinch. 

''Why are you inviting him?!!'' Yongguk growled shooting up and trapping the bewildered boy with his arms on either side of him. '' What the ! Are you blind?!!''

''Yongguk... It's just a party--''

''Oh it all. Here I am trying so hard and --- ''

A long awkward silence settled over them.

Yongguk's mouth was wide open, like his eyes, as he realized what he had just said. A light pink fanned over his cheeks as he stared into Daehyun's confused eyes.

''Ah you blew you cover.'' clapped the evil Yongguk gleefully in his mind as the pure one sent him words of comfort. 

he's gonna leave.. his brows are furrowing. Oh he's frowning. he's looking at me.. Oh my god he's raising his hand!! He is gonna slap the out of---

Yongguk was driven out of his mental breakdown. Instead his already gaping mouth shut, though his eyes grew larger. Because Daehyun was gently wiping the flour off his cheeks with lithe fingers. Yongguk exhaled deeply when the hand kept caressing his cheek, and he was sure the flour was long gone. His head and heart were beating in synch when Daehyun's brown orbs flickered up to his waveringly. 

Is it possible that Daehyun ... likes me back?

Yongguk's eyes were now trained on the plump pink lips that seemed to be calling out to him. Maybe...

Slowly, he leaned down catching the way Daehyun's breath hitched and his right hand landed on Yongguk's bicep, the left moving from the now flour free cheek to cup his jaw. Their noses bumped as the distance between their lips decreased slowly. 

Just as their lips were about to meet, the sound of Mrs Bang's car pulling up on the driveway made the two boys jump apart, cheeks flushed a deep red.They stood there silently, not daring to look at the other, till Daehyun realized that if anything, he had to leave seeing this was not his house. 

''I.... uh.. go.. i should..'' Daehyun muttered incoherently as he jumped off the table and ran off, dusting his pants as he passed a surprised Mrs Bang on the way, too absorbed in what happened to even notice her. 

Yongguk on the other hand, dropped onto the chair, mouth agape because Daehyun's reaction was not what he expected, it made him realize that maybe.. perhaps...

''You better clean all that'' Mrs Bang said warningly as she passes him and went over to the fridge. But Yongguk remained shell shocked, her words falling on deaf ears.

**************

''So you think this Daehyun will accept you?'' asked a blonde haired guy as he eyed Himchan sitting before him at a café.

Himchan nodded in a 'obviously' way. ''I think he likes me back.I mean, after i give him these, of course he would'' he said gesturing at the five boxes of cheesecake he had bought. '' All five are different in flavour and I got them shaped like elephants. They're suposed to be the best and he was eyeing them the last time we came here.''

''That doesn't really--''

''Ah shush. Daehyun likes me. I like him. I bought him his favourite food and I'm sure that after I give him these, and ask him out, he won't say no. Plus I'm gonna get him some more stuff anyway. He likes elephants for some reason. I was planning on buying him some plushies and whatnot '' the black haired male says, waving his hand in a dismissive manner. ''Perhaps a keychain. I'll give him just about anything once we start going out.'' he sighed dreamily.

His friend rolled his eyes cursing filthy rich kids who had nothing to do with their money. And he still remembers how Himchan made a huge fuss about not buying him a cheap shirt.

 ''Well, if you really like him then go for it.'' he sighed and Himchan nodded winking greasily. ''But that Yongguk dude.'' began his friend hesitantly.

The smile dropped off Himchan's face instantly at the mention of his potential rival's name. ''What of him?'' he asked sharply, glaring at his friend as he were the reason for Yongguk's existence.

''If he likes Daehyun too, don't you think he has a better chance, cause they were childhood bestfriends and all? I mean they still are bestfriends. Right?''

Himchan placed his cup of coffee and propped his chin on his palm. ''Their feelings are pretty platonic. I mean, i think Yongguk likes him, but I've never seen Daehyun show any interest in him. And i'm nicer to him than Yongguk.. Look I genuinely like Daehyun.. So I'm gonna try my luck'' he smiles clinking his cup with his friend, full of confidence.

*******************

Yongguk sat on his bed, fingers intertwined as he thought things over in his head. With a sigh he peeped out of his window at the Jung's and couldn't help smiling at the sight of Youngjae entering and screaming immediately when he saw Jongup, who upon seeing the nerd, dropped his cup and ran towards him. 

Like Daehyun said it was a small party and the guests were all lingering out in the garden. He chuckled as Daehyun's famous aunt bustled into the house and screamed, probably seing Daehyun and wished that the boy would come out because he just wanted to see him.

''Ok that's just gross..'' the evil Yongguk pretended to barf as he appeared on Yongguk's knee in nothing but boxers. ''What?'' Yongguk muttered tracing patterns on his sheets absentmindedly. '' I don't get it. It's obvious that he likes you back. Why not ask him?'' asked the pure one appearing in a white dress shirt and blue jeans.

He threw some black clothes at the evil one sending him a glare that clearly stated 'Wear them or i shall pour Holy water down your throat.' Rolling his eyes, the evil one pulled on his jeans but threw away the shirt. ''What? Checking out my guns and washboard abs? You know you don't have to ask if you wanna touch'' he purred as the pure one shuddered and shifted his attention back to Yongguk who clicked his tongue.''I know.. Wait.. No i don't. That may have been a momentary thing ya know? And its weird.. I've known him since I was like 9 or something..''

''Eight'' corrected the pure one with a nod.

Yongguk groaned falling back onto his bed. ''Why the is this so hard. It's all that Himchan s fault.''

''I know. Show him who's the ing boss. Kick him in the balls and make his shrivel. Vinegar would do the job nicely'' said the evil Yongguk sinisterly. Yongguk seemed to like the idea as he sat up thoughtfully but, ''Shut up. There need not be violence. I'm sure-- No. I know that Daehyun would prefer you over him..'' assured the pure one kindly,smacking the evil one who was trying to give him a back hug.

''Anyway.. I need to go back because i must train the new recruits. You have a lot of erted thoughts in your mind.'' the pure one continued glaring at Yongguk who gave him a bored look. ''Goodluck. And don't worry. He'll love your gift. '' he added with a smile and disappeared with a pop.

''Yeah. He'll like you better when you get in his pants and show him that you're a monster in bed.. I am, so I'm sure you are too. I'm off to disrupt the special recruit training. Damn I put so much effort to make them dirty and that goes to ruin all the fun'' he complained disappearing soon after. 

With a sigh Yongguk decided to make a move seeing that it was alread 8.15 pm and if he wanted to clear things up with Daehyun he better do it fast. Pulling on a red hoodie he stopped by his worktable and opened the first drawer. There sat Daehyun's gift, one he has been working on for days.

Two elephants stood on a flat plank, headbutting each other. At a glance they seemed to be furious as if about to kill the other, but it had made Yonnguk smirk when he subtly added an air of playfulness to the carving by making the angrier elephant curl its trunk around the others trunk, almost tenderly. It was a simple piece of art but he knew Daehyun would appreciate it, seeing he was always beeging Yongguk for a carving. 

And thus, principle number two was broken the moment Yongguk decided to carve for Daehyun.

Placing it in a small colourful box, Yonnguk  left the house, one hand holding the box with the carving, the other holding the cheesecake.

The house seemed to be in chaos he noted before entering hesitantly.

**************************

''I SWEAR I WILL KILL YOU!!!'' hollered Youngjae as he struggled against the vice like grip Jongup had on his arms in an attempt to haul him closer. ''Oooohh i'll love that! I knew we were meant to be! See how fate made us meet! You can't get away from me!!'' Jongup sang, stumbling in his robes as Youngjae screamed for help but some old Uncle of Daehyun's had set up a DJ stand that was blasting music.

Daehyun was laughing as Zelo began to dance and joined him. Himchan followed suit and the relatives who were glaring at Uncle DJ critically began to get groovy too.

''Come on Finger Pickles! Accept your fate, accept me. I have set up my house in what I believe is the normal way so that you can live comfortably with me. I even bought a smaller bed.'' Jongup smiled eerily as Youngjae threw his head back screaming. ''You're such a screamer my love. I can't wait to see how loud you'll get when I make love to you'' he chuckled darkly. How could such an innocent face that looked like it was speaking of puppies and kittens be speaking so sinisterly in reality?!!

Yongguk entered to be met by the sight of Youngjae kneeing Jongup between the legs to no avail because of the thick layers of clothing the other was wearing. 

''Oh sweetheart. I've never felt thus towards anyone.It makes me want to make a new creation..''

Youngjae stopped struggling to glare at Jongup suspiciously. ''Like what?'' he asked carefully. ''Something like dried toes with a dash of whipped cream and cat noses...''

''WHAT THE !!!?? EWW!! WHAT ARE YOU?!!!!'' bellowed Youngjae attempting yet another escape but Jongup only grinned, eyes crinkling. ''Your mate.'' he whispered.

''....EWWWWW!!! WHO EVEN USES THAT TERM ON HUMANS!!! EWW!!! THAT'S FOR ANIMALS!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!"

''So what? Are we not animals in heat?? Do you not want us to unite in more ways than one?''

Yongguk grimaced and proceeded to leave the disgusting scene, heading towards the living room where the party was rocking. As he entered the Uncle DJ stopped playing the music and everyone screamed and threw insults at him as he hobbled over to the mike and coughed a couple of times. 

''I have something to say'' he wheezed. ''NOBODY CARES!!!'' screamed his wife from the crowd.

''Actually that young man has something to say..'' said Uncle DJ, pointing a bony finger to the middle of the crowd. The crowd parted and Yongguk's jaw clenched at the sight of Himchan and Daehyun in the middle of the circle now made around them. 

''Uhhh.... I have nothing to say...?'' Daehyun said scratching his nape and Yongguk almost smiled at how confused he looked. 

''I do.''

All eyes turned to Himchan who smiled and took Daehyun's hand in his. ''I just wanted to confess to you.''

Cue Yongguk's heart to thunk into the pit of his stomach.

''Huh?'' Daehyun muttered eyes flickering around nervously at the sudden statement. ''Yeah. I've been kinda.. No wait. I've been crushing on you for a while now. I really like you. And i even bought you like 5 boxes of cheesecake and look. I know you like elephants..'' he said pointing to the sofa where he had planted four large elephant plushies of different sizes around the 5 boxes of cheesecake. A beautiful boquet of a variety of flowers was leaning on one elephant.

Himchan smiled as Daehyun's eyes shone at the sight of two of his favourite things in one place. ''And here'' he said pulling out what looked like bracelet. It twinkled in the dim lights and Daehyun stepped back in shock as Himchan secured it around his wrist. ''I bought all these from the best places because you deserve nothing less than the best---''

Yongguk tuned out the rest of the heartfelt confession and glanced at his own cheesecake and the small box with his carvings. They were nothing compared to those expensive looking gifts. Heck, the wood for his carving was from a fallen branch from his favourite tree.

''Dude.. They value more than that '' said evil Yongguk in his head but he shut everything out taking in the way Daehyun gasped and shakily pulled Himchan in for a hug, and began to whisper something into Himchan's ear.

He smiled wryly as the two boxes he was holding felt heavier in his hands. Quietly he placed them on the refreshment table and exited the house as loud cheers erupted from within.

That's probably him accepting Himchan

With a mirthless laugh Yongguk began walking down the quiet, empty streets, drawing his hood up and stashing his clenched fists into his pockets, willing away the tears threatening to spill over the brims of his eyes, because why cry when Daehyun's happy right?

In the Jung's house, Daehyun scanned the crowd, biting his lip, searching for one person.

''Daehyun! Let's cut the cake now'' Mrs Jung sighed for the upteenth time. ''But Yongguk's not here..'' frowned Daehyun when he failed to notice the tall grumpy boy.

But Yongguk was far gone. The air was growing chillier but he only sighed watching the puff of breath disappear before his eyes. I guess I'll have to pretend that I don't care. I don't need Daehyun.. he thought bitterly, ignoring his emotions that were contradicting his thoughts.

But the hardest thing in life is pretending that you don't need someone when you need them the most.

********************

A/N : Oh yeah... bwahahahaha!!!! Team HimDae anyone?!! We could do that and get Yongguk to fall for Zelo instead!! So who's with me?!!! Lol joking! We cant go through 22 chapters and end it like that!!

Thanks for staying subscribed guys! And hello new subscribers and thank you Gubbibub and syaf_AKTF for upvoting! Much appreciated! :)

 2 more chapters to go! I really miss B.A.P... I honestly hope they make a comeback. and take the charts by storm and get what they deserve.. :(

Please comment!!!