Eleven.

Vindictive People!!

Finally, it was the weekend. And what does that mean? Sleep. And homework. Lots of homework. Daehyun regretted getting up early when he was a kid. Who knew he had to do so much homework and sleep so little in the future? 

Right now, he was snoring happily, a leg dangling over the mattress, mouth wide open. It was 9.30 a.m and Mrs Jung opened the door and peeped in, raising a brow at the grotesque sight. She tiptoed into the room and stuck a post-it onto his bathroom door that read : Out visiting Aunt Kim. Might get late. Are you sure you don't want to come? I'll make sure she doesn't try to hit you with the broom, accusing you of being a stranger. But that's 'cause she has dementia! Okey then! Peace out!'

She left after that and Daehyun woke up at 1.00 in the afternoon. That was because he saw a nightmare where Youngjae turned into a giant seahorse with gnashing teeth and Daehyun was a flounder fish trying to get away.

"Oh gosh! My gosh! That was awful cause he almost ate me!" he gasped blinking rapidly and trying to clear his mind from the horrible images. After his heartbeat steadied, he slipped out of his bed yawning and ruffling his hair. "Hmmm... What to do today except homework?" he mumbled grabbing his towel and trudging to the bathroom where he spotted his mother's note. Daehyun chuckled at the disfigured skull and crossbones she had drawn.

"Heh. Aunt Kim doesn't have demenetia, she just acts like that to fool everyone. She hates me cause i annoy her. " sniffed Daehyun as he yawned and entered the bathroom.

*****************

" Then after Lisa found out that her sister was pregnant, she had tried to kill her! Imagine that! But her husband had stopped her! thank god!" cried Youngjae wringing his hands in exasperation, eyes widening. 

" Oh."

" OH??!! Is that all you have to say??" yelled Youngjae glaring at Daehyun who was bobbing to the loud music some kid was playing from a radio in the park. Soon he was up on his feet, twirling and laughing to himself.

" SIT DOWN IDIOT!" cried Youngjae looking around as kids pointed and laughed at Daehyun, who was enjoying himself thoroughly, oblivious to all the attention he was getting.  Sighing and rubbing his face, Youngjae grabbed Daehyun and led him away from the park.

" Let's go to the library. We can read and educate ourselves!" said Youngjae brightly and Daehyun whined. " No! Lets go to the food courts!" he said.

" What?! No---"

The two were bickering, not noticing the tall figure standing before them, till it was right in front of them.

" ... And do you know what will happen if you eat all that oily food? Except cholesterole?" demanded Youngjae and Daehyun shrugged adjusting the mask on his face. He wore it outside his house at all times. 

" I will be kidnapped and killed." he replied. The two stopped as the figure showed them the peace sign.

" Zelo! You've grown taller!" shrieked Youngjae angrily. He had a bet with the other, concerning their heights. 

" Zelo Zelo marshmellow, puky yellow, tall fellow!" sang Daehyun absent mindedly as he eyed the candy floss guy's cart.

" You guys wanna hang out with me?" asked Zelo who was also bored. 

" No." said Youngjae dragging Daehyun who was shaking his empty purse in the hopes of finding a coin to buy some candy floss, away from a forlorn Zelo who shrugged.

" Ah well. OK see you around!" he said with a wave.

" Zelo Zelo, mighty bellow,-----"

" SHUT UP!" snapped Youngjae smacking Daehyun's arm 

***************

Daehyun was satisfied with the day. Mrs Jung wasn't home yet and he checked the time.

7.00 pm. "Gotta get dinner started" he said removing his mask and stuffing it in his pocket.

"Wonder where dad is." he thought suddenly remembering his father's existence for the first time that day. He dialled his dad who sounded distracted.

" What? No i'll eat from out. Yeah got a lot to do. ALL THIS FOR YOU TWO WHO DON'T APPRECIATE ME!" he complained and Daehyun bit his lip trying to hold in his laughter.

" Nah. I wasn't gonna cook for you anyway dad!" he guffawed and cut the line hearing his father gasp in indignation.

Soon he was happily cooking something for himself, singing.

After dinner he was getting ready for bed when Mrs Jung arrived, parking her car and hopping out, talking on her phone. Daehyun bounded down to greet her.

".... Yeah!!! That's just great!" cheered Mrs Jung hugging Daehyun and walking to the kitchen with him.

"What did you bring me?" asked Daehyun trying to pull the grey bag from Mrs Jung's hands. She nodded laughing into the phone while pulling the bag.

''Uh huh? Yes yes! Very good!" she cried letting go of the bag and Daehyun screamed as he fell backwards onto his .

'Oooh. Snacks!' thought Daehyun eyes glinting as he tore open a bag of Mr Potato and stuffed a handful of potato chips into his mouth, eyes crinkling in joy.

"Ok bye" laughed Mrs Jung looking down at  Daehyun and trying to grab the bag of crisps from him, but Daehyun scooted away. " Mine" he cried in indignation, frowning  at his mother.

She grinned, eyes glinting and rolled her sleeves ready to pounce on her son, till her mobile phone rang again. Sighing she picked it up and walked outside.

'Ooooh. All alone with you' thought Daehyun rubbing his hands and pulling out another bag of crisps.

" WHAT!!!!!? THAT'S JUST GREAT!!!!" screamed his mother and Daehyun dropped his bag of crisps in shock.

Muttering and shaking his head at her behaviour, he picked it up again, ignoring the excited laughter coming from outside as he tried to concentrate on the salty, spicy goodness in his mouth.

He stood up but dropped his bag of crips again as Mrs Jung whirled in, her face red with excitement as she hugged Daehyun, spinning him around.

" Mum? Is Aunt Kim rubbing off on you?" asked Daehyun gasping and staggering to the couch and falling on it dramatically.

" Guess what Daehyun?!" whispered Mrs Jung eyes twinkling.

Daehyun looked up from the couch. " I'm awesome? You want to be me? You want me to take my driving test again..? For the fourth time?" he asked. Mrs Jung laughed, shaking her head.

" Nope. The Bangs. Are coming back!" she whispered excitedly.

*Silence*

Daehyun blinked at her thrice. 

"...... Come again?" he asked cupping a hand behind his ear. 

" THE BANGS ARE COMING BACK!!" screamed Mrs Jung cupping her hands round .

Daehyun shot up like a bullet,and ran to his mum.

" WHAT!!!?" he yelled eyes widening in pure shock.

" Yep!! Isn't this great?" she asked going up to her room.

" NO IT ISN'T!!! Mum! Send me abroad! Kill me! You're joking..." he said looking up at her. She laughed again. " You wait and see! They'll be here tomorrow!" she said disappearing out of his sight. 

" Oh.." said Daehyun snatching an apple off the bag on the table and taking a bite. He stopped.

'Wait....... What did she say?'

" TOMORROW??!!!!" he screamed spewing the fruit out.

************

That night Daehyun couldn't sleep a wink. He struggled and buried his face into his pillow.

' The Bangs are coming. Yongguk was coming!!! NO!! How can I face him after 5 years!!! He hates me!! He's gonna kill me!! ' he thought his guts tangling tightly together. Kicking his covers off, he walked around the room tentatively,

"Why is he coming back? No no! He can't kill me! If he does, he'll go to jail.. And i can haunt him." smiled Daehyun but slapped himself.

"This is no joke! I publicly humiliated him and he's gonna get revenge!" he thought with a chill. It was 2.00 am and he knew he won't be sleeping tonight. He walked to his window and peeped out at Yongguk's house.

It was dark as ever and had no sign that anyone will be occupying it once again and Daehyun's anxiety reduced and he was able to calm down his jittery nerves.

" Mum was probably joking.. Why would he come back again anyway?" he reasoned going back to his bed and smiling a little as his logical part of the brain told him that his mum was trying to scare him cause he ate snacks at ungodly hours. Laughing he sighed and snuggled into his covers falling asleep.

**********************

The next day dawned bright and sunny and Daehyun's fears were confirmed, when the moving people began to bring in furniture into the Bang's house. Daehyun watched through his binoculars as four men swore as they bumped into the door with a table. 

" Maybe it's only Mrs Bang!" he said but deep down, his conscience shook its head and facepalmed. He was depressed and needed to be cheered up.

He called Youngjae. 

" What?" he snapped. 

" My fears are coming true " wailed Daehyun

" Shut up! Why do you sound like you're in the depths of depression? Wait. Don't tell me. I don't care!" said Youngjae as Daehyun howled.

" The Bangs are coming back!" whimpered Daehyun. Youngjae was silent for a while.

" Oh yeah. Mrs Bang called my mum to let her know. Today right?"

" Yesss..." hissed Daehyun trembling

"I know I don't want my rival back either so now we're in a similar situation.But it's good for you! Now you can apologize! Grab your opportunity Daehyun!" said Youngjae and Daehyun choked.

" I'm going to go abroad" he said blowing his nose.

" I ain't funding!" snapped Youngjae cutting the line.

*****************

It was 4.00 in the evening and Daehyun was sitting on his bed brooding.

'I lived happily for so long... Now it will be the end'

Mrs Jung entered with a glass of juice. " Daehyun. You don't have to meet Yongguk if you don't want to. I understand. You can go over once they're settled down. And think about it. You can amend things now! You got a second chance and that's rare. Drink up." she said patting his shoulder before leaving.

The Youngjae dropped in and punched Daehyun's stomach as he lay lifelessly on his bed, arm over his eyes.

" Go away " whispered Daehyun curling up.

" Stop being a sore thumb and go face him!" snapped Youngjae and Daehyun looked at him. " You wouldn't say that if you were me."

" I will. Cause I'm not you and thank god for that! Now goodbye. I shall take my leave." said the nerd.

Daehyun frowned. " You came to tell me that?" he asked suspiciously.

" Nope. To give you this.. " said Youngjae throwing a book at Daehyun who tried to catch it, but failed and it hit his forehead and fell onto his lap. It was an educational book.

" YOU YOUNGJAE!" screamed Daehyun staring at a picture of Charles Darwin and Shakespeare doing the bro shake with the title, 'Science vs Shakespeare'

******************

7.00 pm and Daehyun was pacing around his room, biting his nails, and glancing out his window once in a while.

The Bang's house which was now illuminated by lights seemed to be teasing him. 

" Ok. No worries. I'll stay out of his way, he'll stay out of mine. I'll just go see him and say hi.. Wonder what he looks like. Probably scrawny and tall. With that bored face and lame  gadgets... Ha..I have a feeling that he's plump. With piggy eyes. Hmm. Just a gut feeling. And usually my gut feelings are right! I think I look better now. He cannot compare with my awesomeness..." grinned Daehyun looking at himself in the mirror. 

His heart pumped faster in fear and he hurried to his window and peeped out. Nothing yet. 

" I should look for my passport !" he thought hurrying to his cupboard and rummaging around it. Then he stopped.

" Oh wait. I don't have one.." he realized as this too added to the list of things he didn't have. Like a mobile phone.

So he began making plans in his head to get a fake one done by tomorrow. Youngjae was the best man for that..

He went back to his window and drew the curtains and began watching. 

Daehyun stared till well past 8.00 p.m and finally it came.

An all to familiar car pulled up into the driveway and stopped. Daehyun gulped and watched as the door opened and Mrs Bang stepped out, looking a bit older, but happy.

She breathed in a mouthful of air and looked around with bright eyes taking in the familiar surroundings. There was a shout and soon, Mrs Bang and Mrs Jung were hugging and chatting like there was no tomorrow.

Daehyun's eyes were fixed on the car waiting for the fatality.

It never came.

He pulled out his binoculars and  peeped through it, looking into the car.

Empty.

" I was right after all..." sighed Daehyun finally inhaling freely. " He's probably doing his higher studies back there " he said laughing weakly as he pulled his curtains across the window and switched off his lights to get some well deserved rest, feeling triumphant and at ease.

Soon he was falling into a deep dreamless sleep.

If only Daehyun had stayed at his window for about 20 more minutes, he would have witnessed a sleek black car parking behind Mrs Bang's car. It sat there for a good 10 minutes

Finally a  tall hooded figure climbed out of the car and looked around himself, slowly drinking in every little change. Hearing loud voices, he walked to them

" Yongguk!" cried Mrs Jung giving the said boy a hug. " Wow.Look at you! So...big!" she said holding him at arms length. Yongguk gave her a small smile.

" Hey Mrs Jung." he said quietly. 

After all the familiaralities were done, Yongguk walked up his driveway, hands in pockets.

He stopped by his tree, ran his fingers along the bark of it, a sense of pride building up in him at its growth. He rested his palm on the cool wood as if listening to a long forgotten heartbeat. The tree swayed gently in the wind, caressing him and he closed his eyes enjoying the quiet welcome it seemed to be giving him.

As he made his way to his house he found his feet stopping suddenly, and he looked up at the open window where the curtains were ballooning out gently. 

He stared at it for a while, deep in thought, then walked into his house, smiling slightly at the familiar furniture and scent it carried .

" It's great isn't it! I'm so glad to be back!" said Mrs Bang shutting the door behind her.

Yongguk walked to his room and opened the door. It was exactly like the last time he was in it. He sighed and sunk into his familiar bed tiredly, stretching.

Yep.

The Bangs were back.

*************

*Drumroll* So? What are your thoughts? They. Are. Back! 

This was the second update in one week! Ahh.. I feel... Good..

*sigh* Well, if yu guys don't want a fat acne Dehyun,what about a Daehyun with a permanent dandruff disease? ;) :D 

Btw, the mask he wears is his own. Not Yongguk's!

Thank you for subscribing, upvoting and commenting!

Make sure to leave a comment! :D