Ten

Vindictive People!!

" My daffodils are growing just fine! You stay away from them!" cried Mrs Jung pushing away her husband who was trying to cut them with his garden shears.

" But, they're in my way!" complained Mr Jung frowning and looking at his car, that was sitting beyond the bed of yellow flowers swaying gently in the wind. 

Mrs Jung gasped in a mixture of shock and disbelief. 

" Just walk around it!" she snapped pulling away the shears and throwing it somewhere. "Hey! That cost a lot woman!" he yelled but hurried around the daffodil bed and hopped into his car as Mrs Jung raised the hose casually and turned it on.

" See you for dinner dearie!" she chirped cheerfully, waving as her husband scowled at her and drove off to work.

" Ah. What a great day!" sighed Mrs Jung humming as she turned the spray of water to a lesser pressure and turned it towards her beloved daffodils. " Gardening in the morning is the best! Now I wonder when I'll get that order i made for some orchids.." 

She loved gardening and watching plants grow. It amazed her how they grew so beautifully. She gazed at her garden proudly, where many kinds of flowers bloomed and frowned at the bare patch next to her bed of Zinnia's. There used to be a  bed of Chrysanthemum's there... until Daehyun decided to spray a deadly chemical he had made on it himself to see its efficiency.

The flowers had withered on the spot and Mrs Jung had given Daehyun the silent treatment for 3 weeks much to his confusion. 

Speaking of the devil,

" Mum!! Where's my backpack?" came a voice groggily from the doorway and Mrs Jung spun around smiling at the sight of her son, leaning against the doorway, eyes halfshut. She turned off the tap and walked to him, pulling him into a hug.

" Ooh my little Daehyunnie!! Ah look at chu! So cute!!" she gushed pinching his cheeks. Daehyun's eyes opened slightly.

" Mum. Me hungry. Me want backpack. Then me go school." he said groggily resting his chin on his mother's shoulder. 

" Oh ok! Go washup. I'll get your food ready but go find your backpack on your own you lazy prat!" she said turning her son towards the staircase and pushing him. 

Moments later a cheerful Daehyun came bounding down the stairs, a smile on his face. "Hey kiddo! Eat up!" said Mrs Jung sliding a plateful of food towards her son who slipped into a seat at the table. He frowned slightly at the plate.

" That's not enough for a growing boy mum!" he grumbled tucking in. Mrs Jung scoffed. " Shut up kid. That's the amount your father, granparents and i eat. " 

Before Daehyun could remark, the doorbell rang. " Must be the Youngjae. See you later mum!" said Daehyun gulping down a large glass of juice before leaning in to give his mother a kiss, poking her eye in the last second.

" DAEHYUN! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU STILL DO THAT !" she hollered as Daehyun grabbed his backpack and slipped out of the house laughing.

Youngjae stood scrutinizing Daehyun outside. " Morning! Let's go!" said Daehyun fist pumping the air.

" Good morning." said Youngjae curtly and they began they walk to the site of education.

" So i didn't get one question we got for homework and i asked my dad for help, and he said that if i ever come to ask him homework again, he'll flush my head in the toilet 'cause he says we get work that's too complicated unlike his time and it makes him feel uneducated." said Daehyun jumping in front of Youngjae who sighed.

" You could've asked me! You usually do! Why not call me?" asked Youngjae angry that he wasn't appreciated for his vast mind.

He liked to feel important.

" Cause I wanted to annoy dad... And since i dumped his pendrive in the pond, he was in a bad mood  and i wanted to annoy him more. If i was a sheep, how many sheeps do you think will ----"

" Sheep Daehyun. The plural of sheep is sheep.." said Youngjae.

Daehyun frowned. " Hmm. I believe someone had told that to me before.. Hmmm.. Anyway. Like i said, a deer is called a deer cause they feel dear when the hunter comes.." he said matter of factly.

" What?!!" asked Youngjae hitting Daehyuns stomach.

" Yep. And the cow who flew over the moon was actually drunk and the movie 'A Bugs Life' was destroyed. By an anteater. These were all part of my dream.."

Before Youngjae could answer scathingly, they had arrived at their destination, and Daehyun pulled out his trademark black mask and pulled it on. " I dont kow why you do that.." said Youngjae as they entered the premises and Daehyun shrugged. 

" Hey Daehyun!" greeted a few students waving at him.

" And i'm invisible..?" asked Youngjae sarcastically.

" It's cause i am awesome. You wanna go to the snackbar?' asked Daehyun and Youngjae scoffed.

" I believe in the importance of a healthy life and snacks---"

Daehyun was already gone.

" Daehyun!" yelled Youngjae running after his friend. " What a loser!" he sighed but small smile graced his lips at the sight of Daehyun ogling at the snacks. 

*************** 

University life was not easy.

That's something 19 year old Daehyun realized on the first day of university.That was life. You think after school is done, it's the end of studying. But here we have a victim who believed in that and is dozing in the middle of his lecture now. 

The professor was a sleepy man himself. So half the students used this class to sleep since the other lecturer's gave tons of homework and they needed rest.

Too bad Daehyun didn't awaken when the next lecturer strode in. This man was infamous for his violent behaviour and the way he sometimes tended to throw students out of the huge window overlooking the class. 

" ALRIGHT PIPSQUEAKS! WHO DID THEIR HOMEWORK AND WHO DIDN'T?! I'M GONNA GET YOU TRAMPS TO COME UP HERE AND SHOW ME!" he bellowed. 

Hmm. Sounds familiar? He was the elementary school swimming coache's brother...

" YOU! PUNK! UP NOW!" he barked pointing at a nervous looking boy who trudged to the board.

Daehyun was having a dream where he was a bounty hunter who was looking for Youngjae's head. The dream got weird because the man asking him to look for it was Youngjae himself! Daehyun was contemplating whether to cut off Youngjae's head and give it back to Youngjae and claim his prize till a talking baby came at him with a sword. Somehow he grew tall in his diapers and began shaking Daehyun violently.

And then----

" YOU BRAT! YOU DARE SLEEP IN MY CLASS YOU SNOT FACED PUNK! SHOW ME THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION!" hollered the teacher carrying Daehyun by his collar to the board. The class began to laugh at the confused looking boy.

"Uh oh. This is the question i asked dad.. " muttered Daehyun picking up the marker pen, frowning at the board.

" SPEAK LOUDER PUNK! A MAN NEVER MUTTERS!" screamed the teacher.

"Sir? You got a new tattoo?" asked a boy suddenly. The teacher who was snarling, whipped his head to look at the boy.

" Where?" asked Daehyun peering at his teacher.

" Ah yes! It's very original isn't it?" asked the teacher brightening up suddenly as he flexed his arm, where a tattoo read, 'Who da man?' with a skull in a black overcoat and tophat pointing a gun coolly.

" Uh. Yeah." said the boy uncertainly. 

" You should have added a mustache." said Daehyun turning back to the board quickly when the teacher snarled at him.

" hmmmm...Lets get this brain starting up!" said Daehyun as he resed his index fingers on his temples and began to think. 

"He's cute when he thinks" sighed a girl staring at Daehyun dreamily as he squinted at the board and  began to write.  

" Well. But i think i'm better." said Youngjae who was sitting beside the girl, as he worked on another question  that was in a chapter that they hadn't even started.

" Ahh.. Look at him!! " she exclaimed dropping her chin onto her hand as she continued to stare. Then she frowned. "The only problem is that mask.. It hides the rest of his face. I'm sure he's handsome.."

" No really. I think i'm better.. Look at these eyes!" said Youngjae pointing at his eyes and looking at the girl who merely waved him away. "You people just dont appreciate a good face when you see one" grumbled Youngjae going back to work.

" Done!" said Daehyun. The teacher who was terrorizing a student marched to him and pushed him aside. Screaming Daehyun went stumbling and falling onto his own seat.

The class on the other hand gasped as Daehyun's work came to light.

Instead of the answer to the teacher's question, he had drawn a picture of a man in a bathtub who was wearing a floral showercap, with a brush in one hand and a rubber duck in the other. The next picture showed him rolling down a steep hill in the tub, flying up in the air and falling into a volcano that erupts, showering the area with mini people in bathtubs with brushes and rubber duckies, either laughing, scowling, or looking shocked and so on. There were people running around happily, trying to catch one for themselves.

The teacher began to tremble and his teeth began to chatter and his fists clenched so much that his knuckles turned white.

" This is gonna be interesting.." mused Youngjae setting his pen down as he watched eagerly.

" JUNG. DAE-HYUN...." whispered the teacher and Daehyun looked up from his text book.

"AAAAAAARRRRGH!!" screamed the teacher slamming the table of a student, breaking it in two and walking towards Daehyun, tables and students thrown aside.

'Uh oh' thought Daehyun horrified.

" THIS IS NOT A HIGHSCHOOL WHERE YOU HAVE FUN AND PLAY! THIS IS A UNIVERSITY AND YOU ARE NOT A KID ANYMORE! COME I'LL SHOW YOU HOW TO MAN UP!" screamed the teacher as he ran after a screaming Daehyun down the corridors.

******************

Somehow, Daehyun managed to get back home in one piece. He stopped by at an ice cream shop and bought himself a cone. Humming happily he neared his house.

"Do we have any homework? Ah yes we do.. Literature. . This . And there's no one to help me cause Youngjae's going to the barbers today and when he starts gossipping with the hairdressers there, and he doesn't come back.." sighed Daehyun stopping outside his house. 

He found his eyes landing on the silent, house next to his.

'Your tree has grown loser.' thought Daehyun as he remembered how he usually found Yongguk, legs dangling from the said tree, peering down at him over a book looking bored.

Sighing Daehyun went into his house and showered, changed and plopped down on the sofa with a bowl of fruit and switched on the tv.

"And now. The moment you have all  been waiting for. It's time for your favourite programme" said a man. A drumroll followed. Then a dog barked and a wolf howled.

 "Guns, blood and ice" whispered a voice eerily followed by the sound of a howling storm. Daehyun frowned and went to the kitchen and took the cordless phone back to the couch. He punched in Youngjae's number and waited, listening to Elvis Presley's Jailhouse Rock.

Finally Youngjae picked the phone.

"What?" he asked annoyed. Daehyun could hear women's voices laughing and screeching.

Well it was a salon that mum's went to.

" What is the meaning of  Guns blood and ice ?" he asked.

Youngjae gasped and scolded Daehyun for interrupting his chat about Pansy and how she eloped with the blacksmith.

".. And now do not call unless your house is on fire. Wait. Still don't call because i need to know why Margaret dyed her hair luminous yellow!" yelled Youngjae cutting the line. Daehyun sighed and lay down on the couch. 

" But I'm bored." he whined wondering what to do. Soon he fell asleep.

***************

Daehun was awoken by his mother yelling at his father for something as they entered the house.

"Well. Next time, i'll rip your arms and legs off." finished Mrs Jung walking to the kitchen with the groceries, kissing the top of Daehyun's head as she walked by.

" Never try stuffing a snail in a womans handbag Daehyun." said his father climbing the stairs.

Daehyun blinked and went to the kitchen to help his mum unpack the goods.

" Oooh! " he gasped eyeing all the goods. "No eating snacks before dinnertime" warned Mrs Jung snatching the packet of Corntos Daehyun was trying to take.

"Let's prepare dinner!" she said cheerfully as Daehyun tore open the packet and stuffed his face.

************

After dinner, Daehyun sat at his desk and finished his homework. He leaned back on his chair and yawned glancing at the clock that read 10.30 pm

" Ahh. I wonder what would happen if I call Youngjae and ask him about the origins of the Yeti." he mumbled rubbing his eyes yawning. He sat for a good thirty minutes staring straight ahead, before a gust of wind woke him up from his little reverie. Rubbing his arms, he walked over to the open window, and pulled the fluttering curtains closed. It looked like a storm was about to break.

He walked out to the balcony and looked up at the cloudy sky and soon found himself looking at the house next door. It was dark and empty.

The huge tree was swaying in the wind gently, making a lovely swishing sound that was very calming. Its branches looked like they were calling out to him and Daehyun felt like climbing over the wall and climbing up the tree.

His eyes drifted to the closed curtains behind which Yongguk's room was and Daehyun knew that a lady came every Sunday to air the house and clean it up, or it just stood there, lonely as ever, waiting for someone to come live in it.

Sighing, Daehyun rested his chin on his arms, gazing at the house. 

'If only..'

The words kept repeating in his head like a mantra and he closed his eyes, enjoying the cool breeze trying to calm down.

'I wonder how he's doing..'

 

***********

A/N : Ahh. Yess. The moment you all have been waiting for! Finally he has grown!!! They're 19 in this!

 I loved the reactions i got from the last two chapters and I want to thank all of you who commented! Hahaha! It was really fun reading them!

So i was thinking. Should i make daehyun so fat that he cant walk and is stuck on a wheelchair? Yeah? It sounds good? Well ok! :D

And hey! Thank you bygjdh , ozwalkr , st3f4n13 , minakwon38 proudweirdo for upvoting!!!! :D

Make sure to leave a comment! :D