Twelve

Vindictive People!!

Sunday was usually a fun day. And Daehyun woke up, with a smile. "Ahhhhh.... I love the dew smell on sunday mornings " he laughed (quite forgetting that dew resided outside and not in his room),  hopping out of bed and doing a small waltz. "Lalalala! I'm a ballerina!" he sang twirling before tripping over his skipping rope and crashing onto his table. " Oww!" he cried, wincing as his hip smashed onto the edge of the table. 

" Ehhh... But that pain is better than the pain caused by the.. fireant..." he whispered, as he limped to his small first aid box and opened it. He blinked at the empty box as a fly buzzed out of it. "Hmmm. Now what?" he wondered as he massaged his throbbing hip and limped to the balcony.Grinning like an idiot, he opened his arms laughing, enjoying the warmth of the sun's rays. " This is so cool...." he whispered opening his eyes and glancing at the Bangs. His smile was replaced by a frown as he noticed the sleek black car. " Huh? Looks like Mrs Bang has two cars. Or Maybe thats Mr Bang's car. But, its too cool and modern for an old man." shrugged Daehyun as he yawned and went back inside. 

As he shuffled downstairs, he heard voices. He went back up and wore his mask then tiptoed downstairs. Mrs Jung laughed loudly. " This is just like old times! ". Daehyun walked into the kitchen noticing Mrs Bang and his mum drinking mugs coffee.

"Mrs Bang!" cried Daehyun waving at her.

" Daehyun!" gasped Mrs Bang giving him a hug as he sat beside her. " Oh my goodness! Look at you!!" she gasped, eyes widening as she sized Daehyun up. Daehyun laughed, grabbing Mrs Bang's bowl of soup towards him. "I know! So how was your trip back?" he asked removing his mask and digging in.

Silence.

Daehyun looked up and was met with Mrs Bang's widened eyes and open mouth. " What?" he asked looking back at her, as his mother joined in the staring too. " What? Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked nervously, pulling his chair away from the staring woman.

Mrs Bang blinked, then waved her hand laughing. " Nothing! Just thinking how you still eat like an elephant!" she laughed, and Daehyun joined in. " So where's Mr Bang?" asked Daehyun after he told her about his university life. Mrs Bang frowned, then her face brightened. " Oh him! Probably sleeping! You want to meet him...?" she asked slowly, cautiously. 

Daehyun squinted, thinking. '' Well.. I've never met him before.. Is he nice?" Mrs Bang stared at him, her cup of coffee halfway to her lips. " What do you mean? You guys were best friends!" she exclaimed. " Yeah!" added Mrs Jung indignantly as Daehyun laughed. " Me? Why would i hang out with an old man?" he asked chuckling and pouring milk into his bowl of cereal. 

" Um... Who are you talking about?" asked Mrs Jung raising a brow. Daehyun's brows furrowed. " Mr Bang.. Your husband..?" he said turning to Mrs Bang who spluttered, choking on her coffee. She gasped, tears streaming down her face as Mrs Jung clapped her on the back. Then she began to laugh.

" My husband! Oh god Daehyun! Aren't you slow as ever! I thought you were talking about Yongguk!!" she laughed and Mrs Jung joined her. 

The world stopped. 

"....What? " asked daehyun as Mrs Bang recovered slowly.

" I was talking about Yongguk! " she repeated pouring herself more coffee. " You dont have to go today and meet him if you dont want to " she said patting him on the shoulder as she went to the living room. Daehyun sat frozen for a long time, mouth hanging open, eyes wide as saucers.

" So..... That car... Yongguk... " he said faintly as everything fell into place.

Silence.

" HE PASSED HIS DRIVING TEST AND I FAILED 3 TIMES!!!!??" he yelled shooting up and running to the window overlooking the Bang's house. Then he gasped, mentally slapping himself as a light fell on him and the path was made clearer to see.

" Wait.. YONGGUK IS HERE!!!!!??" 

*****************************

"So. You are going to stay in this ... room of your's for the whole day?" asked a sarcastic Youngjae as he spun around on the revolving seat, one leg over the other, hands clasped on his knee. Daehyun lay huddled in his bed, the grey covers over him. " Not the whole day" he whispered, the blob shifting as he tried to hug his knees closer to his chest.

" Oh?" asked Yuongjae his non existent beard as he narrowed his eyes at the blob.

" Yeah. Not for a while. It's... Forever " he said dramatically. Unable to hold it in any further Youngjae jumped out of his seat and marched to Daehyun, ripping off the covers with a 'swish' and pulling a bewildered Daehyun up to sit, as he pulled a pillow and began twirling it like a lasso.

" OUCH! HEY! STOP IT!! AAAARRRGH!!! ASSAULT! CHILD ABUSE!!!!" screamed daehyun as Youngjae finished with the beatings and proceed to shake Daehyun by the shoulders. " You! You imbecile! Fool! You think hiding will solve everything!! Are you a baffoon?!!!" he yelled letting go of Daehyun who fell on the bed, flat on his back.

" No. I'm a boy" he said weakly as the ceiling spun around.

" SHUT UP! IF YOU DON'T STEP OUT OF THIS ROOM IN 2 HOURS AND GO SAY HI TO HIM I WILL BRING HIM IN HERE! YOU UNDERSTAND??" yelled Youngjae tired of watching Daehyun moping. 

" Uh.... Ok.. Wait... What?! NO! I AM NOT----" began Daehyun but stopped as Youngjae casually pulled out a silver pocket knife and began to run his fingers up and down the glinting metal, eyes flaring at Daehyun who nodded.

"Ok... Now you leave.. I'll be down in 2 hours." said Daehyun making plans about where to escape to, as soon as Youngjae left. This was not the first time he had threatened him using that knife. And yep. He stuck to his words. Youngjae was a deadly man... Fatality.

"So. What did Macbeth do when---" 

" Whoa whoa.. Are you telling me that you can see into Yongguk's room from your's?" gasped Youngae noticing Daehyun's open window and the closed one parallel to it.

" You can't assume it's his! How'd you know?" asked Daehyun as he hopped to his bookshelf and pulled out the dictionary. Youngjae ignored him and hurried to the window, pulling aside the curtains as he squinted at the room across.

" This is unfavourable to you is it not? He can just look out and see you. Then he'll remember everything and scowl. Then shoot you" rambled on Youngjae, leaning out further as if that would open the curtains of the other window.

" You think he has a gun?" asked daehyun worriedly, going over and standing next to Youngjae. " Yes." replied Youngjae nonchalantly as Daehyun gasped in horror.

" You have a binoculars?" he asked and Daehyun nodded, handing it to him. " Oooh.. Look..Those rugs are said to be very effective." said the nerd, focusing on the garden as Daehyun peered at it. " Really? What about those garden staues? I didnt see them before!" he said interestedly. Youngjae nodded and gasped.

" Look! There's Mrs Bang! She's vaccuuming the carpet in the living room! Oh my! Look at that mahogany bookcase! It even has 'Prodagogy of the opressed' and i have been trying to find that for years! I should borrow that!" he muttered leaning out more and Daehyun joined him, hanging onto the sill. "Wow Daehyun! This pair of binoculars is really good! I can even read the instructions on the coffee machine!" commented Youngjae twisting a dial on the object and peering into it. Daehyun blinked slowly, then frowned. " Really? I always thought it was nothing special "  he shrugged.

"Anyway, I don't think I will use it to---" he was cut off as there was movement in the other house as the curtains of  Yongguk's window moved. Yelping he ducked down and crawled away from the window. Youngjae waited for the window to open to see Yongguk but before that could happen, Daehyun crawled back and pulled him down! " HEY!" yelled the nerd as he lay sprawled on the ground, looking shocked that someone dared to do that to him.

" Sshhhh " hissed Daehyun as he pulled close his curtains, just as they heard the window swoosh open on the other side. " Close call " whispered Daehyun and Youngjae was about to retort, but Daehyun clapped a hand over his mouth.

***********************

Two hours had passed and Daehyun was sitting across Youngjae in the living room.

Yes originally Youngjae was supposed to 'bring him over ', but Daehyun had managed to find a book named 'Crime and world known gangs' and the nerd was absorbed in it, gasping and scolding once in  while. Daehyun sighed, thanking his father for buying the thick book. Soon he was asleep, mouth open and Youngjae looked up about to give some very important and interesting information about the Yakuza and was shocked to see Daehyun asleep. Offended that he slept over what he was saying, Youngjae grabbed a plastic flower and slipped it into the open mouth. 

Daehyun didn't react at first but his brows furrowed, then he began squawking and clutching his throat as he gagged. He coughed and stood up, ran around the coffee table, then fell onto the ground wheezing as he clutched onto his stomach. " ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?" he screeched getting up, facing Youngjae who rolled his eyes and walked to the door, Daehyun complaining about life as he followed him. 

" I am going to speak on behalf of many people now.You are a coward. I am leaving as i do not want to associate with you. Now, goodbye " he declared, slamming the door behind him. 

Daehyun was about to rush out after Youngjae but stopped remembering his situation and where he stood.... Fatality.

Instead he pressed his face against the window, and called out to Youngjae who was halfway down the lane.. " Hey! Gimme some time! I will go so no worries! " he began and Youngjae turned back to answer him, but stopped and gaped at something. 

The something stopped too and stared. Youngjae recovered slowly and straightened himself up before speaking.

"Hello Yongguk."

Daehyun almost fell down but managed to hold onto the window pane, nd ducked peering over the sill.

There was a pause. Then,

" Nerdjae."

Daehyun felt his blood run cold. 'His voice... Is.. too...... deep. '

Youngjae's nostrils flared at the infamous nickname but he willed himself to calm down since Yongguk was back after so long afterall.

" Nice to see you... So..." he began and stood at ease. Yongguk chuckled and Daehyun craned his neck, trying to get a glimpse of the boy, but he had his back turned to him.  All he could see was a tall figure in a big black jacket, with the hood pulled on.

" I'm going to town to buy some stuff i need  " said Yongguk walking over to his car and unlocking it. " Ah. Well, I have nothing to say, so I'll be on my way then " said Youngjae, eyes moving to Daehyun's hiding place as he raised a brow. 

" Hmm. Yeah, nice to see you after so long " said Yongguk distractedly as he pulled out a file from his car and leafed through it.

" You're quite silent.." observed Youngjae and Yongguk shrugged nonchalantly, getting into his car.

Youngjae stepped aside and let it pass, waving. As soon as the car was out of sight, Daehyun stepped out of his door and sighed in relief. 

" Well?" asked Youngjae turning to him.

" He sounds nicer.. Not the voice i mean. He didn't swear at all! Maybe he turned over a new leaf?!" wondered Daehyun looking at Youngjae who was examining his nails. " So, what does he look like?" he asked and Youngjae shrugged.

" Why should i tell you?" he asked as Daehyun walked upto him. " Not as good as me right? Though he's thin and tall " Daehyun sighed sadly. 

Youngjae smirked and turned his back on daehyun.

" I can't be the judge of that " he answered, walking away . 

**************************************

a/n: AAARGH!!! Thanks for all the comments guys! I see ya'll are getting worked up!

Oh! Oh! Did ya'll watch the BAP video?!!! It was so fun!

And thanks for subscribing, commenting and upvoting! 

HEY noonyshami and ElectricAstronaut :D Thanks for upvoting!

Comment and keep it locked cause I might update soon!