Sixteen

Vindictive People!!

Daehyun's mouth dropped open. What did he say? What.. did he.. say!?

" What did you say?" he asked eyes narrowing at Yongguk who tightened his hold on Daehyun's collar. " I said off.." hissed Yongguk eyes glinting with venom.

"The F word..." whispered Daehyun eyes filled with horror. "Uh... So.. As you guys are accquainted I should take my leave.." said Youngjae straightening his back awkwardly, as he watched Yongguk growling in Daehyun's face while Daehyun watched in horror.

" What are you gonna do now face? Cry?" taunted Yongguk. " STOP SWEARING YOU---- AAARRRGH!!" screamed Daehyun as he was pushed into the pond. Youngjae grimaced as Daehyun flapped about in the water in shock before his face darkend and he grabbed the retreating Yongguk's leg and pulled him in.

SPLASH!

" ! ing !!" screamed Yongguk and soon a battle in the water began. 

" MRS JUNG!!!" screamed Youngjae watching as Daehyun kicked Yongguk's stomach and Yongguk grabbed his head and held it under water.

" Yes? What is-- Oh my god!!!! JUNG DAEHYUN GET OUT OF THE WATER NOW!!!!" screamed Mrs Jung running to the pond. " Youngjae! A little help!" she yelled and gasped indignantly as Daehyun splashed her in the process of trying to drown Yongguk.

Together they manged to pull the two boys apart. Daehyun spluttered and gasped as he fell onto Youngjae who held him from falling down. Yongguk glared at Daehyun before shaking off Mrs Jung's arm off of him and ignoring her 'Are you okay?'. He stormed out of the house and got into his car driving off at a very high speed. 

Mrs Jung and the two boys watched mouth's agape. " He definitely drove over the speed limit.." said Youngjae breaking the silence. " Jung Daehyun! What exactly----" began Mrs Jung as she began lecturing the dripping and shivering Daehyun.

Youngjae slipped out of the house and began to walk away, an evil grin plastered on his face. "I. Yoo Youngjae have now accomplished what I promised I shall. I am pleased with myself. Aftrerall, I was always someone who worked hard to make dreams realities. And I ---"

" Excuse me sir " said a voice cutting his self obsessed speech. Youngjae glowered and turned around. " What?! Wait.. YOU!" he screamed pointing at the familiar supermarket dude, who smiled and handed him a leaflet. "I believe you're mad, talking to yourself all the time. So why not visit the mental doctor Mr What.?"

" What?!" asked Youngjae flabbergasted. The man nodded. " Yeah. Mr What. I'm just advertising" he laughed while Youngjae crumpled the leaflet and stuffed it down the guys jacket and stomped away, muttering something about how stupid the modern world was.

The supermarket guy pulled out the crumpled paper from inside his jacket and smoothened it, before handing it over to an old lady who was in need of a love life. " Mr What will like you. He's 85 years so its a nice ripe age no?" he said to the giggling old woman.

************************

Yongguk returned home late that night and Mrs Bang was having a cup of coffee while she worked on her laptop. 

Yongguk flopped on the sofa and rested his head on the soft cushions before speaking.

" Mum. Why didn't you tell me that Daehyun looks different?"

"Hmm? Why? I was shocked too! He's very handsome now isn't he?" she laughed and Yongguk sighed. " I knew I'd seen that kid before! I recognized those eyes. It was him all along, hiding behind lockers and avoiding me all the time. You could've told me 'bout the fatass" he grumbled.

Mrs Bang grinned. " Better you found out yourself. Plus he's not a fatass anymore."

"He'll always be a fatass even if he loses weight" muttered Yongguk stomping to his room.

" Ahhh. Adolescence. I didn't know it made kids this touchy... Though I  have read about that..But really. Daehyun has turned out into a very handsome young man" sighed Mrs Bang dramatically, wiping a non existent tear.

"SHUT UP MUM!" came the angry voice from above and Mrs Bang only laughed and blamed adolescence again. 

As Yongguk got into the shower he couldn't stop thinking about one thing. That was Daehyun's lips.

He pictured them in his mind as he lathered shampoo on his scalp. . Stop. Snap out of it! He's a guy! he swore. He chuckled to himself. True. Daehyun is goodlooking now. But i'm still better looking than him, he told himself firmly.

************************

The next day Daehyun stepped into the college premises feeling nervous. Yeah he was usually nervous as he had to hide from the Yongguk, but today it was worse as they had met and Yongguk wasn't that nice and friendly like Youngjae said he was. 

Plus Daehyun felt like there was something he had to do. Yes you dimwit. You have to apologize, sighed his inner voice that had been very active since the day Daehyun read that author's book. " But my pride---" Shut up  and do it and face the consequences punk. "Yeah ok" he sighed as he entered the literature class and went to his older spot in the third row.

He looked around the class but then remembered that Yongguk comes late anyway. Well that hasn't changed either.

He noticed Youngjae at the first row, writing something and knew that he shouldn't disturb. 

Soon the hall filled up and the Bulldog stormed in growling. " I MARKED YOUR TESTS AND THERE WAS ONE KID WHO HAD NOT ANSWERED ANY QUESTIONS. CAN HE OR SHE STAND UP?!!!" he yelled.

Silence.

" NO?! THEN I WILL HAVE TO TAKE MEASURES..." hissed the Bulldog smiling evilly.

" Why not check the name on the paper?" asked a student.

" Cause it's more fun to torture us" replied his seatmate with a shrug.

KABOOOOM.

Both boys were now at the Political Science building. 

"NOW SPEAK UP IDIOTS!!!!"

" I think I know..." sighed Youngjae wryly just as the door opened, revealing a very bored looking Yongguk. 

" AND YOU ARE?" bellowed Bulldog. Yongguk didn't even flinch as he made his way to the last row.

" ANSWER ME! 

"Bang Yongguk"

" AND YOU ARE LATE BECAUSE?"

" I stopped to buy some stuff..."

" WHAT KIND OF SHOPS ARE OPEN AT THIS TIME?! YOU THINK I'M A FOOL?! NEXT TIME YOU GET LATE I'LL MUTILATE YOU, UNDERSTOOD?!!!"

Yongguk shrugged slumping in his seat and the other students looked at him in awe. 

" He is not affected by Bulldog." they whispered.

" NOW BEFORE YOUNG KUK ENTERED THE CLASS I WAS ASKING YOU, WHO DID NOT ANSWER MY TEST?!!!!!" barked the Bulldog. Yongguk chuckled, the sound loud in the extremely silent class. The Bulldog's eyes dilated.

" YOU DARE LAUGH AT ME?!!!!"

Yongguk stared back.

"YOU! YOU DIDN'T ANSWER IT! NOW I REMEMBER THE NAME! HA!YOU SHALL GET A SPECIAL TEST 150 PAGES LONG, UNDERSTOOD FOOL?!" 

Before anyone could react the Bulldog began the lesson for the day and Daehyun sighed in relief. Okay that side of Yongguk hasn't changed either.

*****************************

The day was finally over and Daehyun waved goodbye to Youngjae, who wanted to stay back to browse through books in the library. 

Nerd....

He was walking down the road when he saw a familiar figure go into an antique shop. Daehyun wondered what Yongguk would be doing in there and decided to follow. The shop was small and looked very old. Well duh. That's why it's an antique shop, said the inner voice.

Shouldering his backpack Daehyun pushed open the door and stepped inside. There was no one and he was distracted by what he was seeing.

There were furniture right at the back and gramaphones and everything old, but what caught Daehyun's eye was the Voodoo section. What was a voodoo section doing here? he wondered walking to it. Alas it was empty... only a table with the plaque 'Voodoooo'

" You want revenge yeeees?" whispered a voice and Daehyun jumped, as a small guy in robes came from somewhere and stood in front of Daehyun, a crazy glint in his eye

" Me? Revenge? No no... I just stopped by.." laughed Daehyun weakly.

" Or do you want anything to eat? Like this...?" he whispered again producing a dish of something fried. Daehyun eyed it. " What's this? Chicken?" he asked. Crazed man laughed cynically.

"This is.... my grandmother " he whispered the crazy glint in his eye growing.

" Jongup! Where the heck---- What the are you doing here fatass?'' growled Yongguk as he saw Jongup and and a horrified Daehyun, who looked at him mouth agape. 

" You know him? Oh.. would you like some uncle? Dipped in chocolate sauce with a dash of whipped cream?"  asked Jongup producing another dish. 

" I left the money on the counter. " muttered Yongguk grabbing his backpack off a stool and leaving. 

Daehyun soon ran after him, a brown paperbag in his hand. " OH GOD! Who was he! HE SELLS PEOPLE! How do you know him! Why'd you go there?" he asked panting, trying to catch up with Yongguk.

"Shut up"

" He was so creepy with that smile and his eyes..." shuddered Daehyun. " Plus he made me buy his aunt!!" he exclaimed, eyes widening as he shook the bag in Yongguk's face. Yongguk snatched it and threw it away.

" So.. why'd you go there?"

No reply.

Daehyun frowned deep in thought. " What will you do with antiques? And---"

" Why are you wearing that ing mask?" asked Yongguk cutting him off. Daehyun punched his arm hard. " Swear not. The mask? I like it. Makes me feel secure."

Yongguk scoffed. " What are you insecure about?" he asked glancing at Daehyun whose eyes crinkled. " I don't know! Plus i'm quite handsome. This keeps off the crowd! " he laughed. Yongguk scoffed again. " So you wear it 24/7 ? " he asked sarcastically a little disappointed. Snap out of it! he scolded himself again.

" Yep. Except when i go to sleep. That guy! You know what he tried to sell to me?! He tried to give me a murderer dipped in--- HEY!" he dodged Yongguk's hand which was trying to pull off his mask.

" STOP IT!" he screamed breaking into a run Yongguk right behind.

"I'm gonna rip that off your face and--OWW!" he howled as Daehyun threw a brick which crashed onto his chest. That gave Daehyun enough time to run  away from his predator.

*************************

That night after Daehyun finished dinner and vacuuming the house, he decided to wash. Oh wait. His spare towel was in the washing machine. He slipped on his mask and stormed to his open window and poked his head out and spotted Yongguk sitting on his bed, writing something on a notebook. 

" HEY!!!" he screamed. Yongguk glanced at him then went back to his notebook. Daehyun scowled before leaning out further.

" YONGGUK!!! I WANT MY TOWEL BACK! IT WASN'T IN THE PILE YOU RETURNED YESTERDAY! " he yelled.

Yongguk ignored him and this angered Daehyun further. He squinted at Yongguk's room and saw his towel in the corner.

" IT'S THERE!!! CAN YOU PLEASE RETURN IT?!!"

Silence. 

" HEY!!! STOP ACTING COOL AND GIMME MY TOWEL BACK OR I'M GONNA COME OVER THERE AND -----"

" Come over here?" asked Yongguk with a smirk. Daehyun's frown deepened.

" Yeah? Why? You think i cant climb walls like you?!" he asked indignantly. Yongguk shrugged tossing his notebook and stretching.

" That's not what i meant. But that doesn't sound that bad. I would like to see you trying to climb over the wall" he said lying down on his bed. Daehyun was fuming now.

' I'll show him! ' Yeah. Show him who's the boss! said his inner voice as he put his foot out the window. 

" OOOHHHH... It's cold!" he yelped hopping back into his room, as Yongguk raised a brow at him in distaste. Daehyun stood at the window, hand on hip, planning out what should be done next, when a shoe came sailing at him.

" What?! Ow! HEY!" he complained as a keyboard, a book, a pair of socks, a portable radio, a jar came flying at him. 

" HEY! STOP!" he yelled shielding his face as a speaker hit him on the head. " You asked for it " stated Yongguk calmly as he closed one eye, aiming a pair of headphones at Daehyun who was trying to shut his window in vain. Years of it being kept open had resulted in it being stuck the way it was. 

" Ha! " chuckled Yongguk to himself as he flung out the final bits and pieces at Daehyun.

" That's it. All the stuff I couldn't give to you yesterday fatass" he said, about to shut the window before Daehyun yelled.

" What now?" sighed Yongguk running a hand through his hair.

" MY TOWEL! GIVE ME MY TOWEL TOO!"

Rolling his eyes Yongguk picked it up and balled it before throwing it out. They both watched it unfurl in the sudden wind and descend down on Daehyun's garden gracefully. Daehyun let out an exasperated sigh, before running downstairs to retrieve his towel. He opened the door in time to see Yongguk jump over the wall and grab the towel.

" What are you doing now!!?" cried Daehyun running to him and trying to grab it back.

" I'm going out for a drive.. This just seemed fun to do.." shrugged Yongguk, as he pulled the towel out of Daehyun's hand and flung it over the wall into the garden of the old woman who lived on the other side of Daehyun's house. 

" NOW LOOK AT WHAT WHAT YOU DID! WHY'D YOU DO THAT!!!" yelped Daehyun peeping over the wall to see the cat rubbing himself all over his beloved towel. 

" For a distraction" replied Yongguk as he swiftly removed the mask covering Daehyun's face and holding it above his head as Daehyun jumped for it.

"GIMME MY MASK BACK!! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU TO---"

Yongguk wasn't listening , instead he was staring at Daehyun's lips. When had they turned so sensual? he wondered watching the plump lips moving rapidly. 

"----WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT!!!" yelled Daehyun poking Yongguk in the chest with his index finger.

" What?" mumbled Yongguk shaking his head.  . Get  grip of yourself Yongguk! he scolded himself internally slapping himself. You're a guy. He's a guy. he told himself sternly.

" Don't wear masks again." he said before jumping over the wall and hopping into his car, Daehyun's mask in his hand.

"Huh?! What! HEY!" yelled Daehyun as the black car drove off.

************************

A/N : Oh yeah! I'm back! Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Now i deserve some lovely comments for updating no? ;)

So there. The long awaited mystery is solved. Daehyun looks like what he does today! (I would have made him fat and obesce with pimples and hairloss but since most of you were against it... *sigh*)

And Yongguk's still a . ;)

HEY bdz357998 THANKS FOR UPVOTING!! :)

Thank YOU for subscribing and upvoting and oh yeah! Commenting! 

So lemme know what you think of this chapter!