Seventeen

Vindictive People!!

It was thursday and a special holiday was granted to the college students as  a lecturer had had an accident and was supposed to have a surgery which could have his leg removed and all the otherr lecturer's wanted to witness this. Some out of sympathy, others because they had placed bets.

Daehyun woke up yawning and stretched himself. He laughed thinking about the dream he had seen, where Yongguk was chasing him in a labyrinth. For some reason he had been seeing dreams of the two of them for a while now. Last time, he had saved Yongguk from a dragon.. 

 Blinking around drowsily he wondered what it would be like to be a beaver. After contemplating for an hour on beaver's he washed up and made his way downstairs to be greeted by an empty house. "Oh yeah... The parents would have gone to work.." he mumbled making his way to the fridge. He pulled it open and screamed. It was empty! Except for a bottle of milk.

"AAAARGH!!!! WHERE IS THE FOOD?!! I'M GONNA DIE!!! ARRRGH!!!" screamed Daehyun running around the house pulling at his hair.

" SHUT IT FREAK!!" screamed some neighbour and Daehyun stopped panting. "Will you spare me some food?" he asked the unknown neighbour, hopefully. 

"NO WAY FREAK!" came the voice before a window banged shut. Daehyun huffed and began to think. It was quite possible that his parents were broke but were trying to keep that information away from him like in the dramas.

" Well.. I do have a few coins in my chimpanzee till... I guess I can survive for today..." he sighed pulling out the pathetic milk bottle and removing the cap.

"At least there's some milk.." he shrugged drinking half the bottle in one go. His face scrunched as the bitter taste creeped down his throat. He checked the expiry date and flinched.

It had expired 3 years back.

"I'm gonna die.." whispered Daehyun fainting, falling as elegantly as an ostrich onto the couch. 

3 seconds later he sat up, an idea booming in his head. '' HAA!! What a fool I am!" he laughed slapping his thigh as he scrambled up and ran outside the note his mother had left telling him to go shopping, and her credit card going unnoticed by Daehyun.

*****************

Daehyun thought about how he could enter the Bangs' house. The door was locked since Mrs Bang would've gone to work too and daehyun was standing in front of it, hands on hips, weighing his options. He couldn't climb walls like Yongguk though he said he could. Neither could he climb trees... 

"Well.... last time they lived here there was a spare key under a garden gnome..I don't remember which one.." he mused looking at the 6 garden gnomes around the house. "Heh. That one looks like Yongguk" he chuckled eyeing a bored, grumpy looking gnome. "Well. I guess I'll have to check under each and everyone of them!" said a cheerful Daehyun marching to a huge gnome. "Oh yeah! Ya think I can't move you huh?! Let's see who's strong now!" he cheered.

30 minutes later Daehyun was on his 3rd gnome, trying to move it to no avail. " Why.. Do...they*pant* bother...*pant..*" he grumbled as he pushed with all his might.

40 minutes later he successfully found the key under the Yongguk gnome (which was the 4th gnome by the way) and staggerd to the door, famished. He let himself in and looked around the familiar house. "Maybe i should just go to the kitchen... Nah! I haven't awoken Yongguk since god knows when! I miss that!!" he laughed climbing up the stairs two at a time. He stopped outside Yongguk's room hand on the handle.

'Should I? It's been so long?

" Of course I should!" he said to himself before pushing open the door and stepping in. The room was as he remembered. Neat and comfy. Daehyun felt happy for some reason, probably because it had been so long since he came in here. His eyes caught a small rack with 4 shelves and he walked to it. His eyes widened seeing the  wooden carvings on it. He remembered that Yongguk once told him that his mum taught him to carve.

They're beautiful.. thought Daehyun picking up a rabbit on its hind legs and examining it. Wow, he's really good. I wonder if he'll give me one.. Nah. I also remener how he said he'll never give his carvings to anyone.

Sighing he placed the rabbit back on the shelf and his eyes landed on the lump underneath the comforter on the bed. With a grin he jogged to it and looked down at the lump, tousled black hair being the only thing visible. Chuckling, Daehyun poked The lump. Getting no response, he poked harder, then shook it. The lump groaned and shifted. Daehyun held back his laughter and began to sing some unknown song, off tune. 

" Shut the up.." mumbled a deep groggy voice and Daehyun broke out laughing before bounding onto the bed and jumping up and down, to awaken Yongguk. 

" THIS IS SO FUN!!! IT'S BEEN FOREVER SINCE I DID THIS!!! WOOHOO!!!" cheered daehyun till Yongguk gasped and sat up, eyes landing on Daehyun who was now wheezing , hand on his chest, before he sat down on the bed.

" What the are you doing in my room?!" exclaimed Yongguk in shock. Daehyun looked at the shocked boy and frowned. "What do you mean? I used to do this all  the time remember?" he said with a smile. Yongguk scoffed before lying back down and pulling the comforter over himself.

"Exactly. You used to. I'd prefer to keep it that way." came his muffled voice. Daehyun's smile slipped, to be replaced by a frown. His eyes landed on Yongguk's bedside table and he snickered. "I thought you threw away that photo. I didn't know you had it all these years!" he laughed and Yongguk sat up again, glared at Daehyun and pushed over the photograph of the two of them Mrs Jung had taken back when they were kids.

"Ha! er!" taunted Daehyun. " Did you come over here, at 8.30 AM to look around my room?" asked Yongguk narrowing his eyes at Daehyun who was walking around the room looking at everything. "Nope. I came to get some food because we are suddenly poor and the parents don't want me to know in case it affects my wellbeing but they don't know that i'm smart and investigated into it and found out!" said Daehyun proudly as he balanced a paperweight on his palm. "Well, i'm not giving you food either. Get out." said Yongguk slipping out of bed with a groan. " By the way. I want my mask back. Where is it?" asked Daehyun dropping the paperweight on the ground and wincing as it cracked. 

" You will not get it back." muttered Yongguk picking up his paperwight and glaring at Daehyun who smiled sheepishly.

"Haha.. I'll buy you a new---- Wait what?! Hey! That's illegal! You're violating my human rights! Why did you take it by the way? If you wanted one i could've----"

" Shut the ing hell up.." hised Yongguk closing his eyes to avoid seeing Daehyun's lips moving so fast and making his way to the bathroom bumping on a few things on the way. Daehyun's brows furrowed. "What's wrong with you? Why are you closing your eyes?"

SLAM!

Daehyun stared at the closed bathroom door and shrugged. "Are you still not going to give away your carvings??" he asked. Huffing indignantly at the silent Yongguk Daehyun went downstairs and into the kitchen, yelling up a  'I want my mask back by today!' warningly. In the kitchen he flung open the fridge door and gasped.

"Oh my keyboard! It's full!" he gasped again eyeing the contents. 

" Well. Time for breakfast! maybe i can lunch here too! And----"

" Get out!"

" Oh shut up. It's just a little bit of pancakes and maybe some eggs.... ooh...there's sausages! And is that bread? There lie some fruit!! And unexpired milk! Oh my!!" said Daehyun clutching at his weak heart as Yongguk raised a brow at him. Idiot

"What are you doing?" asked Daehyun curiously as Yongguk walked to a cabinet and pulled out a packet of ramen. " You're going to eat that? When there's so much of this in the fridge?" 

Yongguk ignored him and popped his ramen into a pan and placed it over the gas cooker. Daehyun was in shock. Who the heck would eat that when they had these in the fridge?

" You lazy fool! " he huffed turning off the gas cooker and removing the pan with the ramen.

" Hey! Who do you think you are fatass! Get out---"

" Oh shut up for heavens sake! You either eat pancakes or eat this..." said Daehyun threateningly swinging the pan from side to side in his annoyance. Yongguk glowered before taking a seat at the table.

While Daehyun muttered and tottered around making the pancakes and frying sausages, Yongguk watched him in amusement. Snickering at the way Daehyun tripped over a pair of shoes lying around, Yongguk slipped out and brought a portable radio before slipping in a CD.

Daehyun jumped as some pop music blared and the bass boomed and someone screamed "AN A 1, 2, 3, 4 YEEAH!! C'mon ladies swing 'em hips from left to right! Oh yeah! Ya doing great lady! Faster! Jump jump! Looking good woman!"

Daehyun scowled and made his way to the table with his batch of pancakes and the sausages. He dropped them on the table and stared at the radio where a hooting and hissing sound was coming from now, followed by a cow mooeing. Yongguk laughed lightly before pulling the pancakes towards himself. "That's my mum's workout music." he chuckled tucking in.

" Oh? Well it ! " commented Daehyun helping himself to some pancakes. " Honey?" he offered but Yongguk just stared at him so he shrugged before using it all up.

" I'm off then. You should get lost too.." said Yongguk after they finished eating. " Where are you going?" asked Daehyun a little sad that he wasn't invited. Besides, he was thinking that they could spend the day together just like old times.  

" Just get out of my house fatass." sighed Yongguk grabbing his car keys.

" Or we could stay in and cook!" exclaimed Daehyun eyes brightening at the suggestion. He really had no one else to hang out with. Youngjae had gone off to some museum somewhere too.

Yongguk shook his head and pointed at the door. A clear indication for Daehyun to leave. Ignoring that, Daehyun walked upto Yongguk before pulling him back to his seat. " We are going to cook. You should learn to do that. Lets cook a cake!"

" Bake.. Bake a cake..." sighed Yongguk closing his eyes with a sigh.

" That's what I said!" laughed Daehyun running around getting his ingredients ready. " You love cake dont you..." said Yongguk trying to distract Daehyun so that he could slip away. " Yep. It was the first thing which was edible that I made!" 

" Edible? " said Yongguk sarcastically. Daehyun nodded flashing him a smile and placing a huge bowl on the table. " I know I used to at it, but now I'm pretty good with cakes! Now. I'll teach you my secret." he said looking at Yongguk hopefully. " No way fatass. I am never going to bake ok" he said. Daehyun's shoulders slumped.

" Never?" he asked.

" Never. Ever. Ever ever ever.." repeated Yongguk getting up. " Wait! If you walk away, you won't get the prize!" said Daehyun thinking fast. Now that he was in the mood there was no way of getting him out of it. " Whatever. I'm not going to stay in this house just to bake a ing cake "

" STOP SWEARING!! You sure?'' asked Daehyun with a dramatic sigh. The door slammed in reply and Daehyun shook his head. " Ah. The world is so complicated... Who'll not want to bake? Ah well. I'll just continue."

The door opened seconds later and a very grumpy Yongguk entered the kitchen. "Ah.I see you have returned because who can resist cake?" said Daehyun watching Yongguk pull all the things Daehyun had prepared for himself. Outside he heard a hissing sound and he peered out the window to see Yongguk's car steaming. "Your car broke didn't it? HAHA! You're not that stupid to choose cake over driving in that with no A/C in this sunlight no?" Yongguk scowled darkly at the ugly truth. He'd rather bake than go outdoors.

" Ah don't be shy!" laughed Daehyun looking at the angry Yongguk

" Shut up. " 

****************

" Wait... So I have to add 3 eggs?" asked Yongguk confused. Daehyun sighed. " Yes! I told you that 7 times already! It depends on the cake. So your cake would need 3 eggs. "

Yongguk hummed in response before adding in his 6th egg into the bowl. Not like he'll be eating it anyway.

Daehyun popped his cake into the oven and dusted his hands happily.He looked at Yongguk and screamed.

" THAT'S NOT SUGAR THATS SALT!!!" 

" Whatever."

The two were baking cakes to see whose would be better. " You know, my birthday's coming up. It would be nice if you could bake a cake for me but then again you wouldn't. Cause you ."

" Exactly. I'll rather workout with my mum than bake for you." said Yongguk blankly as he added in B.B.Q sauce into his batter. Daehyun gagged. " Did you know that I found a passion for elephants. Big ones , small ones, old ones, young ones. I just love them all."

" Of course you would since you feel connected to them..." said Yongguk looking up at Daehyun for a brief second.

" What do you mean?" asked Daehyun confused but Yongguk only gave him a blank look. Then it hit him.

" HEY! I'm not an elephant anymore!!! And anyway! What if i was?! It's not a bad thing!!" yelled Daehyun.

" Oh god your voice is ing annoying! I never said it was bad! I just said you feel a bond with them! So how can you assume i meant your size huh? Talking about size I think you must be very small"

"Huh? You just said i'm an elephant. So-----AAARGH!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! " screamed Daehyun as Yongguk added peppers, cucumber, chillie sauce, red pepper, green pepper, bell pepper, scorpian pepper, into his dough. There was a variety of hot, spicy peppers from all over the world.

" HA... Looks like i'll win this...." thought Daehyun happily. " By the way, I really want my mask back. i need to wear it to school tomorrow. I like it!"

SPLAT!

Daehyun fumed as egg yolk splattered from his head as Yongguk smirked beside him. " HEY!! THAT'S A WASTE OF EGG!" screamed Daehyun but Yongguk only threw a tomato at him. Angrily Daehyun threw a fork at him. It landed near the small table behind them " Wow. Your aim has gotten worse.." commented Yongguk sighing mockingly as Daehyun growled and violently mixed his icing. He left the bowl on a side and walked to the oven.

By the time he returned with his cake, Yongguk was his icing. " HEY! BACK OFF LOSER!!!" yelled Daehyun pulling the bowl away from Yongguk who smirked and rubbed the remaining icing on his fingers on Daehyun's cheek. " EWWWW!!!! That's disgusting!!!" complained Daehyun wiping away the icing and gathering his things and going to another corner of the kitchen away from Yongguk. 

They were working quietly for a while and Daehyun looked back to find Yongguk dumping two packets of chillie powder into his cake. Cringing Daehyun set about decorating his chocolate fudge cake.

An hour later the two were done. " Your cake is... red...." said Daehyun eyeing the scary thing on a plate. It was a violent shade of red with no decorations unlike Daehyun's own cake which was a beautiful sight. The two elephants drawn on top of it added more to its appearance. " That's you and that's me." Daehyun said pointig at the elephants who were playing cards, one of them contemplating his next move while the other showed the peace sign

" Whatever. " replied Yongguk placing a chillie on his sad looking cake.  " I don't think you baked it properly.." said Daehyun seeing a spot where the cake was soggy and crumbling. " Let's take this to be judged. When i win, i want my mask back. If you win, you'll get my cake."

" I believe i have told you a long time ago that I'd rather die than eat your food.." grumbled Yongguk stepping out of the house after Daehyun and locking the door. " Ahh. But you ate my pancakes!" said Daehyun smiling when Yongguk rolled his eyes. " They looked ok. But i'll never eat your cakes.."

" Ah don't be shy. Lets go!" said Daehyun marching on, followed by an annoyed Yongguk

*********************************

Jongup who was more than happy to welcome them was now analyzing the cakes before him. Daehyun watched him as he cut a slice of his cake and ate it. His face contorted into an evil smile. " Very nice! This tastes like my fathers upper arm.." he commented while Daehyun gasped and scooted away from him. Jongup then proceeded to try Yongguk's half baked cake. Daehyun watched smugly as his face scrunched up and turned red. His eyes watered and he fanned his face before grabbing a water bottle from... somehwere and taking a long drink. 

" That was..... AMAZING!!!! "

Daehyun's smug smile fell. What did he say?

"I loved how it burnt my tongue and throat! How it exploded in my stomach and caused so much of pain in my armpits!!!" he squealed gushing at the cake like it was a new born baby. 

Daehyun was in shock. What the heck was that about?

" WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!! MINE WAS BETTER!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT WENT INTO THAT CAKE!!!" he yelled shaking his fists at Jongup who was cooing at the scary cake. Which was now a violent shade of orange.

" IT CHANGED COLOURS!!!!!!!" screamed Daehyun.

" That's because the interior was exposed to oxygen. Oxygen reacts chemically with all its contents" said Yongguk calmly, twirling a dreamcatcher between his fingers , watching from the back of the small shop.

" WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO!!!!" screeched Daehyun glaring at Yongguk then at Jongup who was devouring the cake.

" To him, my cake is a god made creation. It's like sugar on his tongue, honey trickling down his parched throat, steamed cinnamon buns and jam settling at the pit of his stomach, a mug of coffee on a winter night accompanied by an assortment of cookies, watching puppies bounding through meadows, observing the sunset while eating a chocolate sundae..." said Yongguk dramatically resting the back of his palm on his forehead for effect while Daehyun stared at him incredulously. 

" ........ What??!!!!!"

" See Daebum, your cake was nice. But not nicely nice... you know? It tasted like my fathers upperarm at first, but when i swallowed it had a hint of my dogs paw... and that's not a very nice taste. And it left a trail of a cats tail when it moved down my throat. But Yongguk's cake...! Oh my! You can be a chef!"exclaimed Jongup his fingers. Yep, he had finished the cake. 

" I am leaving!!!!" said Daehyun walking out of the shop. Jongup looked up confused. "Would you like some grandaunt with strawberry cream before you go? But i gave my honest opinion..." he said sadly at Daehyun's retreating figure.

 "Can I take this? Wait. Of course I can.." said  Yongguk picking up the trinket box that clearly had a label that read 'NOT FOR SALE. BUT YOU CAN SELL YOURSELF FOR IT.'.

Jongup didn't even bother protesting as he fished out an odd coloured bottle and drank. 

" Can you make another one for me?" asked Jongup grinning creepily at Yonggtuk who shrugged at him. " If you pay."

************************ 

That night Daehyun sat on his bed watching a movie before thinking about the day. He smiled as he realized that things seemed to be getting back to normal between him and Yongguk. But his smile faded after a while. Every time he was with Yongguk he felt guilt. 

Sighing Daehyun switched off the T.V and lay down on his bed, crossing his arms behind his head. I'll have to get things completely back to normal. He doesn't seem to trust me fully yet and I don't blame him. But it's like he doesn't remember and I don't want to remind him if he doesn't. But I feel guilty. I should just get on with it. 

He turned his head to the left and saw that Yongguk's room was dark and the window was shut. He smiled again before snuggling into the covers and drifting off to sleep.

It was 11.00 pm when Yongguk came back into his room. Yawning and ruffling his hair, he went to his table and picked up the tiger carving he had been working on. He ran his thumb over the half finished carving and found himself near his window. Placing the carving on the window sill he pushed it open and leaned out enjoying the cool night breeze, before his eyes landed on Daehyun. Ah what the hell he sighed before climbing out of his window and landing deftly. Soon he was in Daehyun's room. It looks the same... he thought walking around. He smiled when he saw that Daehyun too still had the same photograph as himself. 

Walking towards Daehyun, Yongguk sat on the soft carpet and stared at Daehyun's sleeping face for a while. Before he knew it, his hand was cupping Daehyun's jaw, as his thumb Daehyun's cheek. He smiled softly at the sleeping boy. Wow. I really missed this fatass though i kept denying it.. His lips. Why do i keep looking at them? he wondered and found himself leaning in his eyes on Daehyun's lips,closer and closer and closer... till their noses were touching. 

No! Yongguk's eyes flew open and he stumbled back falling on his . what the ?! What the was i thinking! He's a guy! Heck he's your friend!' 

Sighing Yongguk stood up before pulling out Daehyun's mask from his pocket. He placed it near Daehyun's head and brushed a strand of hair from Daehyun's face before climbing out of the window and entering his own room shutting his window, buried in his own thoughts.

No no. I just care as a friend that's why. It's  a good thing I gave him back his mask. I don't want anyone else looking at his lips except me. what?! No no i mean that as a friend..

what's happening to me?!

****************************************

A/N : Hmm What indeed is happening to Yongguk? ;D

Aah. Okay things are progressing! What do you think? What should happen next!? 

Thank you as always for reading commenting, subscribing and upvoting. It really motivates me you know! *sobs*

Thank you BangDaeLover , DaeYoyaku and BuBu_Nakagawa for the upvotes! *blows nose*

I was too tired to edit so there might be mistakes!

Make sure to comment! :D    BYE!