Let's go home.

Adorn You

I had my legs hang over the edge of the stage; my hands were pressed on the surface as I stared at the rows of seats inside the theatre. Today was the last and final rehearsal for our final performance. It was something to give back to our mentors.

The rehearsal had been over for a while now but I decided to stay behind. I wanted to remember this part of the university. This was where I was able to express myself freely. This was where I cried because of fatigue and this place witnessed my most genuine smiles after a performance. This part of the university played a huge role in reaching for my dreams.

I tore my gaze away from the seats in front of me and looked over to my side where a piece of paper lay. I took it into my hands and brought it to my face. My lips instantly curved into a smile as I read the heading of the paper. It was a contract for a Broadway show in New York and all that was missing was my signature at the bottom.

"Still haven't decided yet?"

I whipped my head to the side of the stage and saw a person moving towards me. When the lights hit the person, I rolled my eyes at my partner - Kwon Yuri. He had a smile on his face - he always had, and for a moment I was reminded of Yoona again, not that they look alike because that would either mean Yuri looks like a girl or Yoona looks like a guy; it was just that Yuri and Yoona were the only people I knew who loves to smile so much.

He plopped down beside me, taking the contract from my hands. "I signed mine already," he said. "It would be nice if you'd still be my partner there."

I didn't answer.

I carefully took the contract from his hand and slipped it back inside the folder where it belonged.

We sat in silence before Yuri stood up, hand extended towards me. "Come one," he said. I looked at his hand before throwing him a quizzical look. He didn't answer, instead he wiggled his hand - a sign of impatience. I let out a defeated sigh before putting my hand in his, letting him pull me up on my feet.

Yuri smiled some before letting go of my hand and walking towards the right side of the stage while I stood rooted at the center. I didn't quite know what he was doing yet until he the portable stereo that we used earlier. I waited until I heard a familiar sound coming out from the speakers. I shook my head with a smile.

"Do you still remember the steps?" Yuri inquired, voice a little louder to make sure I managed to catch what he said. I nodded my head; I could never forget what we danced in front of the panel for New York three months ago, which secured us a spot in the casts.

Yuri walked slowly back towards me and I turned my back on him.

I felt his strong arms gently creeping from behind me until I was wrapped inside his embrace, my back pressed against his chest.

Yuri's right hand moved to my nape and I bent my body backwards, feeling his hold becoming firmer. His face hovered above mine, his forehead to my lips and my lips to his forehead, our nose merely centimeters apart. He smiled and I returned it with a genuine one. I will always love dancing with Yuri.

I walked backwards in that position and Yuri's support remained on my nape. Stopping, he gently pushed my head upwards and I straightened up, head hung low. With one swift motion, Yuri's arm was around my neck and his hand was still supporting the back of my head as I bent backwards again with Yuri hovering above me. There was something in Yuri's eyes that I didn't think I have ever seen before. He was staring straight into my eyes and for a moment I felt a little conscious, as if I was bare in his eyes.

He turned my body around so I was bent forward, knees almost touching the surface of the stage. His arm came to my waist and he pulled me back up, my back pressed against his broad chest again. I raised my left leg and Yuri held it with my body leaned slightly towards the side; he had his right arm under my arm for support.

Give me love like her,
'Cause lately I've been waking up alone,
Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt,
Told you I'd let them go..

Yuri let go of me and I gracefully sat on the surface, head between my knees as I wrapped my arms around my legs. Yuri lay down behind me and rolled towards me. When I felt his stomach hitting the small of my back, I leaned towards it, throwing my head and arms backwards as I closed my eyes. Yuri's hands were latched on my right leg.

Dancing always gives me a sense of freedom. It was as if there was only me and the stage in this world. And as much as I love singing, I can't deny that dancing is something I would never trade for anything. And luckily, I get to do both.

And as we continued on our routine, I can't help but look at Yuri every now and then. I have always been mesmerized at how graceful he is, despite build. I've never seen anybody as passionate as Yuri when it comes to dancing and acting in Broadway. It wasn't a surprise when he was offered to be part of the Broadway in New York, too. He definitely deserved it.

I was distracted when Yuri pulled me towards him, his grip firm on my hips and mine on his shoulders before I was lifted up, legs straight upwards and our faces merely inches apart as he gracefully twirled us around. Goodness, this guy's strength is no joke.

Give a little time to me or burn this out,
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,
All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

Yuri stared at me and I stared back, before he put me back on my feet. We stood face to face at the center of the stage. Yuri's eyes flickered downwards before he brought it back up to my eyes. There was something in those dark orbs that got me feeling uneasy. I've never seen that look before, or if I did, it didn't affect me this much. The look in Yuri's eyes said everything - although I may have had a hunch before, I never really thought it was this serious.

Yuri wants me.

He inched closer, hands resting on my shoulders. For a moment I didn't know how to react, before my eyes involuntarily fluttered close, feeling Yuri's warm lips on mine. His kiss was so slow, as if he was testing the waters. I didn't realize I was kissing him back until his hands crept up to cup my cheeks. Yuri's palm felt so warm against my skin.

By the time I was so sure I was going to lose myself in the kiss, Jesse's face appeared in my mind. It was so vivid; the look in his eyes, the line that was formed by his lips - it was so vivid that it hurts so much. I frantically pushed him at the back of my head, my lips moving faster against Yuri's in desperate hope of pushing away all my thoughts about one particular guy. But it was futile; Jesse haunts me, I could never get away from him.

Pulling away to catch our breaths, I had my hand pressed on my lips, finally registering what I had done. I felt like I cheated on Jesse, even though I didn't. But I feel so guilty I wanted to bang my head on a wall.

And Yuri - I feel like I was using him. I felt bad. When did the Taeyeon I was so sure I know, became this kind of Taeyeon?

I didn't even notice I was crying until Yuri's thumbs came in contact with my cheeks. I cried harder and he pulled me in his arms, holding me so that I wouldn't break apart.

It was just too much. It was as if I was releasing my pent up emotions for the first time. All the frustration and hurt I felt when I met Yoona, all the unanswered questions I wanted to ask Jesse. I was finally letting all of those go, and Yuri just held me, not demanding for an explanation as to why I was crying, or why I kissed him back. He was just there, lending me a shoulder to cry on. How come I've never notice Yuri before? How could I have passed up the opportunity to be loved like this?

"Taeyeon.." Yuri's voice was low. "Taeyeon, sign the contract. Come with me and leave Jesse. Let's start fresh together." He lightly pushed me away from his body, hands cupping my cheeks as he tilt my head to look at him. "I'll be with you, I promise I'll never leave you, Taeyeon."

Sniffling some, I looked at Yuri's eyes, searching for anything that would tell me he doesn't mean anything he was saying, but I saw nothing but resolve in those dark orbs. Maybe it was time to move on, and I can't afford to pass up on this opportunity again.

"Okay," I said, my voice cracking at the end. "I'll go with you."

Yuri's eyes lit up before a wide smile adorned his face. He pulled me back to his body and I relented because Yuri's body felt nice and warm against mine - something new yet awfully familiar.

But Jesse's smiling face stayed in my head. It would definitely take time.

**

Yuri insisted on taking me home since it was already late. Of course I said yes; it was dangerous to go home alone.

"Are you excited for tomorrow's performance?" he asked me after I handed him his helmet back. I smiled and nodded.

"Sleep well, Taeyeon." Yuri placed a peck on my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I waved Yuri goodbye as he the engine of his bike. Moments after that, I was already watching his figure driving away until he turned a corner. I let out a sigh and turned to enter our house.

My fingers were already wrapped around the doorknob when a honk from a car surprised me, making me jump up on my spot. It was familiar and I didn't have to look to know that it was Jesse.

I looked over my watch, brows furrowed - taking note of how late it already was, before I turned towards Jesse's car. He was already leaning on his hood when I crossed the small distance.

He had his head hung low, the expression on his face unreadable. He had his hands propped on the hood of his car while his legs were crossed at the ankle. There was something that changed about him; his hair was dyed into a lighter shade of brown, almost identical to Yoona's hair color. The moonlight kissed his pale skin and for a moment I thought he look so frail.

"Jess.."

As if my voice snapped him out of his trance, Jesse's head whipped towards me, eyes blinking for a moment before he let out a small smile. I tilted my head slightly to the side, taking in his expression. He looked like he was going through an internal battle.

"Are you okay?" I said and moved to sit beside him on the hood of his car.

A hum was his answer before he pulled me to sit in between his legs. I wanted to protest but his head on my shoulder had all my resolves crumbling down. He had his arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace.

"Jess, what's going on?"

"Nothing," he said, voice muffled by the fabric of my shirt. "Let's go home."

I untangled him from me, walking a few steps away from him before turning. I was tired with all these push and pull he was playing. I couldn't stoop so low anymore. I was nobody's booty call. I will never be.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I told him, "I am home, Jess. This is my home. I'm not with you anymore. Remember you broke up with me?"

"I can't let you go."

His voice was so low; I had to strain my ears to hear him. I didn't know if I heard him right though, but the look in his eyes told me so much more. He pushed himself off the hood of his car and walked closer to me, enveloping me in a hug once again. There was too much sadness emitting from Jesse, and I didn't understand where all of those were coming from. Did he and Yoona break up?

He had my head tucked under his chin as he put his chin on top of my head. My arms naturally found their way around his waist.

Neither of us talked, but I feel like we understood each other. Jesse needed me just as much as I needed him.