Chapter 9

Because I Love You

~*~

“What did he have?” Mrs. Byun asked as her voice shook and tears are welling up

“Baekhyun is having this virus in his heart that creates a hole as it stayed longer. For Baekhyun the virus has been there for almost 8 months now.” Doctor Shin said in an apologetic voice

  moved to open as if to argue but it closed second, tears are threating to fall. She clenched and unclenched her hands on her lap as she look at the doctor in front of her.

“It seems that Doctor Yamamura from Japan, where your son has first went, did not found any alternate medication for him right this moment. The only thing he gave is the painkillers and sedatives for the pain to be lessen.” The doctor said after a moment.

“How it happen to him. My baby is healthy and… how?” she ground her voice battling away the tears

The doctor scanned the files in front of him and looks back at her

“It seems that Baekhyun has been in constant stress and the environment is not also a help.” He reported

“How could this happen to him… without… I should have seen.” She whispered to herself feeling the self-loathing since his the mother.

She finally look up and with an over motherly look at the mercy of the doctor. She breathed deeply.

“Please do whatever you can to find a cure for him.” She said almost low but loud enough for him to understand

In return the doctor nodded in understanding. It’s a mother’s voice as always.

 

~*~

Turn left on the next street then they counted a few more blocks before spotting a big white building. This is tiring. It seems like Baekhyun and Luhan is just venturing.

“Are we there yet? Or we’re lost like the first time!” Baekhyun exclaimed flinging his head front left to right to find if there are few passerby, just in case they are really lost

“Would you spot worrying your ! We are here, look at the sign!” Luhan retorted in annoyance of the boy beside him.

It takes a few deep breaths and self-control for Luhan not to strangle his best friend. Baekhyun look up at the sign of the clinic owned. He made a ‘Oh’ sound and it is enough to feel small and embarrass for his impatient attitude to Luhan. He murmured an apology which Luhan sighed and acknowledge.

They walked to the main door which was made out of glass. It slid open automatically and a lady behind the reception counter greeted then and asked their business that day.

“Uhmm.. We’re looking for Doctor Shin; Doctor Yamamura transferred us to him from Japan.” Luhan gave a medical slip to the lady and she checked something on her computer screen then look back up.

“Mr. Byun? Doctor Shin is expecting you. You may go now inside now” She smiled after it and the two ventures to the direction she gave.

They knocked a few times before they heard a faint ‘come in’. Baekhyun is not afraid to come to the doctor’s office unlike before they came to Doctor Yamamura’s office.

Luhan step in first then Baekhyun followed suite behind. The doctor was younger than both of them imagine; maybe he is in his late 30’s.

“Please sit down.” the doctor chirped as he look up from his papers with a smile

“Ok then, for formalities sake… I’m Doctor Shin Soohyun. I believe you are Byun Baekhyun which Doctor Yamamura transferred to me?” he politely stated and looks at Baekhyun’s direction.

“Yes I am and this is my best friend Lu Han.” Baekhyun said flatly. He doesn’t know what to say though

“Ok then… According here you came back here because of your parents, am I right?” he quietly asked then Baekhyun nodded.

“As the Doctor said to me, your condition right now is incurable as he said” the doctor started which made a pit on the brunette’s stomach.

It always makes his inside turn in every news he get about his condition is not curable. He tried hard not to let it show on his face and his gesture. He tried to fight the bile coming up to his throat in remembering the past. But Luhan knew him so well and gave his hands a gentle squeeze assuring him that it will be alright.

“But as I study your records, it is indeed… Curable in some ways.” Baekhyun and Luhan’s eyes doubled at the news.

“Wha—I mean really?” Baekhyun asked, hope and faith in his voice

The doctor nodded his head and smiled at the boys in front of him. Baekhyun could almost cry because of the news. He could kiss this man right now. He turned and looked at Luhan and found out that the boy is already crying before him. He patted his best friends head and returned the smile he was giving.

“Now, I need to check up on you. Just to see if there are difference in our finding in the findings in Japan.” He said and stood up from his seat.

“Could you just follow me inside so we can start.” He said happily

Baekhyun nodded and look back at Luhan who is currently wiping his silly tears. He gave out a small giggle at Luhan’s earlier reaction. Baekhyun should be the one crying not his hyung. Baekhyun stood up and followed the man.

He was lead inside a smaller space of a room and was made to sit down at a bed and the check-up followed. The doctor performed some test and note down some things on his board. Baekhyun stayed silent all that time, he was so bliss not even caring on what was happening. All he care about is his illness can be cure. At least it made his misery somewhat lighter than before.

“Ok, we’re done for today.” The doctor simply said rousing Baekhyun back to reality

He nodded slightly and fling back his feet down to the ground and march back to the room where Luhan is. He sat on the opposite chair as the older boy slightly bombarded him with silly question like; what did he do? What did he say? Or, Are you getting a surgery next week for this?

Baekhyun only smiled and shake his head indicating that nothing is said between them. The doctor came in again, this time he was holding a new clip board, probably for some instructions to him. he sat down and open the board

“The result of today’s check –up would be out by next week. But for now continue your medication by what Doctor Yamamura has told.” He instructed, face serene

Baekhyun and Luhan nodded together. After a moment Doctor Shin dismisses them and guided them outside.

“Thank you for the good news” Baekhyun cheekily said to the young doctor

“Sure…” the doctor started as Baekhyun and Luhan was about to leave

“Just don’t forget to tell this to your mother alright” he finished

Then Baekhyun’s world stopped moving as Luhan’s pace stopped. Baekhyun slowly turn to the young doctor with a look of horror. It can’t be, it just can’t happen right now. His mother can’t know anything about this. He walked near the man, tears welling up in his eyes. Luhan was gripping on his arms.

“Excuse me…  My- my mother-knows… she knew? How?” it was almost a whisper as he tried to compose his self.

“So I’m right… She doesn’t know right?” the doctor spoke with soft and concern-filled voice

Baekhyun didn’t answer so Luhan nodded for him. The doctor sighed as if he is making a life threatening decision.

“Well I don’t blame you for it. But let me tell you this. You don’t need to shoulder this problem yourself. You should probably talk to her today. I’m sorry.” He reprimanded the boy

“I’m afraid they’ll worry too much for me.” At last Baekhyun spoke, voice almost a whisper as his head hung low

“You need to tell they anyways… to ease some worries. You don’t have forever to hide the truth. It will still reach them, with or without your consent.” And with that the doctor bowed down to them and walk back to his office.

Both of them stood still for god knows how long but Luhan know Baekhyun fought hard to keep his tears. He quiet knew that Baekhyun’s parents will know it, sooner or later. He wished that it will be later but then they know now. Baekhyun straighten up and rub his face with both of his hands, he then look back at Luhan with a bitter smile.

“I think it’s time to tell them, right?” it was a shaky question, heck Baekhyun is trembling

All Luhan could do was nodded and return a sad smile at his best friend.

“I guess so.”

 

 

~*~

A/N: Hey guys!!! sorry for the late update... i just need to stuff up my brain... but by the way how do you think of my poster.. i made it!!

will i don't have anything to say right now, just..

COMMENT WHAT DO YAH THINK... DONT FORGET TO UP VOTE AND SUBSCRIBE BABIES!!!

LOVELOTS <3