Chapter 10

Because I Love You

~*~

“So, you’re all well and fine with your parents’ right?” Luhan asked as he sipped on his bubbletea

The sky is clear and blue that day in the park. Baekhyun and Luhan sat under the big oak tree a few meters away from the fountain and the noisy kids who are playing around. Baekhyun lean his back to the tree and heave a happy sigh.

“You were there!” Baekhyun protested with a small laugh

“Yes and I almost have a heart attack because of it.” Luhan dramatically clinched his shirt as if holding his heart.

Baekhyun playfully shove his best friend. He then turned to the great sky and smile.

~*~

It never really cross Baekhyun’s mind how he should break the news to his parents, or by now, answer it positively since they knew about his disease already.

Luhan had held his hands as they walk back to his house. He promised Baekhyun that he will be there as he faces his greatest fear. Baekhyun was shaking lightly in Luhan’s hands. He gave the latter a gentle squeeze saying ‘it will be alright’. But in Baekhyun’s mind, it will not be since both of his parents would stress out because of him. It was his reason on why he decided to never tell his parent, until maybe, until he died one of these days.

“We can’t just stand here forever Baekhyun” Luhan broke his thought

Baekhyun nodded in agreement and together they walk to the door. Baekhyun twisted the knob and push open the door. They both silently enter and took off their shoes. They can clearly hear the clashing of plates on the table, maybe his mother is preparing their dinner now.

“I-I’m h-home!” Baekhyun called, trying his best to hide his shaky voice

Luhan rub small circles on his back to calm his invisible nervousness which is really showing off.

“Dining room dear!” his mother yelled back

Luhan and Baekhyun comprehend and walked to the kitchen where Mrs. Byun is placing down the plates. Seeing the two boys at the door, Mrs. Byun smile at them and look at his dear son. Baekhyun saw the glint of sadness in her eyes although she’s smiling. It was unusual but then Baekhyun remembered, she knew.

He walk to her and gave her a kiss and a hug, like the usual routine

“Hi mom!” he greeted with his smile

“Hi Luhan. You’re here for dinner?” she asked to Luhan after greeting back her son

“Uhm..y-yes, can i?” Luhan stuttered as he was nervous too

“Yes of course. Go to the Living room first in just finishing this.” She instructed shooing the two boys away

Baekhyun and Luhan sat at the couch as what Mrs. Byun said to them. After a few moments Baekhyun’s father came down the stairs and was met by his mother. Both of them had this sad look across their faces. Baekhyun gulped down his shaking and sighed. He needs to tell them the whole story since they knew already. It isn’t easy at it looks like and Luhan is feeling the tension on the air.

Both of Baekhyun’s parents sat in front of them and glance at each other. Mrs. Byun motion for his husband to go first but them he return it back to his wife. With a soft sigh, Mrs. Byun looked back at Baekhyun.

“Baek, why did you keep this from us?” it was almost a whisper but it was loud enough to be heard

The time had to end at some point and some secrets will be revealed at some time. Luhan wish that this time it won’t hurt anyone on this family and it will all end well and happy. He turned to Baekhyun who was looking down at his hands. From that point Baekhyun was almost at the verge of crying.

“Because I don’t want you to worry for me. I don’t want to see you cry when I die or something like that.” Baekhyun whispered back, his head his still down.

“What happened?” it was his father this time, the question filled with melancholy-ness

“I don’t know..” Baekhyun started, “I was just in Japan and then I got this. Good thing Luhan was there to help me or I could’ve died earlier.”

Baekhyun look at Luhan who was welling up in teas. He took his best friend’s hands and gave a bitter smile which was returned with an equal one.

“You don’t need to hide it from us darling.” Mrs. Byun said her voice cracked as sobs wrack her body.

“I  don’t want too, but I… I just don’t want to burden you with this.” Baekhyun finally look at them, tears fall down his eyes

His father is calming down his wife as she cries on his shoulders. Mr. Byun shook his head

“You are not a burden.” It was a firm statement, “You are my son and you need to know that you are not a burden to us. Byun Baekhyun, no matter what, with or without sickness, we will always be there for you.”

Baekhyun’s tears didn’t stop falling.

“No, I don’t want to see you cry when my time comes.” It was a whisper, but everyone heard him.

“No you are not dying.” Mrs. Byun got up and hugged his son

“Remember the doctor said there is some way to cure you” she continued and showed a motherly smile to his son

“Yes and I’m contacting one of my friend, his a doctor and he will help us too.” His father added

Baekhyun stayed frozen for a while then he buried his head to his mother’s shoulder and cried his heart out. It was the moment where he never thought would happen. He already have his loving parents by his side in this fight. And it was all Baekhyun could wish for.

Luhan wiped his tears as he look at the scene in front of him. He smiled as his best friend finally open up his secret to his parents. It was a lovely scene; mother and child holding each other dearly. Luhan will not worry anymore for Baekhyun’s state every night before he sleeps.

A light pat on the shoulder roused Luhan from his thoughts. He looked up and saw his best friend’s father.

“Thank you for helping and being there for Baekhyun.” Mr. Byun said smiling expressing his gratitude

Luhan shook his head and smiled back

“It’s at least I can do for him.” he said

And that night is the best dinner they had together after a while. Luhan saw the really happiness on his best friends eyes. It was the best sight in the world for him. He can’t help but smile back as Baekhyun smile and thank him for being the best of best friend he was.

~*~

Baekhyun is finishing his drink when Luhan nudge him. He looked at his side where Luhan was giving him a creepy smile.

It was quiet as the kids on the field retreat back to somewhere. Baekhyun place his drink on the ground and look at his best friend with a questioning look.

“What is it?” Baekhyun carefully asked

“What about you and Chanyeol?” Luhan quickly asked which caught Baekhyun off guard.

The smaller brunette was gaping and was blushing madly at the sudden mention of the taller boy’s name. It made Luhan’s smile go wider.

“What about him?”

 

 


~*~

A/N: HEY BABIES... sorry if this one is real late.. im just too caught up with Kris' issue and the enrollment issue i have.. no worries i will contnue to make u happy.


@XOXOLycans... i will drag this over the edge with all of you..

 

Pls bare with my writings and forgive my errors...

ok.. you all know the drill

COMMENT WHAT YOU WANT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE!

JUST ASK WHATEVER YOU WANT DARLINGS!!!

TATA~~