04.

Rapture

04.

Days have passed, I had a week-end of revisions but I had time to see my boyfriend DongHae. He helped me for some things, it was sweet and he tried even if sometimes he didn’t know the subject. Monday I had a little test about chemistry, just to check our level even if it’s not one of the principal branch but I failed miserably because of him, we made out instead of revising. I hate being distracted while I have a big test the next day, I wish I can do a good grade at biology that counts with chemistry. We only have 2 lessons by week of Bio and Chemistry, they tell that it’s important to have a general knowledge and I totally agree with them, this is why it made me mad because it’s easy tests to raise our average at the end of the year.

So here we are, Tuesday. Dongwoon is teaching me some things as always in the library. I was trying to concentrate, it’s a hard thing for me to do I hardly focus on serious things it gets me bored easily. He corrected me in some wrong sentences I’ve done when we were welcomed by a “hi”. I knew this voice.. Sera. The time it took me to collect the information she was already kissing Dongwoon. I’ve probably seen all the saliva sliding between them, disgusting. She finally faced me and welcomed me with a pseudo smile.

“Oh hi ! Jessica.. isn’t it ?”

“Do you know her.. ?” asked Dongwoon before I could answer.

"Yes, we know each other," she stated.

She turned her head to look at her boyfriend, we can say that he really was in love with her, I can see it through his eyes. They kissed again and I rolled my eyes before concentrating to what I've to do but I was interrupted by Sera again. She was taken aback by the look I gave her this time.

"Do you want to come to my birthday party ?" What ? I don't even know her and she's inviting me at her birthday party.. oh yeah, I forgot that when you're super popular you invite the entire world to your birthday. It took me time to visit all the options, if I went there I could.. get bored because I only know Dongwoon who'll stay with her or I can have fun but.. I am not the kind of people that drink and dance like crazy, I'm not sociable.

"Sorry but.. No I-"

"You don't like me ? Is it.. the problem ?" She looked offended, does she really needs to do all this cinema. With or without me the party will be awesome, seriously.

"It's just not my thing.."

"Oh okay.. you're more like.. staying at home and studying.. I see.." And she did this hypocrite smile, if only I could slap her on the face. But I won't, I've too much respect. She said her goodbyes and then walked away. I finally concentrate again till the end of our little lesson.

I packed my things but was stopped by Dongwoon who took my wrist, smiling at me but I could see a bit of distress in his eyes.

"Come to the party.. I'll be with you and you won't get too bored. I'll introduce you to some people too." He asked nicely but he'll be with Sera, she won't like if I start being this close with her boyfriend. But I didn't want to ask more and I accepted.

"Okay.. when is it ?"

"Saturday night but I'll send you a text about how to go and the hour, all the stuff. Thank you Jessica." And he walked away with a big smile on his face. How can a nice guy go out with a girl like this. I hope she treats him well.

*°*°*°*

 

I had a little break before starting the afternoon lessons. I was sitting on a bench in the middle of a Japanese park that was apparently part of the academy. There are never a lot of people around here, I don't know why it's a calm and beautiful place with some Sakuras, benches and a little bridge that cross a river. I sighed before taking out the little piece of paper, the ink that was soaked made the writing a bit blurry but I managed to read the answer. I'm not bored, I'm just curious about where this little game will lead. Aren't you curious too ? - 1045 A game ? I don't know what it means but.. I find it suspicious, like that person wants to trick me. I'm sure this person knows me or at least, is in my class room or that knew that I was going to sit there. I'll try to figure out later. I took out a pen from my bag and wrote back. Maybe I am and since your locker is next to mine, do you know who I am ? Because I don't think I’ve seen you before. - 1044 Well, it's the only answer I could give. I put the piece of paper inside my bag before starting my lunch, a sandwich. Since I don’t have a lot of money I eat pasta or sandwiches every day, maybe DongHae will take me out to a restaurant someday it’ll change my routine.

I finished eating and opened my bag to take out my phone but I remembered I had this book “gazes & touches” I took it out and opened to the first page. It was indeed written by Kim Jin Woo himself and by the cover I was a bit anxious about what I was going to find inside. Reassure me.. I’m not the only one having weird thoughts about it, right ? Well, I turned the next page to meet the first words. I wanted to experience something because we are all curious in life. I wanted so see if people felt the same things as I do when I’m in love and the title resume what my feelings, my thoughts are. I’ll probably change this introduction if I’ve good returns because it’s kind of a rough copy and later I’ll rewrite to make it look like a professional book. Inside you’ll find my doubts, my thoughts and my feelings about a girl I meet at school when I was younger. I found some old letters where I describe her and old poems, maybe I’ll put them inside, let’s discover what’s next. Oh, am I really reading it ? It’s personal, it’s a teacher I’ll bump into him in some corridors and.. I maybe have to take it differently. He needs to have feedbacks and I’ll take it seriously. Even if I still find it weird, I maybe would have done the same thing if I were going to write a book.  And I’m late. I took my bag and rushed inside the building C.

*°*°*°*

4 pm I was already at the Papillorama, the house of butterflies. I found this place this week-end while doing a tour of the town, to get a bit more comfortable around the area. It’s a bit out of town but five minutes by train is enough to get there and by feet thirty minutes from where I live now. There isn’t a lot of visitors and maybe they will close it, it makes me sad it’s really a beautiful place but in Seoul people aren’t interested about the nature it’s more technologic things so when I come I’m most of the time alone in this big place. Normally you must pay something, it’s not free to get inside but I think that the owner really likes me because of a discussion we had last week and let me in freely. I enter the transparent house, it’s all made with windows and we can see the sky and the horizon that shows a plain with only greenery. Butterflies were freely flying inside the structure that looked like a ball from the outside. How can people be so stupid and not see that there’s a beautiful place like this.

I did some homework it was already around 6 pm and the light was a less strong than before. I was sit peacefully in the middle of the Papillorama and a beautiful blue butterfly settled himself there, in my book. I smiled, he wasn’t afraid of me and I just stared at it. I wanted to take a picture but my phone had a crappy quality so I just tried not to move when I heard a little clic. I saw her hair falling on her shoulder, hiding her face while I tried to figure out who it was. She stepped back and then I realized; it was the girl. She was focused on the picture she just took before looking at me, directly. It made my heart skip a beat. She was the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen, I was totally zoning out. She smiled to my weird behavior and I smiled back, still a bit taken aback.

 “I’m Sooyoung Choi, nice to meet you Jessica.” She said with perfect English. Wait, how does she know my name and that I speak English ?  

“Nice to meet you too.. how do you..”

“I’m the president of the council, we are in the same academy and I know everything about everyone. Well, I just know your name and where you’re from and if you’re wondering why I talk to you in English it is because it’s my favorite language with Spanish.” President of the council, she must be very smart and busy. She’s talkative too, I hope I won’t be too boring for her.

“Oh.. and what are you doing here ?” It was the only thing that crossed my mind.

“It’s my father’s Papillorama. It’s me that should ask you this question.” She took a sit in front of me, the setting sun was giving a special light and changing totally the atmosphere, it was more intimate and I was being shy, with no reason. I’ve never felt this way before and I couldn’t concentrate on what I should say but more about what I shouldn’t think. I meet her eyes again, she had this little smile and then raised her eyebrows, she was maybe intrigued why I wasn’t answering.

“Ah.. I just love.. this place it’s the third time.. that I come here..” I looked away, my hand massaging the back of my neck and she chuckles.

“It’s really a relaxing place and I’m glad to see that you like it.” She looked through the big windows and I took an occasion to look at her. She had a beautiful neck, I could see every detail of it when she tilted her head. She was gracious, that’s all I could think.

“Stop staring.” Her eyes were still glued on the sun settling but she was aware of the fact that I was staring at her. It’s embarrassing. I packed up everything and stood up, she smiled again it was barely visible. It was an awkward situation but I don’t know if I was going to come back, I’ll be constantly tensed about the fact that she could come at any time. She makes me nervous.

I went home without saying goodbye and she stayed there, lost in her thoughts.

--------------------------------------------

Sorry I'm a bit late but it finally came out ! They finally meet each other, for real. It's a weird situation I know, what's  your impressions ?