03.

Rapture

I came earlier than the other days at school and I used this time to go to my locker to sort my files. I glanced at the locker next to mine and took out my little piece of paper to slide it into it. No one was around me except some boys talking while walking at the opposite direction but suddenly someone approached me and went to the locker next to mine, oh my god, is it the person that I.. no it isn’t, it was just a random girl that seemed knew seeking for something and the locker 1046 tended to be hers. I finished classifying some papers before going to my literature class. Today I eat with DongHae, he sent me a message this morning, he thought I fell asleep last night so he didn’t want to wake me up by calling. He asked if he could come and I said yes of course, I miss you a bit and we have a lot of things to share.

 

*°*°*°*

 

We met in front of the gates that mark the start of the academy territory. I was walking towards him and he greeted me with a wide and beautiful smile. He has a white shirt, royal blue pants and his bag was dangling to his left side. I saw that he tried to fix his hair but it always finish a bit messy. I slowed down and he made the last steps, our lips met for a short kiss, I don’t want people to spot me, I prefer staying discreet. His hands find their ways to my hips and I stepped back by reflex, I saw him frown, I didn’t want to hurt him so I explained myself.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that we’re in public and I don’t want people to start knowing my life,” and I started walking toward the first building to lead to the cafeteria. He looked at me while nodding but he didn’t seem satisfied.

“Jessica, I want to know something,” he said, while looking at the opposite direction; I perfectly know where this is going so I just let him finish his sentence. “When would I be able to kiss you in public, hold your hand, act like I’m your boyfriend you know..” I know that it hurts him but the thing is that I don’t feel comfortable about doing it in front of people, that’s just it, I think.

“I don’t know.. let’s talk-“

“About it another day, I know.”

 

Here we are eating at the cafeteria, I chose the menu with pasta and he took the same, he’s the kind of boy that follows the girl. It doesn’t disturb me though I wish he were a bit more enterprising. I suddenly felt his thumb touching my cheek to wipe some pasta probably. I tenderly smiled at this cute gesture before starting eating again but of course he cut the silence first.

“So how’s going your lessons ? Have new friends ?” he said while chewing. I just nod, as always before searching what to say. I haven’t really made friends, I just sometimes bump into Dongwoon and we exchange some words and people of my class are friendly but there’s nothing that looks like friendship between us.

“Hm yes, lessons are great even if it can be boring. And for friends, I get along well with a guy called Dongwoon, he’s the one giving me lessons for my Korean.”

We talked about random stuff, about what we will do this week-end and the time passed quite fast. I walked back with him till the gates, it was a bit awkward he didn’t know whether to kiss me or not so I made the first step, I stretched my neck to meet his lips, a quick kiss nothing much but he was surprised, for the first time maybe and I was glad to make him feel this way. We said our goodbyes and we made our ways to different directions.

 

*°*°*°*

It was the end of the day but I still had things to search at the library. I need books that concern the history of art; I was searching for specific subjects that I can’t find easily. My hand was brushing against the books, my eyes fixed on every title when I suddenly bumped into someone, my head crashing against the back of hers.

“Ahh.. I am so sorry..” I closed my eyes while rubbing my fingers against forehead.

“That’s ok, I’m fine.” She had a sharp voice that made me avoid the eye contact, I’m a bit afraid of harsh people and above all ; girls. I finally raised my head to meet her eyes, it was a pretty girl, taller than me but she looks younger and I bet she is. I was expecting that her face was a bit nastier with a death glare trying to kill but finally it comes up that she was smiling to me. Maybe it’s her everyday-voice ? I saw her stretching her arm in my direction; I took it and shook carefully both of our hands.

“I’m Ryu Sera and you ?”

“Jessica.. Jung.. nice to meet you..” she nod and turns her back but still talking to me like she was expecting me to follow her. I did but stopped her quite rapidly.

“I’m sorry Sera but.. I’m going to this section..” I pointed my finger to the section H-I while she was heading to another one. She turned around, her eyes where saying ; are you kidding me ? Does she really thinks I was going to follow her with no reason ?

“Huh.. don’t you want to help me to find books about my lessons ?” Oh, does she really takes everyone for puppets or.. it’s me, but she’s really the kind of girl I use to avoid.

“I’ve something else to do,” I said and she smiled, again. A big fake smile like the ones I love and she walked away. I sighed deeply sorry for the men who’ll have to deal with her later. I really don’t understand people sometimes but well I’m sure I’ll find the ones with who I can get along well.

 

“The use of certain colors, numbers and the cardinal directions in traditional Chinese architecture reflected the belief in a type of immanence, where the nature of a thing could be wholly contained in its own form.. Ah.. that’s it.. I’ve to make scans or some..thing..” A loud thud suddenly surprised me, I picked up the book and looked at the cover ; gazes & touches. What is this book doing here and oh.. it’s a book with an owner.. it isn’t even a recognized book, I guess I should give it to its owner, he mustn’t be far, it just dropped. I took my belongings and stood up, my eyes searching for someone, that person will probably seek for it so I’ll spot her or him quite quickly I guess.

I saw a man, well his back. Looking at the floor and then at the shelves, it’s him I’m sure. I walked next to him, stretching out my arm, holding the book. I looked at his features quickly and I think it’s a teacher, he’s not looking old but not young enough for studying here.

“Hi, I think it’s yours,” I said while showing him the book. He took it, watching if it wasn’t damaged and a satisfied smiled appear at the corner of his lips. He’s charming.

“Thank you and yes it’s mine indeed. I’m Kim Jin Woo, English teacher,” he said. He’s nice really, it’s the first time I met a teacher with a cool behavior this year.

“I’m Jessica Jung,” we were walking side by side, simply smiling when he broke the silence. He turned his head to look at me and handed me his book. My reflex was to take it and I did but why, I just gave it back.

“Well, it’s a bit awkward I know but I need to know people’s opinion about it. I trust you so give it back to me once you’ve read it,” and he left me alone. I was stunned by how people can trust that easily, is it written “person of trust” all over me or something ? I guess I have to read it, I’ll give him a feedback once I have time.

 

Tonight revisions, tomorrow too. I’m feeling already tired of this life. I walked my way back home when it started to rain, I looked behind me I wasn’t that far from the academy so I rushed back. Maybe if I wait a bit it’s going to stop. The rain was heavy, I was surrounded by the sound of the drops crashing against the cold ground. I closed my eyes a moment, to heart it. Breath, calmly. It was cold and I didn’t have something to wear over my shirt and I was practically freezing. Oh , I haven’t look if I had a reply by miss or mister 1045. I was into my thoughts when I saw this tall girl, passing next to me with only a simple white shirt, walking in the rain like she can’t feel it. My eyes were glued on her back, long brown wavy hair, tall I said.. and tan.. I saw her once.. at the library the other day but I still haven’t seen her face. I made a step and the rain wrapped me in his arms, I was soaked but I couldn’t care, I was hypnotized by her aura. Man.. isn’t that just weird ? She didn’t turn around and walk till the gates and made her way somewhere. The reality hit me, I have to go back take the piece of paper if it’s there and run at home, I don’t want to catch a cold.

 

-----------------------------------------

Enjoyed ? Sorry it's a bit boring but everything that is happening right now will be related to what will happen next.

Kissu.