01.

Rapture

Jessica POV

The sun was gleaming as I was walking along the way. I was wearing a simple purple skirt and a white shirt a bit large for me. My hair was cascading till the middle of my back as I was holding tight some books in my arms. It was my first day in the art academy of Seoul and actually it’s my boyfriend that recommended me this place. He said that a good friend of him is on his last year here and that the lessons are very interesting and with a lot of free time to practice. So I was there, ready for my first day to start. I don’t think that I know people in this academy, it’s a huge one, hard to get into and my friends as long as I know aren’t interested in purchasing their studies in this domain.

I lowered my head to read what was written in the piece of paper above my books. C175. I have to walk along the big aisle in the building B before finally being in the C part. I tried my best to dodge all the people that were blocking my way. I don’t really like crowded places but I guess that I’ve to deal with it. I finally found where it is, I took a glimpse inside and the nervousness started to invade my whole body. I’m a shy person and I’m not a talker so it makes a bit harder when I’ve to present myself to people and they already were all seated at their place. I spotted a little corner with an empty seat that I discretely reached by the back, no one seems to have noticed me and I felt relieved. Seriously, ninja would have been my second vocation. I put down my books, leafing through them when the teacher entered the room. He asked a boy near the windows to open them for letting the sun lighting up the art class and then introduced himself. I’m not taking a special note on his name because we’ll have so many teachers that I don’t where’s the interest to remember whatever name his parents choose to give him. Since he opened his mouth I started day dreaming and playing my pen, watching it twirl between my fingers, it was way more fascinating than what he was talking about. I only was taken out of my little world when I felt all the eyes on me, I Ieft up my head in a slow mo’ before understanding that he asked me my name. I just blurted out ; Jessica.. Jung.. and they all just looked back again, facing the teacher.

The first hour ended quite fast and fortunately what came next were less boring. Even if I tried not to fall asleep many times. They showed us where the rooms where, what is this, what is that, the places where we can revise, write, paint and everything that involves art. I found the library really huge, I’ve never had one that complete and wide, I surely will find what to pass the time. There was a little interior court with benches and some flowers, the roof was open and even if it wasn’t a big place I’m sure it’ll be enough for me to find a bit of peace. We all finally exchanged some words, I preferred staying out of it but I don’t want to appear like a nerd that doesn’t know how to make friends.

 

*°*°*°*

 

This morning was quite boring but I’m glad I came to know what the program is even if I haven’t really took note of what the teachers said. I should have brought a bag with me but I was so late that it just slipped out of my mind and I was walking again the way back to my dorm. Since I’m American and that my family leaves away from here I simply choose to live for a little moment in the campus, they have nice rooms and I don’t need more for the moment, my boyfriend has one too but in his own business university. I reached my room, opening it with one hand before putting my books on my bed and let myself collapse near them. 5pm, it’s not even late but I was feeling so tired. I closed my eyes, resting in my bed like a starfish, so lady-like.

I was falling asleep when my phone rang, I opened one eye before cursing. I really needed to rest but there’s always one person to call me when I’m feeling the most exhausted. I searched on my bag near the bed before finding it, I answered just in time.

“Hey babe,” it was DongHae, I unconsciously smiled. We are together since last year and he’s actually my first boyfriend. I’ve never been attracted to anyone before but he showed me how much he cared and how lovely he can be. I remember that I was rejecting him every time he was proposing to take me somewhere for a date and when I finally accepted, it was really a good choice. He’s a nice men, really honest and I trust him, it’s the most important.

“Hi, how are you ?” I asked him and we started talking about our first day. He’s a bit older than me he’s 22 and I’m 21 but he’s really mature, I’m sure that if one day he succeed in life he’ll be a good manger or boss.

I ended the call, saying as always that I loved him and that I missed him. From now on we only can see each other the week-ends. I can’t say that I feel empty while I’m away from him, of course I’m missing something but it’s bearable, I used to be a loner and that need of being alone never left me. He knows all of that and he’s comprehensive, he doesn’t ask for too much and I think that I give him enough love to erase the doubts he can have about the love I’ve for him.

 

*°*°*°*

 

10pm I was sleeping when I heard some noise outside, but it wasn’t it that called me out. I suddenly remembered about my Korean lessons, I perfectly talk Korean, it’s not a problem but it’s more about my writings. I always wanted to be a writer even if I’m interested in painting, sculpture and just art basically, writing is my thing and I’m used to write in English and not in Korean and I’m not at my ease when it’s about technical analysis, and all that things that I totally hate. They gave me a name of someone that could help me and I’ve to meet him tomorrow. Where’s this paper.. I woke up with difficulty, my hair falling in front of my eyes and I tried my best to keep my eyes open while searching like a zombie with my hands, around the bed where I’ve put this piece of , sorry for the words I’m just tired. And I finally found it, I screwed up my eyes before reading with difficulty the name “Son Dongwoon” Okay, it’s a boy then, nice. I really hope he’s a nice guy and knows how to handle a girl so slow like me. I feel like a burden sometimes, I don’t know why, I’m smart but for some things that really bores me I just don’t evolve, like I’m blocked by my mind that keeps saying “but no.. you don’t need to know..” we all know that, isn’t it ? I just put the paper down, near my phone and went to sleep again. A long day is coming.

 

- - - - - - -

Here's the news chapter, not really long. I'm just settling the atmosphere before starting with the real deal you know. I want you to understand how Jessica thinks, how she is.. even if more is coming. I hope you liked, let me know your impressions. Thank you, really.