[We Need a Break]

I Am What I Am

- The next day

 
"That effing bastard, it's already half past noon and he still isn't awake." DongHae stomped his way into MyungSoo's room, ready to explode at him; but to his own surprise, he wasn't there.
"MyungSoo!?" He called out, half laughing; "This isn't funny."
DongHae stood there for a few seconds, then finally realized; MyungSoo really wasn't there. 
He opened up his closet, nothing. He wasn't in there, and worse; his clothes weren't either. All his dressers were empty as well, all but one piece of paper that had DongHae hyung written on the front.
DongHae looked around as he slowly crept up to grab the paper. He opened it up, sitting himself down on his bed.
 
"Dear hyung, 
We're not the best of friends, we're not even good brothers to each other. I know I'm a burden to you, which is why I don't understand why you have to keep reminding you and I of that. After yesterday's fight, I really didn't know what else to do; but leave. Not like that'll matter to you, because I know you're smiling right now. I bet it's like the best day of your life, isn't it? Well, I don't wanna make this too long; but I just want you to know my side of this hectic story. I NEVER, not even once in my life; wanted anything to do with mom and dad's divorce, or them abandoning us. I was stupid, I'll admit; but I never did any of that to affect either one of us. I love mom and dad, just as much as you did; if not more. You and I never really got along, even with them here. But when they divorced; I felt as if it was the time for you and I to reconnect as siblings, but it only got worse. I'm not saying I blame you, but what the hell did I ever do to you to make you treat me like trash? We're blood. BLOOD. I feel like you forget that. But long story short, this is my goodbye. So please, don't waste your time and try to find me. Have a nice life. You can celebrate now.
- MyungSoo."
 
He read the letter, his hands beginning to shake. "What have I done?"
DongHae cupped his face, stopping the tears falling down his eyes; was he really that bad of a brother, that his only brother left him? 
DongHae searched through his pocket, finally pulling out his cell phone. To his own horror, he didn't even have MyungSoo's cell phone number.
He ran his hands through his hair, there really was no one left to call. He didn't know any single one of his friends, his parents numbers have been erased, but there was hope. His school. "I'm sure that he's made at least one decent friend?"
DongHae ran over to his room, grabbing his car keys and headed out the door; and to MyungSoo's school.
"I can't be this bad of a hyung, this bad I don't even know anything about my own brother's life. Sure, I'm mean to him; but it's to teach him a lesson." He stopped the car on the side of the road, his eyes beginning to swell up. "What the hell, it's fckn' Saturday; there's no school. I literally am the worst brother alive." 
 
- At SungYeol's house
 
"You have to let me stay here." MyungSoo looked up at the Choding, his hands in a prayer stance.
SungYeol looked around, he was lucky Hyuk wasn't home; he fer sure would've said no. He thought for a bit, then the kiss from yesterday came back to him; he wanted to smile, but held that in for now. "I still need a reason on why."
MyungSoo bit his bottom lip, "It's a really long story, and I don't wanna waste your time."
"You're wasting my time right now." SungYeol stood his ground, he wasn't gonna make this easy for him.
MyungSoo looked back up at him, so utterly shocked; he didn't even know what to say. "W-well in that case, I think I should just go." he grabbed his belongings, about to walk right out the door.
SungYeol closed his eyes, but after a moment of hesitation; he yelled out, "Wait!"
MyungSoo smiled, he knew he wouldn't let him go; he turned around, "What?" he snapped.
"You can stay." SungYeol looked down as he spoke, as if he was nervous; but he just wanted his company.
"Really?" MyungSoo dropped his stuff, smiling as he walked back over to him; "Thank you, so so much."
SungYeol nodded his head in approval, "But you do realize that it's so easy for you brother to find you here, right?"
MyungSoo looked around, whistling. When he started to whistle, SungYeol already knew something was up.
"Okay, what's your plan smart ?" SungYeol crossed his arms, waiting for him to speak.
He motioned for SungYeol to come sit down with him on the couch, then just stare at him; "Would you mind not going to school for maybe a month or so?"
"Two weeks?! What, why?" SungYeol questioned him.
MyungSoo covered his face and scratched his head, "I don't think I can take anything right now."
"What's wrong? Look, I know yesterday we weren't really on the same page; I kinda blew you off. You apoligized, then-"
To SungYeol's surprise, MyungSoo shut him up with a kiss to his lips.
SungYeol's eyes widened, he pulled away; "Th-then that happened."
"Homouality may not be a big deal at your school, but to me; it is. It's the first time I've ever opened up about my true feelings. In the past, I've only dated girls; and only girls. I thought was straight as a stick, 'til I met you." MyungSoo looked down, afraid of rejection.
SungYeol was lost for words, lost in his eyes, lost in life, lost in love. "What are you trying to say?"
MyungSoo smiled a small smile, "Like I said yesterday, I'm not to the point where I can flat out say I love you. But I'm to the point where I can honestly say, I need you."
All SungYeol could do was blush, he grabbed onto MyungSoo's hands; and just looked into his eyes. Those eyes, he could stare at forever. "How 'bout a month vacation? Away from school, away from people, away from everything?" 
MyungSoo's face lit up in complete happiness, he hugged the life out of SungYeol; "Thank you Yeol, thank you so much."
 
- At DongWoo's house
 
DongWoo paced back and forth, he looked back at the time once more; "It's already noon, Hoya's supposed to be here by now." 
After that being said, his doorbell rang.
"Guess I spoke to soon." DongWoo shrugged, then took a deep breath; this was probably one of the most serious talks him and Hoya will EVER have.
Hoya waved, shyly though; he could already tell something was up when DongWoo opened up the door, he didn't even smile.
DongWoo put his left hand in his pocket, and scratched his head with his right; "Come in." he said, not even making any eye contact.
Hoya nodded, walking in; he sat down on his couch, as usual. Just looking around, feeling the extreme awkwardness going on between them.
DongWoo closed his eyes, running his hands through his hair as he closed the door. After a couple seconds or so, he turned around to face Hoya. He stood there, and just stared.
Hoya knew he was looking at him, he was waiting for him to make the first move; but he wasn't budging. He looked up, about to speak; but DongWoo cut him short.
"I think you already know why I called you over here today." DongWoo crossed his arms, leaning on the wall.
Hoya bit on his bottom lip, he wanted to cry already; even before they started speaking. "How many times can I say I'm sorry?"
"I think you've said it enough times." DongWoo stayed in his same position, same expression.
Hoya smiled, looking straight up at DongWoo; "You mean, you forgive me?"
DongWoo's face didn't changed, but he nodded; "Yeah. I forgive you."
Hoya got up from the couch, running over to him as he gave him a hug; only to get nothing in return.
DongWoo closed his eyes, he couldn't believe what he was about to do. He slowly pushed Hoya's body away from him.
"B-bwo?" Hoya stuttered, a rush of sadness running down his entire body; "What's wrong?"
DongWoo looked at Hoya's painful eyes, then turned to the left; "We need to end this."
Hoya knew what he was gonna say, he just simply didn't wanna believe it. "End, what?"
"Us." DongWoo flatly said. He grabbed onto Hoya's shoulders, leading him back down on the couch; just looking at him, lost for what to say.
"I thought you forgave me?" Hoya's voice only got louder and louder.
DongWoo tried to calm him down, "It's not you. It's me."
"BULL SHT!" Hoya got up, flailing his arms all over.
"Calm down!" DongWoo yelled back, he was about to speak; but Hoya already started.
"Don't go 'It's not you, it's me' bull sht. If you wanna break up, then just say it. I don't-"
"Fine. It's over." DongWoo calmly said, looking at the ground again.
Hoya dropped his raised arm, holding back those painful tears wanting to just shoot out. He grabbed his snap back, and simply just left.
 
- At the hospital
 
"Come on, you have to drink your medicine!" HyoYeon held the spoon in front of KwangMin's face.
He shook his head, crossing his arms; "That stuff's nasty!" he complained.
YoonA rolled her eyes as she painted her nails, "Hyo, just give up."
HyoYeon stuck her tongue out at KwangMin, then set the medicine back on the table; still holding onto the spoon. "This stuff can't be that gross.." She took a sip herself, only to spit all over KwangMin's clothes; "OH MY GOSH!" 
KwangMin shot up from the bed, "Hyo!" he yelled out, purple liquid flowing onto his bed; "Look what you did!" he pointed to the mess.
HyoYeon scratched her head, "Mianhae." she got up, grabbing some napkins; then the door opened. 
A cocky looking YoungMin walked through the door, smirkish grin on his face; "Saw that comin' a long long time ago." he said, reading something off his phone.
"What are you all smirky about?" HyoYeon looked at him. She never liked him, she basically just tolerated him.
YoungMin smirked once more, holding up his phone; "I knew DongWoo and Hoya would break up sooner or later. No way is there a gay couple that'll last in a high school like ours."
"YoungMin, we go to an all guy high school." KwangMin scratched his head, confused.
YoungMin stood there dumbfounded for a bit, then came back to reality; "Whatever."
KwangMin rolled his eyes, "But when'd they break up?"
"Well.." YoungMin scrolled through his phone, "Hoya's last tweet said, and I quote; If you wanted to end it so bad, why didn't you just do it earlier? #fckyou."
KwangMin's eyes widened, "He really said that?"
"Mhm." YoungMin held his phone to KwangMin's face, who still couldn't believe it.
"DongWoo was that kid with an adorable laugh and a perfect personality, right?" YoonA blew on her nails after questioning them.
Everyone in the room turned to look at YoonA, "You do remember you are taken, right?" HyoYeon reminded her.
YoonA laughed, "Of course! But I wish TaecYeon would learn some tips from DongWoo. He's so precious."
YoungMin wanted to gag, he rolled his eyes; "Fck him. Well 'cause of this, I'm sure they'll be a ton of awkwardness at school Monday."
KwangMin looked at him, "Why do you hate them so much?"
HyoYeon punched YoungMin's arm, "Yah! This is why so many people hate you. You hate the nicest people."
"Ouch!" YoungMin rubbed his arm, "Look, I'm free to like and dislike the people I want to. If you're not gonna agree with me, it's best you just don't even speak."
YoonA knew YoungMin was like that, she just kept denying it; "YoungMin, you're a fckn' jerk."
"Jerk, , douche bag, , whatever. I've been called everything you could say." YoungMin shrugged his shoulders, not giving a care.
YoonA gave up, she's known him for years; yet he still doesn't change. "Forget it." she got up from her seat, rolling her eyes as she slammed the door shut.
HyoYeon ran her hands through her hair, her and KwangMin looking at YoungMin; "You know that YoonA's one of the nicest people you could meet, but when you piss her off; you piss her off."
KwangMin shook his head, "Hyung, I'm in enough pain. YoonA and HyoYeon noona both raised us as kids, the least you could do is respect them both."
"Aish. Annoying people these days." YoungMin got up, following YoonA.
 
- At SungGyu's house
 
WooHyun spat out his water, wiping his face. "Whoa, whoa, whoa; back it up. Did you just say that you and Hoya broke up?"
DongWoo leaned back on the couch, "Didn't I already explain myself earlier?"
"But I thought you guys would at least remain friends?!" SungGyu's voice got louder, even cracking a bit at the end.
"I didn't think he would take it this hard." DongWoo shrugged his shoulders, drinking some water.
"Oh my God." WooHyun ran his hands through his hair, pacing back and forth; "What the fck are we gonna do now?"
DongWoo tossed a ball up in the air, playing catch with himself; "What do you mean?" he innocently asked.
SungGyu looked at WooHyun, then back at DongWoo. He walked over, touching his forehead.
"What are you doing?" DongWoo looked up at him, confused as ever.
"Are you okay?" SungGyu asked, looking at DongWoo's confused face.
DongWoo stood up, smiling and laughing; "I'm perfectly fine, why?"
WooHyun tilted his head, "How could you be so, so normal after just breaking up with Hoya?"
DongWoo was about to speak, but he sat back down; realizing his own homeostasis. "I guess since it was my decision, it doesn't affect me as much?" he shrugged his shoulders.
"But for you to act like Hoya was never a part of your life, it's kinda making things seems sorta iffy." SungGyu sat next to him, pulling down WooHyun as well.
DongWoo narrowed his eyes, "Uhm, are you saying my love for Hoya was just for pretend?"
SungGyu and WooHyun exchanged glances, then both nodded their heads.
"I loved Hoya. I loved him SO much." DongWoo bit down on his lips, closing his eyes as memories just came flooding back into his head.
WooHyun tilted his head, "I don't think it was love."
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" DongWoo snapped.
"Calm down DongWoo, just let WooHyun finish." SungGyu rubbed his back, that always calmed him down.
"I think you fell in love, with pity." WooHyun sighed, just seeing the expression change in DongWoo.
DongWoo looked up at him with pleading eyes, "What exactly does that mean again?"
Although DongWoo may have been older than WooHyun, WooHyun's mind was much more mature and far fetched; "Everyone knows that Hoya's been in love with you. For so long. I feel like the day you finally asked him to be yours, was only 'cause you felt bad for him. Not because you wanted to. You didn't fall in love with Hoya himself, you fell in love with making him happy. If that makes any sense." WooHyun stopped his train of thought, looking up to make sure what he said; actually did make sense.
DongWoo nodded his head after that lecture, it actually all made sense; and he believed it.
"Oh my God."
DongWoo and SungGyu looked at each other as they said the same thing in unison.
WooHyun and DongWoo turned to SungGyu, "What' s up with the surprised face?"
SungGyu held up his phone to show them the text, "SungYeol's asking us to take a month long leave from school. And this city."