Ch. 5 Tao

A Dying Wish

The wall of the hospital were cold and bleak. Silence was around every corner and Tao shivered as a cool breeze caused the hair on his arms to stand up. He rubbed his arms and tried to shake the feeling. Winding around another corner he saw the door he was looking for.

ROOFTOP

Was printed in large letters and Tao pushed on the door as it opened with a creak. Slowly walking up the stairs he could feel the bumps poking through his slippered feet. He gasped as a large gust of cool air pushed against his body. The night sky was dark and hazy. Tao stared up at the stars peaking from behind the clouds. Finding a place to sit he leaned against a wall and stared up. His breath came out in small clouds and he felt his fingers going numb. Ignoring the tingling sensation, he looked up and took in the beauty of the night sky.

Suddenly a star shot across the sky.

'A shooting star!' Tao thought to himself. Closing his eyes he clamped his hands together. 'Please let me meet Kris again.'

The wind blew again and Tao's throat burned. He covered his mouth with his sleeve as rough coughs escaped his mouth. Rubbing his shoulders again he decided it was time to head back to his room. Tao scuttled back to his room and snuggled back into his bed. It was warm and soon he felt sleep covering him in a blanket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tao awoke to a hand being pressed against his forehead. He groaned and tried to brush it away.

"Don't push me away Tao. You're running a fever. What happened last night?" Yixing scolded softly as he scribbled down something on his clipboard. Tao opened his eyes and tried to sit up.

"Nothing happened last night. It's probably nothing." Tao muttered as he avoided eye contact.

Yixing glared at Tao and raised an eyebrow, "Don't lie to me. Did you go onto the roof again?"

Tao gulped and looked away. Yixing clicked his tongue. "I'll take that as a yes. You should really be more careful with your health. This is the second fever you've had in such a short time. I'm getting worried about you."

"I'm fine Yixing. Really it's just a little fever. I'll sleep today and it will be gone by tomorrow."

Yixing sighed, "Fine. I'll trust you. Rest today. No getting out of bed.".

Tao nodded and snuggled back into his covers. Yixing patted the end of his bed and walked out of the room.

Tao closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tao groaned and opened his eyes again. He was thirsty and saw that the water glass on his table was empty. He slowly sat up and threw his legs over the bed. He cracked his back and rubbed his eyes.

His got to his feet and stumbled as the world tipped a little bit. He made his way down the hallway as he clung to the wall. He finally found a set of water fountains and took a long drink. Decided that he needed to pee he went into the bathroom and relieved himself. He was washing his hands when he looked in the mirror and gasped at what he saw.

It had been a while since he last saw his own reflection and he was surprised. He was pale with a sickly green-blue color to his skin. His eyes were hollow and sunken in with bags. His cheeks were also sunken in and sharp. He sighed and ran his hand threw his hair before exiting the bathroom.

When he finally made it back to his room he was exhausted and collapsed into bed. He was resting when the door slid open.

"Leave me alone Yixing. I'm resting like you told me to and haven't been out of bed."

"Umm were you talking to me?"

Tao's eyes opened when he heard a deep husky voice that he didn't recognize, but was familiar.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes to clear his mind, "Kris?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short little update. Sorry that they aren't very long and the quality isn't that great. Bear ith me!

Please comment subscribe and upvote. I really appreciate the support.

:D

LOVE YOU ALL