Ch. 4 Kris

A Dying Wish

WARNING SOME BAD LANGUAGE >.<

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey Kris. How was the hospital. What a ing lightweight." Kris's friend shouted at him as he tossed him a beer.

Kris caught it with one hand, " you man. It as a one time thing."

"Whatever you say. Hey that Kyungsoo was talking to a teacher about his friend who's in the hospital. I bet their gay together."

Kris racked his brain trying to think of who would be in the hospital. His mind drifted to Tao and he raised an eyebrow. "Tao?"

"Yeah! That sounds about right. I bet he's in the hospital for being too gay." Kris's friend started to laugh but was cut off when Kris punched him in the face. "What the hell man?!"

" you. Don't talk about Tao that way. He's a cool guy and you can go to hell."

Kris dumped the rest of his beer on the guy and stormed out. He walked out into the cold air and shivered. He was ditching school again and realized that he would probably get detention again.

Checking his phone he read 5:30pm. He started on his way home. Feeling chilly he pulled out a cigarette and lit it. He inhaled deeply and let out a stream of smoke. His lungs burned, but he felt pleasure. He put out the cigarette on the ground before walking into his home.

"Hey you worthless piece of . Where have you been?" Kris's dad shouted from the chair. The TV was humming in the background as Kris watched his dad finish off another beer and throw the can in the corner where it settled among other cans.

He ignored his father's harsh words and trudged into the kitchen. His mother was bent over the stove stirring soup in a pot. She jumped with Kris opened the fridge and turned around. "O-Oh Kris dear. I didn't know you were home. Your father is in the living room."

Kris took a can of pop from the fridge and opened it, "I know. I saw him. I alread ate dinner. I won't be coming down."

"Alright dear. Your school called again. You should really stop missing class. Your education is important."

Kris glared at his mom who in return winced. Kris's face changed to a sympathetic one and he touched her arm lightly, "I'm sorry mom. I'll go tomorrow I promise."

She smiled and squeezed his hand before returning to her soup.

Kris made his ay to his room and threw himself down on the bed. He sighed and covered his eyes with one arm. He found himself dozing off. After what seemed to be a few hours he was awoken by shouting coming from downstairs. The sound of glass shattering was heard and then more yelling. Kris knew exactly what was going on and put in a pair of headphones before returning to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun peaked through the windows and cascaded down Kris's face. He groaned and rolled over before looking at a clock and seeing it read 7:15. He sighed again and sat up. Itching his head he got up and went to the shower.

He came back minutes later drying his hair with a towel. Remembering his promise to his mom he put on his school uniform and grabbed his bag. He went down the stairs and scoffed when he saw his father passed out on the couch.

He locked the door behind him and began walking to school. More students dressed like he was began to head the same direction and soon the school gates were in view. As soon as he stepped onto school grounds he could hear the whispers.

"Isn't that Kris? Why is he at school?"

"A delinquent is at school? What's the occasion?"

He ignored their stares and comments and walked into the school. Coming into the classroom he picked the seat furthest from the teach and everyone else and zoned out while staring out the window. He didn't even notice when the teacher came in and began to take attendence.

"What is the point of coming to class if you aren't even going to pay attention?"

Kris's attention was snapped up when the teached called him out. He glanced towards the front and saw the teacher along with most of the students staring at him.

"Sorry what was it that you said?" Kris asked with an annoyed look on his face.

The teacher just sighed and moved on. Kris was going to zone out again when a name caught his attention. "Kyungsoo"

Kris's head jerked forward and he searched for the person raising the hand. His eyes fell upon a small boy with large eyes and brown hair.

'So that's the guy who knows Tao. I'll need to catch him before lunch. I told my mom I would go to school not that I would stay for the entire day.'

Class ended soon and the bell rang. Kris shot out of his seat and made his way to Kyungsoo's desk.

"Hey you're Kyungsoo right?"

The boy stared up at him with frightened eyes.

"Hey I asked if you were Kyungsoo, are you?" Kris asked again.

"Y-yes I am why?" Kyungsoo stuttered.

"Do you know Tao? He's staying in a hospital. He has lung cancer."

Kyungsoo's eyes narrowed and he stood up, "Yes I know him. We've been friends for a long time. How do you know him?"

"None of your business. What do you know about his doctor Yixing?"

Kyungsoo shot daggers at Kris before answering with venom in his voice, "Nothing. Again I ask how do you know him?"

"Well you're useless. Thanks anyway shortie. See you around, but hopefully not." Kris walked away while shooting a wave over his shoulder.

Kyungsoo ran after him "Hey! Don't walk away. Where do you think you're going?"

"Now that is none of your business shortie."

"Don't call me shortie!" Kyungsoo shouted while turning a shade of red.

Kris just laughed and continued to walk away.

"Stay away from Tao! He doesn't need a bad influence like you in his life! JERK!" Kyungsoo yelled as Kris disppeared behind the school doors.

'Damn' Kris thought to himself, 'What does everyone have against me getting to know Tao?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Kris, even Kyungsoo is against him when it comes to Tao. Oh well Kris seems persistent. Anyways yay another update! Hope you enjoyed!

Please comment subscribe and upvote! I would really love to know your thoughts :D

Thanks for reading

Lots of love

<3