Ch. 3 Tao

A Dying Wish

Tao sat back in his bed with his back propped up by some pillows staring at the wall. 

'Kris sure is an interesting guy' Tao thought to himself. His thoughts were interrupted when Yixing walked through the door with an irritated look on his face. 

"Ah hello Yixing" Tao said with a smile. The smile fell when Yixing just grunted in reply. "Is something wrong?" Tao asked. Yixing again ignored him and began to work on Tao's check up. "You know, it's rude to ignore someone who is trying to talk to you" Tao tried again faking a hurt tone. 

Yixing sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose with his fingers. "Tao. Can you please just let me do my job? Today has been stressful and you aren't helping any with your constant pestering."

Tao was slightly hurt and clenched his jaw shut. Yixing realized that he had said and snapped his head up. "Oh Tao. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I'm just having a tough day." Tao refused to answer and just stared at the wall avoiding eye contact. Yixing sighed again and resumed his work. 

When he was finished he stood up and look at Tao who was still refusing to make any notice of Yixing's presence. "Tao I really am sorry that I snapped at you" Yixing said quietly. He recieved no response and sadly walked out the door. 

Once the door was closed Tao huffed. How dare Yixing snap at him like that? What did he do to deserve that kind of treatment? 

Playing with the bed sheets he remembered the hurt look on Yixing's face when Tao had continued to ignore him. He began to feel bad. The door opened again and Tao thought it was Yixing forgetting something. 

"Yixing... I'm sorry that.." Tao stopped midsentence when his friend Kyungsoo stood in the doorway with a confused look on his face. "Who's Yixing?" he asked. 

"Oh it's you Kyungsoo... Oh he's no one. What are you doing here?" 

Kyungsoo plopped down at the end of Tao's bed and looked up at him with watery eyes. "Is that any way to treat your hyung who came all the way here to see you?"

Tao sighed, "Fine. Kyungsoo-hyung! I'm so glad to see you! I've missed you all day *buing buing*" Tao squealed in a high pitched voice. 

Kyungsoo rolled at the end of the bed in laugher while Tao just stared at him with judgement in his eyes. 

"Hyung I swear sometimes you are such a kid."

"Yah! Watch who you call a kid dongseng." Kyungsoo tapped Tao on the head. "So to be serious now, how have you been feeling"

"I'm alright. Yixing said that everything is looking good."

"Do you think you'll be able to leave the hospital soon?"

Tao looked down, "I don't think I'll ever leave to be honest."

Kyungsoo took Tao's hand in his, "Dont' say that! You will leave. I promise."

Tao was surprised at Kyungsoo's reaction, but then remembered how Kyungsoo's mom had died of lung cancer in the same hospital he way staying in. "You're right hyung. I'm sure I'll leave soon enough."

Kyungsoo was satisfied with the anwer and smiled. Remembering the real reason he came to the hospital in the first place he opened his bag and pulled out some books. "Here. I brought these for you. I thought you might be getting bored sitting in bed all day."

"Thanks hyung. Oh yeah, Hyung, I wanted to ask you about someone named Kris? Does that name sound familiar?"

Kyungsoo frowned, "Kris? What do you know about him?"

"Nothing really, we just met recently."

"Well please stay away from him. He's a delinquent and a bad influence. I even heard that was a jerk to some of his girlfriends." Kyungsoo pouted. "I don't want my precious Tao being tainted by such a bad character."

Tao ruffled Kyungsoo's hair, "Don't worry hyung. I doubt I'll ever see him again. You should get home. It's getting and I doubt that you've started on any of your studies."

"Aish you caught me. Alright. I'll come by soon. Bye Tao."

Tao waved as Kyungsoo slid the door shut. 

'I wonder what he has against Kris? He seemed perfectly nice when I met him' Tao thought to himself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Kris. Everyone is against him. Well there you go another update *sigh* my motivation for writing is seriously dying. Also I haven't done any of my position papers... sigh..... I'm such a terrible student. Well that's all for now. Thanks for reading! Please comment subscribe and upvote!