Ch. 2 Kris

A Dying Wish

Kris scoffed as he watched one of his friends topple over. He rubbed his eyes cracked his back. His friend came over and dropped a couple pills into Kris's hand.

"What is this?" Kris asked as he eyed the pills in his hand.

"Don't worry about it man. Just take it. You'll feel good."

Kris knew he should have listened to his common sense and said no, but his mind was blank and he felt numb. He tipped his head back and washed the pills down with a swig of alcohol.

His sat back and waited for the medicine to kick in. The room began to spin and his head throbbed. He felt sleepy yet awake as the colors of the room seemed to burst out at him and he noticed small pictures floating around his head. After what seemed to be an hour or so he grabbed his throbbing head and attempted to stand up. Looking around, he saw many teenage bodies littered around the room. The friend who had given him the pills entered the room and smiled.

"Hey man. How did those pills treat you?"

Kris opened his mouth to speak, but a wave of nausea washed over him and he fell to his knees.

"'Dude are you alright?!"

The voice sounded like it was far away. His head throbbed again and he collapsed onto the floor. He saw his friend standing above him with his mouth moving except no sound was coming out. Soon darkness took over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris opened his eyes and blinked a few times. His head was pounding and his stomach churned. He leaned over the bed and vomited. After it settled down to dry heaving he lay back in the bed and looked around. He found himself in a hospital with an IV stuck in his arm. He groaned and the curtain surrounding his bed disappeared.

"Hello. My name is Yixing." The doctor said as he looked Kris up and down. "You came in quite a mess. Lots of drugs and alcohol in your system. We had to pump your stomach a few times, but the rest of it will come out naturally."

Kris groaned again as the sound of the doctor's voice pierced his sensative ears. "What the hell do you want from me?"

"Just taking a few tests. We want to make sure that you'll be alright once you leave the hospital." Yixing said and paused as Kris leaned over the bed and vomited again. "You really should stop with all of the drugs. It's going to come back and haunt you when you're older."

Kris wiped his mouth and sneered, "Shut the up. I don't need to listen to a lecture from a prick like you. Just off already".

Yixing continued to check the monitors unfazed by Kris's foul language. "You should be fine once you finish vomiting. I'll let you rest for a while before I come back with your discharge papers. Please wait in bed until then." Yixing drew the curtain and walked away.

Kris lay in his bed for another few hours vomiting every now and then. Soon the nausea subsided and he was able to sit up. He swung his feet over the bed and stood up. He was a bit wobbly at first, but managed to get his footing. He gently pulled the IV from his arm and winced at the pain. Gently opening the door he look around the corners to check for any nurses or doctors. When he saw no one he quietly made his way down the long hallway. He came to a fork in the hall and decided to go left. He continued on down the long grey hallway as he passed by many rooms and a few windows.

He was about to turn another corner when something caught his eye. Outside of one of the windows a teenaged boy his age sat in a garden. He was beautiful and delicate looking. Kris found it hard to breath and searched for a door that would lead him to the garden. When he found it he quietly slid it open and hid behind a tree.

He watched the boy play with the flowers on the bush beside him and slowly and gently weave them into a crown. He was mesmerized by the boys flawlessly clear skin, blue-black shining hair, and seductive eyes. After a few minutes of looking Kris realized that he probably seemed like a creep and decided he would try to say something. He came out from behind the tree and walked forward a few steps. When the boy still didn't notice him, he cleared his throat.

The boy's head snapped up and he stared at Kris with wide eyes.

"Hello." The boy said in a soft and smooth voice. Kris loved how it soothed his ears and made his heart beat.

"Hey." He winced at the rough sound his voice had compared to the angel in front of him.

Kris made is way over to the boy and sat down on the opposite side of the bench. "So what are you doing right now?"

The boy fiddled with his flower crown, "Just playing with some of the flowers in the garden."

"Ah I see. Well my name is Kris."

"Tao. What are you here for?"

Kris rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Well... let's just say I wasn't feeling well and needed some help. What about you?"

"Throat cancer", Tao said simply.

Kris didn't know what to say. "Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I've had it for as long as I can remember."

They just sat in silence as the wind blew through the trees and the leaves shook.

Kris glanced over at Tao. He really was a beautiful boy. He frowned when Tao started to cough.

"Hey are you alright?" Kris asked as he reached over and patted Tao gently on the back.

*cough* "cough* "yeah" *cough* "I'm fine." *cough* *cough* *cough* "This happens sometimes" Tao said between coughs.

Kris noticed some red liquid seeping between Tao's fingers. His eyes were wide as he stared.

Tao finally stopped coughing and looked over at Kris. He glanced down at his hand and noticed the blood.

"Oh sorry about that", Tao said softly.

"What? No! No! Please don't be sorry. I was just worried about you."

Tao smiled gently and Kris felt his face blush with embarassment. Glancing down at his phone Kris shot up. "Oh !"

"What is it?" Tao asked with wide eyes as he looked up at Kris.

Kris had just remembered that the nurse or doctor was going to come around soon for a check up. "I just need to go do something."

"Alright. Bye." Tao said and went back to his flower crown.

Kris frowned. He wanted Tao to ask him not to go or to imply that he wanted more communication. "Can I come see you sometime?"

"Visit me?" Tao seemed genuinely confused.

"Yeah. Visit you. To talk? Unless you don't want me to." Kris said slowly.

Tao shook his head. "No. You can come. Only if you want to."

"Great. See you around." Kris said with a smile. He walked out the door and turned the corner. He stared out the window as Tao continued to sit in the garden. He looked like an angel in the garden of eden to Kris.

Kris just made it back to his room as the door opened up to reveal Yixing.

"Alright Kris. Huh? You took your IV out?" Yixing frowned. "You really shouldn't do that. It can get dangerous."

"Yeah yeah sorry doc." Kris said. He sat with his legs over the bed. "Can I go now?"

"Yup. Everything looks like it checks out." Yixing scribbled things on his clip board.

Kris stopped before he left the room. "Hey doctor. Can I ask you about someone?"

"mmm?" Yixing muttered still involved with his paperwork.

"Do you know know someone naned Tao?"

Yixing dropped his pen and looked up. He spun around with narrow eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Tao. He's a patient here at the hospital with throat cancer."

Yixing looked away and picked up his pen. "Sorry, but I can't discuss patients with other patients."

Kris frowned, "I know he's here. I just want to know about him."

"Well even if I was allowed to tell you about him, I wouldn't. Tao is a good boy and he doesn't need someone like you corrupting him."

"Someone like me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"You know. A delinquint that drinks and smokes and needs to go to the hospital to have his stomach pumped. Tao has throat cancer. You know that. And being around drugs and alcohol wouldn't do anything, but hurt his situation. So please just do him a favor and stay away."

Yixing brushed past Kris and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2! Yay! I never get sick of TAORIS. Hope you enjoyed this chapter (talking to the few people who have read it).

Please comment, subscribe, upvote, and add me as a friend!

:D

Thank you for reading!