Ch. 1 Tao

A Dying Wish

'The weather is sunny today. I hate the sun.' Tao thought to himself as he squinted against the burning sun.

Pressing the call button he waited for a nurse to enter the room. "Excuse me, can you please close the blinds?" Tao asked politely

The nurse smiled, "Of course dear." She walked over to the window and tugged the blinds down. Tao gave a sigh of relief when the sunlight disappeared from the room. His throat tickled and he coughed lightly into his hand. The nurse frowned, "Tao? Are you feeling alright?" she asked as she gently put her hand on Tao's shoulder.

Tao smiled up at her, "Yes I'm fine." he said reassuringly.

"Alright dear. Just push the button if you need anything. I'll come around in a few hours to give you your medicine and to take your temperature. Yixing was worried about the fever you were running yesterday and wants to make sure everything is alright." The nurse explained as she fluffed Tao's pillows and straightened his blankets.

Tao nodded and leaned back while closing his eyes. He listened as thge nurse's footsteps exited and the door slid shut.

He remembered the fever the nurse was talking about. He had been confined to his bed with chills and a burning sensation that was constant in his head. It lasted nearly two days and they had been hell. Sadly, they were not the worse things that Tao had felt in his life. Yixing, his doctor, had stayed by his side and reassured hinm that it was just a small virus that had managed to get past his immune system although Tao knew what it realy meant; the cancer was still inside of him. As long as he could remember he had been sick. Constantly in the hospital and alone. His only friends were the nurses that took care of him and his doctor.

He opened his eyes and stared up at the grey ceiling. That was his world. Grey. He sighed and tried to sit up. His body was frail so it took great effort. When he finally manged to prop himself up he was slightly light of breath and his lungs wheezed as the air passed through them. The breathing became harder and he struggled to get breath. Soon rough coughs erupted from his mouth and he crushed his hand to his lips in order to surpress them.

After a few minutes the coughs subsidded and he could breath again. He let his head fall back against the pillow and weakly reached up to wipe the sweat that had formed due to the cough attack.

The nurse knocked on the door and opened it. She was pushing a cart with various hospital items on it. She frowned when she saw Tao's condition and walked over. Gently putting her hand against Tao's forehead. "Are you alright dear? You feel warm and don't look very well." she said softly as she brushed some of Tao's bangs back.

Tao closed his eyes at the coolness from her hands and gave her a weak smile. "Don't worry. I'm fine."

The nurse again frowned, "Tao. You always say that you're fine, but you need to tell me when something is wrong. All I want is to see you walk out of this hospital on your own two feet."

"I know. I want that too. Thank you for always being there for me", Tao said.

Satisfied with the response, the nurse went to the cart and grabbed a thermometer. Gently placing it into Tao's mouth she waited a few seconds before taking it out and writing down the amount. Going to the cart again she opened three bottles of medicine and took out a pill from each. She handed them to Tao along with a glass of water and watched as he swallowed each one. The empty cup was put back on the cart and she went to Tao's bedside again.

"You rest now. Yixing is coming around and will want to speak with you" she said as she pulled the covers up over Tao.

Tao just nodded and nestled deeper into the blankets. He again listed to the sound of the nurse leaving and the door sliding shut before falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tao awoke to the door sliding open. He struggled to sit up, but was stopped by Yixing's voice. "Don't get up Tao. I don't want to see you putting any stress on your body. Not after the incident last week."

"Ugh what do you want Yixing?" Tao asked as he rolled his eyes and glared at his doctor who was standing above him with a smile on his face.

Yixing grabbed a chair and sat beside Tao. "Well it looks like your fever is lower although the temperature that was recorded is still slightly above normal at 99.8 degrees. I'm thinking that it will lower back down by tomorrow. Aside from that everything seems alright. You took your medicine and have been resting a lot lately."

Tao listened to Yixing's speech and just nodded every now and then.

Yixing glanced over at Tao and noticed that he wasn't paying attention. "Alright then all that I need to do now is take your temperature" he said as he pulled a thermometer from his pocket and cleaned it on his sleever. This caught Tao's attention and he frowned.

"But the nurse already took it."

"Orally right?"

"Yes...?"

"Well this time we need a more accurate reading" Yixing said with a smile.

Tao narrowed his eyes, "What do you mean by 'more accurate'?".

Yixing just smiled as he waited for Tao to realize what he meant.

Tao's eyes widened and he shot up, "Yah! Get out you erted doctor!" he shouted as he swatted at Yixing.

Yixing laughed and got up from the chair, "You're so adorable".

"I'm 17 Yixing. I'm going to be an adult soon. Please treat me like one" Tao said sternly as he stared at his doctor watching from the door.

Yixing raised his hands in defense and shrugged his shoulders, "Alright alright. Fine. You wise adult. I will leave you to your adult thoughts" he said sarcastically.

"Get out" Tao said.

Yixing continued to laugh as he slid the door close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Chapter 1 is done! Woohoo let me know what you think :D I think this is going to be a good one!

Ummm yup just a lame author rambling on because she feels like she should leave a long note for a first chapter of a new story.

Hmm maybe if I hit enter a bunch of times then it will look longer.

Hehe. So sneaky.

Just kidding. I'm just lame.

Ok.

Bye!

XOXO