Chapter 8

Pure

Good. I hate people getting hurt.
It was the first time Luhan has ever expressed his feelings, and Sehun knew hate was a strong word.
No one likes seeing other people hurt, unless they were sadistic, but why does Luhan have hatred towards it, so strong that he had to run away?
Sehun wondered what in hell happened to Luhan that made him this way.
He glanced at said boy, who was still curled up in a ball underneath his blankets, snoring lightly.
Sehun felt his own eyelids getting heavier and heavier, and he slowly drifted off to dreamland.
Until an ear-piercing scream dragged him back.

"Luhan!" Sehun tumbled out of bed and scrambled across the room to Luhan's bed.
Luhan was kicking his legs and arms around wildly, letting out high pitched cries that suffocated Sehun.
Sehun gritted his teeth as he shielded his face with one arm and tried to grab Luhan's with the other.
Luhan's bony arm whacked his defending arm and Sehun quickly reached out and clamped his fingers over the thin limb.
Then Luhan's knuckles connected with his face, causing Sehun to grunt in pain.
He tried to grab the other arm but Luhan's free hand smacked into his nose again.
Sehun ignored the stinging pain and pulled Luhan's wrist into his fingers, then threw his body over Luhan's, restraining him from lashing out.

"Lu, stop! It's me, it's Sehun!" Sehun cried and shook Luhan's wrists gently in his hands, hoping desperately that the other would calm down.
Luhan was still screaming and trying to push Sehun off of him, but Sehun pushed down harder.
The thin boy wasn't strong enough, but his screams became more violent and Luhan hadn't stopped thrashing his arms and legs around.
Sehun released his grip on Luhan and with a quick movement he circled his arms around Luhan's knobby shoulders, holding onto the small body under him for his dear life.

"Please Lu, stop... Please stop..." Sehun felt a heart-stabbing pain in his chest and he sobbed into Luhan's neck, letting the other hit him as much as he wanted.
I don't know what to do.
Sehun thought miserably and without realizing it he was wailing like a small child.
When his senses returned to him, the room was quiet again, with only his heavy breathing echoing.
Luhan's pajamas was damp from Sehun's tears, and the boy laid limp in his arms.
Sehun sniffed and let a few more tears escape his eyes before climbing off Luhan's bed and sliding down onto the floor, leaning against the bed.
His back felt like it was on fire from the punching and kicking, and his arms were numb from the weight of both his and Luhan's bodies laying on them.
The young boy lowered his head helplessly, tears blurring his vision once again.

 

Luhan had been avoiding Sehun since that night.
He stayed as far from Sehun as he could, and he ran away whenever Sehun tried to talk to him.
He slept on the sofa with his blankets and he skipped meals, his plate always ending up untouched on the kitchen counter.
Sehun hadn't told anyone what happened, but he figured the others probably already knew from Luhan's screams.
Their home room teacher took Sehun aside and asked him if he was abused, and that violence was not tolerated in the school.
The last thing Sehun wanted was for Luhan to be in that cold, dirty cell all alone, so he lied and told him he tripped over the sofa when he went to get a drink from the kitchen.

"Luhan hasn't eaten for two days." Sehun mumbled to himself and pushed his plate away.
The burning sensation lingered on his back, and the ugly bruise on his nose and cheek was still there for everyone to see.

"So have you, Hun-ah." Tao glanced at Sehun and sighed.
Sehun looked up to see pairs of concerned eyes, and he suddenly felt really bad for worrying the others.
It hadn't even been a week since his arrival and he was already causing so much trouble for the rest of the boys.

"I'm really sorry, I just... I'm sorry for burdening you all with-"

" you, Sehun!" Kai cried suddenly and stood up, kicking Sehun and causing him to fall over.

"Don't ing apologize! You know damn well what happened was not your ing fault. But you know what's your fault? For being an insensitive little to Luhan!" Kai threatened to kick him again, and D.O shot up from his seat and threw his arms around Kai's middle to restrain him.
Kris and Suho ran after D.O and helped him drag the furious boy away behind the corner.
Insensitive...?
Sehun felt hurt that Kai thought he was insensitive towards Luhan, but he was more puzzled by how he seemed that way to Kai.

"What Kai means... is that you haven't put yourself in Luhan's perspective." Lay said slowly and his lips before continuing.

"Imagine, waking up from a restless night's sleep to find bruises on your roommate that weren't there the night before, and you know you have a habit of thrashing around in your sleep."
Oh .
Sehun understood how horrified and guilty Luhan must have felt, and he found it hard to breathe all of a sudden.

"And then your roommate comes and tries to talk to you like nothing happened. How would you feel?" Lay left Sehun with that and walked away, presumably to check on Kai.
There was a grimy pain in Sehun's chest and his throat felt dry.
His trachea was so tight he had to breathe through his mouth.
What have I done?
Sehun clenched his fists and held back the angry tears that welled up in his eyes.

"I think you should find Luhan and talk to him." Baekhyun held out his hand, offering to help Sehun up.
Sehun nodded weakly and let Baekhyun pull him to his feet, then slowly made his way out of the dormitory building.
The school grounds were eerily quiet during the lunch hours where everyone was eating inside, and Sehun let himself wander around, taking his time to recollect his thoughts.
He hadn't tried looking for Luhan because Luhan running away from him definitely meant he didn't want to be found.
He knew that Luhan would be at the running track though, so as soon as he felt ready he ran towards the running track.
He was sure that Luhan would be sitting on the bench alone, staring off into the distance and digging his shoes into the ground like a child.
He froze when he arrived.
The track was empty.
There was no Luhan at the bench, or in the vast field of green and white behind it.
Sehun sprinted towards the bench and looked around him frantically, but the dark haired boy was nowhere to be seen.
Sehun felt his hot tears scorching his eyes, and he let out a frustrated scream.
He dropped himself onto the bench and cried angrily.

"You thought you knew Luhan so ing well! You thought you knew for sure that he would be here and guess what, he isn't and you have no ing clue where he is! He hasn't eaten for days and knows he might have passed out somewhere from starvation and it will be your ing fault!" Sehun shouted and thumped his fists on the bench.
He cried out and vented his frustration by repeatedly slamming his hands on the bench.

"No!"
Sehun stopped.
It was Luhan's voice, coming from behind him.

 

 

Author's Note:

Ooooh. Cliffhanger.

Is Sehun going crazy or will Luhan be there??