Chapter 13

Pure

Why have I never watched the sun set before all this?
Sehun wondered as the red giant before him slowly descended to the horizon.
Luhan was perched on the bench next to him, his hand clasped inside Sehun's firmly.
He was starting to think like the thin boy.
The transition from bright to soft colors of the same hue, the changing position of the sun, the slowly decreasing intensity of light all appealed to him.
And he knew it was what Luhan liked too.

"Let's go." Sehun gently tugged at Luhan's hand and stood up once the sun was completely out of their sight and darkness was starting to engulf them.
He shoved his free hand into his jeans pocket and gazed at Luhan.
The smaller boy was looking down at his feet as he took each step carefully, the long sleeves of his white v-neck jumper swaying slightly as he walked.
His eyes were clouded with innocence, completely focused on his feet or the ground underneath.
A curious smile creeped onto Sehun's lips as he watched Luhan, wondering what was on the smaller boy's mind.
He didn't want to break Luhan's concentration though, so he simply observed him while he swung their intertwined hands back and forth a little.
Then Sehun himself stepped on a particularly dry leaf in the grass, and it made a loud crisp sound as it crumbled under his Nike Air's.
Luhan's eyes darted over towards the broken leaf that Sehun left behind, his eyes sparkling brighter than ever.
Oh.
Sehun chuckled with glee, finally realizing what Luhan was doing.
He was listening to the grass crunch under his shoes.
An idea came to Sehun suddenly, and he grinned widely at Luhan.
The pale boy sent Sehun a confused look when he stopped walking, then widened his eyes when Sehun took off his shoes and socks completely out of the blue.

"Let's walk like this." Sehun beamed at Luhan, waving his hand in attempt to urge the other boy to follow.
Luhan almost too eagerly complied, hurriedly slipping off his white sneakers and socks and held them in one hand like Sehun did.
Sehun giggled at the cute action and held Luhan's other hand, and the two started walking slowly and purposefully, listening to and feeling the soft damp grass under their feet.
Sehun had never felt more alive.
He wanted to capture that moment in his heart forever, with the natural green carpet sinking a little whenever he took a step, the soft rustling it made, and the breath-taking smile on Luhan's face.
For the first time in years, the world didn't seem like such a bad place to Sehun.
In fact, it was beautiful.
Sehun knew though, without Luhan, the world wouldn't be half as beautiful as it was right then.
The two walked all the way to the edge of the field barefooted, and halted when they reached the tarmac road leading up to their dormitory building.

"Hey, hold these for me for a second?" Sehun released Luhan's hand and held out his shoes at him, and the latter took it wordlessly.
Just as Luhan was about to put his own socks back on, Sehun scooped him up without warning and carried him bridal style.

"S-Sehun!" Luhan let out a delicate gasp and held onto the back of Sehun's t-shirt tightly.

"Don't let go." Luhan squeaked, turning slightly paler as he buried his face into Sehun's shoulder.
Sehun felt a little bad for holding him without his consent, so he slowed down his pace a little and breathed into Luhan's silky hair.

"Never." Sehun promised, planting a little kiss on the crown of Luhan's head.
Luhan quivered under the strong boy's gentle gesture and nodded weakly.
Sehun figured that it wasn't that Luhan didn't trust him.
Luhan probably didn't like being high up with the way he reacted, and Sehun tried his best to reassure him that it'd be alright.
Slowly, the smaller boy relaxed into Sehun's arms and he loosened his tight grip on Sehun's t-shirt.
His eyelids closed half way, and Sehun purposefully slowed his pace ever more and rocked the light boy lightly.
The mere two minute walk back to their dormitory building took three times as long.
Sehun wished it lasted longer.

 

"Welcome back! Did you guys have- oh." Suho immediately clamped his mouth shut when he saw the way Luhan's eyes were closed and his body slumped in Sehun's arms.

"Nice day?" Suho whispered instead, taking the shoes and socks laying across Luhan's abdomen away.
Sehun gave a small knowing smile and carefully walked sideways into the narrow corridor.
He nudged the door to their bedroom open, careful not to bang the door against the wall and laid the sleeping boy on his bed.

"I'll be back, Lu." Sehun left a small peck on Luhan's forehead and backed out of the room, closely the door shut quietly.
He made him way into the room next to his.
Sehun stood in front of the door and bit his lip nervously.
He hadn't actually been in any of the other dorms other than his own.
He hesitated before finally knocking and entering without waiting for Xiumin or Chen to tell him to.

"Oh hey Hun-ah! How was your little date with Luhan?"
To Sehun's surprise, it was Tao who greeted him.
He was in bed with Xiumin, his long limbs wrapped around the short boy and head in the crook of his neck.
Xiumin flashed Sehun a little apologetic smile.
Kris simply nodded at Sehun, his expression darker than the night itself.

"Uh... It was fine. And it wasn't a date." Sehun wasn't sure how he should react to the comical sight before him, and he gave them all a twisted smile.

"I was just gonna tell you guys and Chen that Lu is-... Luhan is asleep, but Chen isn't in here so I guess it's not a problem?" Sehun could feel his faced redden at his slip of the tongue, and he awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"Oh believe me, ChenChen hyung makes noise wherever he goes. He might be in Chanyeol and Baekhyun's room, Let's go check." Tao untangled himself from Xiumin and jumped down from his bed, then led Sehun to the opposite room.
Tao didn't even bother knocking, simply pushing open the door and walking in casually.

"Hey y'all, apparently Luhan's asleep so- holy never mind." Tao jumped back and slammed the door and hurriedly dragged Sehun away to the room diagonally opposite Chanyeol and Baekhyun's.

"What's going on?"

"Something that'll ruin your innocence, young Sehun." Lay mused as Tao forcefully pulled Sehun into his room.
Suho and Chen were folding clothes, and they pretended they didn't hear what Lay said, but the pink tint on their cheeks amused Sehun.

"It's called make-up ." Tao not-so-subtly whispered, earning a whack on the head by Chen.
I'm not that innocent.
Sehun sniffed and looked away while Suho scolded Tao for 'corrupting the maknae's mind', and that 'Chanyeol and Baekhyun have a beautiful friendship'.

"Ow! Sehun's mind is already corrupted! He kissed Luhan already!" Tao protested and rubbed the sore spot on his head, muttering 'beautiful friendship my , they were ing like rabbits' under his breath.
Then the door busted open again, and an angry looking Kai stalked right up to Tao and glared at him.

"Shut up Tao! We can hear you even in our room, D.O's trying to study!"
Sehun found how hot-headed Kai always was scary.
But then in a way, he was like Luhan, except he was actively protective over his friends especially D.O.

"Yah! It's Tao hyung you little ." Tao rolled his eyes, but nonetheless lowered his voice to a stage whisper.

"Whatever. Just keep it down." Kai stormed off, leaving Tao clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"Think I should be getting you and Jongin to help me with chores on Sunday instead of Jongdae. You two probably need the calming exercises more." Suho smirked as he stacked a white shirt which Sehun recognized as Luhan's on top of other clothes.
Chen chuckled quietly and messily folded a white t-shirt before throwing it in Suho's lap.

"I'm not the one with ADHD, Umma. ChenChen hyung is." Tao gave Chen a playful poke, making the latter abandon his chores and push Tao over.

"Anyways, Luhan is asleep so- ow, hyung! No punching! Luhan is asleep so we can't be noisy. Hyung, no fighting, remember! Hugs, hugs." Tao shoved Chen off him and extended his arms out.
Chen tackled Tao with a bear hug and snuggled up tightly in the tall boy's chest.

"Yeah, we're teaching him not to hit and hug instead." Tao caught Sehun's confused expression and gave a wry smile as he patted his parasite's back.
Sehun felt comforted that Chen was sent to the school instead of being anywhere else.
He knew for a fact that no one would be as patient and accepting with him as the boys in their dorm here, just as they were with D.O, Luhan, or himself.
He looked at Suho, who was smiling proudly at Chen while the latter rubbed his face on Tao's chest lovingly like a kitten.
He probably doesn't get enough credit for managing a difficult bunch like us.
Sehun dropped himself down next to Suho and reached into the laundry basket.

"Suho hyung." Sehun called quietly as he folded the t-shirt in his hand neatly, swallowing the lump in his throat when he felt Suho's gaze.

"Thanks for taking care of us all. Must be real hard." 

"Hey, it's my job. Plus you learn to love the people you take care of. I think you can definitely relate to that."
Yeah, I can.

 

 

​Author's Note:

Fluff.

Fluff everywhere.

It's not Flangst if there's no Angst though *evil cackle*

And sorry for all the Baekyeol.

i can't contain my Baekyeol feels with EXO 1st box asdgdhfjfkdak

K bye.