Chapter 12

Pure

"I don't know what this is, and it scares me." Luhan exhaled shakily against Sehun's neck, his warm and moist breath alerting Sehun.
Sehun immediately closed in his arms so he was as close to Luhan as he could possibly be.

"Lu, I don't want to force you into anything. We can stay this way forever, and I'll always be here. Next to you." Sehun knew he probably sounded childish and silly, but he meant it.
The only place he would ever be was wherever Luhan was, and there was nowhere he would rather be.
Luhan fell quiet, and the two boys simply sat in bed, holding onto each other.
There was a mutual understanding between them, of how much they needed and depended on each other, and a silent promise was made.
Time seemed to have stood still for them.
They spent the night in each other's arms, sharing their warmth, feeling the way their hands fit together, listening to their hearts beating in sync.
When the first wisps of sunlight came through the window, Sehun looked down to see Luhan's eyes shut firmly and his pink lips parted lightly.
He wasn't sure when Luhan had fallen asleep or when they laid down, but a wash of relief came to him when he saw that Luhan was still tucked into his chest safely, sleeping without disturbance.
Deciding that Luhan would have a good night's sleep, Sehun slowly closed his eyes and within seconds he was joining Luhan in dreamland.

 

"I can't believe this!!"
Sehun shot up in bed at the loud voice, looking around him in alarm.

"What!? He looked like he needed a wipe down!"
Sehun realized the noise was coming from outside his room, and he sighed in annoyance.
Luhan stirred next to him, and Sehun looked down to see that the thin boy was wide awake, his bright eyes filled with concern and confusion.

"Go back to sleep, I'll go check on that." Sehun patted Luhan's shoulder, and left the smaller boy in bed while he went to see what all the noise was about.

"No he doesn't! Taurus hates water!!"
Sehun walked into the living room to find their dormmates clustered around in the living room, with Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the middle.
Sehun looked in disdain at the stuffed teddy bear clutched tightly in Chanyeol's hand.
They're arguing over a toy?

"Oh hey, come to watch the show I see." Tao smirked as soon as he noticed Sehun, then quickly returned to the arguing couple.
He had his arms crossed and was leaning against the wall with a playful smile on his lips.

"But he has drool all over him and-"

"No Baekhyun! Taurus does not touch water!!" Chanyeol shouted and pointed the damp doll at Baekhyun, staring hard at him to get his point across.

"Ah, lovers' quarrel. If only I had some popcorn and a soda. Then it'll be perfect." Chen sighed next to Tao, looking genuinely entertained by his peers.

"Hey, in all seriousness I feel Chanyeol's pain. I still remember that time when Tao put Ace in the washing machine... If it wasn't for Suho, Ace would be pocket size right now." Kris grimaced at the thought, earning a few snickers from around.

"Fine!! Whatever, it's not like I care about your stupid toy!!" Baekhyun suddenly raised his voice and stormed out of the dorm.
Chanyeol huffed and held onto his toy on the sofa, and soon the other boys dismissed themselves.

"I thought Chanyeol hyung fancied Baekhyun hyung or something? He's arguing with him over a doll?" Sehun turned away from the disturb sight of the tall grown man cuddling a stuff toy and poked Tao's shoulder.

"Oh, well, you see. That doll is named after Baekhyun's zodiac sign. In other words a mini Baekhyun. Not to mention a cheap version, the kind that shrinks instantly if you put it anywhere too damp. So yes, Chanyeol did just argue with Baekhyun over Baekhyun." Tao winked at Sehun, then faked a yawn and dragged Kris back into their room.
What a bunch of weirdos.
Sehun shook his head wryly and went into his own room.
Luhan was sitting up in bed, staring at Sehun with expectant eyes.

"Apparently a small argument between Chanyeol hyung and Baekhyun hyung that involves a stuff toy, no biggie." Sehun shrugged and lifted the fleecy blankets to climb back into Luhan's bed
The bottom few buttons of Luhan's pajama shirt had become undone from his stirring, and Sehun's eyes were drawn to the pale abdomen instantly even though its owner didn't seem to notice.
Sehun was speechless.
Luhan's concave stomach dipped in so much his ribcage and hipbones were jutting out horrifically.
This is unbelievable.
Sehun couldn't believe what he saw, and he was trying hard to suppress the shock bubbling up in his chest.

"Lu..." That was all Sehun managed to wheeze out.
Luhan followed Sehun's trail of sight and let out a small gasp, then hurriedly reached down to do the buttons up.

"I'm sorry." 
No.
Sehun grabbed Luhan's hands and clasped them tightly in his own, feeling tears welling up in his eyes.
It all hit him like a train.
Why Luhan ate so little; because his stomach couldn't hold more than a couple of bites.
Why he always felt so cold; because he barely had anything on his body to keep him warm.
Why he sat out in gym class; because even living was tiring for him.

"Sehun, listen to me."
That was the first time Luhan asked for Sehun to listen to him.
Sensing the urgency in his voice, Sehun looked up into Luhan's mocha eyes through his misty vision.

"I'm not anorexic. I just... never had anything other than bread crusts or vegetable peels to eat."
Oh god.
Pain shot up Sehun's chest, and he cried out and held Luhan's bony fingers up to his face.
Luhan remained calm as always as he stretched his thumbs out and wiped the falling tears from Sehun's cheeks.

"Don't cry, Sehun."
Sehun couldn't take it anymore.
Sehun was scared less by the fact that Luhan was literally skin and bones, yet he was being such an angel, always caring about the others more than himself.
Luhan knew it'd scare the others, including Sehun.
He hid himself away, in fear of terrorizing the others with the horrid sight of his skinny body.
He was struggling through life every day, and all he could think about was the other boys' wellbeing.
Only someone like Luhan could do that.
Someone so pure.

"Luhan." Sehun choked out and cupped Luhan's cold face in his hands.
He leaned in with desperation and closed the distance between them.
A few more tears escaped his eyes and Sehun could taste the saltiness as he gently connected his and Luhan's lips.
I love you.
I love you I love you I love you.

Sehun hoped with all his will that Luhan would understand his thoughts like he always did through the kiss.
Magically, Luhan responded to the kiss, copying and moving his lips along to Sehun's.
Sehun felt his heart race when Luhan slowly circled his arms around his neck, pulling their bodies closer.
I love you so damn much Luhan, you have no idea.
Sehun pushed deeper into the kiss, tucking Luhan's hair behind his ears and tenderly running the back of his hand down his face.
Luhan relaxed into his touch and breathed out, sighing softly.
Sehun's whole body tingled with joy, and he led on Luhan's bottom lip with great care.
He couldn't get over how amazingly soft and plushy Luhan's lips were, or how sweet he tasted.
Plus the usual familiar rosy scent that Sehun loved so much was radiating off Luhan's skin, and Sehun decided if he had to die right on the spot then, he wouldn't have any regrets.
When he was kissing Luhan like this, everything was enough and it all felt right.
We belong together.
Sehun lost himself in the kiss, and it was only when Luhan patted his chest lightly that he reluctantly parted from him, and gazed longingly at the boy before him.
Luhan was panting a little, his cheeks and lips bright red, and the perspiration on his skin made him look like he was glowing.
All that's missing is a pair of white wings.
Sehun's heart skipped a beat at his dazzling masterpiece and he marveled at Luhan a little longer before gathering the boy in his arms.
He stared deeply into his lovely doe eyes.
His face was clearly reflected on the dark brown orbs, and it brought a small onto Sehun's face.
He pressed a small kiss on the corner of Luhan's full red lips, then breathed out the thoughts on his mind.

"You're beautiful, Lu."

 

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update >_<

I was super busy and couldn't write...

But now I'm back yehet.

Expect more cringe-worthy and cheesy Flangst soon.

Kkaebsong~~