Chapter 11

Pure

"Tao, Kris, clear up! It's game night!" Chen yelled as he ran past Kris and leaped over the sofa to reach the table.

"That's Kris hyung for you." Kris grumbled and ushered Kai out of his way while balancing eight plates and a pot in his hands and nudging Tao into the kitchen with his foot.
Sehun looked around in confusion.
Everyone, apart from Luhan and himself were huddled around the table in the middle of the living room, chatting excitedly.
Even D.O seemed extra jumpy, shifting around in his seat and drumming his fingers on his whiteboard.

"Hyung, what's going on?" Sehun sat down next to D.O and asked, dodging an arm swing from Chanyeol, who was too excited to notice he's only millimeters from smashing Sehun's face in.


It's game night every Saturday.


"Game? What kind of game?" Although the word was meant to be associated with fun, Sehun couldn't help but feel terrified at the idea.


You'll see.


A rare mischievous grin rode on D.O's face.
This can't be good.
Sehun's first instinct was to grab Luhan and run, but two large hands clamped him down and he couldn't budge.
He ended up holding onto Luhan's arm while squirming in his seat.

"Alright. We'll explain the rules for our newbies' benefit. Basically, it's 007 bang. But of course, we have extra rules just to make it more interesting. You're not allowed to speak or show your teeth. If you lose five times or break either of the extra rules, you're getting a forfeit. Which will be decided by the rest of us." Kris smirked.
We're in for some deep .
Sehun whined under his breath.

"Chill Hun, at least you don't get Indian Bap like normal 007 bang." Tao elbowed Sehun.
Yeah, that doesn't help at all.
Sehun exhaled uncomfortably and glanced at Luhan.
The thin boy stared ahead of himself blankly, but Sehun noticed he had slipped his ice-cold yet sweaty hand into Sehun's hand and his face was paler than usual.
Sehun squeezed Luhan's hand to try and reassure him that it'd be alright, but he felt like it came across more as a nervous reflex and it made Luhan more anxious.

"It's interesting isn't it? The way people entertain themselves in difficult circumstances. Like the kids in Brazilian slums play soccer barefooted in a field without sidelines and water bottles as their goals.." Suho remarked, earning groans from around the room.

"Suho hyung, let me remind you again that we're not here because we're poor. Now can we start the game?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes and leaned into Chanyeol's side. 

"We'll go easy on you." Chanyeol flashed a toothy grin at Sehun and Luhan.

"I won't." Kai snorted.
Well let's hope it doesn't come back and bite you in the then.
Sehun shot bullets with his eyes at the tanned boy, who playfully stuck his tongue out at the former.
Little did he know, luck wasn't on his own side.
An hour later, Sehun was sulking on the ground, the others snickering at the young boy's misery.

"Ooh, let's have someone who hasn't given a forfeit for a long time... Lay, it's your call tonight." Suho let out an evil chuckle before slapping Lay's back.


Lay hyung gives the nastiest forfeits.


Sehun raised an eyebrow at D.O'a statement and gave him an annoyed eye roll.
Thanks for the heads up.
Lay jumped a little at the sudden body contact, then he stood up and stared Sehun up and down before grinning devilishly.

"Young Sehun, your forfeit will be... to kiss someone in this room. Ten seconds."
. I knew it'd be something like that.
Sehun hung his head low, wishing for the ground to open up and swallow him forever.

"Hey, that's easy! Kris hyung made me run laps in the track at midnight!" Tao pulled an unamused face and glared at Kris, who simply shrugged with a smug smile.

"That's because Kris wanted to see you and sweaty. Besides, we always go easy on new kids if they get forfeits. When ChenChen first came D.O made him wear his clothes backwards to class the next day and reply to everything with 'monkey feces'." Xiumin giggled and sent Sehun a small smile.

"You'd probably want to get this over and done with, Sehun-ah. So, who's the lucky guy?" Baekhyun asked, and Chanyeol protectively wrapped his arms around him and shot threatening glares at Sehun.
Kris pretty much shielded Tao from Sehun's sight and Kai straight up pulled D.O onto his lap.
Sehun sighed.
There's only one person I'm not revolted by the thought of kissing anyway.
His eyes wandered over to Luhan, connecting them with Luhan's big wide eyes, silently asking for approval.
For once, he couldn't read what Luhan had on his mind.
It was evident that the thin boy was shocked, but Sehun had no idea if Luhan would mind being kissed by someone like him.
Suddenly self-conscious, Sehun avoided Luhan's gaze and slowly shuffled closer to him.
.
Sehun's eyes had lowered and landed on Luhan's lips.
He remembered the way he felt when he studied those lovely pink lips the night before and where his thoughts led him.
The longer he looked at them, the more Sehun felt hot and lightheaded.
He forced himself to look up, and found that Luhan no longer looked shocked.
He looked peaceful and still, as if he'd just accepted the fact that Sehun was going to kiss him.
Sehun took a shaky breath and closed in on Luhan.
He could feel Luhan hitch his breath when their lips touched.

"1, 2, 3..."
Sehun was scared that he'd hurt Luhan and he might hate him after this, but a small part of him told himself that Luhan would be upset if he kissed someone else.

"4, 5, 6..."
Maybe Sehun was just too naive, believing that Luhan felt the same way as he did.
Luhan might not even care if he had chosen someone else.

"7, 8, 9..."
Luhan would probably think he's tainted by Sehun.
Maybe that's why Luhan didn't like it when I called him pure.

 

"I'm sorry." Sehun whispered.
He guessed that he had been holding Luhan's hand for twenty minutes, and surely the thin boy must have fallen asleep.
Sehun felt at ease to confess his feelings, even though he knew it was cowardly.

"I'm sorry I kissed you. It's just... well, I don't really want to kiss anyone else and also I was dumb enough to think maybe you'd mind if I kissed someone else. Just... yeah." Sehun's voice trailed off into a small sigh.
He roughly rubbed his face with his free hand and sighed into his palm.

"I would mind." The voice was soft and faint, but undoubtedly Luhan's.

"You-you would?" Sehun jumped and choked on his words, feeling the seemingly limp hand in his own come to life again, squeezing their fingers together.

"Yes." Luhan sounded so sure that all the doubts Sehun had vanished within a second.
He decided to dig deeper.

"Were you happy that I chose to kiss you?" 

"Yes."
Sehun could feel his poor heart beating hard against his chest, so hard that it felt sore.
His stomach was tying itself in knots and Sehun's breathing turned shaky and uneven.
The poor boy just couldn't contain his feelings.
Sehun pulled Luhan up and threw his arms around Luhan's shoulders.

"Lu..." He called softly when he felt Luhan's thin arms snake around his torso.

"When you kissed me... I understood that it's not just a meaningless kiss to do with a forfeit. I understood how you felt about me, the worries you had. Sehun... I feel the same way too."

 

 

Author's Note:

Oh here let me ruin your feels...

MONKEY FECES.

*evil cackle*

Return of the author.