Chapter 1

Pure

"You will stay there until you learn your place."

 

Oh Sehun wasn't stupid.
In fact, he was one of the cleverest kids his age.
With his brains, he'd have no problem getting into the most prestigious schools in Korea.
But there was one thing keeping him from all that.
His parents wanted him to. And therefore he didn't want to.
He deliberately handed in all assignments and exam papers just the way he had received them, and when teachers and the principal confronted him, he just gave them piercing stares.
It was no surprise when he got kicked out and transferred to a special school.
Say bye bye to your perfect son and to hell with your high expectations.
The corner of Sehun's mouth twitched into a half grin as he stood outside his new principal's office, whom his parents were speaking to inside.
He was pretty certain they wouldn't even have come if it was just any other school.
They had never been there when he was receiving scholarships and awards from his previous principals, but they always rushed to their offices as soon as they were called in to have meetings about Sehun's inappropriate behavior in school.
It was pretty ironic how they never appeared at his most glorious moments, only ever his worst.
Sehun could vaguely hear the principal telling his parents he'd find out more about whether he had a personality disorder or not, and either way he'd make sure he was well taken care of.
Bull.
Sehun chuckled wryly and dragged his suitcase closer to him.
He avoided his parents when they finally emerged from behind the old wooden doors, knowing full well they were doing the same.
They hurried past him and disappeared down the end of the corridor.
Sehun wrinkled his nose nonchalantly, and he focused on tuning out while the principal spoke to him as he led the young boy to his class.
The short stout man's thick raspy voice was starting to annoy Sehun, and he was glad when he finally left him at his new class.

"Oh Sehun." Sehun dumped his suitcase beside the door and walked onto the platform at the front, keeping a neutral facial expression although he was groaning in annoyance inside.
Thick dust floated around in the very little sun rays that shone into the room.
There was paint peeling off the ceiling and the walls, and in one corner there was black mould growing.
The floorboards creaked under his feet, and the ceiling fan looked like it was going to drop off any second.
Well taken care of? Yeah, right.
Sehun rushed to a vacant seat without waiting for the teacher to ask him to.
He dumped his backpack down before surveying his neighbors.
Everything about the guy on his left looked sharp.
Sharp feline eyes, sharp nose, sharp corners on his mouth, sharp piercings dangling off his ears.
He glared at Sehun as if he was a panther watching his prey, before shoving his hand in Sehun's face.

"Tao." 
Tao, huh? Not a bad name.
Sehun took Tao's hand and gripped onto it firmly before slipping his own hand back into his jeans pocket and moving on to the guy on his right.
To his surprise, he looked anything but scary like his other neighbor.
The small boy had thick lips and wide owl-like eyes that were locked onto Sehun's, and he continued staring even though Sehun was looking at him.
Sehun raised an eyebrow, but the guy just continued staring blankly at him without even blinking.
What the ?
Sehun frowned and nudged Tao with the back of his elbow.

"Psst. What's his problem?"

"Oh. D.O's autistic, and he's one of those inappropriate starers instead of eye contact avoiders." Tao said with a slight grin and leaned over Sehun, placing his hand on D.O's shoulder.

"Look D.O if you could just cut back on the stares for the new guy-"

"Don't ing touch him." A youthful and powerful voice came from D.O's right, and Sehun looked past to see a tanned boy glaring at Tao.
He was wearing a wife beater that showed off his toned arms and side, and Sehun couldn't help but admire his strong physique.

"Calm your Kkamjong, I'm not hurting him for 's sake." Tao took his hand back and scoffed at the tough looking boy, who had pulled D.O's chair a little closer to his own.

"That's Kai. He gets a little jumpy when people touch D.O because stuff happened to him. He's seen some pretty crazy things and he's so traumatized on top of being autistic that he wouldn't speak to anyone at all. Kai's here because his ex girlfriend which he wouldn't take back for good reason accused him of . He's a good kid though. " 
Sehun nodded, taking in what Tao told him.
He was curious about the relationship between the two, and what made D.O so special to Kai.
Before he could really think about those, Tao's voice pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Excuse my broken Korean, but why are you here?"
Good question.
Sehun let out a long sigh before leaning back on his chair and sliding down to a relaxed arch.

"My parents think I have some personality disorder. They don't realize I'm just a big who doesn't want to do they want."

"Haha! I like you kid, and I think the others will too." Tao laughed out loud without caring about the fact that they were in the middle of a class, and clapped his hand onto Sehun's shoulder.

"I'm here 'cause I landed some guy in hospital out of self defense. It's not my fault he attacked me out of the blue and not knowing I've been doing wushu before I could even count without my fingers."

"Didn't you tell whoever he attacked you first?" Sehun frowned.
Sehun was someone who hated injustice strongly, and he always felt angry if someone was wronged, especially if they acted like it didn't matter.

"Nah. He had something I didn't." Tao held one hand out and rubbed his thumb against his four fingers.
Sehun let out an internal growl and his eyebrows knitted together tightly.

"Chill, Hun. I'm not the worst here. This guy," Tao poked the guy in front of him with his broken pencil.
"was the one who got landed into hospital in his case. Name's Chanyeol. He thrashed out so much at the medics they had to put full body restraints on him and as soon as he recovered he was thrown in here right away."
Said man turned around, and gave one of the widest smiles Sehun had ever seen.
He wore a fluffy hat with wolf ears, his jet black bangs and elf ears sticking out underneath.
He had big eyes that seemed creepier with every second Sehun looked at them.

"Uh... Why was he handed into hospital and why did he-"

"His was about to get beaten up for being gay. So he took the beating, and all he said during his hospital stay was 'Let me go! I need to see Baekhyun!' while his got sent here 'cause he took the blame for good ol' Chanyeol over here."

"Baekie's not my '', he's my best friend." Chanyeol said quietly with his deep baritone voice, catching Sehun by surprise.
He blinked innocently at Tao, earning a shove on the head from the latter.

"Yeah right. Anyone who isn't blind can see you two fancy the pants off each other. Literally. Whose name is it that you call when Baekhyun's in the shower and you have your hands down your cartoon briefs? Walls are thin round here hyung." A dark smirk smeared across Tao's face, and Chanyeol turned back to face the front with a red face.
He held one hand out in the small aisle between him and his neighbor, swinging it back and forth madly.
Sehun cocked his head in wild confusion and was about to ask what the hell Chanyeol was doing, when a slender hand from the latter's neighbor clasped his large hand in his own.
Sehun's eyes followed the elegant looking hand up its arm and shoulder, and he wasn't entirely surprised when he saw a small boy who's the exact contrast to Chanyeol.
Chanyeol was 6ft1, had big eyes, big ears, a big mouth and nose, while the other boy was probably no taller than D.O, and had small but bright eyes underneath nerdy glasses, a dainty nose and thin lips.
Everything about him was small, except for his .
Sehun let his eyes linger on his round bottom a little longer than appropriate before turning his gaze at Tao.

"Yeah, I'd stop checking Baekhyun out before Chanyeol punches the living daylights out of you, that guy has a good hard punch. Now, that guy next to Baekhyun. Ohhh, he's the worst of our bunch here." Tao snickered and pointed at the man in an orange t shirt next to Baekhyun.
Him? The worst?
Sehun studied the man closely.
He wore diamond stud earrings, and truthfully he looked like a camel with his long lashes and curvy lips, which was probably just as harmless as the owls D.O resembled.
But for most cases cold blooded psycho killers don't look any different to normal people.
Sehun reminded himself, and suddenly everything about the man looked dangerous.
His eyes flickered around as if he was deciding who his next victim would be, his mouth curved into the signature small smirk brutal killers usually give before doing their deed, and his fingers drummed on his desk to feign innocence and carelessness which his observant eyes would say otherwise.

"What did he do?" Sehun whispered cautiously, not wanting the dangerous-looking man to hear him.

"He left a drawing pin on his old principal's chair."

"That's it?" Sehun gaped, his jaw dropped so much it almost hit the floor.

"Yep. Chen's your typical fun-loving prankster with ADHD, except for the fact that he was a bastard. The principal's illegitimate grandson, and you see that old fart wanted to get rid of him somehow. A small hole on his left buttock was a good enough reason to, apparently." Tao shrugged and directed Sehun's sight to the man next to Chen.
A young man in his early twenties, wearing a plain dark red hoodie and ripped jeans was slumping over his desk.
His eyes were staring straight ahead although at nothing in particular, and a deep dimple marked his face as his lips slacked and he breathed heavily through them.

"And that's Lay hyung. Poor guy, he's still clueless as ever. He probably doesn't even known coming here was a bad thing." Tao's strong sharp features softened and his look towards Lay was so sympathetic it made Sehun's heart sink although he knew nothing about the man.

"He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Drug dealers picking on clueless lambs like him. He was at the airport standing around waiting for his flight back to China when some shady guy slipped some powder into his bag. He said nothing through the trials or on the way here, other than 'I don't know how it happened, it wasn't mine'. Shame he had no proof or anything, and he was pretty young back then."
Sehun felt his chest tighten horribly the longer he stared at the innocent man, so he turned away and faced the front.
Tao probably sensed how weirdly affected he was by Lay's story, and patted Sehun's shoulder lightly.

"Well, on a lighter note, Suho hyung in the front left there is a multimillionaire, and he's only what, twenty one? He's only here because it's his idea of charity service and he feels like he should care more about the lower class people like us, so he enrolled into the school. We voted him Leader in our class just for the heck of it." Tao explained while ripping a page out of his notebook, then he crumpled it in his hands and threw it accurately at the back of Suho's head with much force.
Suho turned around and flashed a toothy smile towards Tao, and Sehun agreed that Suho did indeed look like a multimillionaire in his light blue dress shirt, Ralph Lauren navy jumper, clean pressed khaki pants and mirror shine leather shoes.

"Guy next to him's called Kris. His real name's a mystery, some say it's Kevin but no one really knows. Rumors say he's second in charge to two different triads in China, and that went horribly wrong so he's here. Kris is one of those guys you just don't with if you're not part of the gang. Which is why he's the other leader, but really I'm the only person who listens to him because the other guys just take the mickey out of him."
Interesting.
Sehun stretched his neck and tried to catch a glimpse of said man, but all he could see was shaggy platinum blonde hair and incredibly long legs, so he studied the guy on his right instead.
There was only one thing that could describe that boy: round.
He had round eyes, a round nose, round cheeks and a big warm smile as he waved at Sehun.
His bulging biceps showed through the ripped sleeves of his old jumper and Sehun stared in admiration.

"Don't be fooled. Xiumin hyung is the oldest here. He's the complete opposite to Suho hyung. Penniless guy. His parents died when he was just a kid and his hyung was always on the run from loan sharks. Five years ago his uncle eventually adopted his younger sister and sent Xiumin hyung here, claiming he couldn't raise two kids at the same time and Xiumin hyung was bad influence on her. He didn't mind though, he's just happy he's finally safe and away from the loan sharks who keep threatening him. He writes letters to his sister every week, which is pretty cute."
Sehun nodded and waved back at Xiumin, a small smile forming on his lips.
This place isn't half bad.
Sehun thought and looked at the last person, sitting farthest from him in the whole room, in the front right corner.
He froze, eyes wide in astonishment.
There sat a doe-eyed boy with the perfect dainty nose and soft looking pink lips.
His dark brown bangs brushed against his sparkly eyes, and his pale milky skin seemed to glow on its own although the sun rays couldn't reach him.
Everything about him was so beautiful, he could easily be mistaken for a girl if he wasn't wearing a plain white Henley shirt that showed his bony chest.
Sehun couldn't take his eyes off him.
He had to know his name, his story, his everything.
He frantically reached for Tao's arm and tugged at it with urgency.

"Who's that?"

"Him? Luhan. No one knows why he's here."

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello gaiiiis

In contract to my other EXO story which is comedy and fluff, this is gonna be angst.

Sorry you guys who told me you wanted it to be fluff in the other story. Kkaebsong~~~