Nothing but a heir

50 and a half wishes

The housekeeper Mr Choi threw a stack of documents on the table. My legs were laid proudly on my desk, I laid back on my chair and was playing with a dice.

“you are a heir, young master, you are a heir.” He said in a loud and clear voice.

I scoffed.

“You are a role model to Jong dae,” he points at me firmly, “look…..”

“Jong dae, jong dae, jong dae, didn’t you say I am the heir? Why the do you need to talk about Jongdae?” I glared at him. I was annoyed. I told myself to not bother, for the last 15 years. But I just can’t. I am the heir, am I not? I don't understand why they had to compare me with Jongdae all the time. I hated my life.

I threw the dice away in a single flick and rolled my eyes at him.

He sighed rather loudly and puts his hands behind his back.

“If you can’t manage the school well, you can’t take over the business.” He declared.

“I don’t….”        “Your mother’s wish was for you to be a good successor, do you dare defy?” he raised his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes again and folded my arms. I was annoyed, but he was right.

Before she left, my mother told me she wanted me to be a good successor. She was the only one I truly cared for in my family of four.

I hated my father. He drove my mother to death; I could no longer yearn for her company.

I hated my brother. He gave me this miserable life, being compared to every single day.

And I want to live up to her expectations. I really do.

“Manage your school well. You are the president. If the school runs well, the board of directors would surely approve of you.” Mr choi says as he started arranging the messy documents he threw just now. How ironic.

“Please be serious, “was what he last said to me before he walked out of my study room with footsteps as quiet as a cat.

…..

I decided to visit the school.

The moment I got out of my car, my prestigious authority was shown. Mr choi and mr kim followed closely behind me, donning fine black suits. I wore a maroon sweater over my white shirt and dark grey tie, and wore my gray blazers over them. As I walked, I adjusted my Rolex on my left wrist and had my chin and my chest held high. All the highschool students stopped in their tracks, placed their hand firmly in front and bowed. Their bowed lasted until I walked past them.

“Is that the President?” “He’s good looking,” “Look at his car,”

I was the opposite of being . All I had was gold and jewels hanging all over me. They saw what I have, and not what I was.

Finally I reached the principal, Mr Hong. He smiles big and greeted me with utmost enthusiasm before leading me to sit at the conference room.

“Good afternoon Mr President. I was anticipating you, good gracious you look great!” Mr Hong suddenly adjusted my blazer. I stared at him and flicked my head, indicating for him to go away. What a hypocrite. If I wasn't the wealthy Kim Jong In he would have wanted me to his shoe .

“Really….nice fashion…” He said as he let go of my blazer, and his voice trails off pathetically.

 

Throughout the boring meeting, we talked about the plans for the school, the goals for the school. It was systematic, was this what good heirs do? Pretend to pay attention, giving the rest a face like I don’t give a , then at the end of every month get a huge sum of money I don’t deserve.

I have been living this kind of life for... 15 years. I tried hard to live up to your expectations, mother. I really did. I tried to succeed. But I don’t have the drive. Everything I did felt useless. And I don’t have the time.

I’m sorry, I give up.

On the car back home, depressing thoughts ran through my mind like crazy, I clutch my head as an increasing pain invaded my head.

“I will get off here. Fetch me later when I call.” I ordered the chauffer.

Luckily Mr Kim wasn’t with me. If he was, he would know where I was heading to...