First day

50 and a half wishes

BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXVlQJ8eFgE

 

When I woke up, I found myself alone in the room. Noticing the bright sun, I reckoned it was early afternoon. I moaned as I pushed myself up to a sitting position. On the side table laid a plate of fruits with a note that said "please eat something". The handwriting was cursive and messy and I knew right away it was written by Mr Kim.

"Mr Kim.... Mr Kim......" I sluggishly called out as I ruffled my hair and rubbed my sleepy eyes. I slowly got myself standing, slipped into my slippers and walked out of the room with unsteady steps.

I walked along the hospital corridors for a few distance before realizing about the existence of my phone. I could have just called him instead..

"Aishhhhh....." I groaned as I start to u-turn back into my room.

 

My footsteps halt to a stop as my ears picked up a soft yet delicate tune.

I closed my eyes and titled my head as I listened closely.

“D,D,F minor, C, A, C…”

Someone was playing the piano to "It's hard to say goodbye" by Michael Ortega.

Carefully, I traced back to the source of the tune. I found myself in front of a room, on the door was written “Entertainment room". Out of curiosity, I opened the door.

Through the creak, I could see that there was a black grand piano in the middle of the room. A girl with long black hair was the one playing the piano. Her fingers moved quickly yet steadily; firm yet delicate; it was hard to believe that this girl is a patient of the hospital when I look at her light pink hospital pyjamas.

It was an amazing sight; the girl was playing the piano with her eyes closed, a light smile filled her face.

I noticed the consistent mistake where the girl continued hitting the C minor key instead of D Minor key in the chorus. It was nothing major, but for some reason, the little mistake seemed to fit her well.

With my increasing curiosity, I subconsciously leaned more and more forward, and a slight unbalanced footing was all it took to send me plunging down.

"Who is it?" She exclaims in a surprised tone. The piano playing stopped and the girl turned behind. Her features were defined and beautiful, but, like a thief caught in the act, I instinctively picked up and rushed out.

I ran to the corner ahead of the room and stood there hiding. I had no idea why I had to hide, perhaps I was embarrassed to be seen, but I wasn't sure.

"Where are my slippers?" I heard the same voice called out behind me. Puzzled, I tilted my head a little to peek. The girl was squatting down at the door of the room; her arms were spreading left and right wide. She was searching for her slippers. I was taken aback.  The slippers were just a few feet away, her eyes were opened, and then it dawned on me ---------------------------------- she can't see.