Chapter 7

The Bodyguard

exams are over and  i am super exhausted. next week I shall catch all the sleep i've lost. 

Enjoy! 

Not really going anywhere. Just a fill up chapter I guess. 

Chapter 7:

Hyesung covered his face with his hands and heaved an extremely miserable sigh. His nose was tickling and eyes were ready to pour all the tears, but he didn’t feel like crying. Actually, he couldn’t cry. If he had been able to cry, he would have swum in a pond of tears at the moment. Hyesung didn’t know what was wrong with him. He could usually cry about anything. Well, not about anything but about dying. When his mother died, three years ago, he cried for three weeks. His mother meant everything to him.

He didn’t detest his father, not at all.

They didn’t match.

He didn’t know about him as much as his mother had known.

Maybe it was lack of sharing, Hyesung thought, or the fact that his father had always been busy. They hadn’t had time to share their day’s happenings and talk about them in all the peace. Only once had his father taken several day offs from work and it was when they discovered that Hyesung’s mother was dying.

That time his father had cried.

And Hyesung had been there with him.

“Dad,” Hyesung whispered to the right side of him. The old man was sleeping, cheeks glossy from all the tears he had shed. “Dad.”

The man voiced in his sleep.

“Go home. I’ll be here if they find something out.” Hyesung smiled brokenly. “And I have my bodyguards. They will take care of me.”

The old man stared at the eldest son, put his hands onto his shoulders, sighed and nodded. “I am so proud of you, Pil Kyo.” He spoke lowly before he got up and started walking.

As soon as Mr. Jung was turning from the corner, a tall man emerged, holding a flower bouquet in his hands. The smile on his face resembled the sunny weather where the meadows were bright green and beautiful.

“Jin ah,” Hyesung stood up.

“What is it hyung?” Junjin questioned, grinning. “Why did you want to meet in a hospital? You know I hate them after I—“

“Jin Kyo’s dead.”

The flower bouquet fell from the numb hand and the cute, grinning face was suddenly dreary. Junjin’s pupils shrank and his lower lip started quivering, arms not knowing what to do or where to go.  Hyesung felt the tears bubbling inside him. He felt them rising through his body towards his throat but never coming out.

“Hyung,” Junjin’s voice was trembling. “I want to see him…can I see him?”

Hyesung sighed and shook his head. “You can’t…after they have prepared him for the autopsy.” He whispered.

Junjin broke into tears as soon as the sentence had ended. Hyesung looked at him and felt so sorry. He didn’t know what he had interrupted when he had called Junjin. He didn’t know where he was, but he knew that seeing the only thing Junjin cherished more than his job was the man he loved, Jung Jin Kyo.

They had started dating when Jin Kyo had turned 20. After being together for a month, Jin Kyo began to act weird. He got sick but none of them knew what was wrong with him, until he collapsed in the middle of a school day and he was driven to hospital.

Heart failure, they had said then.

Junjin hadn’t left by his side ever since.

And eventually, Hyesung’s parents accepted the relationship. Junjin was able to make the boy laugh even on the bed.

“But when they are ready with that…” Hyesung spoke, sensing the lump on his throat. “…I want you to see him first.”

Junjin nodded and the tears intensified. Hyesung hugged him out of a spur and his hair, shushing him a bit. He wanted to cry badly to make that aching feeling of terrify and shock explode, but he just couldn’t let the tears out. It was impossible; hard.

“Hyung,” Junjin withdrew. “Why aren’t you crying?” that question was painfully sincere.

“Jin ah…” Hyesung fixed his eyes at him. “…I am broken.”

 

Eric was looking at the picture taken in the nightclub. His thumb rubbed the surface of it while he was biting his lower lip. The picture was taken when he was scanning around the room. And the funniest thing is that Eric was staring straightly at the camera. He just hadn’t seen anything, not even a flash.

“Who…are you?” Eric asked out loud.

‘Could it be…someone…someone I know?’ Hyesung’s frown and petrified eyes came to his mind. The bodyguard looked at the photo once more.

He glanced at the bloody letters.

Handwritten.

“Who…are…?” Eric mumbled.

“HYUNG!” he startled on the chair. “HYUUUUUNG!” Andy ran to the room, rejoicing with the phone in his hands. Older man lifted his head, pretending to not be shocked by that sudden scream. “I…I…I am going to meet Sa Rah!”

That caused Eric to jump off the chair.

“We will meet!! ON TUESDAY! In two weeks!”

“Andy ya…”

The said guy quieted down and the smile fell. “What? You aren’t happy?” he interrogated.

“…no, I’m…not.” Eric replied. “…but if…makes you…happy…I can…live…”

Andy blushed from all the happiness and danced towards the small kitchen, tapping his screen in joy. Eric exhaled and shook his head. He was happy that Andy was finally smiling, but something in him made him feel wrong. It was the way Andy acted.

Eric lifted the picture and eyed it.

“Who…are you…?”

 

Hyesung sat in front of the coffee machine when he saw two pairs of black shoes in his sight. Hoping (for some reason) that it was Eric, he lifted his head quickly and flashed a smile. But it was Ji Hoon. The man had that apologetic and pitiful scrunch between his eyebrows when he sat down and caught Hyesung’s hand.

“I’m sorry.” Ji Hoon said.

“I know.” Hyesung whispered.

“How is your family? Junjin?”

Hyesung shrugged. “No one’s well, Ji Hoon.” He said. “Everyone’s depressed.”

Ji Hoon curled his arm around Hyesung’s shoulder and placed his head onto his shoulder. Hyesung sighed and closed his eyes. His eyes fluttered open when Ji Hoon petted his cheek. It relaxed him but also made him feel uncomfortable, but because Ji Hoon was his best friend, he let him do it.

“I am so sorry, Pil Kyo ah.”

Hyesung’s heart skipped a beat when he recalled the way Eric had said it.

“He was too young to die.” Ji Hoon murmured. “No one should die like that; while they are asleep.”

Hyesung nodded and closed his eyes to fall asleep. He hadn’t noticed how tedious he was. He hadn’t done anything particular but maybe the shock and the adrenaline had subsided and made him tired. He had been in the hospital for five hours now. And in that time, he had managed to call the manager, Minwoo, Ji Hoon, Junjin and Eric what had happened.

Though he had said to Eric that he doesn’t have to come to work today at all, he hoped inside his stomach and chest that he’d come. At least to see him. It wasn’t anything specific. With Eric Hyesung felt totally safe. Now he hadn’t had time to feel scared, but when the situation was over and people stopped fussing with Jin Kyo’s autopsy.

“Where is Junjin?” Ji Hoon suddenly questioned, breaking Hyesung’s awkward thoughts. “I didn’t see him when I came.”

“He went outside. He needs to blow off some steam.” Hyesung told. “And smoke some cigarettes.”

Ji Hoon sighed. “Should I buy you a cup of coffee? You seem tired?” he suggested. Hyesung massaged his temples before he nodded and the other guy rose from the chair. “Which one do you want?”

“Anything strong.”

Ji Hoon was putting coins into the machine when steps echoed in the corridor. Hyesung lifted his head and his face brightened up a bit, causing Ji Hoon to put too many coins to the machine. The bodyguard, yes, Eric, stopped in front of Hyesung and pressed the button of his walkie-talkie, sliding the jacket off it.

“Bodyguard Mun…at your…service.” He bowed.

Hyesung blinked his eyes but nodded quickly with his head.

“I am…sorry…” Eric apologized, bowing deeper this time. “…for your lost.”

“Eri—“

“My…condolences.” He muttered, bowing deeper.

Hyesung stared at the tallest man in the corridor and felt the tears in his throat again. And suddenly, his face was hot and his breathing ragged, his throat squealing unnaturally. The little prince’s chest rose frantically as he pressed his hands against his chest and let his mouth let out quiet sniffs. Ji Hoon took the cup of coffee and put it onto the desk next to them as he hugged Hyesung and felt arms getting around him.

Eric glared at them dumbfounded.

“Hyesung, don’t cry.” Ji Hoon whispered. “You cannot cry.”

“I cannot prevent it.” The singer groaned and let the tears flow through his face, making it appear ugly and red.

Eric was solemnly silent, only listening to his master’s quiet sobbing and Ji Hoon’s shushes. Occasionally Ji Hoon glanced at him and furrowed his eyebrows. But Eric couldn’t care less. He was just so sorry for the young master.

“Hyung,” they all turned towards the source of the voice. “They let us see him now.” The young guy told, eyes red and watery.

Eric knew immediately that that was Junjin.

 

They all entered the room that was cold and spooky.

Junjin advanced the bed where lied the corpse and began to cry again, hands shivering when he pulled the sheet off the young figure. He gasped and hid his eyes, shedding more tears when Hyesung hugged him from behind and tried to keep his fool for the sake of his dongsaeng.

“Didn’t your brother eat his medicine?” The doctor abruptly asked.

“He did.” Hyesung answered, looking at the as-if-sleeping face. "I saw."

“Well,” The doctor stepped next to them. “I couldn’t find any traces of medicine from his body.”

Hyesung frowned. “A-are you…s-s-sure?”

The doctor nodded. “Even his blood vessels had nothing in them. Are you sure your brother ate the pills? Are you sure he didn’t want to commit a suicide?”

Hyesung’s eyes widened when suddenly his heart beat painfully and his lids blinded him as he felt his body betraying him and his legs turning into mush. Only thing he reminisced were the two pairs of arms around him. 


Kath unnie...to you. LOL! 

Thanks for nagging me. :D 

It really helps. 

I know you all wanna know who's the stalker. 

And what happens to Jin and how cute Sa Rah and Andy are. 

But yeah...

Be patient. XD