Chapter 5

The Bodyguard

OMG! YES!! 

Longest update since posting this story!! ^^ Yay!

ENJOY! 


Chapter 5

“What do you mean…a stalker?” Hyesung hissed, words becoming incoherent. He crossed his arms under Eric’s big jacket and glared at the bodyguard, trying to look believable. “Where have you gotten in mind that I have a stalker?” Hyesung laughed.

Eric didn’t find that amusing at all. He was being perfectly serious. “Who…else…could scare…in…supermarket?” he questioned. “I know…fear…when I…one.”

Again Eric’s words weren’t understandable, but still Hyesung had an idea what that meant. He stared at the taller guy and pondered on whether to tell or not. If he did, there was still nothing he could do. Hyesung didn’t even know whether he could trust Eric. He hadn’t told about the stalker to anyone because, first of all, he was frightened. He was frightened that if he did tell anyone, the news would flood into the media and then everyone would find out. And Hyesung didn’t want any harm to his family.

Also, if media found out that a man like Hyesung needed strong and manly protection from another man, after he’s had scandals with several quite ty girls, his reputation would be shattered. Not that he cared about it.

And if Eric and all the other lower level bodyguards found out that Hyesung was scared of someone he hardly knew but who however knew him more than well, they wouldn’t let him continue his singing career. They would close him into the apartment (though it wouldn’t stop the stalker) and would let him do nothing until the stalker leaves him alone.

“Mr. Mun…” Hyesung began.

The thought of telling at least to someone, tempted him. But would it stop the stalker if Eric knew? Wouldn’t he become more dangerous? He would start using violence and eventually break the guard. Hyesung knew that all those thoughts sounded idiotic, but to be honest, if he centered all the guards to protect him, there would be a spot where the stalker could sneak into.

“I haven’t got a stalker.” He mumbled as a reply, advancing the car. “Only eager fans.” He added.

“Sir…”

Hyesung turned around, the empty sleeves hovering in the windy air. His eyes set to Eric’s and the bodyguard saw the pleading hue in the brown orbs, perceiving that the little prince had gotten enough and didn’t, obviously, want to open up.

Eric could wait.

He was there to protect him.

“Whenever…you are…frightened…” Eric whispered. “…please…talk…”

He lifted his emotionless eyes at the young master and he almost let out a gasp. Why was he suddenly so beautiful? Why was he always so beautiful? Had he always been beautiful or had Eric suddenly had some sort of an epiphany? No. It was the weather: the lighting: the car headlights: it was the lost expression in Hyesung’s face; the pleading frown between his forehead; the silky light brown hair that circled his face perfectly and emphasized the beauty on it.

Like Andy had said, Shin Hyesung was beautiful.

That’s why everyone loved him: hated him.

“Mr. Mun…”

Eric’s heart skipped a beat.

“I don’t usually thank people—“

“Don’t…I don’t…” Eric began. “…like…receiving…gratitude.”

Hyesung pursed his lips. “Fine…I won’t thank you then.” He shrugged. “Hey…”

Eric couldn’t look at him anymore. He didn’t want to see those eyes anymore; that face.

“…can we please do something funny?” The little prince whined. “I will be careful and right by your side, okay?”

The bodyguard sighed.

“Yes, Sir.”

 

The loud music almost broke Eric’s ears. The flashing red, green, blue and yellow lights annoyed him and the crowded dancefloor made him feel anxious. But Hyesung was smiling. He was finally smiling. He didn’t seem lost. He didn’t seem scared. He didn’t seem confused. He seemed happy. And Eric let him enjoy that happiness for two hours.

“OPPA!” a girl screamed and ran towards Hyesung, the man curled his arms around her and pulled her into his arms and devoured her lips. Her arms and hands got into his hair and messed up the silky looking hair and she moaned when Hyesung let her go. “I’ve missed you oppa.”

“I’ve missed you too Eun Jin.” He murmured against her lips, pecking them once more.

Eun Jin smiled before she turned to look at the bodyguard. “Only him?” She asked. “Usually you have that whiny manager with you.” She continued.

“He’s worse than Tae Hakie.” Hyesung told. “And he’s persistent.”

Eric scanned the room not seeing anything extraordinary. He had the feeling that something was about to happen but seeing that the place seemed harmless and totally trustworthy, Eric relaxed and let Hyesung have that fun he so much desired. He followed Hyesung to a private booth, the waitress of some sort closed the curtain and let the three (Eun Jin, Hyesung and Eric) be alone.

“Is he going to stand there while we make out?” She questioned.

“I told you…persistent.” Hyesung answered.

Eric’s hand visited the gun several times. Whenever the curtain flew open and more girls flooded in, he squinted his eyes and checked each and one of them just to be sure. Hyesung took one of the girls under his other arm and flirted with them. One girl got up from the sofa and walked towards Eric, having interest of his mystique.

But the bodyguard’s ignorance was well taught in the police school. He let the walkie-talkie rattle on his belt and the woman roamed her hands in his body because that had no effect on him whatsoever. She was wearing a short skirt and a shirt that barely covered her s. She started dancing seductively, moving her body against the masculine and rock hard one. Her lips moved on his jawline to his neck and when they were advancing the lips, Eric caught her wrist and halted her steps.

“I’m…not…like him.” He mumbled, nodding his head at Hyesung. “My body…not a toy.”

She furrowed her eyebrows to him.

Hyesung looked at Eric and then the girl. “Shi Yeon…come here.”

“What’s wrong with him?” She asked shocked.

Eric’s eyes were at the exit when Hyesung shook his head and responded: “I don’t know.”

 

Tae Hak sneaked into the nightclub and found Hyesung’s private booth. He stepped into it, crossed his arms and looked at the young master, who had intense eyeplay going on with the girls around him. Tae Hak sighed and shifted his gaze at the bodyguard.

“Isn’t it time for him to leave?” Tae Hak interrogated. “I mean…he fainted. Shouldn’t we take him home?”

Eric nodded.

“Hyung!” Tae Hak exclaimed, hearing the obvious ‘aish’ from his mouth. “It’s time to go home. Tomorrow’s a hard day for you.”

The little prince shoved the girls around him and scurried towards Eric, passing him and then exiting the room in silence. Tae Hak shrugged and followed him quickly, Eric hanging behind him. Suddenly Eric got the tightening feeling to his chest. His eyes got blurry. He turned his head frantically and sensed that something wasn’t right.

“Mr. Mun!” Hyesung yelled. “ERIC!”

The bodyguard startled.

“If I can’t stay, you cannot either!” The little prince whined. “Come!”

Eric shook his head and stepped forward, picking up his pace when Hyesung exited the nightclub. A man in sunglasses, beanie and a mask, stared at them from the back of the room and snapped pictures with his phone.

He managed to capture the bodyguard into his film.

 

“What was the deal with you and Si Yeon?” Hyesung questioned in the car, looking out of the window. “Why didn’t you let her touch you?”

Eric glanced at him. “I…don’t…trust people.” He replied.

Tae Hak cleared his throat and bended his head to the left, watching the two having a conversation. Hyesung pivoted his neck and placed his hands onto his lap. The bodyguard didn’t care about the stares. He had gotten used to them in America as he was the only Asian bodyguard the president had had. Also, in there he hadn’t talked at all.

“What is it…that made you like you?” The chauffeur asked. His wrinkly face was unbelievable even though he was thirty years old like Eric and Hyesung. “I don’t really care. But it’s creepy to drive you around.”

“Wan ah,” Hyesung complained.

The tallest of them all, and also the creepiest, became silent all of a sudden. Eventually Tae Hak was frightened by the eyes that widened and by the hand that fisted around the suit pants. Hyesung found it fascinating at first but when Eric started biting his cheeks and grit his teeth, and the eyes were teary not from crying but from something else, he closed his eyes and damned Dongwan for asking. The driver instantly regretted whatever he had done and pressed the gas pedal, the car speeding.

Eric’s knuckles turned white.       

“Mr. Mun…” Tae Hak at last murmured.

“Eric…” Hyesung crooned too.

“I…don’t trust…people…anymore…so…I don’t…speak.” The bodyguard explained slowly. “And…I don’t need…women…to feel…loved…”

Hyesung gritted his teeth. “So I am a womanizer!?” he shouted.

“No…not a womanizer…alone…”

 

Eric didn’t want to cry now. It was already enough that Andy did it outside his room. But there he was, in his room, trying to slam the door open with the power that left from his whole body.

Though his palms tried to cover the terrible sounds coming from the living room, he heard every tear rolling through his little brother’s cheeks; every chant of apologizing to the man for not enjoying his disgusting pleasure; every petrifying moan that escaped from their step dad’s lips.

Eric clasped his teeth together and kept noise, trying to muffle those sounds. But he knew he couldn’t do it.

His whole body pressed against the door that was held by the wooden chair. Eric took all his inner power and slammed his body against it, breaking it from the frame as the man leaped several steps and his hands stopped moving around the small boy who was crying his eyes out.

Andy ran behind Eric, shirt discarded somewhere in the room, step dad’s boxers almost at the knees. Eric gritted his teeth, not thinking for a moment as he clasped his hands onto the gun he had stolen earlier that day, while their step dad was be of the bruise he had gotten after hitting the crown of his head to the corner of the wall, and Eric, full of adrenaline, launched the weapon at the man.

Andy gasped.

Eric was shocked as soon as the body fell to the floor and the blood in the head started pouring. His hands were trembling and the gun fell from the clumsy and shocked fingers, slamming to the carpeted floor.

“Hyung…” Andy whispered terrified. “…he’s dead. Our dad…is…dead.”

The apartment door was opened and then slammed closed, as Eric entered the living room. Andy’s nose was once again against the laptop screen as he grinned widely and buttoned up his shirt. Eric looked at him and frowned.

“Are you hungry hyung?” Andy interrogated.

Eric shook his head. “What…?”

“What was I doing?” Andy completed Eric’s sentence and the older guy nodded. “I was having a video conversation with Sa Rah…”

“Shirt…open?” Eric blinked his eyes.

Andy blushed. “Well, ahh…we…had this conversation going on…where we talked about…scars…and she told me that she had…umm…used scissors to cut herself.” He explained. “And then…I…I showed my…scars.”

Eric cringed.

“I know you don’t like it hyung…” Andy pouted sadly. “…but I have to feel comfortable with my body.” He turned his head at the screen. “…and I want her to see what kind of a freak I am.” He mumbled.

 “Andy ya…” Eric put his hand onto the other guy’s shoulder. “…you’re…not…a freak…”

The younger one sighed. “I know.” He smiled. “But hyung…”

Eric halted his steps and looked over his shoulder. He was about to sit down to the couch. Andy left the laptop for a while and seated himself onto the armchair. The older man blinked his eyes.

“How was it with Pil Kyo?”

“Pil…Kyo?”

 

Hyesung entered the kitchen and Jin Kyo was having something to eat before taking his medicine and going to bed. He grinned at his hyung and asked him to sit down. Hyesung walked to the room and sat to the seat, cupping his face to watch his brother’s funny way of eating.

“You look tired.” Hyesung commented. “Is it hurting? You have to tell me if you are in pain.”

Jin Kyo shook his head. “It’s not hurting. Don’t worry. And I am tired. It’s not every day that your heart is worse than others.” He laughed. Hyesung found it remarkable. Jin Kyo was sick but still managed to smile childishly like that. “And hyung, you don’t look well yourself either. You fainted. Shouldn’t you take care of yourself?”

Hyesung chuckled. “I fainted because I suddenly lost every sense in my head.” He told, not entirely lying. “And because I haven’t been well lately.”

Jin Kyo frowned.

“Don’t look at me like that!” Hyesung whined. “I am perfectly okay. They are stress and lack of breathing that cause me to faint.”

“Hmm…I believe you hyung.” The boy said. “But remember…don’t hold everything inside. You can always talk to people. And, the way your bodyguard helped you…no one has ever done that to you.” He added.

Hyesung felt his skin building goosebumps.

“Ahh, hyung!” Jin Kyo abruptly slammed the desk, the two pills jumping a bit. “Ji Hoon hyung is waiting you in your room.”

Hyesung jumped from the chair. “He what!?”

“Yeah. He wanted to talk about something with you.” Jin Kyo said. “So I let him in. And he is your friend so he was welcome.”

“Fine.” Hyesung smiled and ruffled the boy’s hair. “Now…go to bed kiddo. You need to sleep well.”

Jin Kyo nodded childishly, gulped down the pills and water and exited the room. Hyesung then followed and switched on the lights. He went through the stairs to his room and Ji Hoon was indeed there, a huge grin on his face when he saw Hyesung coming in.

“Pil Kyo…” He said.

“Aish…don’t use that name.” Hyesung wrinkled his nose.

“Why? It is your real name!” Ji Hoon laughed. “And it was given by your parents.”

Hyesung rolled his eyes and took of his cardigan. “As much as I love my parents that name kills me.” He confessed. “So…why are you here?”

Ji Hoon clasped his hands together and said: “Minwoo wants to meet you tomorrow. And I already liked the idea so I said yes.”

“But that’s great.” Hyesung smirked. “I have a meeting with ShinCom tomorrow too…so it can be after that.” He said.

Ji Hoon nodded and was about to sit down to an armchair when Hyesung’s frightened gasp halted his steps. He turned around and blinked his eyes, saying something Hyesung couldn’t or didn’t hear.

“What is it?” Ji Hoon questioned.

“That…that…” Hyesung stuttered. “Who brought that?”

“I don’t know…it was here when I came.” Ji Hoon responded. “What is it?”

Hyesung shook his head. “I think it’s better if you left now.” He whispered and almost pushed Ji Hoon out of the room, not telling him a word.

When Ji Hoon had left, Hyesung took the basket and opened the letter with his shivering fingers. A picture fell between it when he had folded it open and the thin, long fingers caught it, eyes fixing to it in utter shock.

It was a picture from that night.

From the night club.

A picture of him and Eric.

With bloody letters: If only there weren't him, you’d be mine. I love you, Hyesung.

Hyesung’s heart skipped a beat when he grabbed his phone and dialected his manager’s number. When the beeping ended and the happy voice entered Hyesung’s ears, he almost shouted to the phone: “Give me Mr. Mun’s number…now.”