Chapter 3

The Bodyguard

An update. Actually, the last update of the week. ;) You need more suspense, don't ya? Here you go. 

ENJOY!


Chapter 3:

“Hey, where did you get that scarf? I was just about to bring you a new one.” Tae Hak said, passing a plastic bag to his boss. “Isn’t that your old one?”

Hyesung nodded but said nothing as he entered the mansion, Eric and Tae Hak following. The manager showed the room where Eric could sleep, but the bodyguard declined to receive it, telling that he lived close and wanted to be there. Tae Hak didn’t ask any questions after those eyes had glared at him. He just shoved his arm and grinned.

Eric lingered in the house for a while though. He had a strange feeling and it wasn’t a good one. His eyes narrowed a bit and his hands curled into fists. A boy stepped into the foyer and stared at Eric, knowing instantly that he was the new bodyguard. He nodded his head a bit as a greeting and walked off to the kitchen.

Tae Hak returned and told him that he can leave. Everything was under control in the mansion after all.

 

Hyesung exited the bathroom feeling refreshed after a shower when he saw a basket on his bed. He advanced it, heartbeat rising and breathing hitching, as he reached his hand and noticed it trembling and shuddering.

The basket was in his hands.

He sat down and took the small letter from it, balancing his swinging mind as he cut it open and a letter, written in blood, emerged.

His eyes widened and he wanted to scream but he was too afraid to do so.  

Your lips, your eyes, your nose; every single pose. Your smile, your laugh, your tears; I know what makes you fierce. I love you…I love you…forever and ever.’

Hyesung followed the bloody letters and each word made the fear inside him grow. He would’ve wanted to throw the letter away and forget it, but that was already the 12th letter in that month. Hyesung inhaled deeply, placing the letter somewhere he couldn’t see. He didn’t want to see. He knew it was one of those creepy followers he had. It was the one he was most afraid of. The one he hadn’t told anyone about.  

But like in all the other letters, there were pictures attached to it too.

Personal photos; something Hyesung didn’t know existed. Like pictures of him sleeping.

Secret photos; something Hyesung only had himself.

Photos of him in places he had been all alone; the mansion, the garden, the studio.

The knock on the door startled him and he gasped scared, managing to hide the basket behind his bed.

Tae Hak stepped in and frowned to the pale face.

“What’s wrong, hyung!?” He interrogated, grabbing the man’s hands.

“Nothing. I’m just feeling a bit sick.” Hyesung responded, flashing a smile. “Really. I think I ate something bad.”

Tae Hak rubbed the hands and nodded, not seeing the basket.

 

When Eric had unlocked the door of his small, old and narrow apartment and had stepped in, the faint light from a laptop lightened the foyer a bit. He sighed, putting on his slippers, fingers stretching as he entered the living room and a guy sat behind the machine, nose against the screen.

The apartment had a small kitchen, living room, tiny bathroom and two small cubicles for sleeping. The guy behind the laptop smiled widely.

“Oh, hyung, you came?” he questioned, tapping the keyboard.

Eric sneered.

“It’s already this late!?” The shorter lad screamed, checking the time from his phone. “My lecture starts at 8 tomorrow!”

The taller man sat down to the couch and began to scan through the channels, not minding about the other one who wrote something again and then closed the lid of the laptop. Eric blinked his eyes idly. The other one slumped down next to him and they fell into silence until the commercial break came.

“Was it that girl again, Andy?” Eric abruptly asked.

Andy was a bit surprised by his brother’s sudden interest and word load but nodded. “Yeah.”

“What was her name again?”

“Kim Sa Rah.” Andy sighed lovingly. “A girl from Gangnam.”

Eric reached his hand and ruffled Andy’s hair, curving the corner of his mouth a bit. The 25–year-old man grinned childishly and pouted his lips in a cute way. Eric caught his cheek and pinched it, mumbling something about a rascal. 

“Hyung…” Andy said in the dark. “…how was Shin Hyesung?”

Eric sighed. “Stubborn.”

 

Hyesung’s breathing still hadn’t regulated. He sat in the kitchen, staring at the emptiness, slurping his coffee once in a while. His confused brother looked at him and snorted, getting his big brother’s attention. Hyesung sipped the hot good again.

“Jin Kyo ya,” He suddenly murmured.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Did someone bring something today?” Hyesung placed the cup onto the table.

“Not that I know of. I have been home all day.” Jin Kyo replied with a shrug. “Oh! Now I remember. Someone brought something to you.”

Hyesung widened his eyes.

“But he or she was wearing a mask, glasses and a beanie so I couldn’t see.” The younger lad explained. “Why?”

“I just…nothing.” Hyesung flashed a smile. “I just wanted to know.” Jin Kyo nodded and jumped off the chair. “Yah!! Take your medicine, you rascal!” Hyesung scolded. “If I have to take care of you, you have to eat your medicine. I don’t want our dad to see you’re dead.” He added.

Jin Kyo pursed his lips and grabbed the two white pills from his hyung’s hands.

“Fine.” He mumbled before gulping down some water. “Oh…hyung. You found your scarf.” He then said, pointing at the thing on the chair.

Hyesung nodded.

“I thought you lost it.” Jin Kyo mumbled.

“No…I found it.” Hyesung told. “Or actually…my bodyguard gave it to me.”

Jin Kyo frowned.

“I know what that face means babo ya.” Hyesung sighed. “And it’s not like that. We only met.”

“Yeah, and tomorrow he will give you flowers or something.” Jin Kyo rolled his eyes.

Hyesung slapped his cheek gently and told him to go to bed. Jin Kyo yawned tastefully and hugged his hyung, exiting the kitchen in silence. Hyesung’s gaze turned to the scarf and the man he had met. Eric was a weird case. He was so mystical.

Hyesung hadn’t had any idea that the man had been the same one as in the bar. And giving him a scarf bluntly like that was awful. Where were Eric’s manners?

“Nowhere since he had none.” Hyesung muttered.

He hadn’t even said a word when Hyesung had talked about the scarf. He had just been his quiet self, looking in front of him intensely as if the seat had been interesting. Though Hyesung had to admit, Eric was seriously fascinating. The glint in his eyes bothered him though. They were empty. It was like Eric hadn’t laughed in ages. No wrinkles whatsoever.

But something in him made Hyesung feel as if he had met him before. Yes, in the bar, but before that too. Hyesung knew it had to be. He would never forget Eric’s face. It was hard to forget.

So unreadable yet so handsome.

Hyesung admitted it, with Eric, he was safe.

From him.

 

Moans of disgusting pleasure entered Eric’s ears.

Whimpers of fear and discomfort made his whole body shudder.

The doorbell rang and different kind of noises of men echoed in the room outside, mixing and muffling the painful whispers of the little boy.

Eric squeezed his eyes closed and slammed his palms onto his ears, pressing hard to not hear those begs and screams his 13 year-old brother kept doing.

Other men started groaning too.

And Andy’s screams intensified together with Eric’s cries of hatred and feelings of helplessness. By now, Andy would be at least shirtless if not entirely.

The voices quieted down.

Eric opened his eyes and let his ears free.

One minute, two minutes, five minutes it lasted before the men inhaled and exhaled, not caring less about Andy’s chants and pleas of ‘please, stop…please…please…stop’.

Eric bit his inner cheeks until they bled, closed his eyes until they stung and pressed his palms against his ears until they started ringing.

All that…for nothing.

He heard them all.

The moans.

The screams.

The tears that ran through the boy’s cheeks.

The evil cackles of the strange men.

He heard them.

Then the chair was removed in front of the door and it was opened, Andy stepping in, whole body touched and tainted. He looked at Eric as if nothing had happened but Eric knew that he knew he wasn’t stupid. Andy went to his bed and mutely pulled the blanket on him.

“Andy,” Eric said, holding back his tears. “Andy.” He repeated, a bit louder this time.

Andy’s head moved on the pillow, signing that he was listening.

“I wanna kill him…”  

Eric’s whole body flew up, chest and forehead sweaty. He was panting. His eyes were as big as dinner plates. His chest rose up and down furiously, every breathe coming out of his mouth being coarse and painful.

“Hyung?” a knock came to the door. “Hyung, are you okay?”

Eric nodded though Andy didn’t see it but as if sensing that he stopped knocking and entered the room, looking worried.

“What?” Eric hissed, hitting his head back to the pillows.

“You were shouting again, hyung.” Andy muttered. “So I thought I should check up on you.” He added, sitting down next to him. “It wasn’t your fault hyung.”

Eric sighed.

“Don’t think about it hyung…I’m not.” Andy commented, lifting the blanket and moving his body under it. Eric stared at him confused, avoiding looking at the scars Andy had on his neck. “I am not going to sleep if you keep screaming like that.” Andy stated, laughing slightly at the end. “Sleep well hyung. Stubborn Hyesung is waiting.”

Eric looked at that tousled hair which descended next to him and his lips curved a bit. He landed his hand onto Andy’s head and ruffled the brown fur, whispering ‘good night, Andy ya’. 

 

Eric was about to open the door of the mansion when it flew open and Hyesung stepped out almost colliding with him. Their eyes met but as soon as they had met, Hyesung turned his head away and walked past the bodyguard, holding a hot coffee cup in his hands. Eric didn’t have to think before he shifted his body around and followed Hyesung to the car.

“I’ll be busy today.” He explained. “First I will go meet the photographer who shoots the photobook that will be handed over to the fans with my album and then secondly, I will be having a meeting with couple important dudes my dad told me about. And then thirdly, I will have a date.” He added, striding towards the car, not slowing down at all.

Eric nodded.

“Tae Hak will be by my side all the time.” Hyesung suddenly stopped and faced him, fixing those big brown orbs at his. “But I need my bodyguard.”

Eric bowed his head understanding.

“Since wherever I go, fans will follow.” Hyesung told. “And I…” he seemed vague, biting his lower lip, looking at his feet.

The bodyguard felt his chest clenching.

“And I…I…don’t want to be attacked by sasaeng fans.” Hyesung explained. “No one wants.”

“Yes, Sir.” Eric muttered.

Hyesung stared at him. “What happened to you…that made you so silent?” he interrogated, face suddenly really sad and miserable.

“Nothing worth telling.” Eric responded, gesturing him to enter the car.

 

 

Hyesung shook hands with the two guys he had met. Though he wasn’t the CEO material and not even willing to deal the things in the family company, he loved his father and did anything to keep up the good atmosphere. Jin Kyo was more interested about running his own business but with his health and medication, he lied all day long in the bed and moved inside the four walls.

Hyesung stepped out of Shinhwa Company with the two foreign men and bowed, cameras flashing pictures of them and the bodyguard who looked at the surroundings with the couple, less experienced guards.

Tae Hak grinned widely and caught Hyesung’s arm, pulling him quickly to the car that had put to a halt in front of them. The artist straightened the collar of his suit (which was totally weird for him to wear) and started advancing the vehicle. Eric gave orders to the other two and nodded, striding behind the young master.

Then it happened.

Someone had unleashed the safety rail and the people were running towards Shin Hyesung. Tae Hak gasped and tried to push them away but it wasn’t enough. Hyesung covered his face and bemoaned when he was hugged by heavy and big arms and was quickly taken into the car. He only opened his eyes when he felt the soft and comfortable car seat under him and exhaled, heart beating unregularly fast.

“Hyung!” Tae Hak screamed, sliding to the front seat. “Are you okay!?”

Hyesung nodded, glancing at the seat next to him.

“I want to know who let the people run towards Shin Hyesung!” Tae Hak exclaimed. “Check every single CCTV! Hyung could have been crushed!”

The man outside nodded and excused himself and ran back into the building. Hyesung was still unable to breathe evenly. Never had something like that happened before. His fans had never gotten over the line; not once. He was never been attacked by them.

They did follow him around, but they knew attacking someone was wrong. That’s why Tae Hak also was shocked. His eyes were full of jolt.

“Hyung,” he spoke to the backseat. “…I’m so glad you chose Mr. Mun.”

Hyesung shifted his head at the bodyguard who was absentmindedly staring at the front seat as if it was more intriguing than him. Tae Hak told the chauffeur to leave at once and Hyesung looked at the other security men, trying to not let the fans come any closer. His eyes fixed to the one person in the middle of all the screaming girls and boys; a beanie, sun glasses and a mask.

It was him.

Hyesung’s heart skipped a beat as he quickly turned his head away, noticing that Eric didn’t seem shocked or terrified at all.

But he was now staring at him.

“I’m fine.” Hyesung convinced sharply. “They are just fans…nothing else.”

 

Hyesung had asked the driver to stop at the mansion, since he needed to change for that big date. He didn’t even have to command his bodyguard as he had already stepped out of the car, walking to the other side to protect him. Hyesung nodded with his head, saying thank you, and advanced the stylish white house, Eric after him.

“I will be down as soon as possible.” Hyesung announced.

The bodyguard nodded and stood like a statue in the foyer.

The artist went through the stairs to the second floor, where he saw the ‘keep out’ – sign hanging from Jin Kyo’s door. He sighed, shook his head and turned the door handle and pulled the door open. A gasp escaped from his mouth.

Another basket was on his bed.

His face became pale and the fingers shivered as well as his teeth, clasping together.

On top of the flowers (which were in the basket) was a picture of him, sleeping and a text, written in blood: “I’m watching you my love.” 


Comments please. :)

Thanks for the votes and subs and comments. :D I like them very much!! :) <3

Also....

Who is the one, scaring Hyesung?

Who did Eric kill?

How are Eric and Hyesung going to warm up to each other?