Chapter 12

The Bodyguard

Enjoy!

To the people I love. :,,,)

Chapter 12:

Andy gulped again, fudging his big brother’s scary eyes. He knew Eric wasn’t pulling a prank on him. He knew that his big brother wasn’t messing with him. Oh, no, Eric never did such things. And if he did, he wouldn’t prohibit him to go places with less people in them. Eric grabbed his wrist and the hotness of it hurt the younger guy.

“Promise me, Andy,” Eric began. “…that you…watch out…empty…places.”

The said guy nodded. “Why? Am I…I…in danger?”

Eric released the wrist and Andy realized that he was indeed in danger. His eyes widened in shock as Eric cleared his throat and for the younger man’s utter shock, nodded. Andy swallowed again, feeling the raspy and ragged feeling in his throat. Eric furrowed his eyebrows apologetically.

“Don’t worry,” Andy spoke, pretending to sound cool when his voice was uneven. “I am going to hang out in the hospital a lot.” He said.

Eric heaved a sigh.

“Today,” Andy whispered. “I got the suicide note.”

“What…did it…say?” Eric asked softly.

Andy chuckled unamused. “The same old. It wasn’t my fault…or yours. She said…she wasn’t fine.” He prompted. “And that…she just…couldn’t see…how you hated the fact that I wasn’t me.”

Eric reached his hand to Andy’s shoulder.

“Also, she admitted that…she tried to take me away from you, but she hadn’t known,” Tears fell from Andy’s eyes. “…that you were so strong.”

“I am sorry,” Eric apologized smoothly. “I am so…sorry.”

Andy nodded and flashed a broken smile. “Don’t worry. I told her she was forgiven. The grieving room in the hospital was great.” He praised. “I met a man…” Eric frowned, panicking that it might have been the stalker. “…a nice one. He had lost someone too.”

Somehow Eric’s mind went at ease for couple of minutes.

“I said to him that I was perfectly fine, and he told me that the one he loved had died all of a sudden. And I understood that they had been together more than me and Sa Rah, but he told me that the time you love some, should not be counted. It’s the love that matters.” Andy crooned. “And he said that I am going to find someone so now…I should try to move on.”

Eric put his hand onto Andy’s shoulder. The shorter man sniffed and fixed his eyes at Eric’s. The bodyguard saw that Andy hadn’t told everything to him, but he was grateful that the words he had spoken had been sincere. The little brother inhaled heavily.

“He said crying is fine.” Andy muttered. “If I don’t do it as much as him.” A chuckle exited his mouth and Eric found himself hugging the guy he loved more than anything. Andy’s arms went around him. “She shouldn’t have died hyung.”

Eric shook his head, agreeing.

“She should have healed…I could have done it for her.” Andy cried. “I loved her.”

“I know…” Eric murmured. “…but you have…to…move on.”

Andy nodded and the force around his neck tightened.

Eric bit his cheeks when the ripped pictures, and the red texts, caught his attention. No way is the stalker going to touch his brother and his…Hyesung.

 

Hyesung had cried the whole night. Except this time it wasn’t because of Jin Kyo but because of Eric. Though he wasn’t sure was he deeply in love with him or had he just mere feelings towards him, he detested the idea of breaking up with the man. However, he didn’t know whether they even had anything.

The picture lied on the floor and even though Hyesung tried his best not to look at it, the corners of his eyes wanted him to regret it how he had fallen in love with a man he had known for couple of months. The tears swelled his face which was bad in so many ways. He would have a commercial shooting today, and besides crying, he hadn’t closed his eyes once.

Hyesung had only been dreaming of Eric.

He should keep his hands off of him.

It should be done.

He didn’t want to lose Eric.

“I must be mad.” Hyesung shook his head.

But he couldn’t stop thinking of the man; nor the kiss. He was deeply in love with a man, who he shouldn’t love. It was wrong. And dangerous.

“Hyung…”

Hyesung lifted his head from his arms. Junjin entered his room and sat down onto his bed. He had slept quietly for once. No murmurs of unconditional love. No Jin Kyo’s name on repeat. Just peaceful sniveling.   Junjin landed his hands onto Hyesung’s arms and sighed.

“Are you okay?” he questioned.

“I am not.” Hyesung murmured sadly. “I have to make a decision that I will regret forever, but it’s for his own good.” He said.

Junjin nodded.

“And I might break him if I do it.” Hyesung cried. “I don’t want to do it…but it’s for him.”

“Hyung,” The younger man said. “Sometimes people need to suffer so that other door opens.” He continued. “I know the proverb doesn’t go like that, but it is quite accurate.”

Hyesung’s tears had flown for hours now.

“Aish, hyung,” Junjin wiped them off. “You cry almost as much as the guy I met at the grieving room yesterday.” He laughed. “I hope you and he wouldn’t cry.”

“Jin ah…” Hyesung shivered.

Junjin cupped the older man’s face. “Eric hyung is going to understand.” He mumbled.

Hyesung stared at him wide-eyed. “How did you…know?”

“I have never seen you come home so happily.” Junjin winked and got up from the bed. He was extremely thin. Unhealthily thin, and his cheeks had holes in them. The empty look in his eyes crept Hyesung’s soul and he just became sad. “I am going to the hospital…it’s Jin Kyo’s and my anniversary today.”

Hyesung nodded and his eyes fixed to the picture on the floor.

He will not let the stalker touch Eric.

Never.

 

Eric noticed how avoidant Hyesung was. He couldn’t blame him since he was avoiding him too. Only thing that managed to raise his heartbeat were the secret glances from the little prince. He seemed troubled, sad and confused every time those orbs visited Eric’s. The bodyguard comprehended that he had gotten something.

Of course he had.

He was the one being stalked after all. Eric just didn’t know if he had gotten a picture of him, which in this occasion was possible, or something about Junjin like he had gotten from Andy, who still made him skeptical of the man he had met. Even if it weren’t the stalker, he might as well have been a middle-aged man who had paid attention to the young boy who had lost someone too.

The bodyguard shook his head.

He couldn’t start being afraid of Andy’s bizarre point of view of the man. If he was nice, he was nice. Andy knew perfectly well what nice was. And he knew if the man was like their stepdad had been. Still Eric’s train of thoughts shouted in his head that Andy was gullible enough to trust anyone.

Hyesung glanced at him again.

God, Eric had fallen to those deep brown eyes.

He had fallen to those pink lips.

He had fallen to those chubby cheeks.

He had fallen to the man.

It was all unordinary. He couldn’t love him. Not now. Not ever.

The whole day he had been able to keep his hands off of him. The whole day he had been able not to give a damn of the willing to just kiss him and hug him. The whole day Eric had been able to be professional around him; avoidant.

“Eric,”

The bodyguard flinched.

“I need to talk to you…in private.”

Eric knew what that hue on Hyesung’s voice meant; not good news. He was surprised how tranquil he was at the moment. He merely nodded and followed the man into the empty convertible. Hyesung was back at him as the shoulder began to wiggle.

“Eric ah…”

The said man’s heart melted to the whisper of the name.

“This…won’t do.” Hyesung said as seriously as he could. “Us…it’s…not going to work.”

Eric would have gasped if he hadn’t seen that coming. Hyesung turned around and looked at him, eyes so miserable that Eric knew the stalker had been frightening Hyesung again. He realized it very well.

“The kiss was…beautiful…” The singer commented. “…and now you at least got some practice.” He tried to seem strong by chuckling.

“It’s never going to be the same with someone else.” Eric stated.

Hyesung’s face fell as he heard the smooth voice talking straightly. He looked at Eric. And he looked back at him. Hyesung flashed a smirk and clasped his hands against his hips. Eric felt his heart bursting but he knew it had to happen. It was safer. He didn’t want to lose Hyesung.

“We would have been an awful couple.” The younger man said, sensing his whole body tensing. “It wouldn’t have worked any ways.”

Eric nodded.

“I hope we can still stay professional…and would forget the kiss.” Hyesung was biting his cheeks when he said that. “I…can do it…but I hope you can too.”

“Of course…” The taller man convinced. “…I can…do it. We must.”

Hyesung sighed and Eric couldn’t stop thinking if it was sad one.

“Waah…I was afraid to talk to you…I kinda thought you would hate me forever. I mean,” The little prince blushed. “I stole your first kiss.”

“You did…” Eric spoke quietly. “…but…I am…happy. It was…indeed a…great prac…tice.”

Hyesung stared at him. “I wish you’d find someone great.” He murmured. “I really…do.”

Eric bowed his head and let his intense fists relax next to his thighs. He didn’t want that to happen, but if that was the only way to keep Hyesung safe, he was ready to make sacrifices. Though he loved him. Hyesung was trying hard to bite his tongue not to let the sadness overtake him. He flashed a wide smile and tapped Eric’s shoulder.

“Shall we go?” He suggested. “I wanna have a drink.”

 

Junjin cursed when his phone started ringing. His other one was stolen for the coffee cup and the other one had a present in it as he shoved the present onto his right forearm and fished the phone out of the pocket of his jeans. Junjin halted his steps for a minute as he slid the lock open and answered by pressing the green button. He greeted him casually, and continued walking on the street.

“Jin ah…I might get late today…so…you should eat while you’re at the center.” Hyesung’s voice announced. “And my phone will be off…so I will not be able to answer if you call.”

Junjin nodded and replied something quick to his hyung. He was passing a flower shop and a black car, which was abruptly switched on. Junjin looked through the window if he could see the driver but it was too dark. But according to the movements of the thin figure inside, he had seen something and had rushed to turn the key. Junjin frowned when the car left the car spot and started accelerating out of nowhere in the middle of the center where the traffic rules were strict.

What’s going on?” Hyesung interrogated.

“A car…” Junjin said scrunching down the two eyebrows. “…is going cra—OH NO!”

“Jin ah? Jin ah, what is it!?” Hyesung yelled into the phone, but Junjin was already running towards the destination of the car as he saw a man standing in the streetcorner. “Jin!” Junjin held the phone on his ear, panting while running, when the car suddenly turned towards the absentminded guy and proceeded to him in an extremely fast speed.

Either it was that the man was stupid not to notice, or he was in his thoughts as Junjin jumped onto him and tackled him onto the street, covering his head and neck so they wouldn’t get hurt. Junjin lifted his head at the car but it had vanished as fast as it had driven. The guy in his arms growled.

“Are you okay!?” Junjin asked, releasing the head carefully.

“I am fine.” The other one answered gently.

“That car definitely didn’t know where it was going.” Junjin muttered. “But I am happy I caught you.”

The guy opened his eyes and they met Junjin’s worried ones. They gasped at the same time as the shorter man said, “YOU!”

 

Eric wasn’t amused that Hyesung wanted to have a drink in a stripclub. He hated it; especially when the girls danced on his lap and he pretended (as well as Eric knew the man) to like it. Unlike Tae Hak, he managed to get Hyesung out of there before the new day started as it was already midnight when Eric pulled Hyesung from the chair and took him out of the club. The younger man was smiling widely.

But what shocked Eric and him, was the range of paparazzies, who were taking pictures of the little prince. Eric, violently, pushed them out of the way, forbidding them to take anymore pictures of him. But they didn’t listen.

Eric hastened his pace, pulling Hyesung behind him, unfortunately the paparazzies imitating him. Hyesung heard the low curses under the taller guy’s teeth as Eric’s legs commenced moving faster and faster until the paparazzies where far away from them and they could escape to an alley that was impossible to see.

It was also narrow.

The paparazzies ran past them and Eric covered Hyesung’s head by hugging him. The guy inhaled and Eric’s smell was poisonous, tickling his nostrils as he breathed in again. Eric leaned closer, pressing his front against Hyesung’s. His hand got onto the wall as he pulled his head from the shoulder and beheld him like he had never seen anything like that before.

“I think they are gone.” Hyesung crooned.

“I know.” Eric mumbled, leaning in.

“I guess…you don’t want to keep your promise.” Hyesung murmured, lifting his chin up.

Eric nodded.

“Then it’s okay.” Hyesung sighed and let Eric’s lips touch his.

The bodyguard slid his hands under Hyesung’s shirt and pulled him closer, pressing his body against his. Hyesung absorbed the warmth of Eric’s body and curled his arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. Eric slipped his tongue into the man’s mouth and devoured the other one. Hyesung let out a moan. It was exciting. Eric liked it as he twirled his tongue on Hyesung’s again, earning another moan from him, longer and deeper this time.

Hyesung forgot his ban. He forgot the stalker. He forgot the threat. He forgot what he had done before. And he forgot where he was. He forgot them everything because Eric was kissing him passionately, wantonly, hotly. He didn’t let him move. He didn’t let him dominate, not now. And Hyesung was letting him do it.

Eric’s arms went sternly around him.

He wanted him close to him.

He released the swollen, red lips and planted soft kisses onto Hyesung’s cheek, jawline and neck, finally daring to bite it softly. He heard the singer’s soft groans in his ears while his arms moved around the thin waist. Hyesung loved the feeling of Eric’s thick lips on his jawline. His pulse must’ve been rapid.

Eric nibbled the soft spot, marking Hyesung with his teeth. The little prince moved his hands onto Eric’s hips and went onto the hem of the shirt, tardily rising it up. Eric returned to the lips and was as ravenous as he had been earlier. He seized Hyesung’s hands and lifted them onto his chest where the fingers started ing the line. Eric put his hands into Hyesung’s shirt and d the skin with his burning palms.

Hyesung meddled with Eric.

It was his duty.

Eric’s stomach twirled as he pulled the little prince deeper into the alley and gulped down the moans of rising lust. Hyesung was almost done with the buttons when Eric noticed an old wooden door, leading to a little building with only one room. The bodyguard walked together with Hyesung and sat down onto an ancient bed, Hyesung hovering on top of him. Then Eric turned them around and slid the t-shirt off of Hyesung.

“Hye…sung…” He prompted, hands slowly landing onto the zipper of the jeans.  

“Yes?”

“I…like…you.”

“I…” Hyesung flushed red. “…do too.”

“A lot.” They said in unison, as Eric ped the jeans.

 

Eric hyung…

Eric hyung…help…me…

Hyung…help…me…

Eric hyung, help me!

Last thing Andy remembered was the face of his savior. The man he had met in the grieving room. Last thing he remembered was how the man had helped him to get up by the right arm but the shoulder had been in pain. The brown haired man had asked him to take off the hoodie so it would have been easier to check but all of a sudden Andy’s legs had given in and he had fainted.

It was the subsiding adrenaline that caused it.

Andy heard the voice of the tall and handsome man shouting, and he felt his sleeves being nibbled. He was suddenly lifted onto something. Onto stretchers. The young guy opened his eyes slightly and he saw the man fussing around, yelling at people if they weren’t fast enough.

“We have to undress his hoodie.” The calm voice of a woman said.

Andy’s heart jumped.

“Well then do it!” the man shouted.

“Yes, Sir.” She said and commenced pulling the sleeves of the black hoodie.

Andy wanted to prevent it but the words he wanted to say didn’t come out. He moved his head and opened his eyes a bit more as they were fixed to the man next to the bed. The dark haired man stared at him.

“N…o.” Andy shook his head.

“What?”

“No…no…” Andy tried again, the other sleeve of the hoodie off. “No…n…o.”

The man from the grieving room frowned.

“Woah…” the lady said as she had removed both of the sleeves.

“What is it?” the tall man questioned as he leaned closer. Andy closed his eyes ashamed and felt the tears cramming through his eyelids when the woman gulped and turned to the man, whose mouth was open. The savior was shown the scars that surrounded Andy’s arms from neck to the wrist. “Are those…fresh?” he interrogated.

The nurse sighed and replied, “Some of them are.” 

 

 

When Eric came home (late at night), Andy wasn’t there. The panic began to rise inside Eric as he ran around the apartment, checking rooms where he might be. As he was about to enter the bathroom, the wanted man stepped into the house, cheeks red.

“YAH!” Eric yelled. “Where…have you…been!?”

Andy cleared his throat. “I was almost run over by a car.” He responded.

“WHAT!?”

“Don’t worry.” Andy told. “I was saved by that man from the grieving room.”

Eric scurried over to Andy frantically, as he started checking him up and down. The boy bemoaned when the older man lifted his right arm. Eric gasped and looked at him shocked. He removed the sleeve of the hoodie and saw the bandage around the small shoulder. Andy blushed even more as he commenced explaining: “I had hurt my shoulder, I fainted due to the shock and the man took me into the hospital and they nursed me there. They wrapped it and told me to have a package of ice on it.”

Eric watched deeply into Andy’s eyes. “Are you…okay!?” was the only thing he wanted to know. Andy pouted sadly as he looked away and let his lower lip quiver. Eric furrowed his eyebrows.

“He saw my scars…I am ashamed.”

Eric cupped the younger lad’s face. Andy pursed his lips even more and looked absolutely cute that way. Eric flashed him a smile that Andy hadn’t seen in years.

“At least…you…are fine.” He sighed.

“Hyung?” Andy whined. “He thinks I am a cutter!”

 

Hyesung sneaked into the apartment. He hadn’t known that the time with Eric would take him several hours, plus, extra clinginess from his behalf. Though Eric had been as clingy as him, as they had tried to separate from each other, they had realized that the buttons on Eric’s shirt were terribly buttoned. They were in trouble when Tae Hak caught Hyesung by phone.

Hyesung tried to be quiet because of Junjin who was sleeping already. He tiptoed towards the stairs when the lights in the bathroom switched off and the door flew open. Hyesung’s heart skipped beats.

“JESUS CHRIST!” he yelled.

“Oh, hyung?” Junjin mumbled.

His eyes were red and he didn’t seem refreshed at all. He had Jin Kyo’s light blue t-shirt in his hands as he advanced the living room. Hyesung followed him, pondering whether he should ask had the man eaten all day, because to Hyesung it surely looked like he hadn’t. Junjin sat down onto the couch he was sleeping as he adjusted the pillow and the shirt next to him.

“How come you aren’t resting?” Hyesung asked.

“I was occupied to stay at the hospital.” The younger man replied. Hyesung sat down to the vacant seat next to Junjin and he took his hand. The taller man glanced at him and sighed. “I am fine, hyung.”

Hyesung nodded though he disagreed.

“No, really, I am okay.” Junjin tried to convince. “I didn’t cry as much as I did yesterday.”

“You…didn’t?” Hyesung questioned.

Junjin inhaled heavily. “Something else distracted my thoughts.” He murmured. “Something that made me realize that my life has been nothing against his.”

Hyesung scrunched his eyebrows down. But as he was about to open his mouth, Junjin flashed him a grin (exhausted one) and wiggled his eyebrows. Hyesung comprehended what that meant but acted as if he didn’t.

“What are the bruises on your neck?” Junjin interrogated amused.

“Eh!?” Hyesung quickly covered them up. “I was at the strip club today.” He said.

Junjin poked him. “Yah, hyung! No girl can do such a big mark. You were with Eric hyung right!?”

“Aish…you kid.” Hyesung ruffled Junjin’s hair. “Who is the one who made you stay at the hospital?”

“Yah! Don’t change the subject!” Junjin raised his voice. “You were with hyung!”

Hyesung blushed. “Why do you care?” He muttered.

“I care…because you might be able to make him open up.” Junjin smiled.

“You think so?”

“I know so.” Junjin kicked the man off of the sofa as he put his legs onto the other end and hugged Jin Kyo’s shirt, speaking, “Happy anniversary, Jin Kyo ah.”