Chapter 10

The Bodyguard

plot twist number 2

:D 

ENJOY!


Chapter 10:

“What?” Eric frowned. “What…do you…mean?”

Andy had crossed his arms on top of his chest, Sa Rah standing behind him. She looked horrified, but Eric knew that she was only playing innocent in his eyes. And Andy didn’t see it. Hyesung didn’t know where to go since the apartment was small. He just stared at Eric and the young guy, who seemed rather calm compared to Eric. Hyesung then glanced at the girl.

“You heard me hyung,” Andy spoke sternly. “You are my jail. You are the one who keeps me inside these four walls. You don’t let me do what I want. You don’t let me get comfortable with my scars.” He babbled peacefully, eyes showing nothing but some sort of fury.

Eric couldn’t tolerate the tone his brother was using, but he couldn’t yell at the only guy he had loved ever since he was born. Eric had never, ever, in his life argued with Andy. They had never fought, they had never quarreled and they had never had any kind of disagreements, except now. The taller guy fisted his hands so hard that the nails dug into the skin.

“Andy,” he mumbled so lowly and scarily that Hyesung’s backbone shivered. “Have you…forgotten…what I…have…done to you!?” he raised his voice. “Have you…forgotten…that I…am your brother!? Have you…forgotten…what protecting you…has made…me do!?” he screamed.

Hyesung frowned.

Andy nodded. “Yes. How could I forget?” he replied. Eric could hear the sarcastic hue in the voice. “How long, exactly, did it take for you to save me, huh? How long did you listen to my praying and cries in our room? How long did it take for you to understand that those men had with my small body in the living room, kitchen, our stepdad’s bedroom, toilets, and the laundry room and even once on my bed when you weren’t home?” Andy questioned. “It’s all in the past, hyung. I have moved on.”

“YOU HAVEN’T MOVED ON!” Eric yelled.

Sa Rah flinched, hand grabbing Andy’s sleeve. Hyesung startled by Eric’s non-pausing speech. The bodyguard had shimmering eyes. He was going to cry. He was frustrated.

“You haven’t…moved on.” Eric wailed. “You have done…everything…else, but…moved on.” He stated, voice trembling. “You haven’t…gotten comfortable…with the scars. You…have become…careless.” He commented. “Andy, you…aren’t the Andy…I’ve known.”

“Isn’t that good?” Andy interrogated. “I am not the Andy I was before. Sa Rah thinks I am perfect as I am. She likes me just the way I am. Why can’t you?”

Eric’s knuckles were white when Hyesung looked at him. He was confused by everything. He didn’t understand what had happened between Eric and his brother. But one thing was sure; he wanted to hug Eric so much. Those eyes could break down into tears at any time.

“Because…I know…you.” Eric answered. “I know…you.”

Andy snorted.

“And this,” Eric moved his hand up and down, gesturing at him. “…is not…you.”

“THEN WHO AM I!?” Andy screamed.

Eric cleared his throat. Only then Hyesung knew that it was the thing Eric did when he tried to prevent his tears coming out. The bodyguard didn’t want others (mostly him) to see that he could cry over his own brother.

“Not…my brother.” Eric responded.

Andy’s posture drew back a bit. His pupils shrank. He hadn’t waited an answer like that.

“I guess Sa Rah was right then.” The younger guy laughed bitterly. “You are the reason why I haven’t healed from my past.” He muttered. “You forbade me to touch people who I didn’t know. You forbade me to be alone in places at middle of the night. You forbade me to go to the beach in t-shirt and shorts because they wouldn’t understand.” Andy went on, “You always said I am not a freak. But whose stepdad would have with you when no one’s home?”

“It wasn’t !” Eric shouted. “It wasn’t…!”

Andy’s lower lip was quivering, Hyesung saw it. It was only a matter of a time when either one of the broke down.

“It was in my eyes, hyung.” Andy spilled out.

Eric growled frustratingly and rubbed his face, blocking the tears in his lacrimal duct. Hyesung took some courage as he placed his hand onto Eric’s shoulder and felt it tensing. Oh, yeah. He had the scar on it. The little prince pulled the hand off and regretted it immediately.

“Why can’t…you understand!?” Eric cried out. “It wasn’t !! It was…a ! You…couldn’t enjoy it!” He yelled. “Why are…you…so ing idiot!?”

Andy was surprised by the curse word.

“Why…can’t you…admit…that he… you?” Eric asked sadly. “Why can’t…you…admit…that you aren’t…you?”

“BECAUSE I AM ME! I am Andy. I have become comfortable that I am a freak because I can be freak with Sa Rah.” He replied. “She makes me feel comfortable. She is my girl. She is my cure. She makes my life perfect. And she, in fact, made me understand how difficultly and wrongly you have treated me.”

That was it. Eric got pissed.

“So this…Sa Rah of yours…made…me the bad…guy!?” He yelled. “I can’t…believe…this.” he chuckled annoyed. “My own brother…thinks…I am the…bad…guy. My little Andy…who I…saved, who…I have…protected, turned…his back…because of a girl…he just met? Don’t you…see…Andy ya…she is…the hatemonger!”

The eyes on the younger guy’s face transformed to murderous. “Say that…again.”

“SHE IS…THE HATEMONGER! NOT ONCE…IN OUR LIVES…HAVE WE FOUGHT WITH…EACH…OTHER!” Eric screamed. “SHE…DOESN’T BELONG…HERE!”

Eric was pushed aside, colliding with Hyesung, as Andy strode past him, Sa Rah’s wrist in his hand as they advanced the door and exited the apartment, door banging closed. Hyesung felt the bodyguard’s body on his as his shirt began to get wet.

Eric had broken down.

“Eric…”

“…”

“Please…talk to me.”  

 

Hyesung walked around the small kitchen, trying to find a cup of some sort. Eric had nodded to his plea of telling everything the man needed to tell. Hyesung had said to own a recipe of some tranquilizing drink which he was about to prepare for the bodyguard. His heartbeat was loud and clear when he returned the living room and Eric was changing his outfit.

“You aren’t angry at me?” He asked suddenly.

Eric looked at him nonchalantly, a bit hurting Hyesung with those eyes.

“I mean, you did flinch and run away when I last time touched your scars.” The little prince small talked. “And…I don’t know if you are angry with me, but, I am sorry. I didn’t know about…this.”

“No.” the bodyguard shook his head, grabbing a shirt from the backrest of the chair. “How…could have you…known?” he muttered.

Hyesung stepped closer to him and gave him the drink he had been preparing in the kitchen. Eric took it and gulped it down quickly, passing the cup back to the young master. Hyesung, however, didn’t get back to the kitchen.

“Did your stepdad abuse you too?” Eric cringed by the worried question.

“No.”

“Why do you have scars?” Hyesung had a frown between his eyebrows when the taller man turned around and faced him.

“I…didn’t listen…to him.” Eric answered. “So…he cut and sliced me…and Andy.”

Hyesung gasped, collapsing onto the couch. “So, what did you do?” he then interrogated.

“To?”

“To your stepdad. How did you manage to get yourself a home?” The little prince fondled the handle of the teacup.

Eric shifted his eyes to the door behind Hyesung and shook his head. That was a sign for him not to ask anymore. But he wanted to tell. He wanted to tell someone and he hoped that someone was Hyesung. The young master laughed abruptly.

“What’s…funny?” The bodyguard snapped gently.

“Actually, I have another secret I haven’t told anyone.” The younger man whispered.

Eric felt the corner of his mouth curving upwards. “What is…it?”

“When I was 19, I watched through a window late at night,” Hyesung began. “There was a mountain behind my granny’s house.” He was staring at the cup in his hands. “I saw two figures: a taller and a smaller one. They started digging the ground and then, after the sun had almost risen, the taller one dropped something, like a body, to the pit.” Eric’s eyes were widened by the shock. “And next morning, I went and checked the place, but it was like the ground hadn’t been dug at all. But I am still certain that someone was burying someone, Eric.” Hyesung eyed him determined.

The bodyguard couldn’t look at the man. What were the odds that Hyesung was the only eye witness in their stepdad’s murder? What was it? A destiny?

Hyesung cackled again. “I am sorry. I just had to tell this. For a second I actually thought that—“

“What?” Eric hissed. “That we...would...have...killed our...stepdad?”

“Exactly. But I know it’s ridiculous.” Hyesung commented. “So ridiculous.”

 

Three days went past and Andy hadn’t even visited home. He hadn’t called, nor sent messages. He was gone. Eric knew that Andy would always come home. But this time, he wasn’t alone. Sa Rah was with him, provoking him and telling him what to do, sending stimuli to the younger lad’s already rotten brain.

Hyesung was already asleep when Eric returned home and stepped into the dark foyer. When he entered the living room, there was a surprise waiting.

Andy, he thought.

The guy turned his head and those deadly tired eyes with huge dark bags under them, stared at him, not having any emotions in them. Eric was about to run to him and hug him because he was okay, when he noticed the girl next to Andy, dropping candle wax onto his upper body. Andy smirked, expressionless eyes following the draining wax until it solidified right before it could sink into the belly button.

Eric’s chest ached.

“Oppa,” the girl murmured to the man next to him.

As if that being the behest, Andy took the candle and poured it onto his shoulder and chest. His eyes didn’t even flinch. He didn’t even scream. He just followed the wax. Sa Rah leaned onto Andy’s shoulder and smiled at him, kissing his cheek softly.

Eric could see it; Andy had some new wounds on him. They were fresh.

“Andy,” the girl whispered. “Your brother is staring at us.”

The said man tossed his head around to his big brother and grinned. Usually that grin brightened up Eric’s day, but this time, it was frightening. It wasn’t childish like it used to be. There was nothing, nothing, left from the old Andy.

“Hi…bro.” The little brother greeted. “What’s up?”

Eric sensed how the tears crammed out and went down through his cheeks, his tongue tasting sudden saltiness. Maybe it was his hope speaking, or something like that, but Andy’s (the real one who lived inside the counterfeit one) eyes turned soft for a fraction of a second. But as soon as Eric sniffed and closed his eyes, Andy was back to the zombie mode.

“I was out.” Andy responded though Eric hadn’t asked. But the older man saw how Sa Rah was mumbling into his ear. “And I found myself.”

The tears hastened their pace.

“I decided to try if I can make my own scars to feel less freaky.” Andy explained slowly, eyes wandering around, Sa Rah still muttering to him. “And I feel really good.”

Eric said nothing. He just watched how the girl slowly killed the last bit of his little brother and pulled out the childhood ghost. Eric just cried. It was only thing he could do now. There was nothing his body could do.

“See how pathetic he is?” She whispered inaudibly. “He cries. He is weak.”

Andy glanced at his brother and again, Eric saw the inconspicuous soft gaze in them as Andy mouthed. “I’ve never seen him crying before.”

In that moment, Eric decided to act. He marched towards the couch, grasped the girl’s wrist hard and dragged her with him towards the door, which he opened. Sa Rah couldn’t react when the door was hit at her face and Eric locked it, not letting her in. Andy glared at him, but if his body hadn’t been so weak, he would have gotten up and would have attacked.

Eric beheld Andy in silence, the tears tainting the masculine face. He saw the anger in Andy’s eyes, the betrayal of brotherhood.

Forgive me…

 

“Is he here?” A man in his mid-30s asked.

“Yeah. He is in the living room.” The stepdad responded. “I already dealt with him so he might be weak.” He explained.

The man, who entered the foyer, snorted. “I won’t pay the full price if you have exhausted him.” He said. “I don’t want anyone to tire him.”

The stepdad rolled his eyes and accepted the lowered price of Andy. The man walked to the living room, followed by the abuser. The stepdad grabbed the wooden chair and put it under the doorhandle making sure that Eric wouldn’t rush out to safe the feeble little boy. What the man didn’t know was Eric’s arcane closet in which he had a small hole to peak through. He saw the stranger kneeling down next to his little brother, who held his breath when the hands explored his body.

“He seems a bit inanimate.” He said.

Eric’s shirt creased under his fist when Andy’s eyes went shut and the finger the chubby cheeks and the lips.

“I might have been too rough on him, I guess.” The stepdad mumbled, rubbing his neck as he kicked Andy and told him to move.

The boy did.

“You have 10 minutes. Next customer comes at five.”

The stranger nodded and went for the underage boy whose breathing visibly thickened and speeded out in Eric’s eyes. His heartbeat rose and his mouth formed to an angry pout. Whatever the man was doing to poor Andy, he didn’t enjoy it at all.

Then the doorbell rang.

Three men entered the apartment.

But Eric could only see them when they showed up in the living room.

They had piles of paper money in their hands.

So much money, Eric pondered. Those we could use with Andy, he bit his lower lip.

Andy's tedious body dropped hard onto the laminated floor, as the man slapped his and said he had done well. Eric saw the terrified look in his eyes when the three guys lifted him up and two guys held him while the one was having fun.

Eric’s fists got against the wooden door of the closet.

All of a sudden, they were opened and he fell onto his back.

“You bastard.” The stepdad hissed, kicking Eric’s rib. “Why are you always on my way!?” he screamed, kicking the older son more and more. “Why can’t you be as obedient as our Andy!?” the letter knife in the man’s hands ripped Eric’s forearm and chest, blood sweltering from the slits. Eric held his breath. It hurt so ing much. “If you were like Andy, you would be my favorite son.”

Eric endured the cuts, since his brother was being right next to him. He had to endure. He couldn’t attack the man.

“Look,” the man commanded. “Look, how happy, satisfied, aroused your little brother makes my friends.” The man lifted his leg and slammed his foot against Eric’s face, preventing him from turning away. “Look. He likes it.”

Eric jerked his body, while his lips screamed, “Andy!”

“ANDY! ANDY!”

The door of the bedroom flew open as Hyesung ran towards the bed and commenced shaking Eric’s form forcefully. Eric was crying in his sleep and his arms fought against Hyesung when they pulled him into the bed and Eric hovered onto him and fought back. Hyesung was strong enough to catch the hands and stop the disastrous thoughts the nightmare had caused. He waited for Eric to calm down and slowly open his eyes.

“Eric,” Hyesung said sadly, lying under the man.

Eric was blushing when he realized that the proximity between him and Hyesung was zero. He didn’t even want to look around the bed to see how messy it was. He tardily rolled onto his back and eventually went onto his right side, pretending that nothing had happened.

“Eric,” Hyesung tried again.

He heard a faint sneer.

“Look at me.”

The bodyguard shook his head against the pillow, the fabric raffling. Hyesung pulled him by the arm around and stared at him.

“If you hadn’t screamed, I wouldn’t have woken up from my nightmare.” He confessed shyly, noticing Eric’s quizzical frown. “I…dreamt of the stalker…that he could find me.”

“He won’t.” Eric mumbled. “I told no one you came here…only Tae Hak.”

Hyesung blinked his eyes in amazement.

“What?”

“You…you…spoke without any pauses.” The little prince gasped. “Waah!”

The bodyguard blushed.

“Can I ask…?” Hyesung played with his own fingers. “You are quite wealthy…why would you live in a place like this?”

Eric shrugged. “More…comfortable.” He answered.

Hyesung nodded and let the moment fall into tranquility. His eyes fixed to Eric’s and the older man was more handsome than he had ever been. Hyesung sensed the blood rising to his cheeks as he leaned closer. Eric looked at the face for a moment before he commenced advancing him and felt the warm breathing on his cheeks.

Eric was just about to plant his hand behind Hyesung’s neck when he pulled off and said, “I can’t…do this.”

Hyesung glared at him before he turned around and “fell asleep”.   

 

After three and a half days, Andy hadn’t heard anything about Sa Rah. She hadn’t visited the website, she didn’t text back to Andy’s messages, nor had she even read them. Eric was worried about the slowly transforming little brother, who constantly refreshed the page on the laptop and checked if his phone had died.

But every time, he had to be disappointed.

Eric returned home late every day. And every time, Andy was sitting by the computer, refreshing the page.

Then Eric noticed the depression in the younger lad. He didn’t eat. He didn’t speak. He didn’t sleep. He was almost the Andy, he had longed for, except that there was no laughter. Andy wasn’t happy. He had come back from the darkness but something thicker was now dampening his feeble figure.

Then Eric saw the knife in the kitchen.

There was blood.

His teeth dug onto his cheeks as he grabbed the thing and ran towards the bathroom, to which Andy had ran when he had come back from outside. The lock of the door didn’t work properly so Eric crashed it open and met Andy’s petrified gaze.

He was putting a cast around his wrist.

“What…the …are you doing!?” Eric shouted.

Andy’s eyes suddenly became watery. “It was an accident.” He confessed. “I didn’t mean to…cut myself. It just…scratched it.”

Somehow Eric believed that.

“I was about to do it…but couldn’t, so I placed the knife back but it slid from my hands and scratched it.” Andy explained.

Eric stared at him and the bandage. Andy’s eye bags were even deeper and darker than days earlier. He was thin and his cheeks had holes in them. His phone beeped and he hurried to slide it open as he placed it onto his ear and greeted relieved.

Then the smile concealed.

Eric furrowed his eyebrows, when Andy, after the phone call, threw his phone to the cement wall and crouched down, hands getting onto his ears.

“Andy…” Eric murmured. “…who was it?”

The younger guy lifted his callous eyes at his brother as he gulped and said, “Sa Rah…committed...a suicide..” 


Sa Rah's suicide IS NOT Eric's fault. 

Don't you dare blame him. XD 

Also, what did you like the little plot twist!? MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! 

Now, my plot is perfect. 

And also, I will take a break...like four days....because this has been super angst to write so my feels are going ups and downs and like....i am a very bubbly and hyper person (like...ahem...some of you know)...so I need a break so I can plan something fluffy and romantic and lighter for you guys. Believe me there are several coming. :) 

And also, I am tired. It's 0:18Am. yyyyaaaaayyyy! XD

FIGHTING!

And please, leave a comment. 

Rant, fangirl, compliment, whatever you like....

FIGHTING!