Chapter 1

The Bodyguard

Here it begins. ^^ 

Enjoy! 

Comments please. XD


The bodyguard

Hyesung stepped out of the mansion and immediately he saw his best dongsaeng, Junjin, standing in front of the car that was already on. Hyesung knew that Junjin was a tardy-doll but there wasn’t a day when he was late. Junjin grinned when he saw his hyung advancing him and smiling at him as he waved his hand (unprofessionally might I add) and almost hugged Hyesung when he got in front of him.

“Aish,” Hyesung gestured with his hand. “You have to be more professional.” He added.

Junjin puckered up his lips.

“Don’t pout at me Park Chung Jae.” Hyesung ordered. “Or I will fire you!”

To that Junjin’s smile concealed. “Well, actually, hyung…”

“What?” Hyesung asked.

“I…I…umm…” Junjin stuttered.

“Yes?”

Junjin closed his eyes and shook his head. “Ah, nothing. I forgot it.” He lied. “Let’s go shall we. Your father isn’t going to expect you for a long time.”

 

Hyesung adjusted his tie and stomped his feet, heaving a sigh, before he entered the huge building and got greeted by the third secretary on the week.

“Your father is expecting you.” The woman said with a smile.

“Thank you,” Hyesung said, bowing his head down.

Junjin followed him in silence, arms straightly next to his body, sunglasses covering his eyes, hair cleanly wavy and suit fitting perfectly. His walkie-talkie hung from the belt and it buzzed every now and then, informing Junjin about the surroundings of the building. The gun was hidden, but everyone knew that the Shinhwa Company had the most professional and most expensive bodyguards in the whole city of Seoul so gun was a must have item; of course it was needed as a protection. And Hyesung was happy to own one of the best bodyguards in his father’s company.

Though, Junjin wasn’t the number one and he was still very young (there was one who was number one in everything, though Hyesung had no idea who he was), he still had been able to protect Hyesung for four years. And even though Junjin was younger, he was more mature looking than Hyesung himself.

“Ah, Pil Kyo,” the old man behind the desk smiled.

“Oh, father.” Hyesung grinned, ignoring the name his father used.

Junjin bowed once and then exited the office to let the two alone to deal with their things.

“Son,” President Jung began. “I’ll travel abroad for couple of days and…” he got up from the seat. “…I need you to take care of this company once in a while.”

Hyesung nodded.

“I would’ve asked Jin Kyo, but his condition is what it is and so I decided to ask you.” Mr. Jung explained.

“And since I am older than him.” Hyesung mumbled inaudibly.

President Jung threw his arm behind his back and cleared his throat, “I don’t want to bother your career, but I really need you.” He spoke.

Hyesung moved the strands of hair off of his forehead as he flashed a smile and tapped his hand onto his father’s shoulder.

“I’ll work hard dad.” He promised.

 

Junjin stood like a statue when Hyesung and his father came out of the office. They laughed couple of times, before the much older man patted his son’s head and asked him to leave. Hyesung bowed one last time and without asking, Junjin started to follow him.

“Hyung,” He whispered.

“Yes?”

“There’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it?” Hyesung questioned while waiting for his chauffer to open the car door. Junjin marched behind him and nodded as a gratitude to the chauffer and joined his boss. “You know you can tell me anything.”

Junjin had a straight face.

“I’m serious. Just tell me.” Hyesung said.

Junjin took a deep breath and set his eyes to the man. “I’ve been resigned.”

 

Maybe it was the faint melancholic music or the alcohol that fountained in his body which made Hyesung feel tired, no one knew, but it had been four hours, 36 minutes and 9 seconds after he had heard that his sweetest dongsaeng and greatest bodyguard, not to mention his only best friend, had been resigned just because he had gotten another (meaning better) offer. It didn’t matter, since being a bodyguard wasn’t as life-long as being the manager, who was now pulling his boss’ sleeve to get him out of the bar, but Junjin was like a brother to Hyesung.

He was his baby bird.

“Please,” the manager pleaded. “Hyung!”

Hyesung gorged the drink down to his throat, gesturing with his hand to get another one. Tae Hak, Hyesung’s manager, frowned disappointed as he decided to just give up.

“Aish, you really are depressed that Junjin was being resigned. Think of this as a great opportunity for him to learn about other people. He’s still young. Now he can get happy while working with someone greater than you.” Tae Hak explained. “Besides, I haven’t seen Junjin so happy in ages.”

Hyesung sighed. “Do you think he’s going to miss me?”

“What?”

“Is he going to miss me in that new great job?” Hyesung repeated.

Tae Hak inhaled deeply before he clasped his hand onto Hyesung’s shoulder and nodded. “Of course, hyung. Of course he will miss you.”

Hyesung turned his head and smiled at the manager.

“Thanks Tae Hakie,” he mumbled.

“You’re welcome.” Tae Hak grinned. “Are we now all settled and can leave?”

Hyesung nodded briefly and stepped off from the chair. When he turned around abruptly, a tall, dark, handsome and serious looking man stood in front of him, staring at him like an exhibition or something. He was drunk, Hyesung could see it. But so was he and so he decided to just let the stranger be since he didn’t want to fight with him now.

There wasn’t chance for the stranger after all.

“Hyung!” Tae Hak shouted. “Come on!”

Hyesung was just about to leave when something inside him bubbled and rose up, wanting to exit his mouth, as he bowed down and let out large amount of some liquid. Hyesung panted as he had finished it and when he lifted his head, the tall figure stared at him, face not even stirring.

“What?” Hyesung snapped. “You’ve never seen anyone vomit before?”

The stranger opened his mouth but right at that moment, Tae Hak caught his boss’ hand and pulled him out of the bar. The tall creature followed the trails that remained from the two, and noticed the scarf that that man had left there, as he grabbed the silky piece of fabric.

He stared at the scarf in his hands for a while before a scream made him cringe.

“Hyung! I’m not going to wait any longer! Please, come already!”

The man shoved his hand and picked up his pace.

“Ish…you sure were a long time in the bathroom.” said the other one. “Mr. Eric Mun is always making others wait.”

 Eric, the stranger, rolled his eyes.

“Come hyung. Let’s go.”

 

 

Next morning Hyesung wasn’t willing to see his new bodyguard. He sat in the car, arms crossed onto his chest, not listening to Tae Hak’s pleas and begs. He closed his ears from the world and stared at the seat in front of him. Tae Hak’s voice slowly tuned out. Hyesung heaved a sigh when the manager stopped talking and exited the car.

“Please, Hyesung hyung.” Tae Hak chanted. “If you come now, the meeting will be finished sooner. You just have to meet your new bodyguard. Your father says that he’s the number one. He has passed every test greatly and his grades were exquisite. And the rumor says that this guy can kill a man without feeling any remorse.” He babbled excited.

Hyesung sighed again.

“Please,” Tae Hak whispered. “Let’s just meet him and you’re free.”

The young master exhaled and clumsily got out from the car, fixing his eyes to Tae Hak, who triumphantly grinned to him. “Oh, wipe that grin off of your face. I’m only doing this because I want to, not because you told me to.” He scoffed.

Tae Hak lifted his hands and waited for Hyesung to clean himself up.

When they finally got into the deepest floors of the company, Hyesung felt regret growing inside him. He missed Junjin and wanted him back but he knew that Junjin was happy. He plodded next to Tae Hak until a decent aged man (he had wrinkles more than Hyesung and they were at least same aged) advanced them and shook hands with the both of them.

“Nice to finally meet you, young master Jung.” The man said. “I’m honored that you’re going to use my bodyguards.”

Hyesung smiled. “Of course. Only the best one is right for our family.”

“Indeed.” The short man said. “Well, can I take you to the gym? Mr. Mun is having his daily exercise.”

Hyesung and Tae Hak nodded and the man gestured with his hand for them to go in before him. When the two entered the large room, they saw a back of a tall man, hitting a punching bag with force. It flew back and forth and each time the man hit it harder as if he had held grudge towards it.

“Eric!” the trainer shouted.

Hyesung didn’t pay attention to the man until he turned around and those dark and secretive eyes set to his. The bodyguard’s short and black hair was glued to his forehead due to the sweat and his boxing gloves covered his hands that were sluggishly next to his thighs. The black top emphasized the strong built body and his mouth and nose were big but not in a disturbing way; quite the opposite. His stubble looked like it hadn’t been shaved off in days, yet it only made the man look more handsome and mystical. Plus, he seemed familiar.

“This is Eric Mun.” The trainer said. “Your new bodyguard.”     

“Hyung…”the door cracked open and a boy popped his head in..

“What?” A  five years older guy snapped in his sleep.

“I saw a bad dream.”

The older one sat up on his bed. “What was it about?”

The boy seemed to hesitate since he rubbed his upper arm and bit his lower lip anxiously. The older one moved to the end of the bed and grabbed his hands, the palms gently. The smaller boy lifted his head and tears were running through his chubby cheeks.

“It was…was…about him.” He whispered, voice trembling.

The taller boy cringed and he felt the anger running through his veins. “Andy ya,” he mumbled. “Forget him. He’s dead…remember?”

The boy nodded.

“He won’t come back. Never again.”