Typical Jock Day

Jock+Nerd=Error

Ch. 9: Typical Jock Day

Mark's POV

Having dinner with Coach Park and Hyojin was probably a great experience for me. It was like, having a dinner with you girlfriends parents... or parent for that matter. I felt kind of awkward in the beginning, but Coach Park being the bright person he is - when Hyojin isn't - he made me feel like family. Family... with Coach Park, I like the sound of that.

"Yo hyung!" Yugyeom yelled in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts, only to realize that I am in school. In my seat, waiting for school to start. I took out my phone to check the time, I only have 20 minutes. Why would I be at school this early? Oh right, because right before I went to bed, Jaemi texted me saying that she has some sort of surprise for me. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a long, lingering kiss. Just like the other surprises...

"Oppa!" and speaking of the devil.

I turned, "Jaemi-ah." I didn't sound amused at all.

"Oppa did you miss me?" she asked as she hugged me. Man, she's hugging me like it's the end of the world.

Did I miss her? To be honest, not that much since Hyojin is the person I miss. "Of course." I said in a voice that I did, but sounded convincing.

"How about us?" the rest of my crew behind me were witnesses to the whole thing. They shot glares at her. Got7 never really liked Jaemi, I never really understood why, but now I do.

Reasons why Got7 hates Jaemi:
-Clingy
-Cheater
-Fake
-Copy
-Acts cute at times she's not suppose to

And etc. etc. Last night, I was planning on breaking up with her. But both of our reputations are at the very top and we are known as the school's "Best Couple". Psh, they don't know what I go through to earn that title. I didn't even want that title, but Jaemi threatened me, with something I can't quite remember, and now... I'm trapped.

"Do you want you surprise now, oppa?" she asked me, in a seductive voice. I could even hear the boys gag behind me. Jaemi's definition of seductive is to bat you eyelashes while smirking. Not a good view. Why did I even date this woman? Haha. Then I thought of something.

"Yeah, babe. Let's go to our place." I winked on the last word. I can tell that the boys were confused. They don't know what's coming to them. Jaemi and I got to our usually "place" - the bench behind the library - and sat on it, as planned.She was all excited and I can see her staring at my lips, not my eyes. Come one, relationships should have eye contact. Especially in a speacial moment like this. "Babe~" I said in a cute voice.

"Yes sweetie?" she asked, STILL staring at my lips. Somehow I want to say, 'Missy, I called you, that's your cue to look into my eyes!' But I'm too nice to actually say that. I put my hands on hers. That triggered her eyes to make contact with mines.

I took a deep, deep breath, "Jaemi. I-" and there it goes. The long, lingering kiss. I didn't even dare to kiss back, but she seemed so into it that she couldn't notice that my lips aren't moving, at all. Her tongue is going around my lips, her saliva around my lips, and her hands on the back of my neck. I'm not enjoying this one bit. I think I've had enough. I pushed her and she tried catching her breath.

"What's wrong oppa?" she asked, innocently.

I continued what I meant to say before she interrupted me, "Jaemi, I'm breaking up with you."

Her shoulders dropped, "W-what?" she stuttered.

"I'm sorry Jaemi. It's just... not working out anymore. I hope you can understand." I need to keep my cool man card in place. I didn't want her to feel bad that it's her fault, when it is, so I tried to blame myself.

"May I ask why?" somehow, her tone is rising like she's about to rip my hair off for breaking up with her. I opened my mouth, but she cut me off. "Do you have any idea who I am? I can show everyone that picture of you when you were a little kid, ." Oh, so that was what she threatened me with? What a childish threat. "And if you break up with me, you're not going to only ruin my reputation, but also your reputation." She scoffed. "Everything we had was perfect, head cheerlead and the football quarterback going out. We are both popular. Everyone envies us. And we hang out with popular people." Are those the only reasons why she's dating me? "Do you want all that to go down the drain?"

I looked at her, "Yes, Jaemi. I want all of that to go away because you know what? Maybe I am tired of being popular. I want to know how it feels like to not have a movie perfect jock life." I took a deep breath. "Here's are my answers. The reason why I am breaking up with you is being you're clingy, fake, a copy, and you're never serious at times you're supposed to. Oh, and that photo?" I laughed, "Go ahead, show everyone. Most people in this world should at least have one picture. Bye Jaemi." I stood up, feeling proud of what I threw at her, and walked away. But before I really walked away, I turned around and said my last words to her, "I know about Jaewook." I can hear her jaw drop and I left the area, smirking.

I walked through the halls as a new, fresh person. I'm no longer the taken-by-Jaemi person anymore, I am the new single-jock-Mark-Tuan. And it feels good. I don't know why jocks always need a spouse, when it feels very good to be single. The air felt different, a good different.

"Hey, Mark!"

"Wassup Mark!"

"Great job at the championsips Mark!"

"You're so handsome Mark oppa!"

As I was walking towards my class, people were either saying 'hey' or praising me. I either said 'hey' or 'thanks' back at them, with a smile. Man, the single life felt good. The halls were bright because the sun was creeping in through the windows and it started becoming hot. All of the girls' eyes were one me, and only me. The girls were snickering, the boys were drooling. What can I say? I am THE Mark Tuan.

My classes went by smoothly without a single mishap. Well, if you excluse Jaemi being all up on my trying to get me back. Heh, yeah, like that's going to happen. I like someone else Jaemi. But the thing is, Hyojin probably doesn't like me. I can see the way she looks at me, she looks irritated. But come on, who cannot of a crush on me? Okay, I have a lot of high expectations of myself. i should lower it down.

Lunch came by, and it felt weird since I usually have football practice during lunch, but now that the season is over, I have nothing to be entertained by. Yugyeom, Bam Bam, Yongjae, and Jr. went to go and have lunch with their "friends that are girls". Yeah right, the girls are just their crushes. They're just having lunch with them to get to know them better. JB and Jackson wanted to hang out together - just them - so I was left alone. I started to just roam around the halls for no darn reason.

"Oof." I bumped into something and stepped back. But then I heard a crunching noise.. I looked under my right foot, "Uh oh."

"Where are my glasses?" I looked at the person, who seems to be a girl.

"Hyojin?" I asked, surprised. Oh no, I crushed her glasses. She won't be able to see!

"Wait, I remember that voice." I'll be honest, I smiled to myself because she remember my voice. "M-Mark?" she stuttered.

"Uh yeah." I said cautiously.

"Sorry for bumping into you. I can't see, it's very blurry. Can you be a good neighbor, and get my glasses gor me?" she asked while crawling on the floor, patting it, trying to find her glasses.

I picked her up while saying, "Uh Hyojin... I uh... accidentally stomped on your glasses..." The more I talked, the lower my voice got. I don't want to see the other side of Hyojin looks like. I don't even want to think about it. But boy, am I in trouble right now.

"You what?!" Yup, she's mad. "Ughh! Can you not see where you were going?! Just, lead me to my room, I'll just wear my contact lens." She reached for me and held her hand. She flinched because of the sudden contact. I had my chance, and I took it. The whole time we were walking, everyone was staring at us, as for Hyojin? She was cautious on where she was stepping and her free hand was out, trying to be careful not to bump into anything.

"We're here." I helped her get her contact lens and she just put it on, not using a mirror. She's probably an expert, so she doesn't need a mirror.

"Ughh, I can see better now." She blinked a few times to get adjusted to her new vision. Does she have that bad of a vision that she can't see where I am? I waited for her to at least thank me. "Oh right! Thanks for... helping me earlier." Gasp! She blushed! You are going down the right track, Mark!

"No problem." I gave her my killer smile. But.... she didn't seem to buy it. I cleared my throat, "Mind if I... have lunch with you?" That was very nervous wrecking to ask! If only girls knew how hard it is to ask a girl something simple like that. It's very hard!

"Uhh, sure. But, I just eat my lunch here... alone... in the classroom." Hyojin sounded like she wasn't sure if I would be able to eat in her lifestyle. Eating in the classroom, alone? Everyone has at least been through that once. But for me... not really. I always had someone to eat with. I guess today was about to be my first time, but since Hyojin accepted me to have lunch with her, it doesn't count.

"I have no problem with that." I smiled, and she smiled back. She looks pretty with her braces. Reminds me of the first day I met her. We both sat down and she shared some of her lunch with me since I usually never eat lunch. It was fun to eat with her. There weren't that many students in the room, but for the people who were, they were staring at us.

I even heard one of the girls across the room whisper to her friend, "Why is Mark oppa eating with that nerd?" And her friend responded, "I know. He should be eating with the high class. Not beyond low class." The two laughed. I looked at Hyojin and she heard it all. She was looking down, munching on her food, shy and embarassed. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the same. I still want to keep my reputation as a jock and popular, but it seems like just eating with her is slowly bringing it down. Why can't nerds and jocks hang out? It doesn't always have to go by the rules. Does it?

Not expecting this would happen, but the two girls came up to me asking, "Mark oppa. Why are you eating with... her?" she said the last word in a disgusting way.

"Why, can I not eat with her?" I bite back.

"Oppa, it's just that, she's not your kind." one of the girls nervously said. I raised my eyebrows.

"But we are!" the other girl said as they both started fixing their hair.

I scoffed, "You guys are not my kind because I don't know your guys' names. And the only way I can tell if they're my kind is if I know their name. So than means, since I know Hyojin's name, then that means she's my kind." I smirked and continued eating. The two girls' jaws dropped and I can tell Hyojin is surprised at the way I talked to them. Maybe I came off too mean? The two girls left.

"M-Mark," she doesn't use honorifics, how cute, "just to let you know. They are your kind."

I sighed, "And how do you know that?"

"Well, they are popular. Did you know that?" she asked, unsure if I really did.

But to be honest, I honestly didn'y know that. Woops. "Psh, of course I knew that. I just said that they are not my kind so that they can get away from us." All of a sudden, the bell rang. I took his last bite, "Um, thanks for uhh, sharing your lunch."

“No problem.” She said, expecting me to leave. I did as she pleased.

“Mark oppa!” one girl yelled. I looked behind me and saw a bunch of girls at the other end of the hall. They all ran to me with huge smiles on their faces. All I heard was:

“Oppa! I heard you and Jaemi broke up! Don’t worry, you have me!”

“I can be your next girlfriend! I can treat you better than Jaemi did!”

“Please be mine!”

“I love you oppa!”

Here it goes…

 

 

 

 

 


author's note:

Sorry everyone that I haven't updated in awhile. I've been too busy handling family stuff.I also sorry for the gramatical errors here. I had this all typed it like a week, and I was too lazy to check back and edit it. I'll do it when I feel motivated to. How's everyone's summer? Mine was boring tbh. But oh well. I have to go back to that High School life again. I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please comment! Don't forget to smile :D

thanks for reading~sabruiina