Hyung in Trouble

Jock+Nerd=Error

Chapter 12: Hyung in Trouble

“Appa! I’m leaving now!” Hyojin yelled as she put on her shoes. The sounds of plates clattering into the sink were being heard all the way from the door. She and her father just finished eating breakfast and Hyojin was going to take the bus to school, so she had to leave early. Hyojin opened the door and once she took a step out of her apartment, she found Mark leaning onto the wall, obviously waiting for her and she continued walking.

He took out his earphones right after he saw her, “Hyojin...” he faintly said as he waited for her to speak up.

Hyojin stopped walking and turned around, and said, “Mark, I don’t know.” And continued walking away. Mark wanted to grab her arm and talk to her about it, but didn’t want to get her angrier.

‘I’ll just let her cool down.’ Mark thought before walking towards the stairs, since Hyojin might be taking the elevator, to go to the underground parking lot. Each step he took, all he would be thinking about was Hyojin. No matter how hard he tried, she still played hard to get. He got on his motorcycle and wanted to pass by the bus stop where Hyojin would be at.

He stopped at the red light, on the other side of the bus stop, and spotted Hyojin. Not standing, but being pushed around… The girls were pushing her around in a circle – there were 5 girls – they took her backpack, opened the zipper, and dumped everything out. They all continued to push her in a circle, with Hyojin obviously doing nothing about it. And eventually fell to the ground.

‘Why are they doing this to me? I didn’t do anything to them…’ She thought. All of the people around them just ignored and went on about their business. Such cruel people. “How does it feel to be like this again, huh? After all these years we finally found you and know what school you go to. Good luck next time, sweetheart.” One of the girls said before they all dispersed. Hyojin silently cried.

Once the light turned green, Mark accelerated and stopped in front of Hyojin. He turned off the engine, and took out the keys. He ran to Hyojin as if she was about to die any second. “Hyojin, are you okay?” He asked. She looked up and he saw the terror in her eyes. He sat on the ground and hugged her, “It’s going to be okay.” He whispered as he swayed her back and forth. Hyojin pushed away the fact that she is suppose to be mad at him right now, but since he was the only person there to comfort her at the time, she decided to push it away.

After a few minutes, she stopped crying, but stayed in the same position. “Hyojin?” he asked.

“Mm?”

“Let’s go home.” He said in a low tone.

“What about school?” she asked as she rose her head up and met with Mark’s eyes. ‘For once, his face seems, handsome… Stop it Hyojin!’ she thought.

He stood up and brought her with him, “With you like this, I don’t think you want to go to school.”

Hyojin sighed and gave in. “Aish, fine.” She cursed. She started walking the other direction of Mark’s motorcycle.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asked.

“To my apartment?” she said sarcastically.

“And you’re going to walk there?” he asked.

“Yes. It’s like a block away.” She stated.

Mark sighed in frustration and walked towards her. He grabbed her wrist, gently, and made her sit behind him. “Where this.” He demanded handing her a helmet.

“No, it’s okay.” She said.

“Please… just wear it. I don’t want to argue right now.” He pleased. Hyojin grunted and put the helmet onto her head. Once the engine started, she got startled and wrapped her arms around Mark’s waist. You don’t know how happy he was when she did that.

Mark accelerated forward and steered into their underground parking lot. At this time, the school bell should’ve ringed already. Even if their apartment complex was only a block away, the ride felt forever. Hyojin loved the scent that Mark had one. It somewhat smelled like Bath & Body Works’ Noir. Mark kept his smile because who wouldn’t want the love of their life’s arms wrapped around their waist?

Hyojin couldn’t help, but smile inside of his helmet. Never has anyone acted this way towards her. Never has anyone put her before themselves. Never has she ever felt this happy. If she could relive this moment again, she would. But then she realized, she was supposed to be mad at him… How can she still be mad at Mark who helped her, skipped school for her, and… never mind?

“Uh, Hyojin?” she heard Mark asked.

She opened her eyes in shock. Her head was resting open his back and her arms were still around his waist. She took in what was happening in reality, and immediately tried to get off the motorcycle as fast as possible, without making it awkward; even though it already is. All Mark did was chuckle at how cute she was.

“Let’s go up?” Mark asked. Hyojin nodded. While they were on the elevator, Mark asked, “How does it feel to have braces? I remember when I was supposed to have braces.”

“It’s alright, I guess…” she paused, “You were supposed to have braces?” she asked.

“Yeah, in my second year of high school, but my uh… mom… didn’t want me to have it. So yeah, enough about me. How long have you been wearing braces?”

They both exited out of the elevator, “Why are you all of a sudden interested in my braces?”

“I don’t know. I thought that people with braces are cool, you know…” he confessed.

Hyojin scoffed, “Are you just saying that to make me feel better?” Hyojin was really into talking to Mark that she didn’t even realized that she entered Mark’s house, like she’s been in his house ever since she was a child.

“No I’m serious. That’s why I cried myself to sleep just because I couldn’t get braces.” Mark stated. Hyojin nodded and just sat on his couch like it was nothing. “And what I also find cool is that you didn’t even argue or bother coming into my house and sitting on my couch…” Mark implied.

Her eyes bulged and immediately stood up, “Oh my goodness, I am so sorry…” she ducked her head down in disappointment.

He sighed and walked up to her. He carried her chin up with his index finger and stared into her eyes. Mark started to lean in, but Hyojin turned her head away. Mark’s heart dropped very low at that moment.

“Mark, I’m supposed to mad at you...” she said.

“Why?” he asked in a sad tone.

“You know exactly why!” she yelled.

“… Be my girlfriend…” then he pressed his lips onto hers. Hyojin started kissing back. She never knew how to kiss, but it felt right to her. Both of their lips fit perfectly together. They continued the kissing session for about two or three minutes. After they broke apart, they layed each other’s forehead on each other. “Please tell JB you can’t go to the dance with him. Go with me.”

“B-but…” she hesitated. She noticed that she made a huge mistake with that…

Marks attitude suddenly changed, “But what?” he asked, furiously, but in a soft voice.

“Never mind.” Hyojin looked down, avoiding eye contact with Mark.

Mark sadly sighed, “Please, just go to the dance with me.”

“Why should I go with you?” she asked.

“Because I’m better than JB.” He implied.

“How do you know that?” she teasingly asked.

Guess that Mark didn’t hear it in a joking matter and got serious.

He grabbed her wrist gently, “I just know. Now, is it going to be yes?” he gritted his teeth, “or no?” he asked trying to calm down.

“Mark, I don’t think I can go with you if you’re going to be this forceful.” She stood up, but Mark kept his grip on her wrist.

He stood up too before saying, “Why can’t you just accept my proposal?!” he asked very loud. It scared Hyojin.

‘Getting very mad and loud just because he wants me to go to the dance with him? Hmph. Not this time.’ She thought. She shook her arm to get Mark’s grip off and walked away. Not even taking a look back. She grabbed her shoes, not putting it on, and limped her way to the door and her apartment.

Mark ruffled his hair in frustration and looked at the door. He saw Hyojin just exit out of his apartment. ‘Why am I getting forceful? Dang it, I messed up!’ He thought. He quickly exited his apartment and saw Hyojin just opening her door.

“Hyojin!” he yelled, but she just walked into her house, ignoring the call from Mark. He ran to catch the door before it latches, but missed by two seconds. He sighed and walked back to his apartment. He tried to be dramatic by staring at her door, while opening his door, but the problem was… it was locked.

Now, the door that he has doesn’t have a keypad on it. That’s what he hates… “I shouldn’t have changed this door…”

Hyojin back flopped (ß is “back flopped” a word? Lol) onto her bed with both her arms and legs wide open. She sighed, “I think I went too far. I mean, I’m just getting mad that he is forceful. No Hyojin, he was very harsh to you. But then he really wants to go to the dance with me. No!” for five minutes straight, she was talking to herself, twisting her head side-to-side.

“Sweetie! Who are you talking to?!” she heard her father yell down the hall.

“Myself daddy! Goodnight!” she yelled back.

“What a weird girl.” He said.

“I heard that!” Hyojin yelled.

“Oh yeah… Well, I am deeply, deeply sorry about that. I didn’t mean to come off as a very forceful person. I don’t usually do that.” He confessed.

“Then why did you become forceful at me?” Hyojin, curiously, asked.

Mark’s hand dropped from her chin to the seam of his pants. “I tend to become forceful to the things I support and… love.” He quietly said the last word. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and Hyojin placed her hands onto his chest, surprised at his action. All she did was stare into his eyes. “And you are one of the things I love.” He said before he placed his lips onto hers.

“Mark why weren’t- whoops,” Jr. said before exiting his apartment.

“Hyung what’s wrong?” Bam Bam asked.

“M-Mark hyung… k-kiss…” Jr. stuttered.

“What?” Bam Bam asked before entering the apartment to a kissing couple. His eyes bulged and he went back outside. “It’s a good thing that JB hyung sent us here. If he saw Mark and Hyojin kissing, boy…” Jr. nodded.

“Mark hyung is in trouble.” Jr. sang like a little kid to Bam Bam.

 

 

 

 


author's note:

I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN MORE THAN A MONTH!!!! If you read my blogs, I am really busy, and I'm not even joking. But anyways, here's Chapter 12 for you guys! I tried to write this in 2 hours so that I can update for all of you guys. I honestly don't know what I did with this chapter, but yeah. You guys get the picture. I'll try to update more often, but I can't promise that though. Thank you for sticking with my sotry while I was gone! I love you all <3 Don't forget to smile!

thanks for reading~saburiina