Truth or Dare

Jock+Nerd=Error

Ch. 2: Truth or Dare

Mark laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling, as his alarm continued to ring. It was only seven in the morning, and he forgot that there was no school the next day after the Championships. He got tired of the alarm sound and knocked his palm over the ‘snooze’ button. He grunted and got up. He entered his bathroom and took a quick shower. All of the clothes he was going to wear that day were laid out, so he didn’t need to go through the hassle of trying to figure out what to wear.

As he exited his bathroom, his phone started ringing with the ringtone, ‘Wedding Dress’. He unplugged his phone from the charger, so that his phone won’t overcharge and lose battery quickly. He answered the call, and placed the phone onto his right ear.

“Yoboseyo?” Mark asked on the phone.

“Hey, Mark! Everyone is coming to my house to for a little hangout. You should too!” Shouted Jr. excitedly over the other end.

“I’d love to but-“ he was about to tell him that he was going to go to the library to do his homework, but he cut him off.

“Great! See ya!” yelled Jr. right before he immediately hung up on the phone.

Mark sighed as he looked at his phone in his hand, “I guess I have no choice.” Instead of wearing just a red zipper jacket, he decided to bring along a snapback, you know, just in case any girls try to flirt with him.

He exited his apartment, and made his way to the closest bus station that will go towards Jr.’s house. But as he expected, a bunch of girls – about his age – started fixing their hair, and tried getting his attention. Mark showed no interest. The girls were debating who was going to go over to him over Rock-Paper-Scissors, and one of the girls, out of five, lost. The other four girls pushed the girls towards Mark.

The girl would look back at her friends and they wouldn’t be mouthing, ‘Go!’ ‘Go for it!’ ‘You can do it!’. The girl took a deep breath and walked up to him. Once she opened , Mark interrupted was has yet to come out of , “If you were going to ask me if I can hang out with you, the answer is no.”

All of the girls stared at him in awe; the girl was going to open , but yet again, he interfered. “If you were going to ask for my number, the answer is no.” He said, soullessly, as he stared at the street.

Again, the girls stared at him in awe, as he entered a bus that would lead him to Jr.’s house. All they could see was his back, and once he turned around, the doors started to close. He and the girl stared at each other for a moment and right before the two bus doors came in contact with, he winked at the girl. The girl kept on blinking.

She and her friends watched the bus accelerated forward, and when one of the girls looked at the back of the bus, where it says the number of the bus, she yelled, “Yah! We missed our bus! Now we’re going to be late going to the mall!”

Meanwhile, Mark kept on chuckling what just happened at the bus stop, as he took a seat. That wasn’t the first time he did that to a girl, at the exact same bus stop. His house was pretty close to Jr.’s house, like if he were to walk to his house, it would take about twenty minutes. But being the lazy he is, he’s taking the bus. After about eight minutes, he got off the bus and walked towards Jr.’s house. He called Jr. to let him in, and he did so.

“Oh hey, Mark is finally here! Now, what should we play?” Youngjae asked excitedly, like a little kid.

Yugyeom snapped his fingers and said, “Ah, I got it. Since we all won’t agree on each others’ opinions, why don’t we write down what we want to play, and pick it out of a hat.” Yugyeom looked upon Mark sitting next to him, on his left. “We’ll use your hat,” say Yugyeom as he took Mark’s hat off of him. All Mark did was glare and click it tongue at him.

Everyone wrote what they wanted to do and put it in Mark’s snapback. “Oh hyung, is this the yearbook?” Bam Bam asked.

Jr. looked towards the purple highlighted kid, “Oh that? Yeah. That’s the advantage of being in Journalism, you get everything first before it comes out.”

Bam Bam got interested in the contents and decided to look further into the yearbook. The rest of the boys played Rock-Paper-Scissors to indicate who was going to choose. Jackson won, and cheered like there’s no tomorrow. He reached into the hat, and pulled out a piece of paper. “Who wrote this?” asked Jackson. He showed it to everyone and it said, ‘Truth or Dare’

“Oh, I did!” JB yelled as he raised his hand. “Since I am the one who wrote it, I go first, Youngjae. Truth or Dare?”

“Dare,” Youngjae said as he put his chin up and crossed him arms.

JB started, “Okay,” he thought for a second, “I dare you to post a picture on Facebook, of you dressed up as a girl with make-up.”

Youngjae scoffed, “And where are you going to get a dress and make-up?”

Jr. snapped his fingers, “Ah! My sister is upstairs, I can just ask her.”

They went on with Youngjae’s dare, and posted a picture of him on Facebook. Youngjae was wearing the kind of dress you’d see in Orange Caramel’s music video, Magic Girl. Along with tons of blush, red lipstick, mascara, and winged eyeliner. He looked….. beautiful?

Youngjae got out of everything, and it was his turn to choose. “Hmmm. Mark hyung. Truth or Dare?”

Mark showed no interest saying, “Dare.”

“Hmm, I dare you to be one of the nerds’ slave for 100 days. But the thing is, which nerd?” Youngjae asked, tapping his chin with his right index finger.

“I know who!” yelled Bam Bam, still staring into the yearbook. He turned the book around to show everyone. Everyone directed attention to the little kid, “This girl. Ahn Hyojin.” He said while pointing to the picture. She was wearing nerd glasses, with tape in the middle, red braces, and had some acne.

“Deal! I’ll do it!” yelled Mark.

 

 

 


author's note:

Sorry everyone for waiting a long while! And also sorry for the very short chapter! I had time after school to start working on this chapter - I already started on this chapter a long while ago - and since I have gone a long way, and made you guys wait for a very long time, I decided to update for you guys. I am also going to try to update the other stories if I can. So yea... I almost reached 50 subbies~ Please help me reach it!!! I love you all. 'Til next time!

thanks for reading~saburiina