Love Triangle

Jock+Nerd=Error

Ch. 10: Love Traingle

A few weeks later, everyone turned in their science projects and majority of the groups got A’s or B’s. Mark’s and Hyojin’s group both got an A. Mark has been trying to at least start a conversation with Hyojin, at school, but it was either she was busy or she didn’t want to talk to him or she was nowhere to be found. And at home, she was already inside, never went outside unless it was necessary to.

“Class! Simmer down!” Mark’s teacher yelled. The class took a short while to be quiet, but the teacher waited patiently. “Okay, now that you guys don’t have any more projects left, I think you guys should be focusing on getting your tux or dress.”

“What?” all of the students were confused.

“Is there going to be a dance happening?” one of the students asked. Mark’s head was on his head, but shot up upon hearing the word ‘dance’.

‘This is my chance.’ Mark thought.

“That is correct, Mr. Seo. So that dance theme is ‘Some’.” The teacher explained.

“Teach, you mean that Soyu song?” that Seo kid asked again.

“I don’t know, I’m not used to the music you guys listen to these days. But I just know that it is popular amongst you kid nowadays.” The teacher said. “So!” he clapped his hands together. “The dance will be in2 weeks, and I want all of you guys to attend because you guys will have a lot of fun! There will be good music, a DJ, food, drinks, and a lot more. You can ask your class president if you have some questions or concerns.” Then, the bell rang. “Class dismissed!” the teacher left and everyone started packing up.

“Hyung!” JB yelled. Mark turned around. “Who are you going to ask to the dance?” he asked.

Mark wanted to make his date a surprise to everyone, “I’m not sure. How about you?” he asked.

“I was thinking of asking this girl in class B. She is pretty and cute. I guess it won’t hurt to go to the dance with a nerd.” The word ‘nerd’ hurt Mark’s feelings for some reason.

“What’s her name?” Mark asked.

“Her name’s Ahn Hyojin.” JB revealed. Mark didn’t show any emotions outside, but inside it was like a bomb exploded. Mark couldn’t believe what he’s in right now. He’s in a love triangle. “Hyung?” JB waved his hand in front of Mark’s face.

“Oh, yeah?” Mark said.

“What’s gotten into you these past few weeks? Is it because of your break-up with Jaemi? Because if it’s that, then I feel bad for you. You know we all don’t like the presence of her.”JB explained.

“No it’s not that. And I know. It’s just, I don’t know who to ask to the dance. I don’t want to be that popular jock that couldn’t even get a date to the dance.” Mark complained.

“Hmm, how about Baek Yerin? She’s been having a crush on you ever since secondary school. Why not give her a chance?” JB asked.

‘Because I want Hyojin! Not Yerin! She’s like my stalker!’ Mark thought.

“I don’t know man. I’ll think about it. Let’s go to the other guys?” Mark sadly asked. JB nodded and the two exited out of the room.

“JB oppa!”

“Mark oppa!”

“Will you go to the dance with me?”

“I want to go to the dance with you, oppa!”

All of their fan girls crowded the entrance of the classroom and asked JB and Mark if they can go to the dance with them. But as usual, they just smiled and continued walking their path. But the hungry girls just kept on following them. Mark could’ve sworn that he just saw Jr. running away from his fan girls. That made him chuckle.

Mark spotted Hyojin at her locker and smiled. The girls saw what he was smiling at and looked at her in disgust. Just as Mark was about to yell her name, JB beat him to it. “Hyojin-ah!”

Hyojin turned, but met eyes with Mark first, then to JB who was making his way to her. All of JB’s and Mark’s fan girls stopped fangirling and watched JB go up to Hyojin. “Hey, Jaebum.” Hyojin simply said.

“Is JB going to ask Hyojin to the dance?” Mark heard one of his fan girls whisper.

“It looks like it. I mean, what else would be the reason why he’s talking to her?” the other girl replied. The two girls chuckled. Mark didn’t know what to do. He just froze at his spot as he watched it happen.

“Hey listen umm, I was wondering… you know, that dance is coming up. A-And I would like for you… to be my date.” JB nervously proposed. Everyone, except for Mark, at the scene gasped.

“He really did it!”

“Please say no, Hyojin!”

“JB oppa is mine!”

“Umm, can I give you an answer tomorrow? My mind is not straight right now.” Hyojin said. But the only reason why she said that was because all the attention was on her, and she didn’t like that.

“Yeah, sure. You know where to find me when you have your answer.” JB winked at her and ran off, leaving Hyojin in a daze. JB’s fan girls continued to go after him. And Mark’s fan girls continued asking him.

But all Mark kept his eye on was Hyojin. As for Hyojin, she was staring at the floor, smiling. Never has Hyojin been asked to a dance before. So what JB did meant a lot to her. Hyojin grabbed her stuff and walked away, in her own world.

The girls started getting all over Mark, and it made him angry. “Stop it! Can I just a day of peace from you guys?!” Mark started walking away telling himself, “Sheez these crazy lunatics.”

“Lunatics?” all the girls said simultaneously

Mark walked over to the front gates and saw s waiting for him. He took his time walking towards them because he needed some time to think before going into another world. ‘So if Hyojin says yes to JB. Then what will happen to me? Aish.’ He thought.

“Hyung,” Bam Bam started, “let’s go to our hangout.” Everyone agreed and went to their hangout. All the boys were associating with each other, as for Mark, he was in his own little world. The boys didn’t want to barge into his thoughts because they don’t want to see the other side of Mark.

“Jackson who are you going to ask to the dance?” JB asked.

“I was thinking of asking Jimin. I think she’s pretty cute and she also has a nice personality. How about you hyung?” Jackson asked JB.

“Just earlier I asked Ahn Hyojin.” He confessed.

“WHAT?!” the boys yelled. “You mean Mark’s master, Ahn Hyojin?” Yugyeom asked. JB nodded. “Wah hyung.” Yugyeom clapped his hands in appreciation. “What’d she say?”

“She didn’t give an answer. So tomorrow she’ll give it tomorrow.” JB explained. Everyone nodded and Mark scoffed. It got everyone’s attention. “Is there something wrong Mark? Afraid that I’ll take your master away so you can’t do your dare?” JB teased.

“Psh, as if. I have about 2 months left in my dare. Go ahead.” Mark said, acting like he doesn’t give a .

But inside he really does. His best friend is about to take the love of his life to the dance where there will be hand holding, slow dancing, and worse… kissing.

 

 

 

 


author's note:

Sorry for the short update everyone, but I'm just trying to update as much as I can before school starts. School starts on the 18th for me and I am very busy the week before, therfore, my updates might be slower than usual. But then since I'm back in school, I use the computer more than I usually do, so I might be able to update frequently. Sorry if there's any typos, I'm too lazy to fix it. I'll fix it later on. Please comment! Don't forget to smile :D

thank you for reading~saburiina