Working With 2-A

Jock+Nerd=Error

Ch. 3: Working With 2-A

“Bye dad! I’m on my way to school now!” Hyojin yelled as she started putting her shoes on, at her doorstep.

“Why don’t you drive to school? Do you want me to drop you off?”

“No it’s okay, dad. I’ll take the bus today.” She put on her shoes and walked out the door. She went down the elevator to the first floor, and exited the apartment complex. The bus stop was only a block away, so she didn’t have to walk far. Since it was going to be a half an hour ride, why not listen to some tunes? So she took out her earphones and played Ra. D’s Couple Song.

The bus arrived and she got on. There is a specific spot on where she sits on the bus; it’s the couple seat that faces the back of the bus, but the window seat. But there was someone, with their hood on, sitting on that seat, leaning on the window. They’re probably sleeping. So instead, she took the window seat, opposite from where the person sat. The ride wasn’t much exciting. Hyojin would always take a glance at the person, that way she could take her original seat back, but the person stayed at that spot, and got off the same stop as her.

“Hyojin unnie!” her only friend, Juli (pronounced as Julie), yelled as Juli saw her friend get off the bus. She ran to her while waving her hand in the air. Once Juli yelled Hyojin’s name, Hyojin saw the guy who sat on her original seat, turn around and looked at her. Hyojin couldn’t quite catch they guys’ face because of his hood.

“Oh, hello Juli-ah.” Hyojin addresses Juli informally because she is three months older.

“Did you hear? We won the championships!” Juli squealed as they started walking towards the school.

Hyojin gave a soft chuckle, “Yes, I heard.”

“But why aren’t you excited?!”

“Because I am not that big of a fan of football. You know that already.” Hyojin replied.

“I know, but aren’t you happy for your father?” Juli asked.

“I am, but I’m not as excited as everyone is.” Juli pouted and looked forward.

She gasped and punched Hyojin’s arm, “Unnie! Isn’t that Mark oppa?”

“Mark who?” Hyojin asked as she rubbed her arm.

Juli clicked her tongue, “Mark Tuan? You don’t know him? He’s the guy every girl drools over.” Hyojin looked at Juli, “Okay, most girls. But seriously, you’ve never heard of Mark Tuan before?” Hyojin shook her head. “He’s the football team’s quarterback for god’s sake! I really need to teach you all about today’s society.”

They continued walking while Juli continued blabbing about Mark this, Mark that. Then all of a sudden, a bunch of guys, six to be exact, crashed in between the two girls yelling, “Mark hyung!” Both of the girls were shoved to the side. All of the guys jumped on the guy who was sitting on Hyojin’s original bus seat.

Hyojin scoffed and, unintentionally, yelled, “Yah!!” All of the guys turned around and looked at the angry girl. “Couldn’t you guys go around us?”

Juli went up to Hyojin, and quietly said, “Unnie stop it…”

“No. You guys could’ve just said excuse me or go around us. Do you see how wide this sidewalk is? Why go in between us when there’s clearly some space around us? I may not know who you guys are, but you need to learn some manners.” Hyojin took Juli’s arm and went around the guys.

All the guys did was stare at the girl, blankly. Mark was just staring at the back of Hyojin’s head.

“Hyung, don’t you think she looks familiar?” Bam Bam asked.

Jr. snapped his fingers, “Oh right! She is your master Mark!”

“Mwo?” Mark asked.

“That’s Ahn Hyojin. Starting today, you have to be her slave for 100 days.” Jr. replied. “Yah! Let’s go now! We’re going to be late!!” He yelled after they heard their school bell ring.


“Okay class, your class is going to be working with 2-A.” Hyojin’s teacher announced. Everyone in the class groaned. Hyojin is in 2-B, and there’s a rivalry between the two classes.

“Teacher! What are we working on with them?” one of the students asked.

“Well, I am science teacher, so I don’t know, a science project?” the teacher joked. “And I already assigned the groups.” Everyone groaned again. “Don’t be like little babies. Here are the groups: Haneul with Baekhi…..” the list goes on and on. “Juli and Hyojin with Jackson and Mark….”

Hyojin wasn’t surprised, she was angry. She really hated group projects because it all ends with her doing all the work and the rest gets credit for it. Everyone was staring at her, and she didn’t know the reason why. Juli and Hyojin looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders.

“Oh, and if you guys want extra credit, you can make a video of you guys doing it, and send it to me via email.” The teacher announced after telling everyone the groups. “I will let you guys start thinking of what you guys want to do for the project.” The teacher said right before she left the room.

Juli looked at Hyojin, who sits by the window at the very back, and ran to the available seat in front of her. “Unnie!” Julie squealed, “I can’t believe we’re in a group with Jackson and Mark oppa!!” All Hyojin did was look dumbfounded at the excited girl. “Yah, why aren’t you saying anything? Oh right, you don’t even know who they are. Just watch, you’re going to fall in love with them.”

*bell rings*

“Let’s start talking about what we want to do for our project. I’ll get us some lunch really quick.” Juli stated right before she left to get them some lunch.

While waiting, Hyojin just watched the wind blow out of the window. The room was very peaceful; there weren’t a lot of people in the classroom. But that peace had to end when she heard the back door slide open. She looked to see where the chaos was, and saw two guys standing at the door. One of the guys that was tall, red-haired, and had sparkly eyes, made eye contact with Hyojin, and she immediately looked away. She heard foot stomps nearing her, and she started to get scared.

“Are you Ahn Hoyjin?” she heard a guy with an American accent ask.

 

 

 

 


author's note:
I am deeply sorry everyone that I made you guys wait for like, what, 1 and a half months? Well, I just have one more day until Finals are finished!!! And then everything is finished! But, on Thursday, I have to set up early in the morning for the Senior Graduation, and on Friday morning, I have to leave for something like military camp. I will be gone for about 5 days, and I might not have time to use my phone. I started this chapter like a week ago, and just finished it now. Again, I am deeply sorry for my tardiness. *bows* But I just want to thank all of my viewers, upvoters, and subscribers for sticking by this story. I am also sorry for the short update :'( Don't forget to comment! :)

thanks for reading~saburiina