Championships

Jock+Nerd=Error

 Ch. 1: Championships

“HUT!”

Mark yelled as the center player tossed the football, in between his legs, to Mark. Both teams were in a tie and it was Kimi International High School’s ball. They just needed to score a touchdown and they would win the Championships. Mark spotted one of his players, Im Jaebum, down in the touchdown area, and used all his might to throw the football into the air to the players’ direction.

Everyone in the bleachers stood up to see where the ball was going. It was the moment of truth on who was going to win the Championships. Mark’s team kept on trying to defend Im Jaebum, from the other team intercepting, and they did a pretty darn good job at it because they are all on the ground. The football landed in the Jaebum’s hands and everyone cheered.

After a decade, of Kimi International High School not even making it to Championships in football, they finally won. It was the school’s most memorable memory. The school can finally bring home a trophy from winning the football championships.

The crowd went wild, and so did the benchwarmers. The whole team carried Mark and Jaebum for making them win the football season. Everyone chanted their name and splashed Gatorade on them once they implanted them onto the ground.

“Good job everyone! And now we are going to have our dinner. Don’t worry, it’s on me!” the coach gleefully hollered at the team. The whole team cheered and headed to the locker room. On their way, they took off their helmets and patted Mark hard on his back praising him.

The team took off their football uniform and hit the showers. They all quickly took a shower and dressed in civilian clothes. Everyone headed outside, but Mark noticed his coach was nowhere to be found. He turned around and didn’t see him.

“Hey, where you going Mark? Let’s go!” Jinyoung howled.

“Umm, I left something in there, you guys go on ahead.” Mark insisted as he was walking back to the changing room. They all nodded and hopped into their cars.

Mark looked everywhere in the changing room, but didn’t find his coach, Park Jinyoung. He decided to go inside the school and searched through the halls. But then a light bulb went off in his head, he went to the hallway all the way in the front and found his coach. He was admiring the trophy case. Mark smiled and walked to him.

Coach Park sighed, “I have been waiting for this moment for ten years. And I am glad that you guys helped me witness this great miracle.” He said in a soft voice, on the verge of tears.

Mark placed his hand on his shoulder, “No problem. Hey, let’s head off to dinner shall we?”

Coach Park smiled, “Okay. Well, I just need to grab some things first. Do you have a ride there? Because I am assuming that the whole team left you here.” Mark thought for a sec and nodded. The coach chuckled, “I’d be more than welcomed to drive you there, but I need to sign some papers too. My daughter is on her way here to load some stuff into her car. Would you mind helping her? And I’ll ask her to drop you off the restaurant.” Mark nodded and headed to the parking lot.

He waited for about two minutes until a gray Hyundai Veloster arrived, and the passenger’s side stopped in front of him.

Mark was expecting a girl in her mid-twenties, but no, it was girl around his age. Once she stepped out of the car, she had the most flawless skin ever. Long, healthy, straight hair. And a tiny bow clip, clipping her bangs out of her face. She smiled at him and walked over to him.

Mark couldn’t describe how fast his heart was beating. Even his girlfriend, who couldn’t attend the game because of a fractured ankle, couldn’t do that to him. She didn’t even wear makeup. It looks like that she didn’t even try hard on dressing up. It was very simple: light blue skinny jeans, a dark blue sweater, and black converse shoes that looks a little worn out.

She let out a breath of air, implanted her hands onto her hips, and continued smiling, showing her braces, before saying, “You must be the star quarterback my dad always talks about.” He gave a small chuckle and nodded. “Well, I don’t want the quarterback to be late to his dinner. So let me get some stuff and load them into my car first.”

“Wait, let me help you. Your dad ordered me to help you,” Mark implied.

“No it’s okay. It’s just a few boxes, it’s no biggie.” She generously smiled at him and walked to her dad’s office.

He sighed and followed her to her dad’s office. She grabbed two boxes and she carried it very easily like there was nothing in there. Mark grabbed the one on top and stuck his tongue out at her, and ran away. They continued to load boxes into her car and after 5 minutes, they were ready to head off to the restaurant.

The coach’s daughter closed the trunk and dusted the dirt off of her hands. She turned to him, “Let’s go?” Mark nodded and went inside of the car with her. She put the gear on drive and accelerated forward. “Thank you for helping me. Even though I asked you not to.”

“Well that will not be gentlemanly of me will it?” he smiled at her. “Oh yeah, I forgot to ask-“

“We’re here!” she yelled. The ride was quite quick from his point of view. Mark took a quick look at the restaurant then at the girl who he doesn’t even know the name of. “Well what are you doing? Go on!” she happily demanded.

He got out of the car and the window rolled down, “Have a fun time!” the girl yelled. He turned around leaned on his elbows on the edge of the car.

“Hey, what’s your-“ just when he was going to ask for her name, her phone just had to ring. He looked at the caller ID, just before she picked it up from the cup holder, it was her dad.

“Hey, thank you for everything. Have fun! Bye!” she started rolling up the window and as she answered her phone, she drove off.

Mark sighed as he thought while walking to the restaurant, ‘I didn’t even get to get her name. I might not even see her again. But wait, she is Coach Park’s daughter. I can see her often! But the season is over. She might not even go to my high school! Heck just face it Mark! You’re never going to see her again!’

“Aye, there’s our quarterback!” Youngjae yelled right before everyone directed their attention to the guy who’s sad that he won’t see that girl ever again.

“Hey, what’s up with the long face, hyung?” Bam Bam asked with a concerned face for his hyung.

“Nah it’s nothing. Let’s order?” Mark insisted.

“Well we already ordered, but it’s all for grabs. So everyone can grab whatever they want.” JB stated.

“Oh yeah, where is Coach Park?” Jackson asked as he took a sip of his Coke.

“He needed to sign some papers so he’s going to come here late.” Mark told the hungry crowd.

“Then how did you get here?” Yugyeom asked curiously.

Mark’s eyes widened, “I uhh, got a ride from his daughter.” He told the interested team.

“WHAT?!” The whole team exclaimed.

“What do you guys mean by what?” Mark leaned his back against his chair scared by their outrage.

“I heard Coach Park’s daughter is really hot.” Yugyeom stated.

“I also heard that she has curves, and her eyes are really seductive!” Youngjae added.

“There was also a rumor that she goes to our school, but I haven’t seen a girl that looks like Coach Park.” Jinyoung also added.

“Talking about my daughter now huh?” the coach popped out of nowhere scaring everyone as some of the players jumped out of their seats. Everyone in the restaurant directed their attention to the rowdy football team.

“Coach Park!” Taecyeon yelled as he put his hand onto his heart while taking short, loud breaths, “You scared me!”

“Sorry boys. But anyways, good job everyone on your game today! And thank you for letting me witness your Championship winning after a decade,” he held up a drink and toasted everyone.

The whole team continued their side conversations and eating their foods. Mark felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and took it out.

He saw that it was from his girlfriend, Min Jaemi. He unlocked his device and clicked on the message notification on the notification bar.

It read: ‘Hey sweetie! I heard from an old friend of mine, that you guys won your football game! Congratulations! You guys really deserved it! Sorry I wasn’t there. But I promise I will make it up.
P.S. you better tell everyone that your sweetheart, that you love the most in the world, says congratulations. Bye!’

Mark sighed and clicked the power button to turn it off. Wooyoung noticed the sad boy and asked, “Are you okay? You seemed a little off when you entered.” Mark gave a desperate look to him, “It’s Jaemi isn’t it?” Mark sighed. “Well, it’s okay. Why did you even tell your dad to agree to that proposal, when you knew what would come out of it?”

“I didn’t know that she would be this bit-“ he was about to cuss until Wooyoung cleared his throat.

“You never call a girl,” he leaned in closer to Mark, “a or y even if they are. Because in the inside, they are a whole different person. Same goes for a quiet person. If a person is quiet, doesn’t always mean they have a dark past. It just means that they have nothing to say or that they are in need of a friend. You never judge a book by its cover.” Wooyoung advised Mark.

“Can I say something to you in private?” Mark whispered to Wooyoung. Wooyoung nodded and they dismissed themselves from the table to go outside.

“What did you want to tell me? And right now, since I am afraid of what you’re going to say. Be straight forward.” Wooyoung warned Mark.

Mark sighed and closed his eyes, “I fell in love with Coach Park’s daughter.”

 

 

 

 


author's note:
I know I said that I will update the first chapter after finishing one of my stories, but I had free time, so why not? But anyways, here's the first chapter!!!! So the name of the school Mark goes to, is a really bad name because since he is from the city of angels, I just thought that he should go to an international school. && to not make only GOT7 the only players on the football team, I added 2pm. How is this chapter? Please comment? Can I at least reach 5 comments before I post the second chapter? I just started on it, and I think it's going good.

thanks for reading~saburiina