Mark Finds Out

Jock+Nerd=Error

Ch. 4: Mark Finds Out

Hyojin’s POV

“Are you Ahn Hyojin?” I heard someone asked me. I turned around and saw two guys before me. My eyes immediately directed to the one with red hair. Oh where’s Juli when I need her?! I immediately looked down to my hands after finding out that I was staring at that boy for a long time. I heard him sigh, “Can you please answer my question?” he asked in a calm voice.

I slowly looked up and my eyes went back and forth to both of the guys. “N-ne. I am Ahn Hyojin. And who are you guys?” I was too shy to ask them a question face-to-face, so I looked back down to my hands.

One of the guys scoffed, “How do you not know who we are? We are on the football team!”

“Yah!” one of the guys told the other in a soft, but deep, voice, “She’s probably not a fan of football.”

You’re right I’m not!

“I am Mark.” I looked up to see who this Mark was. And it turns out to be the red haired guy. Somehow his face seems familiar. Have I met him before? Nah, probably a look-a-like. Studies say that there are seven other people that look like one person. So maybe there is seven other Mark look-a-like’s in this world.

“And I’m Jackson and we are from 2-A.” the other said with a cheeky smile plastered on his face and did a silly dance. I chuckled at his silliness. “Ah that’s right,” he put his arm around Mark’s shoulders, “he’s your slave too.”

“S-slave?” I asked. What do they mean by slave? I fixed my glasses back up because they were sliding down.

“Yeah, slave. We and our friends played truth or dare and his dare was to be your slave for 100 days.” Jackson truthfully said. Are you kidding me? A slave? For 100 days? What is this, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant? That kind of dare is usually a bet, not a dare.

“So, you came here to tell me that?” I asked them.

“Not only that, but we are part of your science group.” Mark told me.

Oh right! How can I forget those names! I nodded at the news. So my group is half nerd and half jock? Who the Hoya made the groups? Jocks and nerds don’t work well together. Just like an equation. 1 plus 1 equals two and 2 plus 2 equals 4, but Jock plus Nerd equals ERROR! There’s no way that we are going to get along. I bet they’re just going to ask me and Juli to do all of the work.

“Where’s the other person? What’s her name again?” Jackson tapped his chin with his index finger trying to get her name out of his mouth.

I looked at the door and saw, “Juli!” I yelled and waved to her. All she was doing was staring at us with her jaw dropped. Mark and Jackson turned around and saw her. She dropped the sandwiches she had in her hands and covered , “Y-you guys… M-Mark a-and J-Jacks-son.” Wow, this is the first time I have heard her stutter.

“So you are Juli,” Jackson started and walked up to her, “you’re pretty.” He held out his hand, “Hi, I’m Jackson and that’s Mark. We are from 2-A and part of your science group along with Hyojin.” He told her. She was surprised by the way Jackson was so nice; I can tell from her face. I don’t blame her; I thought the jocks would be very mean like the one in dramas and movies.

While Jackson and Juli were too busy trying to get to know each other, I noticed a pair of eyes staring at me. I looked up to see that Mark was staring at me. I immediately looked down. Why was he staring at me? Do I have a huge pimple on my face? Is there a smudge on my glasses? Is there something in my braces? “You look kind of familiar.” He said. I looked up and he continued, “Nah, you’re probably just a look-a-like.” He’s thinking that too, eh?

The bell rang and I sighed in relief. I don’t have to face those boys anymore. “Hey,” I looked up only to see Jackson sliding a piece of paper to me; Mark was nowhere to be found, “here’s my number. Call or text me after school. We can talk about our project at my house or Mark’s. Bring Juli too! Bye!” he said with a killer smile. Jackson doesn’t seem bad. Before he exited the room, he turned around to me and said, "Oh. My friends and I are deeply sorry for bumping into you and Juli earlier."

The rest of the school was so boring. Every time we had to work on something, and the teacher would give us a few minutes, a lot of people would come to me or steal my paper to copy my answers. I honestly didn’t like it, but I was used to it and if it was to make me not the center of attention, then so be it. I liked being small in my school, that means less I have to deal with.

The bell rang signaling that school was over. I did what I do every day after school: wait until everyone is out of the room, go to my locker and take the things I needed, and see if the coast is clear to drive home. Yes, I drive a car. My dad usually drives my car to work, and leaves it here for me to drive home while he buses home. I honestly don’t know why he wants to bus home, but the last time I asked him why, he said, “I get to have exercise and notice the things I don’t see when I’m in a car.”

After getting my books and notebooks, I took out my phone and texted Jackson,

‘This is Ahn Hyojin. Just text me your address. I have something to do really quickly, and then I’ll drop by your house.’

‘Keke, no need to be so formal. Alright, my address is xxx Something St. (lol xD idk). I’ll see you later! Oh btw, Juli is with me, so don’t worry.’

I put my phone away in my pocket. Honestly, I did have something to do before departing to Jackson’s house. My task was to go to the gym’s office. Whenever I go there after school, I always make sure that there’s no one so that they don’t know who I am and what relationship I have with the football coach. I knocked on the door and I heard him say, “Come in.” I walked in and he said with a smile on his face, “Hyojin-ah~”

“Hi appa!”

Mark’s POV

After school ended, I was supposed to go to Jackson’s house with Jackson and Juli, but I had to quickly give some papers to Coach Park. I texted Jackson to let him know after the bell rang.

‘Yo! Imma go to your house later. I have to drop by Coach Park’s office first.’

‘Oh okay. I’m going with Juli now. See ya!’

Somehow I have this bad feeling in me while I’m slowly walking towards the gym. I don’t know why. I mean, I didn’t eat anything during lunch. I bet it’s nothing, I must be hungry then. Hmph, how come it seems like I’ve seen Hyojin before? For some reason, she reminds me of Coach Park’s beautiful daughter. I wonder how she’s doing now. If only I can see her pretty face every day. Man, just thinking of her makes my heart beat fast. Even Jaemi can’t make it beat this fast.

I entered the gym and saw that no one was there, but I heard some giggling coming from Coach Park’s office. It sounds like a girls giggle. It sounds cute. As I was nearing the office, I heard a familiar voice yell out, “Appa! Don’t say such a thing!” And once I arrived at the door, I heard Coach Park say, “I’m sorry Hyojin-ah~ it’s just… your guys’ names are cute together.”

Hyojin? Don’t tell me it’s the Ahn Hyojin I met today. I saw that the door was open slightly, and slowly opened the door. Just enough for me to at least see Coach Park’s daughter’s face. The girl turned around, and…. It was Hyojin. Ahn Hyojin.

Ahn Hyojin… is… Coach Park’s… daughter??!!! How?!

 

 

 

 


author's note:

Here's another update for all of you guys! I hope you guys like it even though it is pretty short. It was only 2 pages and a third on word. I was so angry with that. I usually have 4-5 pages of a chapter, but this chapter is short. Sorry about that :( Have you guys been watching I GOT7? Omg it's so funny! I like how Mark is starting to get out of his comfort zone. It's going quite slowly, but it's a progress! Have you guys heard 'A'? It's pretty good. Youngjae got a lot of parts. As always, I love Mark's flips. Okay, I'll stop spazzing now. Please comment!!!!

thanks for reading~saburiina