Final Decision

Jock+Nerd=Error

Ch. 8: Final Decision

Mark's POV

Here I am, waiting for Hyojin in front of her apartment door. I know what you're wondering, why am I waiting for her in front of her apartment? Well, to answer that question, Hyojin stood me up earlier. Okay, she technically didn't stood me up since Jackson told me, but still.

The only reason why I asked her to meet up with me, is because I feel bad for causing a commotion early in the morning. I WAS going to take her out and eat some food, you know, try and get to know her a little bit, but no, she had to do something

Don't even get me started on the group project! Who is she to just switch out of it? I don't mind having Yerin, but having Hyojin is better. What am I saying? I was so angry with her that I gave her the cold stare while she was with her "new group". But seeing the way she smiles and laughs around her new group, it seems like she enjoys being with that group. I'll let her be. I even heard from Juli that she was soaking wet with feathers all over her. Man, that it just darn right rude

I have been patiently waiting in front of her door for 2 hours after school ended. Why don't I just wait in my house? I live next to her anyways. Remember that dare about me being her slave for 100 days? Well, my friends noticed how I am not cooperating with the dare, so now they extended it to 110 days. With that being said, I have to now act like her slave. How do I even do that? I was always the leader, never the follower. 
"Oh, Mark ssi?" I heard a voice call above me. I looked up to see Coach Park.

"Oh, hello Coach Park." I bowed after standing up.

"What are you doing here? In front of my door... when your door is just right over there." He pointed to my door.

"I was uh..." I wasn't sure at that moment if I should tell him that I was waiting for his daughter, or to lie. "Waiting for you daughter." That was suppose to come out as a lie, but it came out the truth.

"Why?" He gasped, "You don't perhaps... have any... feelings for my daughter, do you?" Why would he say that?

I scoffed, "What? No, I-" he cut me off.

"You're bluffing." He pointed out.

"Coach, you're misunderst-" he cut me off, again.

"It's okay. I approve of you and my daughter." He patted my shoulder before entering his apartment.

As I was watching him entering his apartment, I was wondering to myself. Why doesn't Hyojin and Coach Park have the same last name? Ahn and Park. Probably she's adopted? No, she looks like her dad, but more feminine. Why don't they both want to reveal that they are related? There's a lot of questions, yet to be answered.

"Mark?" I looked up and saw Hyojin.

I fixed myself a little bit, "Hyojin-ah. I was uh-"

"Waiting for me?" it's like she read my mind.

I nodded, "How'd you..."

"My dad texted me." She showed me the text. "You are lucky that I was in the elevator or else you would've waited longer." She chuckled. She smiled like she did when I first saw her...

I can't lose my cool in front of the girl I find beautiful, "What took you so long to get here? And why weren't you at school after science? Why'd you switch groups?" Okay, just by asking these questions, I'm already losing my cool.

"Woah, Mark. Just one question at a time." She sighed, "First, I was at Jimin's house. Second, I went somewhere out of school after science. And third, I switched groups because I feel like you guys don't need me."

"Well we do need you." I started raising my voice. "I need you..." I muttered that part.

"Sorry, what was the last thing you said?" She asked.

I shook my head, "N-nothing."

I heard her sigh, "Mark?" I looked up. "I-I'm sorry for making you worried."

"It's okay." I replied. Then there was an awkward silence. We didn't even make eye contact, once.

"Well, I have to go in now. I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked.

I nodded and saw that she was holding bags and bags of vegetables. "How about I help you bring these in? They seem heavy." I reached for the bags.

"Oh, thank you." She said, shyly.

I grabbed one of the bags and my hand made contact with her. This was the first time I've held her hand. It was warm, soft, and delicate. It makes me want to grab it and kiss the back of her hand. We made eye contact and I caught her blushing. I'll use this to my advantage.

"No problem. I'm your slave anyways." I pointed out.

"Appa! I'm home! And I brought your little star quarterback here!" she yelled as we entered. 

Her house has a different feel to mine. My parents aren't usually home due to the fact that they always take business trips, but they try to check up on my every now and then. Every house I enter, I get this weird feeling. A good feeling. A feeling that I want. I need. It's the feeling of... family. Something I don't get on a daily basis. So basically, I live on my own, most of the time.

I helped bring her groceries to her kitchen. Wow, her kitchen seems looks like it never attracts specs of dust. Very cleans and fancy. Boy, try to see my kitchen.

"Hyojin-ah!" Her dad yelled. She looked at her dad and he asked her to come towards her. What he said to Hyojin sounded incoherent to me, but the words I caught were, "Mark" "Stay" and "Dinner". So~ Coach Park wants me to stay for dinner? 

I guess what I thought was right because Hyojin yelled, "I don't want him to stay for dinner!" Can she be anymore obvious?

While they were having a chat, I felt my phone vibrate. I took out my phone and saw that it was a text from Jaemi. I've been so caught up with Hyojin lately that I've forgotten about my girlfriend. Why doesn't she ever call me? She always texted me. The message read, 'Hey oppa! Long time no talk! How've you been? My doctor said that I can go to school tomorrow! See you tomorrow!'

That text sounded like she didn't want any reply from me at all. It sounded like she didn't even want to text me! Jaemi has been pretty off for these couple of months.

[Flashback]

'Hey Jaemi~ want to go out and grab a bite?' I texted her.

'Sorry sweetie, I got in trouble for coming home late from practice. Next time?'

That's weird, she never gets in trouble from coming home late to practice. I decided to just shrug it off.

'It's okay, we can go next time.' I texted back.

[End]

And that "next time" never happened because every single time I texted her something like that, she always has some sort of excuse to not attend it. I told my friends about it and they told me to just break up with her. They've told me that they've seen her with some dude at the park or mall, but I never believed them because she promised to me that she only has eyes for me. But now, I'm doubting it.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Hyojin snapped her finger in front of my face. I looked up... and her glasses were off. She looked exactly like the first time, well, excluding the acne.

"Did you even hear a single word I said?" she asked, in a motherly tone. 

"S-sorry, I was thinking about something." I saw her give me a weird look.

"Anyways, my dad wants to have you over for dinner. Do you want to?" Her face says no, while her eyes says the total opposite.

"I don't mean to impose." Since when did I use the word "impose"?

"Not at all. Just wait on the couch, my daughter will start cooking dinner." Mr. Park told me. I nodded and sat down on the couch in the living room.
I honestly had nothing to look at, so I just faced my body towards the kitchen. But all that caught my attention was the figure that was at the stove, cooking, with her hair tied up, and her cute pink apron. To me, it seemed like she was cooking for her husband and kids. She really has a motherly figure. I bet she'll be a great mother someday.

Okay, I'm losing my cool right now. I'll be honest, I'm lost in Hyojin's eyes. I can't even tell my GOT7 friends that the person I fell in love with, is Ahn Hyojin. I know it's wrong because I'm dating someone, but I'm not have anything with Hyojin am I? No, so that's not technically called cheating. Let's just say that I lost interest in Jaemi, and I have more interest towards Hyojin.

So here's my final decision...

I'm in love with Ahn Hyojin

 

 

 

 


author's note:

Hey everybody! So here's a kind of short update for y'all. I hope y'all like this chapter. Especially the last sentence *winki* *wink* I had this chapter all planned out, but I didn't have access to a computer, so I typed it in my Ipad. And when I copied and pasted it here, I couldn't edit a damn thing. But I finally got access to a computer and voila. I might not be able to update a lot, but I'll try, because I'm in Canada right now and it's my summer, so I want to spend it wisely. Don't forget to comment guys! Peace out! && here's a gif of Moooork for you readers!

thanks for reading~saburiina