Chapter 2

I Think I'm Ugly

“Uri, syupeo juni,” Leeteuk began, “o-eyo!” they chorused. The audience was still screaming loudly and not to be mean, but screams for them was even louder than the previous groups. Unfortunately not all the members were present for today’s show. There were only Leeteuk, Heechul, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae and also Siwon. I didn’t really mind though as long as my favourite member is here.

“So, now that we’ve introduced our guests, why don’t everyone take a seat and let’s begin with our first segment,” said Jaesuk oppa. There were seventeen guests and it was seriously a full house.

“Wait!” Myeongsoo oppa butted in. “Shouldn’t we have our popularity poll right now?”

“Oh you’re right! We should! We want to know among these guys, who is the most favoured by our beautiful MCs.”

“Well, we can’t really decide by looking at them like this. They should do something to impress us and I’m going to pick the one who’s most impressive,” I said.

Taecyeon walked up to us and lifted up his shirt to show off his chocolate abs. I was screaming in delight when I saw that. Well, I wasn’t alone. All the girls in the studio were squealing including the staffs. Not wanting to lose, Super Junior’s Leeteuk summoned Siwon to show off his. I literally couldn’t breathe. The sight in front of me was just so beautiful. I wanted to touch it but I kind of not want to humiliate myself. MBLAQ also didn’t want to lose so they sent their most muscular member – Lee Joon.

“Today is the happiest day of my life!” Miseon eonni exclaimed. I couldn’t help but to agree. “Each group has their own member who’s in charge of hot body, should we see who’s the strongest among this three?”

Lee Joon showed off his strength by lifting up Taecyeon and Taecyeon showed off by lifting up Joon. Muscular men are heavier than regular men, so of course, lifting up each other wasn’t an easy job.

We were expecting Siwon to lift Shindong up but he walked up to me instead. He smiled at me and in a second I was in his strong arms. He was lifting me up bridal style and I was literally on cloud nine, even above that, if it’s possible. What are the odds of having this hot guy to carry me in the most romantic way that all girls would want their men to carry them? And on top of all he’s the man that makes my heart beats a million times faster. Yes, he is the man that I have been having a crush on.

Since it’s a ‘competition’ to see who’s the strongest, I immediately felt conscious about my weight. I’m not as skinny as most Korean girls. I’m more to under normal weight, unlike Korean girls who are skinny. But then, those skinny girls are favoured by all Korean men.

In order to not hurt his feelings by screaming for him to put me down, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pretended to try to kiss him. It worked as he automatically unwrapped his arms in shock. I fell down from a good two feet above the ground on my with a loud thud. This caused an eruption of laughter from everyone. He apologised to me and asked if I were okay. I just told him that I’m okay even though my and my back were so painful that I had to be careful not to move a lot throughout the recording.

*****

Finally the recording ended with a satisfaction. We took four hours just to record an episode. Four hours just for an hour show? Being an entertainer is not easy. I walked to the waiting room limping.

“Noona! Are you okay?” Mir asked me, concerned.

“My back hurt.”

“Ohmygoodness! Is it from the fall?”

“No, no! Of course not! I don’t have a good back since I’m always wearing high heels,” I lied.

“I don’t get why girls wear high heels when they know that it’s not good for their back,” stated Seungho.

“Well, why don’t you explain why guys wear insoles in their shoes?”

“At least it doesn’t kill our feet and our back.”

“It does, Seungho-ah, it just takes a longer time for the effects to happen.”

“Hyori-ah~” greeted my manager eonni. “You did a good job today!” she nudged me with her elbow and winked at me, hinting. I slapped her elbow and blushed.

“Not in front of these kids!” I whispered. Eonni just laughed and patted my shoulder. She told me that I was done for the day and since tomorrow is Saturday, it means I’m free the whole day.

“Are you kids free?” I asked the MBLAQ boys. “I want to treat you to Korean BBQ tonight~”

All of them cheered in unison, including eonni. She’s just like me, a big fan of grilled meat as well. It’s kind of too late to be eating grilled meat but I don’t really care if I gain weight. Looks is not so important if you’re a comedian. But luckily, I am blessed with a body that has quite fast metabolism. Yes, quite fast. If it’s fast, then I’d be skinny as well.

We ordered servings after servings and I was worried about the amount of money I would spend for what we ordered. I mean, even though I am well-paid, I also need money for other stuff rather than feeding these hungry lions. These guys are for sure big eaters. On second thought, it’s not like I get to do this all the time. Besides, it’s been a while since our last proper outing. Being with young people made me feel young again.

“Hey you guys!” greeted Bongseon eonni. She was my co-MC at the show that we’re filming with MBLAQ. Even though we’re in the same field, I didn’t get to see her a lot because she’s been working at the other station.

*****

“ONE SHOT!” I shouted and drank my soju in one gulp. The bitter taste of the alcohol went down my throat but it literally made me feel so good. I poured one glass for Seungho and he also drank it in one go. The others cheered for him and then he poured me another one and urged me to drink it. Tonight we’re going to drink until we’re drunk!

As I was about to pour the liquid down my throat, my phone buzzed loudly on the table. I just got a message from an unknown number.

“Good evening, Hyori-ssi. I’m so sorry about what happened today. I saw you limping after the recording. I’m sorry I couldn’t ask you right away as we had to leave immediately. Does your body still hurt? If it does, I’d be glad to bring you to the hospital tomorrow. Give me a call.

 

-          Choi Siwon”

 

A/N: Thanks for subscribing and commenting (: