Chapter 6

I Think I'm Ugly

“SIWON-AH!” Leeteuk screamed and ran towards the set.

All the Super Junior members ran towards the set even though some of them were injured. It’s obvious that Donghae was holding the pain from his leg when he was running. I was worried for Siwon and even more worried for Donghae. The filming had to be stopped for a while. First aiders rushed towards Siwon and quickly carried him to the first aid tent. Thankfully he was conscious but he was in pain. The members and their managers blocked the view so the fans wouldn’t be too worried.

MC Changmyeong went into the tent leaving me alone outside. I don’t know whether I should go in or not. I don’t know whether I could bear to see him in pain.

“You should go in and check up on him,” said my manager, “after all you’re also a part of this show.”

Should I go in? I’d look bad if I don’t go in but it’s full of males and I bet he’d be topless as well. Eonni patted my shoulder and urged me to go in. I sighed and walked to the tent and stopped midway when I heard a male voice screaming out in pain.

“ARGH!”

I recognised that voice. Who else if it’s not Siwon? Another grunt could be heard from him. Some fans who heard it were whispering to each other. Some were even crying. I turned back and approached my eonni.

“I don’t think I can see him in that state.”

 “He’s going to be fine,” she assured me.

I tried to convince myself but failed when the first aiders rushed out of the tent with Siwon on the stretcher. He was covering his face and he looked like he was in a major pain. The fans started screaming and crying out for him even more when they saw him. Finally he was brought into the ambulance and sent off to the hospital.

Donghae went out of the tent limping with Eunhyuk holding him up.

“Donghae-ssi!” I called out.

He looked up and waved at me with a smile on his face. Even though he’s in pain, he could still put on his signature sweet smile on his face.

“We’re going to the hospital as well,” said Eunhyuk. He himself sprained his arm but he still had the strength to help Donghae walk. Their friendship is just so beautiful.

The filming ended early that day. It had to be put on hold due to the accident. We later found out that the second last block where Siwon fell down weren’t properly placed. There was a light support to prevent it from falling down and one of the staffs has misplaced it. This, of course didn’t go out to the media and the fans. They would go berserk if they hear it and that would be the last thing we want to happen in order to keep the good image of the show.

*****

Filming for Gag Concert just ended and I was on my way home. I dismissed my manager early as I wanted an alone time for myself. It’s been two days since the incident and I haven’t heard about him yet because I was too busy with my schedule. Besides, no one updated me on his current condition. I did text Shindong but he hasn’t replied me yet which I understood because he’s just as busy as I am. Well, busier, I must say. I tried looking for updates from fanblogs, but to no avail, there’s still no news on Siwon. He also hasn’t updated his twitter yet.

My feet have brought me to Han River once more. This is the place that I love to go to clear my mind off any problems. I was sitting down on the stairs when my phone buzzed. What a coincident, I was just thinking of him.

“Shindong-ah?”

“Hyori-ah, I’m so sorry I haven’t been able to update you. How are you?”

“I’m good. You?”

“I’m good as well. By the way, Siwon is doing fine but he’s having a rest right now. He sprained his ankle and also his wrist but he’s healing so no worries.”

“Oh. Okay...”

“If you want to visit him you can go to ward 18 at the General Hospital.”

“Oh I’m planning to visit him.”

“While you’re at it, can you take care of him as well? We’re so busy with our stuff and we feel bad leaving him alone.”

“R-right.”

“I have to go. My radio show starts in thirty minutes. See you soon!”

I looked at my watch and realised that it’s already late. I bet umma will call me if I don’t get home in fifteen minutes. If I could wait for two days, I think I can wait for one more day.

*****

The meeting for Gag Concert finally ended. It’s not easy to be comedians especially when we have a show every week with lots of segments. Sometimes I get worried that my segment would be lame but so far, I haven’t seen anyone not laughing at my jokes.

I walked to the General Hospital with a container of food and a bouquet of flowers in my hands. I actually googled on suitable things to bring for visiting patient and flowers and food are on top of the list. I smiled at the smell of the flowers, hoping that it won’t be too girly for him.

Fortunately no one recognised me yet. Unlike some celebrities, even if they’re wearing disguise, fans can still recognise them. I’m not complaining though. Surprisingly there weren’t any fans lurking around the hospital ground at all.

Finally I’m in front of the door to his ward. I gathered my guts and knocked softly on the door. I opened the door and walked in. There, I saw a young lady sitting in front of his bed with her hands holding her chin while staring at Siwon’s handsome sleeping face. I couldn’t see her face fully as her long wavy hair was covering it.

“Excuse me...,” I said softly. My voice was caught in my throat at the sight of the lady looking at him intently. She looked up and I gasped. We went silent at first and she broke it with a smirk.

“Well well well. Who else if it’s not Jung Hyori,” she spoke out.

 

A/N: Do you think the story is too dragging? I just don’t want to rush it. I don’t really know how my pace of writing is actually. Sometimes I feel like it’s too slow but sometimes I feel like I’m rushing it as well. Well, I’m just hoping that all of you are enjoying it.